Start by marking “Woman of Blood & Bone (Rogue Ethereal #1)” as Want to Read:
Woman of Blood & Bone (Rogue Ethereal #1)

Woman of Blood & Bone

(Rogue Ethereal #1)

I was burned at the stake when I was fourteen...
I was drowned in a lake when I was twenty-four...
At twenty-seven, I was stoned in a public square...

Maxima Alcado has died a hundred times in a hundred different ways, usually at the hands of the humans she tries to save. But when this centuries-old Witch helps the wrong person, things go horribly wrong.

Max might just die
Published February 27th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Woman of Blood & Bone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Woman of Blood & Bone

Jessica Robbins
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-kindle
Great World Building

Jump into a fantasy world with magic, angels, demons, and so much more. The female lead is awesome and kicks some butt as she gives tattooed trying to live her life. After living for hundreds of years she thinks she has seen it all until life throws her a curve ball. Now she has to figure things out before it all goes bad with little to no information. Great development and smooth writing that Will draw you in until you hit the last page wondering what will happen next. Perfe
Shirley Cuypers
Original review

This book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Annie Anderson!

Woman of Blood & Bone
is the first book in the Rogue Ethereal series and tells the story of Max and her friends. One day two people visit her tattoo shop and then everything changes…

Woman of Blood & Bone was such a good and interesting story. I really liked that this book, and series, is about different kinds of supernatural creatures. I think it’s always nice when you can read
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
description
Annie Anderson delivers something new with the Rogue Ethereal Series. A spin off from the incredible Ashes to Ashes Series, I couldn't wait to dive into Woman of Blood & Bone. This story was different than Anderson's previous series as this one focuses on Max. She had intrigued me and I was eager to find out more about her.

As with all of her previous books, Anderson hits us with a fast paced and action packed storyline. Woman of Blood & Bone has Max and her best friend, Striker, doing th
Kaye
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ANNIE HAS DONE IT AGAIN!!!
Wow! I'm just gonna go ahead and tell ya, this is one wild ride. An excellent, easy to follow, fast paced, nailbiting, thrilling read that captures your attention from the first page to the last word. You can't put it, frozen to the edge of your seat and held prisoner till the very end. Annie shows her impressive skilled talent to bring this from imagination to life. You'll follow the main characters and fall in love with their personalities. You root for the good guys
Scarolet Ellis
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!!!!! I could not put this down. I so badly am waiting to read more from Annie Anderson. I highly recommend this book and author to everyone who loves a terrific book. i can't wait to read more loved it.
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Cranky Stars

Y’all remember Maxima right? She’s the spunky enigmatic witch who captured the glances of Ian and saved our friends from Ashes to Ashes series. This is the story you knew you needed but wasn’t sure you’d ever see.

Max is a rouge witch. She runs a tattoo parlor with her best friend and fellow unique person Striker. She’s been on earth several millennia and has died often yet she comes back every time. She is done with putting herself out there for ones who won’t extend her the same c
Gabrielle Hashimoto
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I'm still working through the Scattered Ashes series so this is my first introduction to Maxima, but what an introduction it was! Max is half demon, half witch, and was thrown out of her coven at the age of 14 after coming back to life after being burned at the stake. Her mother, the coven leader, bans her from the coven leaving her as a Rogue witch. She has since lived hundreds of years along with her best friend Stryker, and though she has died many times, the first time is the one that haunts
Beverly Laude
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG, what did I just read? What a roller coaster ride of a book!

Annie Anderson has done it again, created a book that grabs you by the throat from the very first page and never lets go!

Maxima Alcado is a rogue witch who has died hundreds of times in her long life, each and every time because she is helping someone else to live. She and her best friend, Striker, are drawn into a young pregnant woman's life when her "boyfriend" comes into Max's tattoo parlor to get some new ink. Little do they kno
K.A. Graham
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Woman of Blood & Bone (Rogue Ethereal 1)
by Annie Anderson

☆☆☆5 stars☆☆☆

Maxima Alcado is my hero, girl crush and basically my everything. She's the ultimate no holds barred bad mamajama! Yes, I may have a slight obsession with her. No shame at all!

Max was basically shunned out of her coven, as a young girl, with nowhere to go and no one to teach her the ways of the "human" world. She taught herself and fought for herself. She's a survivor, ten folds over, literally. She's like a cat with unli
Nikki
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dudes, this book is about Max! Yes, I am a bit excited. Max was introduced as a supporting character in the Ashes to Ashes series and I immediately loved her. She is strong, mysterious and downright bada$$. When I found out she was the lead character in this series I couldn't wait to read it. And let me tell you, I was not disappointed, this book ROCKS!

Annie Anderson has created a world that revolves around this fantastic, yet misunderstood witch. Her very long life is fraught with loneliness ex
Barb Shuler
Magnificent. Brilliant. Frigging awesome! I could go on and on here. I tell you, I’ve loved Max from the moment she shows up in Smoldering Ashes. She’s a total bad-arse with a complex. Bad to the bone, hot and a whole lot of witch in here.

