Start by marking “Unicorn Day” as Want to Read:

Hooray! Hooray!
It's Unicorn Day!
When unicorns
come out to play.
The most important rule of Unicorn Day is to have fun, fun, fun!

The unicorns are celebrating their favorite day of the year, complete with rainbows, cupcakes, butterflies, and all sorts of joyful things. But when it's revealed there's an impostor in their midst, the party comes to a screeching halt...

Will the u
Published June 4th 2019 by Sourcebooks Jabberwocky

To ask other readers questions about Unicorn Day, please sign up.
Diana Murray Age of intended audience is about 4-8yrs

Jane
Yay! Yay! Yay! It's Unicorn Day! Well, I mean I suspect that every day might be Unicorn Day, but in this book we're looking at just one of those days.

Filled with fun, bright pictures, this story is fairly simple with an inclusive message about kindness and friendship. I'm often leery of books told in rhyme, but this one does it very well, and I never had to guess about the rhythm of the lines.

4 fun stars for this book that is perfect for anyone who loves unicorns (or glitter fights)!

Thanks to N
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
This was absolutely adorable, and who doesn't love unicorns? I enjoyed the theme of friendship and acceptance surrounding the "impostor" in their group, and I thought the little song at the end was really fun and would work well for a storytime read-along.

Thank you so much to the publisher for providing me with this ARC in exchange for an honest review!
Mel (Epic Reading)
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a fun, colourful illustrated book about Unicorn Day; which is essentially a silly fun play day that the Unicorns made-up. Not really suitable for bedtime as there are many moments where your toddler is likely to want to yell (like "glitter fight") and what not. But certainly a great afternoon read. The very busy pages ensure that your child will always have something new to look at; and it has a cute little morale about being inclusive to everyone; not just unicorns, to participate in Un ...more
Abigail
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Determined Unicorn Fans
It's Unicorn Day, and those magical horned equines are getting into the enchanted fun - braiding one another's manes, dodging cupcakes as they rain from the sky, getting into glitter fights - when they discover an impostor in the midst. Will they kick out the brown horse with a fake horn? Or will they prove that everyone is welcome at Unicorn Day...?

There's never much doubt as to the answer to that question, as the rhyming text of Unicorn Day builds towards its message of tolerance and inclusivi
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a little too cute for words, or even for pictures. If your kids love unicorns then, this is the perfect book for them. It is full with fun happy unicorns, and one horse who wants to be a unicorn as well.

So, really, despite all the glitter, and bright colors, this is really a book about friendship, and how anyone can be a unicorn and be accepted.

So, super sweet, but sometimes having a slice of bright confetti colored cake is ok.

Thanks to Netgalley for making this book available for an hon
Lana
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this Unicorn story! I was so excited to get a copy of it to read to my preschoolers! The kids in my program love anything unicorn, in fact each year celebrate unicorn week!
This story is a colorful and simple story about celebrating unicorns, full of glitter, cupcakes, rhyming, dancing and all things happy and fun! Their is also a message of friendship and acceptance of others.
This book will definitely be a hit for preschoolers!
Thank you to Sourcebooks and NetGalley for this advanced co
SheLovesThePages
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such an adorable book! Unicorns celebrating Unicorn Day with a big party! Love it. My daughter is a compete unicorn junkie and she enjoyed this book immensely, especially the drawings. My son, 7 years old, got right into the story, as well. Winner!
La Coccinelle
Mar 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, children, netgalley
At first glance, this looks like a pretty frivolous book full of unicorns, fairies, cupcakes, and glitter fights. But it's actually about friendship and acceptance. Unicorns just want to have fun, fun, fun! Would they really be so petty as to exclude those who aren't exactly like them? Of course not!

