Start by marking “Hothead (Irresistible #4)” as Want to Read:
Hothead (Irresistible #4)

Hothead

(Irresistible #4)

He's the hottest player in Major League Baseball, the most notorious playboy in all of Manhattan...

And my fake fiancé for the next three months.

...

I was drunk-dialing my ex the night I met him.

Six-three, sexy as sin and so incredibly rude I could smack the asshole smirk right off his face. Long story short, we got off to a bad start. But when the tabloids interpret our spa

To ask other readers questions about Hothead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hothead

Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
4.5

I would like to thank Stella Rhys for keeping me up all night long reading. I hold her totally responsible for my lack of sleep. Her writing is just too damn good! How can I be expected to control myself under those conditions? My Friday wasn't the least bit productive due to me being a walking zombie and all, but I guess I can't really complain. I had such a great time reading Hothead that it seems like a fair trade off. Sleep is for the weak anyway!

photo giphy-162_zpsuc7mqrri.gif

Drew Maddox and Evie Larsen meet at a par
Bookgasms Book Blog
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula
Lord. Stella Rhys has done it again. I swear to God her novels are like Christmas for me as I can't wait to dive in and read all the sexy goodness. They are just so amazing, intense, hot AF, romantic and filled with unexpected surprises. I absolutely FLOVED Drew and Evie as they had allll the sexy chemistry and banter. She gave as good as she got and willingly showed Drew who was boss. I am so not ready to let them go! I loved them so much!!

Anyone who knows me knowssss that Enemies to Lovers rom
Elizabeth
★4.5★
"Do you want to come on my hand or my mouth?"
description

Hothead is a passionate contemporary romance with complex characters, sports action, and smoking hot steam! The fourth book in the Irresistible Series, it can be read as a stand-alone.

description
"I'd gotten pretty damned good at the whole business of pretending."
Evie Larsen is going through a bad break up. After being dumped by her boyfriend, she is struggling to get her life back on track. While drunk dialing her ex, she collides with Drew Maddox. Dre
Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
For me this author is so special like a unicorn like Jessica says.

Drew is kind of an ass with trust issues.
Evie is sweet, maybe a bit naive but that isn't really a good name for it.

I felt true hate for Mike and Hilary (view spoiler)
Jen
4.25 Stars

Loved it! Full review coming atcha soonish.

Melanie (mells_view)
Good and easy read!

This was a good fake relationship read. A hotheaded hero, and a sweet and sassy heroine. They both need to use each other for different reasons, but the using ends up being more than they expect. This read is fun and easy, and although there is angst it’s easily and quickly resolved. All in all a good read if you’re looking for a fake relationship.
Alyssa
4.5 Stars

This had just about everything I love:
The trope was a fake relationship.
The smut was hot as hell
The alpha was dominant and book boyfriend worthy
AND I enjoyed the heroine

So far, this is my fave by the author.
Carmen Rae
Dec 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ex-man-whore, sports
This was a solid 4.5 star read. Loved both characters, loved the ex drama and the perfect revenge of moving on with someone worlds better. Loved that the ex drama was funny rather than anything else. Whole thing just worked for me and I couldn't put it down once I started.

Seriously getting my moneys worth from KU this month with some awesome reads :)
Jamie
Dear Ms. Rhys,
When I was granted an ARC of Hothead, I did a happy-dance around my living room with my Kindle raised in the air in jubilation. Seriously. I'm a wicked big fan. Your stories never fail to make me laugh, gasp, swoon, and inevitably retreat for some "personal time". Hothead was no exception. Beautiful work, as always.
Sincerely,
Me

Because, jeebus folks, that was awesome!
We met Drew and Evie back in Dirty Deeds, as Emmett and Ally's best friends, respectively. Based on meeting them ther
Syndi
Dec 30, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love miss rhys filthy romance. Bad boss is my favourite. However, hothead is bit tame. The story is pretty simple. Insta love and fake engagement becomes real. I feel the chemistry between evi and drew is not explored in more depth. I need something more between them.

But still i enjoy the book.

