Start by marking “Hothead (Irresistible #4)” as Want to Read:
Hothead (Irresistible #4)

Hothead

(Irresistible #4)

He's the hottest player in Major League Baseball, the most notorious playboy in all of Manhattan...

And my fake fiancé for the next three months.

...

I was drunk-dialing my ex the night I met him.

Six-three, sexy as sin and so incredibly rude I could smack the asshole smirk right off his face. Long story short, we got off to a bad start. But when the tabloids interpret our spa

To ask other readers questions about Hothead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hothead

Start your review of Hothead (Irresistible #4)
Anovelqueen
***4.5 STARS***

Stella Rhys does it again with this sizzling hot, emotionally filled love story bringing two strangers together for a desired mutual goal.

Evie has just broken up with her boyfriend of many many years and she is at her best friend's engagement party. She is in a bad way still wanting an explanation from her ex as to why he broke up with her and how great they would be back together. Drew overhears her on the phone and calls her out on her moment of weakness. Fireworks fly and the t
Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
4.5

I would like to thank Stella Rhys for keeping me up all night long reading. I hold her totally responsible for my lack of sleep. Her writing is just too damn good! How can I be expected to control myself under those conditions? My Friday wasn't the least bit productive due to me being a walking zombie and all, but I guess I can't really complain. I had such a great time reading Hothead that it seems like a fair trade off. Sleep is for the weak anyway!

photo giphy-162_zpsuc7mqrri.gif

Drew Maddox and Evie Larsen meet at a
I hate it when I like fictional men so much because millionaires with good hearts that also rock your world in bed? Soooooo easy to find, right?

My love for contemporary romance has grown so much these last years and the stories are just so good. I even enjoy its clichés (for the most part) and they almost always leave me with such a warm feeling that I can’t help by sighing and keep dreaming.

With all of that being said, I liked this book a lot and the series has been fun to read. Very sexy and c
Bookgasms Book Blog
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula
Lord. Stella Rhys has done it again. I swear to God her novels are like Christmas for me as I can't wait to dive in and read all the sexy goodness. They are just so amazing, intense, hot AF, romantic and filled with unexpected surprises. I absolutely FLOVED Drew and Evie as they had allll the sexy chemistry and banter. She gave as good as she got and willingly showed Drew who was boss. I am so not ready to let them go! I loved them so much!!

Anyone who knows me knowssss that Enemies to Lovers rom
#5 – Now or Never – Iain and Holland

Rating
4 ‘babe vs. baby’ 🌟

Song Recommendation
The way Drew falls for Evie in this book, I think, is amazingly conveyed by the song Haan Tu Hai. Here is the English translation for anyone interested.

Review
Drew Maddox, the golden boy of the Empires baseball team, has a certain repu
✰ Liz ✰
★4.5★
"Do you want to come on my hand or my mouth?"
description

Hothead is a passionate contemporary romance with complex characters, sports action, and smoking hot steam! The fourth book in the Irresistible Series, it can be read as a stand-alone.

description
"I'd gotten pretty damned good at the whole business of pretending."
Evie Larsen is going through a bad break up. After being dumped by her boyfriend, she is struggling to get her life back on track. While drunk dialing her ex, she collides with Drew Maddox.
Simran (crazy-undying-obsession-for-romance)
5 “ Drew & Evie “ stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Wow... this was by far the best in the series. I love one hell of a angsty romance. It has felt like a roller coaster ride throughout reading this series. I have enjoyed it the most. I don’t know how long I’ll have to wait for the next one to come out, I’m just hoping it comes out soon. I’m in love with this author’s writing. It just touches your heart. She keeps you riveted to the pages.

The chemistry between Drew and Evie was off the charts hot. The constant pu
❤️Emma Book Lover ❤️
4,5 stars

Loooovee this.
Funny, sexy, hot and perfect book for my current mood.
Drew Maddox has trust issues and a very sad way of regarding life: don’t let anyone close, don’t trust anyone, don’t get attached. But Evie just got under his skin like nobody’s business!
She is passing thru a hard breakup after a 9 years old relationship and the deal with Drew is exactly what she needs to get her mind off of things , plus other benefits too (wink 😉).
Their attraction and sexual tension is HOT and obvio
Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
For me this author is so special like a unicorn like Jessica says.