The confection-sweet illustrations might be a bit much for some readers (including this one; I found the Lisa Frank-like colour palette a bit intense), but the rhyming text and pure exuberance of the
Steff Pasciuti
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alright, everyone. It's time to drop whatever you're doing and go request Unicorn Day by Diana Murray and illustrated by Luke Flowers from NetGalley because this book is just adorable. I requested this book largely due tot he fact that, in my work, I know a bunch of kids who are super into unicorns. And see, one of the cool things about my job is that when kids end instruction with us we get to buy them a book. Mainly, I wanted to see if this was a book that would be perfect for some of the kids ...more
Ashley Holstrom
I love this book so much, I cannot even.

★ Note: I work for the publisher, and this review is mine, ALL MINE!
Jen Solak
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a fun and colorful story that shows how we should accept others. The unicorns have a fun day planned for unicorns, but soon find they have a fake among their midst. How they handle it is a way to bring up the topic of being different, fitting in, and sharing with young children without being preachy,

My three year old boys loved this book!

Thank you NetGalley for an early copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Rachel
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book tricked me! I thought that it would just be a vividly illustrated book for kids super into unicorns, but actually it is also a charming ode to acceptance with lovely Pride Parade parallels. Also, the charming rhyming scheme will make this a MUST for any rainbow storytimes I do this year.
debbicat ☮~Traveling Sister
Such a cute little picture book for the young ones. I love all the illustrations and it has a very good message about being friends with those that are not in your little group. A message about acceptance and having fun.

Many thanks to net galley and the publisher of this precious little book for giving me a copy to read and review. I highly recommend it!
Chance Lee
May 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-it
On Unicorn Day, unicorns celebrate gluttony, hedonism, and... acceptance(?). The brief message of friendship is like sneaking one solitary green pea into a bag of white chocolate M&Ms. Not that all books have to have a message, but this book is so extremely colorful and loud it nauseated me.
Tara
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
A bright, colorful and glittery book about unicorns and how each one is different. This is a book that celebrates each other's differences and with unicorns being so popular these days, this book will always be checked out. Better get a few.
Garrett
In MY book, EVERYDAY is Unicorn Day!
Stacy
Yet another book about a horse pretending to be a unicorn.
Michelle Schaub
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unicorn fans, this book has it all: rainbows, glitter, cupcakes. Yes, unicorns and readers will have fun, fun, fun with UNICORN DAY’s bright illustrations and light, playful rhyme, but the subtle underlying message of accepting and including those who are different is powerful. Grab a unicorn horn and join this feel-good party!
Erin
Unicorn Day is sure to please the young unicorn lover in your life. Full of rainbows, friendship and of course, glitter, all of the unicorn greatest hits are here. This will definitely be a hit with my unicorn obsessed 5 year old.
Ben Truong
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am babysitting my nieces and nephew tonight and it is the littlest turn to choose the book and she chosen this one. Unicorn Day is a children's picture book written by Diana Murray and illustrated by Luke Flowers. It is about a party for these fable equines with fun and play.

Murray's text is rather simplistic, straightforward, and lyrical. In rhyming text that mostly scans a community of chipper, bright-eyed unicorns obey the three rules of Unicorn Day, by showing off the horn, fluff the hair
Storywraps
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Horray! Hooray!
It's Unicorn Day!
When unicorns
Come out to play.
The most important rule of Unicorn Day is to have fun, fun, fun!"

And do Unicorns know how to throw a celebration! WOW!

In the woods where tall trees sway you are invited to sing the song of Unicorn Day, kick up your hooves and jump and cheer surrounded by sparkly butterflies as you slide down rainbows and have a braiding-hairfest. How fun is that? Cupcakes rain down from the sky and then it's GLITTER FIGHT time. Oh boy can't wait! Lo
Jana
Unicorn books are very popular with young readers, and this cute one has bright and colorful illustrations along with bouncy, rhyming text to share and important message with young readers. This is a story of inclusivity and sharing in community. It's Unicorn Day and all of the unicorns have gotten together for a fun celebration that includes singing, dancing, sparkly butterflies, rainbow slides, hair braiding, cupcakes, and loads of other activities. As everyone is enjoying themselves, it becom ...more
Erin
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for providing a review copy.

