Start by marking “Portraits in Flesh” as Want to Read:
Portraits in Flesh

Portraits in Flesh

Annabelle has discovered she can instantly transport herself to the destination on her satnav. Although ghost like when she travels, her remarkable ability takes her from England to France, Croatia and beyond.

As Annabelle explores her potential it puts her life and the lives of those she loves in danger and leads her into the path of an enigmatic and intelligent serial kil
Kindle Edition
Published March 4th 2018 by Zombie Cupcake Press

To ask other readers questions about Portraits in Flesh, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Portraits in Flesh

Terry  (TBC)
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book. Annabelle can travel from place to place by using her sat nav, in an instant not by directions! She decides & off she goes.
After her terrible accident and trying to drive again & take control of her life. As she gets her confidence she takes risks and then she is taken by force & the kidnapper wants her to be his.
This puts her friends and family in danger, never mind herself.
The story gets creepy and dark and No Spoiler, the ending is fab!
Lisa
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have to be honest here at first I was a tad confused by the jumping between scenes but I promise you if you keep reading it will make sense in the end. That being said, the book itself, the story is incredible. It is but isn't what I expected. I will definitely be reading more by this Author & I highly recommend this book.
Shelby
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The fear with writing this review is that the words used will not adequately describe how good this story really is and how much emotions it actually stirred up in this reader's body. Ohmygosh, the storyline is so descriptive, it actually created a lump in my throat, I was literally scared straight, heart pumping and everything. Portraits in Flesh is like the Twilight Zone meets Saw.
A totally detailed story, there were no questions unanswered, every piece fit perfectly. And that ending, jaw-dro
Karen Hartsfield-Voliva
MW Brown will give Steven King a run for his money. If you like horror books you will love Portraits in Flesh. There are so many twisted and turns you have a hard time keeping up. If you want a scare this is the book.
Seraphia
Annabelle is recovering from a terrible accident. She's ready to get behind the wheel again, but she knows that she has to take baby steps. Her daughter wants to go to the cinema, and who is she to say no to her little girl? Annabelle also wants to prove to her husband that she'll be okay driving again. She takes the satnav (satellite navigation) with her just in case. Her daughter has been playing with it and has input a place where her pen pal lives. While driving Annabelle is thinking of this ...more
Sam
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you're looking for something twisty, intensely creepy, and a touch dark I would suggest Mia Brown’s Portraits in Flesh. Brown hooked me in with the first sentence, “Annabelle opened her eyes just as the severed hand landed on her windscreen: a gold band around the ring finger, a cheap watch around the wrist, no arm.” Quite an opening. I enjoyed Brown’s writing style and found the story flowed easily off the page. The first few chapters alternate between two characters (view spoiler) ...more
Michelle
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
M.W. Brown hooked this reader from the get-go with the story of Annabelle! The epilogue definitely sets the genre stage as a thriller ~ severed hand anyone? Wonderful character and plot building into quite the suspenseful read. Excellent writing ~ sucked me right in and along with Annabelle as she transports herself around the world until she stumbled upon a serial killer. An emotional roller coaster with feelings of hatred towards Bardell and anguish, heartbreak, wonder to name a few others.

Hig
Susie
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own

Wow is the best word to describe this book has it all, out of body experiences, murder, kidnap and plenty of suspense.

The first few chapters are two stories from two different characters, this kept me intrigued and wanting to find out how their stories will become connected.

The action starts from the very first page and doesn't end it till last page. The story grabs your attention making you want to read just one more page because it's getting late and you need to be early but before you know it
Tabitha Hartman
Aug 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was my first read by this Author and I was pleasantly surprised. Her book was written so differently, it just made you hold on until the very end.
Samantha
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story started off in both an action-packed and horrific manner. It certainly had my complete attention from the beginning. Chapter 4 was incredibly exciting and yet a bit frightening in the strangeness of their experience. Things got even more intense shortly thereafter and I felt so helpless as I watched Annabelle struggle with what to do. Things continued to get deeper and deeper and even more frightening as the book went on. I was completely enthralled with this story. The ending was chi ...more
Jim Ody
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Pure and simply put, this is a fantastic debut novel. The strength is that it fits nicely into the popular psychological/thriller genre, but then successfully reaches out uniquely into other areas. The plot is absolute genius. I can tell you this because I wish I had thought of this before!

Mia has the ability to build up the tension and have you rooting for Annabelle throughout. The story lends itself to so much, and with this book you can tell that we are only at the tip of the iceberg. I read
Barb
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Elizabeth Rundle
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: currently-read
When I first started reading this Book, I wasn't so sure of it as it was a bit weird for me, but I kept reading and then became hooked and had trouble putting the book down to get other things done around my House.

This book is beautifully written, and will definitely be looking to read other books by this author!
Sarah Markbride
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely devoured this book in a day. all I can say is wow what a debut! I just couldn't put it down. I can't wait for the next book. anyone that reads this won't be disappointed and I can guarantee it will leave you wanting more. I'm looking forward to more to come
Kathy Pearson
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Portraits in Flesh is a dark and disturbing tale, that just sucks you in. I read it in 1 sitting because I could not stand to put it down. Very well written with personable characters and a twisted storyline.
Meleaha Howard
What an insanely creepy story! Annabelle is recovering from a terrible car accident when she figures out she can travel places, in her mind. What happens after that discovery is so creepy, so weird that you can't help but keep reading.
Jan McCulloch
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fascinating

A fascinating read! Compelling, gruesome and macabre, with strong characters and believably intense emotional scenes.
The author has one HELL of an imagination!
Pam
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was awesome! The author did an amazing job of twisting together paranormal with a sick dark soul. The ending had my mouth hanging wide open! It really had me thinking outside of the box!
John Watson
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Original and incredibly entertaining

A fabulously well written book that offers up a truly original tale. If you are looking to escape from the tired zombie genre in search of fresh horror, Portraits in Flesh should be your next destination.
Kerri
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Keeps you on the edge of your seat.

I was literally on the edge of my seat while reading this book. Initially confused by the switch from Lisa to Annabelle's stories, it became obvious why Lisa's story was necessary. In recommend this book to anyone who enjoys horror stories.
Emily
Tiago
Mar 11, 2018
Daniel Morrell
Mar 12, 2018
I like to sneak away and travel to planet Bowie to write horror, supernatural thrillers and anything dark that pops into the imagination en route. Ziggy, Aladdin and the Thin White Duke supply copious amounts of coffee while keeping the mood suitably twisted. While on planet earth, I wander around in the middle of the UK and, when not working, can be found people watching and searching for the elu ...more