Start by marking “The Pirate Queen (Dark Tides, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Pirate Queen (Dark Tides, #2)

The Pirate Queen

(Dark Tides #2)

Find the Key. Return to the Past. Save the Devil…

When Dianna Cobham accidentally breaks her only ticket back to the future, an enchanted snow globe, she finds herself stranded in her own time without Captain Devil Eyed Barrett, the love of her life. Dianna struggles with her emotions and readjusts to her old life, all the while forging a way back to 1707 to save the
Published April 23rd 2018 by Guardian Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Pirate Queen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pirate Queen

Start your review of The Pirate Queen (Dark Tides, #2)
Mandie
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 5-star
I am just in love with this series!! It’s amazing, and unique! The author does an excellent job of pulling the reader in. I couldn’t put it down!!
C.L. Cannon
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So, I devoured this in just a matter of hours because I had to know what was going to happen with my fav couple! The book did not disappoint! This story was even better than book one. More action, more adventure, more emotion, and more swoon-worthy moments between Henry and Dianna! Now I need book 3!
InD'tale Magazine
A time traveling romance that will give “Outlander” a run for its money, “The Pirate Queen” is the second book in the “Dark Tides” series and picks up the action and adventure right where the previous book left off and runs with it.

Read full review in the 2018 September issue of InD'tale Magazine.
J.J. King
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I got caught up in this story from the first page. Dianna and Henry are so perfect for one another. I love how strong a character Dianna is and Lottie, I adore her!
K.B.
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm in love! These short books can easily be read in a single night...which so far I have done for the first two books, The Devil's Heart and The Pirate Queen.

It's described as Outlander meets Pirates Of The Caribbean, and hooks you in nicely. The MC, Dianna, is a strong character who doesn't suffer from the same weak-at-the-knees affliction that affects most women in romance novels, and that is refreshing to say the least. The books are a lot of fun, visually appealing in both their covers and
Carole Burant
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This author has done it again, I was completely mesmerized by the continuing story of Dianna and Henry! Both characters, as well as the crew, have become so dear to my heart and you can't help but cheer them on. I find the story so well written, I can picture it all in my mind and whenever the author mentions certain places, I find myself going on Google Earth and searching those places so that I can see exactly where they are and it makes me feel like I'm right there with the characters:) This ...more
Lixa Santiago
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Omg! I never though i would like this books let alone fall in love with them. When i first got The Devils Heart (book one) I was very hesitant about it but i was glad i read it. It was an amazing book and the author Candace Osmond made me a fan so then i bugged her for the second book The Pirate Queen and OMG im in love. The story between Dianna and her amazing handsome and protective pirate Henrry is getting better and better. Their love is so beautiful. This second book has a lot of more ...more
Tonya Dzierzon
Apr 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Potential

Again, after having read the first book and now second..The author has the potential there. There are some witty and believable moments. Also, I enjoy the storyline and the genre is right up my alley. It just seems like the characters continue to lack depth and growth as the books go on and I find myself skimming pages out of boredom. Everything is moving too quickly and it seems like I don’t get enough time to submerge myself into a scene before it’s already over and onto the next.
Frederique Gervais
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This second book clearly as more action and our Pirate Queen clearly becomes more and more bad ass!
However, this book had so many potential and the story is so rushed! I feel like this book could’ve been so so much better if the characters wouldn’t have fell in love in got pregnant only in the course of 3 weeks... I mean it’s not really realistic to me... but still! This is fast-paced enjoyable book! Loved it!
Fleisha O'Keefe
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh where to begin?

I read this book without barely taking a break. Candace as such an ability to capture you from the first line to the last. I love how Diana's struggle is portrayed and how determined she was throughout the entire journey. The descriptiveness in which Candace describes the adventure of Henry and Diana is as if you were right there along side of them sailing the seas.

I can't wait for book 3!!
Arien/Sloan
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
How can this series get any better? I'm not sure but The Pirate Queen has you turning pages, holding your breath, completely compelled and intrigued to the very end. You won't want to put this book down! How can Dianna overcome and rebuild without the love of her life Henry? Or does she have to? Can love transcend all time? You'll have to read this book and find out.
Rose
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Today, being a gloomy, grey rainy day was a perfect day to read The Pirate Queen! Because when I started it, I knew I wouldn't be able to stop. I've been excited to read it since I finished the first in the series. Candace weaves the perfect story and leaves you wanting more! Pirates (ohhhh Henry), time travel, sirens and so much more! Looking forward to The Blackened Heart!
OKbook Hoarder
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a book!!