3 stars
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

So, maybe it's wrong to read a book in the middle of a series but, this is a standalone and thought that I would really enjoy this story. Hey, it's baseball and I am a true sucker for this sport. Love it, grew up with it, watch it (live and on TV – Go Yankees!) and totally understand it. A good baseball book will draw me in and keep me there. And, as I started the story, I find Drew plays for the New York Empires … win, win … until I got into the baseball part of the story and then I had to crin
« Court (Take the Read) »
OH my god this was so sweet. Enemies caught up in a deal of a false relationship, who eventually fall in love despite their individual hang ups? Sign me up.

Especially with a hero like Drew. Baseball star with an unpredictable streak. Damaged from everyone in his past letting him down or using him, the last thing he's open to is a lasting relationship. But that's just what his team needs from him to improve his image.

Enter Evie - just off a LONG relationship, bruised and hurting but still holdin
TheresaDK
2.5-3 stars

I liked it. I didn't love it. To be honest, I didn't much care for the H half the time. The h acted like a babbling fool and there were definitely instances of doormat-behavior - not just with the H but also relating to the ex bf and bff. However, the nookie was hot and... I liked the storyline. Yeah.. that's it.

Bindi Boo
4.5 fake fiancee to lovers stars

Natalia
The story was nice... Like i already said i love fake relation books! Its my guilty pleasure!!

H was not a manwhore but he didn't do relations... After being use and lied for his money Drew is an suspicious guy! He has a harsh way of being that in the beginning makes him a bit of a a*hole but he ends up being nice and sweet!
(view spoiler)

h in the beginning was a mess, after break-up with he
PointedlyBlunt
Pitcher for MLB team the NY Empires, Drew is at risk of getting traded due to his temper and tendency to fight. Desperate to stay with the team in the city he loves, he agrees with his agent to have a fake relationship with a girl he was caught arguing with at a party.
Evie was just dumped by her boyfriend of nine years without warning, right before they were set to move into a new apartment closer to her work. Now, unable to afford anything in the city, she has to commute an average of 4 hours
Katharine ♥The Good, The Bad & The Smutty♥
♥♥♥♥ 4 Sexual Tension is Delightful Stars

A list of things I love:

Sarcastic, borderline asshole heroes.
Stories with emotional arc.
Heroines who have their shit together and can kick ass and take names.
Chemistry and tension that burns the pages.
Really hot sex scenes.
Sassy back and forth dialogue.
Stupid ex-boyfriends getting what they deserve.
Sports Romance.

All of this can also be summed up by saying a list of things I love:

Hothead by Stella Rhys.

The Good. (There’s so much good *sob hysterically and
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
I love Stella Rhys stories!

Evie is an awesome character. She is trying to get over her ex, when she is overheard by Drew., while she is on the phone drunk dialing him. Drew decides to stick his nose where it doesn't belong. And so begins a wonderful friend to lover story.

Drew is a classic athlete. He doesn't trust anyone, he thinks everyone should bow down to him, and he wants to stay with his team. But he will have to be a good boy for the next 3 months or he could be traded.

So he and Evie dec
Kelly
4.5

Really enjoyed this book - first time read from author Stella Rhys and certainly will not be the last. Loved the chemistry, the angst, it was unbelievably hot!
Kylee
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book had me hooked and hot from the start. Drew is a Major League Baseball player who needs to show the team he isn’t the hotheaded player they think he is or they will trade him. Evie has recently had her heart broken and whilst at a party for her best friend stumbles across Drew Maddox. Sparks fly between these two both with chemistry and tempers. A chance photo in the media turns these two into a fake couple, one using it to get her ex to see what he lost and the other to improve his rep ...more
Christina
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
really liked this. very fun fead
Faith89
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-review
received ARC for honest review
This book had me from the moment we meet Drew. He is egotistical, sarcastic, and for Evie irresistible. As one of the top players in the MLB, Drew believes he is untouchable. However, trade rumors are swirling. He must prove that he has settled down and will stay out of trouble. Evie, has just broken up with her boyfriend of forever. She is lost but quickly gets it together after meeting Drew. She changes from a crying, self pitying mess to a strong, witty woman tha
Natalie M
Apr 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Solid read that I enjoyed and it kept my attention throughout the entire book. The H was really douchey at times and I was waiting for something awful to happen (his doing) but that never happened. Overall, this was a fast paced, well developed and steamy read!!
XxTainaxX
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy hotness, Batman.
A Klue
Other than still mourning and mooning over a long term boyfriend that wasn’t man enough to completely cut ties with her though he basically had, I really enjoyed Evie’s character. Sure, she finally connects the dots and realizes she’s better off without him, but her womanhood card took a hit with me for even giving that loser a second thought the moment he up and left her. You'll have to tolerate a brief period where she still hopes he'll come back to her.