Drew is kind of an ass with trust issues.
Evie is sweet, maybe a bit naive but that isn't really a good name for it.

I felt true hate for Mike and Hilary (view spoiler)
Jen
4.25 Stars

Loved it! Full review coming atcha soonish.

Melanie (mells_view)
Good and easy read!

This was a good fake relationship read. A hotheaded hero, and a sweet and sassy heroine. They both need to use each other for different reasons, but the using ends up being more than they expect. This read is fun and easy, and although there is angst it’s easily and quickly resolved. All in all a good read if you’re looking for a fake relationship.
Cami
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: smuttfabulous
4.5 Stars!

It has been a few years since I read the last book in this series and I still don’t remember if the other books were this HOT or what but this book was on fire!

This is a “fake relationship” storyline and a really good one. I liked the progression of the relationship. The timing seemed more real than some others I have read.

Drew’s cockiness could be a real turn off but for some reason it completely works for him. He also shows a sweet protective side that made him completely lovable.
Carmen Rae
Dec 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sports, ex-man-whore
This was a solid 4.5 star read. Loved both characters, loved the ex drama and the perfect revenge of moving on with someone worlds better. Loved that the ex drama was funny rather than anything else. Whole thing just worked for me and I couldn't put it down once I started.

Seriously getting my moneys worth from KU this month with some awesome reads :)
Alyssa
4.5 Stars

This had just about everything I love:
The trope was a fake relationship.
The smut was hot as hell
The alpha was dominant and book boyfriend worthy
AND I enjoyed the heroine

So far, this is my fave by the author.
Syndi
Dec 30, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love miss rhys filthy romance. Bad boss is my favourite. However, hothead is bit tame. The story is pretty simple. Insta love and fake engagement becomes real. I feel the chemistry between evi and drew is not explored in more depth. I need something more between them.

But still i enjoy the book.

3 stars
tinyteaplots
Dear Ms. Rhys,
When I was granted an ARC of Hothead, I did a happy-dance around my living room with my Kindle raised in the air in jubilation. Seriously. I'm a wicked big fan. Your stories never fail to make me laugh, gasp, swoon, and inevitably retreat for some "personal time". Hothead was no exception. Beautiful work, as always.
Sincerely,
Me

Because, jeebus folks, that was awesome!
We met Drew and Evie back in Dirty Deeds, as Emmett and Ally's best friends, respectively. Based on meeting them ther
« Court (Take the Read) »
OH my god this was so sweet. Enemies caught up in a deal of a false relationship, who eventually fall in love despite their individual hang ups? Sign me up.

Especially with a hero like Drew. Baseball star with an unpredictable streak. Damaged from everyone in his past letting him down or using him, the last thing he's open to is a lasting relationship. But that's just what his team needs from him to improve his image.

Enter Evie - just off a LONG relationship, bruised and hurting but still holdin
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

So, maybe it's wrong to read a book in the middle of a series but, this is a standalone and thought that I would really enjoy this story. Hey, it's baseball and I am a true sucker for this sport. Love it, grew up with it, watch it (live and on TV – Go Yankees!) and totally understand it. A good baseball book will draw me in and keep me there. And, as I started the story, I find Drew plays for the New York Empires … win, win … until I got into the baseball part of the story and then I had to crin
Inna
TereseDK
2.5-3 stars

I liked it. I didn't love it. To be honest, I didn't much care for the H half the time. The h acted like a babbling fool and there were definitely instances of doormat-behavior - not just with the H but also relating to the ex bf and bff. However, the nookie was hot and... I liked the storyline. Yeah.. that's it.

Bindi Boo
4.5 fake fiancee to lovers stars

Natalia
The story was nice... Like i already said i love fake relation books! Its my guilty pleasure!!