This story gives you a hard look into the life of Max. There is more to her than anything we’ve seen before. She’s been haunted since she was a child. She was tossed out on her coven, made to be a rogue, who knows absolutely nothing about what the human world
Izzybear
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really liked Maxima when she was introduced in Mrs. Anderson’s Ashes to Ashes series. I’m so glad she got her own story. Although Maxima makes an appearance in that series you don’t have to read it to enjoy this.
Max is a strong, sweet, caring and broken woman. She has known a lot of heartache and pain in her life. Cast out at young age because she was different from everyone else Maxima is accustomed to being alone. Not having anyone there to love, guide or protect her hasn’t harden Maxima or
Fleur
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Solid 4.5 star,
This book is go go go right from the start and keeps up a great pace throughout, we meet characters who you can't help to connect with and have plenty of action, bloodshed, tragedy, mystery and surprises. Max is a rouge a witch without a Coven after getting ditched by her delightful (not) Mother at 14, Striker is Max's best friend well one of only a couple of friends really who is an Empath who helps Max get in and out of trouble. Life changes dramatically for them both when a guy
Kathy Wideman
I loved Max from the moment she showed up in the Ashes to Ashes series. I couldn’t wait to read this book and learn more about Max. I was not disappointed. Max is a rogue witch. She has so much power but knows so little about herself or the basics. Max is a total badass and while she hasn’t always had it easy. She is a fantastic friend and woman. I can’t say enough about his book or Max. I can’t wait to read the next book. There will be no spoilers in this review. Instead you just have to read t ...more
Ani Bari
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bold, brash and beautiful. That’s what I consider Max to be like and her book reflected it fantastically. From start to finish you heart is filled with anguish and hope. Finding max survived the wards being drained is a great feeling but the situation she gets herself into is heart breaking. Nothing comes easy for Maxima Alcado and it doesn’t appear that that will change anytime soon.

This could be read as a standalone but reading the previous books will definitely give you more meat to the alrea
LettyT
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW, just WOW! I won't give anything away but I knew this book was going to be fantastic when we met Maxima Alcado (Max) in Smoldering Ashes. Yes, this is a spin-off series but oh it's so much more than that. It's edge of your seat action-packed adventure. There's burning at the stake, rebirths, witches and so much more! The writing makes you feel like you are right there with Max and her best friend Striker, who by the way just might make things a little more crazy, a little more thrilling, and ...more
Lori
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Witch and a Demon walk into a bar...

Being a rogue half witch is a lonely existence. Max, after four hundred years is still untrained and lonely. Spending most of her time with her best friend does help.

These two are a percent pair, and the trouble they get into is endless. It is too bad they cannot see that they have admirers.

This story is just getting warmer up. I love these characters, and I love how it goes into the previous series.
Patti
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Overall rating: 5

Holey moley ! Of course , it is no surprise that this book just held me hostage! Loved the ashes to ashes series, so I am truly ecstatic that is series has begun! This author picked the perfect character to carry this series successfully! My mind is spinning with all the possibilities this book has created! Max rules and I can’t wait for more! No spoilers, this book is truly a guarantee to keep you entertained, engaged, and pacing for the next!
Tam
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
WOW! What a wild and thrilling ride this spin off from the Ashes series takes you on. Max is one rough, tough, kick butt chic. But, what else would you expect from someone that refuses to stay dead? This story had me hooked from the get-go. I can hardly wait to see what happens in the next book!

*I received a complimentary ARC of this story in order to read and provide a voluntary, unbiased and honest review, should I choose to do so.
Roxana
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This definitely was a fun, fast paced ride and I can’t wait for the next book of the series. My one complaint and it really isn’t that big of a deal is that I would have like at least one chapter from Ian’s point of view, maybe I’ll get that in the next book. Definitely one click worthy.
I received an ARC of the book and this is my honest review
Linda
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Remember Maxima (Max) Alcado? In this series Annie Anderson is expanding Max's story. And what a story it is.
Max runs a tattoo parlor along with her best friend Striker. One day a demon named Micah and his pregnant girlfriend Melody walk into the parlor. After that all hell breaks loose, literally.
And did I mention that Max has the ability to come back to life after dying. Which she does.
I think I'll love this series as much as "Ashes to Ashes" if not more.
I received an advance copy of this book
Pamela Taylor
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful

Another wonderful book by this author, I love her writing, the way her characters are so interesting even the baddies, and the storyline makes it hard to put down until you have finished the book.
Dawne
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an awesome spin off of Ashes to Ashes series. Max is amazing with her badassery ways. Who wouldn't count themselves lucky to call her a friend? Couldn't put this book down! Take that Maxima ride, you dont regret it.
Erin
Janice perry
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great

I really enjoyed the characters in this book. I can't wait to more about Max and see what's in store for her.
RavenRose
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am a fan

Annie Anderson has the greatest female characters! This is a fun read, witches, angels, demons, and lots of says! I absolutely recommend this book to anyone looking for good vs evil, supernaturals, and feisty assertive female leads who have just the right amount of attitude!
Books 2 Blog
You can find B2B Ani's review here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Jo
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mind blown

That was absolutely magnificent! Max is not only a Witch but also a smart a@@. Her best friend is a mouthy Empath and these two take on some major nasty stuff. I could not put this down....on to book 2!
Barb VanderWel
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this & I can't wait for more.
I will be also leaving a review on Goodreads @ Amazon.
And letting everyone know about it.
So i gave it a 5 Stars.
Angi
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic Book! I love this series. The characters are so different and the author's way of describing each action scene is great. I feel like I am right there with them.
Goodreads Librari...: Please create series 4 24 Dec 06, 2018 12:30PM
Annie Anderson is a military wife and United States Air Force veteran. Originally from Dallas, Texas, she is a southern girl at heart, but has lived all over the US and abroad. As soon as the military stops moving her family around, she’ll settle on a state, but for now she enjoys being a nomad with her husband, two daughters, an old man of a dog, and a young pup that makes life… interesting.

In he

Rogue Ethereal (3 books)
  • Daughter of Souls & Silence (Rogue Ethereal #2)
  • Lady of Madness & Moonlight (Rogue Ethereal #3)