Drew, the professional baseball hero, w
Caroline F
Gaaahh! Completely adored this story!! Funny, angsty, and super HAWT!

"If any one person deserved to be the picture next to the Oxford definition of masculinity, it was definitely this prick right here."

Evie Larsen believes in love. In spite of a rough upbringing and a recent painful breakup, she still believes in love and a HEA. An annoying run-in with the bad boy of baseball gets her all hot and bothered. Insane chemistry aside, she knows better than to give in to him.

Drew Maddox is a cynic. H
April Symes
Stella Rhys has done it again. She has written a beautiful, angsty, sizzling fake to real romance read that will knock your socks off. This book has it all- the amazing, hot AF, romantic and intense- filled moments that are met with unexpected surprises.” Hothead” is a read that will definitely give you a book hangover. I absolutely adored Drew and Evie as they had the sexy chemistry and banter that makes you sit up and take notice. We met Drew and Evie back in Dirty Deeds, as Emmett and Ally's ...more
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥
***This and other reviews can be found at www.imasweetandsassybookwhore.com ***

*ARC*

I can’t help it, I am a sucker for fake fiancé storylines and Hothead was a hot and sexy read for sure. From the start, you could tell that Drew and Evie were going to keep you on your toes and they did. The chemistry between them was hot, the banter was funny and let’s not forget about those extremely sexy and let’s face it panty wetting sec scenes.

Drew could be such an asshole but that is part of why I loved h
Jen | Jen Talks Audiobooks
The thing that struck me about this book was the big personalities. The characters are huge - especially Drew (the main character). Everything about him is big. And Evie is a big personality too, just in a different way.

This is steamy and sexy and hot - and the audiobook makes it even more so. Good to know if you want to skip those parts because John Masterson and Cassandra Myles certainly did their jobs well. Cassandra Myles was slightly more "proper" than I'd have liked, with her distinct pron
Heather
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Have to admit when I first started this book I had no idea how someone as in bad of shape as Evie was could ever end up being the heroine in the romance. However, by the second chapter I was totally hooked on Evie and Drew! This book had everything you need in a romance, great story line, fun likeable characters, plenty of heat and a bit of snark. This was a new to me author but I will definitely be on the lookout for more from Stella Rhys!
  • Protecting Their Mate, Part Three
  • Betting It All (Hellfire Riders MC, #4)
  • Their Lasting Claim (Death Lords MC, #5)
  • Double Or Nothing (Bedlam Butchers MC, #5)
  • Lucky Charm
  • Texas Tall
  • Sergio (Benedetti Brothers #3)
  • Kiss of the Vampire (Sweet Valley University Thriller, #3)
  • Playing The Field (Diamonds and Dugouts, #2)
  • Exile (Exile, #1)
  • Eternal Damnation (The Amagarians, #3)
  • Home to You
  • Honor (Brazen Bulls MC, #5)
  • Spin (Boosted Hearts, #2)
  • Glitter on the Web
  • Anything You Ask
  • New York Nights: A Collection of Steamy, Alpha-Male Romances
  • Claiming Her
Stella Rhys is an author of contemporary romance and can't help but write it hot, steamy and borderline filthy (just kidding, it's flat-out filthy). Writing aside, she lives for coffee, the Yankees and cooking recipes way out of her league. She was born and raised in New York and now lives there with her husband and charmingly entitled fur baby.

Irresistible (4 books)
  • Sweet Spot (Irresistible, #1)
  • Bad Boss (Irresistible #2)
  • Dirty Deeds (Irresistible, #3)