Unicorn Day is a bright, cheery picture book with rhyming text that will find a devoted audience at my library. It's not much of a substantial story-- we mostly get to watch unicorns romp around and show off their horns and manes-- but when one of the unicorns turns out to be a horse with a fake horn, the others rally around to open their day to less traditional "unicorns". The rhyming text scans well and I'm happy to say it pass
Trish C. Arrieche
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Have you hugged a unicorn today?"

I mean, who doesn't love UNICORNS and glitter fights?!?!? First, the cover is everything! The illustrations on the front cover and throughout each spread is superb and adds to the theme of having fun, fun, fun. This book would be great for preschoolers and early primary students with the song and rhymes in the story. The song is a phenomenal way to include the readers in a sing-along or read-aloud. Most importantly, the theme of inclusion, acceptance, and friend
Jenna Grodzicki
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
From start to finish, this book is truly a celebration. There are unicorns, sparkly butterflies, rainbows, and a glitter fight! The magic happens, though, when a horse is caught pretending to be a unicorn. Rather than sending him away, the unicorns continue celebrating their special day AND new friends. Whether you're a unicorn, horse, flamingo, or Yeti, everyone can take part in the fun. The rhyming text is a delight to read aloud, and the bright and colorful illustrations can't help but make y ...more
McKenzie Richardson
For more reviews, check out my blog: Craft-Cycle

This colorful and cutesy book quickly caught my eye at the library.

A cute, silly, and super sweet book all about Unicorn Day. While this one doesn't really have a set plot, it's a nice rhyming book about how unicorns celebrate and accept everyone. Especially in the first half of the book, it is fun to do a sort of look-and-find for the one creature that is not quite like the others.

Nice book filled with tons of colorful pictures. Good fit for fan
Pam
Mar 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I received an electronic ARC from Sourcebooks through NetGalley.
Unicorn Day has arrived and the unicorns celebrate. They have three rules and the most important is to have fun. Midway through the day, they discover one of them is a horse. It looks like he'll have to leave, but they welcome him to stay and join the fun. Eventually other creatures join in too.
The rhyming text flows smoothly and the song is catchy. Young readers will enjoy putting their own melody to these words.
The illustrations m
Ariel
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The best day of all is Unicorn Day, because even if you are not a unicorn, you will have fun, fun, fun with this gorgeously illustrated book! This picture book is perfect for adults reading the snappy rhyme to kids, but it also feels like an early reader where kids just starting to read will enjoy saying the text out loud. The rainbow, cupcake, and glitter filled illustrations wonderfully complement the message of belonging even if you are different, as long as you have the same goal of having a ...more
Chana Stiefel
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bright candy-colored illustrations fill the pages of Unicorn Day, where the rules include having fun, fun fun! But when happens when an imposter joins the party? Will they kick him out? Kids and parents alike will have fun, fun, fun with Diana Murray’s bouncy rhyme and pictures by Luke Flowers. This picture book is a cupcake-, glitter-, and heart-filled parade of joy. If only every day was Unicorn Day.
Jodi McKay
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy Unicorn, this book is pure happiness! I could not stop smiling while reading this story. The pages are so bright, colorful, and full of everything that you can think of that says unicorn and the rhythm of the words adds to the celebration perfectly. This story is not only fun (glitter fights!), but it also has a lot of heart as the unicorns are all about acceptance and inclusion. Loved it from start to finish. Neigh, neigh, neigh! Dance and play!
« previous 1 3 next »
Diana Murray grew up in New York City and still lives nearby with her husband, two children, and a fuzzy white pup-icorn. Diana's children's books include, CITY SHAPES and SUMMER COLOR (Little, Brown), GRIMELDA: THE VERY MESSY WITCH (Katherine Tegen Books/HarperCollins), NED THE KNITTING PIRATE (Roaring Brook Press), DORIS THE BOOKASAURUS (Imprint/Macmillan), PIZZA PIG (Random House), UNICORN DAY ...more