Arg!!! You must read Devil's Heart first. Find out what happens to Dianna, Henry and their crew in this amazing cliffhanger in the DarkTides trilogy. Can't wait for the conclusion in The Blackened Soul.
Ola Adamska
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-2018
Great story That will keep you intrigued from page 1 till The last one.
Dianna came back to Her Time and is trying desperetely to Travel back to Henry. Will she manage To?
Great story with vivid characters and plot That got unexpected twist!
Jenee Robinson
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG! This book was just as addicting as book one! I couldn't put it down once I'm started it! There are lots of surprising twists and turns in the book! So well written. I'm excited to see what happens in book three!
Laurie Dennison
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic story in this series

This book was just as gripping as the one before it and it made me not want to stop reading. The characters are well developed as is the story. I look forward to reading the next book in the series.
Emily
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Like a continuation of the first book!

The books meld together so nicely, picking up just where the last one left off. Normally I would hate this, and have to wait for the next one to come out, but since there are 4 already out, it makes for some great reading.
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another great read to help me escape the stress of the day. I am enjoying this series and look forward to the next leg of the adventure. This series has it all: action, wit, romance, sexiness, suspense, and lightheartedness.
Theresa Gordon
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous

Candace took me back to 1700's Newfoundland. With her telling in such wonderful detail my minds eye saw and felt it all. The pirate queen kept me on the edge of my seat with all the drama and challengers Dianna had to face and conquer..looking forward to book 3.
Ren
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Pirate Queen

The adventure continues and more to go yet. I am entranced by this world. A thrilling story all the way through. Thank you Candace Osmond for this wicked ride.
Shayla Southwick
Sep 19, 2019 rated it liked it
I liked this book as much as the first. There are a few things I wish would've been a little different but overall it is still the good book that is intriguing and simple enough to pull you in.
Melissa Stambersky
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy Pirate Queen!

What's not to love? Romance? Check! Adventures? Check! Mystery? Check! Fantasy? Check! Candace just keeps getting better and better! Leaves you hungry for more!
Susan Daniel
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Time travel

I love the adventure and I would recommend this series to fantasy lovers as the series wants you to find out what will happen next .
Kerry Campbell
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I loved this book as much as the first!! I wrote a review over on my blog: https://thegeekybooklady.wordpress.co...
Melanie Harrington
Jul 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Michelle
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in this series. Great writing. Adventurous from page one. Constant page turner. Totally believable paranormal parts. Can't wait to start part three!
Naomi Downing
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It felt like I had to wait forever for this book to come out. Another great book from Candace Osmond. I love this series and can't wait for the next one.
Melany Stone
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoying this gripping series and following the adventures of Dianna and Henry. Looking forward to reading book 3!
Natalie
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just as captivating as the first!

This book was as captivating as the first! It kept me intrigued from page one and had me wanting more at the end!

Dianna and Henry's love for each other is something to be envied. Full of passion and never-ending loyalty.

The fierceness and unrelenting need to get Henry back has Dianna taking charge of her own destiny. The development of her character throughout the series has evolved nicely.

In addition to our favorite (and not so favorite) characters from book
Kallie Bauck
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Dark Tides series returns with another fantastic book from Author Candace Osmond! In this second book, The Pirate Queen, the reader finds Dianna and Henry separated when Dianna is accidentally thrown back to her own time. She desperately tries to find a way back and when she does, with a secret to share with Henry, she finds that all might not be as she left it. I loved this book! Like the first one, it was full of adventure and romance that had me hooked until the very end. The romantic in ...more

• Protected by the vampires
  • Indebted to the Vampires
  • Zodiac Academy: The Awakening (Supernatural Bullies and Beasts, #1)
  • Auctioned To The Armitage Brothers
  • The Kiss of Death (Demons' Muse, #1)
  • Wanted by the Vampires
  • Final Hours (Love in Time, #1)
  • Eirik (Mists of Albion #1)
  • V Games (The Vampire Games Trilogy, #1)
  • Heir of the Fae (Dragon's Gift: The Dark Fae #2)
  • Dark King (Court of the Sea Fae, #1)
  • Bite Of Winter (Fae's Captive, #3)
  • Ivar: A Time Travel Romance (Mists of Albion Book 3)
  • Road To Winter (Fae's Captive, #2)
  • Blood of Eden (The Guardians #1)
  • Beyond The Mountain (Fae's Captive, #4)
  • Captured by Dragons (Brides of the Sinistral Realms, #2)
  • Christmas In The Highlands
Bestselling Author and freelance writer/editor, Candace Osmond was born in North York, ON.

She published her first book by the age of 25, the first installment in a Paranormal Romance trilogy to which two others were published with it; The Iron World Series.

Candace is also one of the creative and AVN Award nominated writers for www.sssh.com, an acclaimed Erotic Romance website for women which has

Dark Tides (5 books)
  • The Devil's Heart (Dark Tides, #1)
  • The Blackened Soul (Dark Tides, #3)
  • The Siren's Call (Dark Tides, #4)
  • The Gilded Stone: A Time Travel Fantasy Romance (Dark Tides Book 5)