Start by marking “Becoming Whole: A Healing Companion to Ease Emotional Pain and Find Self-Love” as Want to Read:
Becoming Whole: A Healing Companion to Ease Emotional Pain and Find Self-Love

Becoming Whole: A Healing Companion to Ease Emotional Pain and Find Self-Love

Ease Emotional Pain. Improve Love Relations. Help Children Manage Crises.

Filled with warmth, empathy, and hope, Becoming Whole systematically teaches you how to ease emotional pain in your life and in the lives of those you care about. Powerfully illustrated by "Sessions"--stories of patients in treatment--and for the first time unveiling what goes on inside the heart and
Published February 14th 2018 by Greenleaf Book Group Press

To ask other readers questions about Becoming Whole, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Becoming Whole

Start your review of Becoming Whole: A Healing Companion to Ease Emotional Pain and Find Self-Love
Brigitt
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Brigitt by: 89
The book Becoming Whole gives in 11 chapters, called'sessions’ clear step by step instructions on how to address and eventually overcome difficulties or issues people seem to encounter repeatedly in their lives.
The author begins with a set of questions on which you need to honestly reflect so that you gain a better understanding even insight into yourself. This alone makes the book a worthwhile read. The other chapters or lessons address a wide variety of issues ranging from teenage anxiety to
Shalyce
I have mixed feelings regarding this book. It does have valuable and beneficial information for pretty much anyone. Getting to the information that might be beneficial may be a little trickier and it’s likely that only a few specific parts are going to be applicable. It felt like it jumped around a lot and there was no clear subject for the book.

It was weird how the author “acted” like we were in therapy together. We aren’t in therapy, I’m reading a book and felt like it should have been framed
Marth
Jul 22, 2018 rated it liked it
The "go to therapy" book

I first got the book thinking it was a sort of self help book; the summaries made it seem like a way to look within and help yourself! However, it turned into more of a book about when to seek therapy and how to stick to it. A lot of it also seems to be focusing on if you're a parent hoping to try to help your child.
If you're thinking of going to therapy or may want to help your kid get into therapy, it may be a helpful book. But for what I was hoping and expecting to
Patricia Ann
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I gave this a five star rating because of it's completeness and thoroughness in addition to it's particular positive points. However, it's strength of completeness and thoroughness is both it's strength and it's weakness. Dr. Kehr attempts to be comprehensive in his approach, from start to end, and as such requires real 'sit down' time to process. The chapters on commitment contain insightful questioning. Wow! I wanted to send the chapters on parenting to so many.
In reading a book, I attempt
Janelle Alicia
Jan 12, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Yvette
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Therapy will never be the same! Dr. Bruce Kehr writes from a place of empathy and experience. He provides a variety of case histories, discusses the language of therapy, offers real help and hope, and encourages his readers to work the therapy. Additionally, he lists music soundtracks to accompany each theme. Becoming Whole is an excellent resource for anyone interested in improving their intimate relationships with others and themselves. A must-read for EVERYONE!

Bonus---proceeds from your
 Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews
I entered to won this book on Goodreads and was selected as a winner.

I'm a student of social work. My speciality is focused on PTSD and child sexual assult survivors.

Therefore, this is used as an educational aide for me. Even my instructor liked it and ordered her own copy!

I love it! Thank you for writing.
C
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this informative read as a Goodreads giveaway. The author provides personal stories to illustrate specific topics and step by step instructions for self-healing. Very effectively organized and told on simple terms for the reader to understand and follow.
Elaine
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am slowly working my way through this book. Reading it requires self introspection and analysis. I'm having a difficult time with this book, but only because I struggle with expressing my feelings and beliefs. However, I can already see this book may be life changing for me when I finally finish.
Tena
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2-goodread_wins
Like most self help books, I suggest you wait to read it until you need it... THEN READ!!! There's a lot packed into this book. *** I won this in a GOODREADS giveaway!
Mark
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very insightful and helpful. Well written.
Anna
Jun 05, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fascinating look at therapy and common topics discussed with one specific therapist.
Carol
Apr 12, 2018
Natalie
Apr 28, 2019
Alicia
This book is divided into twelve "sessions" about common emotional issues that start with opening up for therapy and facing your own demons. Following a somewhat chronological approach, the next sessions are about how to help your children deal with their own issues from young age to adulthood, keeping mature romantic relationships, how to deal with empty nest syndrome, healing from trauma and sexual abuse and lastly, a session about how to keep emotional health and self-love.

Becoming Whole is
Apr 11, 2018

• Self Matters: Creating Your Life from the Inside Out
  • Dr. Phil Getting Real
  • Life Strategies: Doing What Works, Doing What Matters
  • The Nice Girl Syndrome: Stop Being Manipulated and Abused -- And Start Standing Up for Yourself
  • Sparks in Love: A Survivor's Story
  • Carry On, Warrior: Thoughts on Life Unarmed
  • Life Code: The New Rules For Winning in the Real World
  • The Color Code: A New Way to See Yourself, Your Relationships, and Life
  • From the Earth to the Shadows (Valkyrie #2)
  • Sophia of Silicon Valley
  • Crash
  • Twelve Steps to Normal
  • The Glass Forest
  • An Engineered Injustice (Philadelphia Legal #2)
  • Infraction (Players Game, #2)
  • Heart of Eden (Colorado Hearts, #1)
  • Heaven's Demons
  • The Price of the Haircut
"Helping others brings me enormous joy. During my 40 years as a practicing psychiatrist it has been my honor to help thousands of patients ease emotional pain, end aloneness, and find self-love. I practice psychiatry and psychotherapy using ‘The Biopsychosocial Model’ to treat the ‘Whole Person,’ and will do ‘Whatever It Takes’ to understand each individual’s unique genetic, biological, ...more