H was not a manwhore but he didn't do relations... After being use and lied for his money Drew is an suspicious guy! He has a harsh way of being that in the beginning makes him a bit of a a*hole but he ends up being nice and sweet!
(view spoiler)

h in the beginning was a mess, after break-up with h
Kat
Sep 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“...if anyone told me you would happen one day and asked if I wanted to avoid that, I’d say yes a thousand times over, because I have a job to do, a team to lead and a fucking ring to win. But now that you’re here, now that I’ve felt you and I know what it’s like not to have you, I can’t stand for that either because I fucking miss you, alright?” Drew demanded. “I want you to come back to me.”

I can't stop thinking about this book

PointedlyBlunt
Pitcher for MLB team the NY Empires, Drew is at risk of getting traded due to his temper and tendency to fight. Desperate to stay with the team in the city he loves, he agrees with his agent to have a fake relationship with a girl he was caught arguing with at a party.
Evie was just dumped by her boyfriend of nine years without warning, right before they were set to move into a new apartment closer to her work. Now, unable to afford anything in the city, she has to commute an average of 4 hours
Katharine ♥The Good, The Bad & The Smutty♥
♥♥♥♥ 4 Sexual Tension is Delightful Stars

A list of things I love:

Sarcastic, borderline asshole heroes.
Stories with emotional arc.
Heroines who have their shit together and can kick ass and take names.
Chemistry and tension that burns the pages.
Really hot sex scenes.
Sassy back and forth dialogue.
Stupid ex-boyfriends getting what they deserve.
Sports Romance.

All of this can also be summed up by saying a list of things I love:

Hothead by Stella Rhys.

The Good. (There’s so much good *sob hysterically and
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
I love Stella Rhys stories!

Evie is an awesome character. She is trying to get over her ex, when she is overheard by Drew., while she is on the phone drunk dialing him. Drew decides to stick his nose where it doesn't belong. And so begins a wonderful friend to lover story.

Drew is a classic athlete. He doesn't trust anyone, he thinks everyone should bow down to him, and he wants to stay with his team. But he will have to be a good boy for the next 3 months or he could be traded.

So he and Evie dec
Kelly
4.5

Really enjoyed this book - first time read from author Stella Rhys and certainly will not be the last. Loved the chemistry, the angst, it was unbelievably hot!
Rachel Lyons
Aug 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars!
Mercedes
Aug 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Drew and Evie!! This one was so cute, and exactly the trope I was looking for. Recommend if you're looking for a good fake boyfriend/girlfriend book!
Kylee
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book had me hooked and hot from the start. Drew is a Major League Baseball player who needs to show the team he isn’t the hotheaded player they think he is or they will trade him. Evie has recently had her heart broken and whilst at a party for her best friend stumbles across Drew Maddox. Sparks fly between these two both with chemistry and tempers. A chance photo in the media turns these two into a fake couple, one using it to get her ex to see what he lost and the other to improve his rep ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Not My Romeo (The Game Changers, #1)
  • The Rivals
  • Faked
  • Beautifully Cruel (Beautifully Cruel, #1)
  • Hard Fall (Trophy Boyfriends, #2)
  • Rules of Engagement
  • Playing with Fire
  • Cruel Paradise (Beautifully Cruel, #2)
  • The Hunter (Boston Belles, #1)
  • IOU
  • Drive Me Wild (Bellamy Creek #1)
  • Puck Me Secretly (Vancouver Wolves Hockey, #1)
  • The Hardest Fall
  • To Hate Adam Connor
  • Hard Pass (Trophy Boyfriends, #1)
  • A Favor for a Favor (All In, #2)
  • Filthy Fiance
  • You Can Have Manhattan
Stella Rhys is a romance author who lives for baseball season, Irish coffees and Love Island UK. She was born and raised in New York and when she isn't writing, you can find her with her family and friends, scouring the city in search of her next book-inspiring adventure.

Irresistible (5 books)
  • Sweet Spot (Irresistible, #1)
  • Bad Boss (Irresistible #2)
  • Dirty Deeds (Irresistible, #3)
  • Now Or Never (Irresistible, #5)

News & Interviews

“My world’s just better with you in it, and I don’t want to go back to how it was before you came, Evie. I love you. I love you too much to let you go.” 0 likes