Start by marking “Royal Match (Royal Scandal, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Royal Match (Royal Scandal, #3.5)

Royal Match

(Royal Scandal #3.5)

"Addictive, sexy and beautifully written." -Vi Keeland, #1 New York Times bestselling author on Royal Disaster

What to expect when you're royally expecting

In five years of marriage to Dylan Hale - the hottest (not to mention most deliciously insatiable) duke in England - I've learned one cardinal rule: Never say "no" to the Queen. Her orders? I'm to be the matron of
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 101 pages
Published May 8th 2018 by Forever Yours

To ask other readers questions about Royal Match, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Royal Match

Emma
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-wishlist
Royal Match is the perfect read to coincide with the Royal Wedding on May 19.

I have followed the relationship between Dylan and Lydia from the very beginning. Royal Match was a lovely way to catch up with the couple a few years after their wedding. Five years and 2.5 children have done little to dampen the passion between Dylan and Lydia *SWOON*

Lydia has navigated her way seamlessly into the role of Duchess; Dylan and Lydia have compromised with regards to their hectic careers and royal duties
Brandi
I'll admit that I haven't read the previous books, so that might be some of the issue. However, this novella can stand on its own.

If you're looking for a sweet, swoony story about a man who loves his pregnant wife and would do absolutely anything for her, then this is for you. There is just enough background info given to where you know what's going on, but it also leaves you (well, definitely me) wanting to go back to the beginning to see how their story unfolded.

Add if you like royalty books
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Like the trilogy before it, this story was adorable. It wasn’t truly its own book, but more of a glimpse into the world of Dylan and Lydia a few years down the road.

Five years of marriage and two children later, this couple was as sexy and sweet as ever. And as the craziness of being part of a royal wedding ensued while Lydia was about 80 months pregnant with their third child, it was as a pleasure to see these two and a host of other characters I have missed.

In this story, we have Pri
bookmarkbelles
Apr 13, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5/5

This was such a cute read! I had no idea this book was part of a series, so im a lil sad about that, but I added the other books to my tbr cause this author's writing is incredible! I found Dylan and Lydia endearing and loved everything about this story.
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Royal Match by Parker Swift is book 3.5 in the Royal Scandal series. This is the story of Dylan and Lydia. I haven't yet read the previous books, so for me I made it a standalone book. With that said I do wish I had read the previous books.
This book Dylan and Lydia were expecting another child along with going to a family wedding. I really enjoyed their interactions so I need to go find the book that started their story because it was that good.

Cocktails and Books
I loved catching up with one of my favorite couples. Dylan and Lydia don't disappoint in this novella as we catch up with them just as their about to welcome another addition to their family. If you enjoyed this series, Royal Match is a must read novella.
Elaine
Couldn’t resist reading this delightful novella, coinciding with the royal wedding weekend! It is a lighthearted, fun read involving a important royal wedding. Dylan is an English Duke and his wife is Lydia. When Lydia is requested to be the matron of honour at the Royal Wedding you’d expect them both to be suitably honoured - but there’s a serious bump in the way . . . Lydia is pregnant and her due date is the day of the wedding!

I haven’t read any of this series before but found this to be an
April Symes
Royal Match by Parker Swift is book 3.5 in the Royal Scandal series. This is the story of Dylan and Lydia. In this book, Princess Caroline, who is the heir to the throne of England, is marrying her commoner husband and at the behest of the Queen, Lydia becomes part of the royal wedding party. Lydia is pregnant with baby #3 and we get to see the madness that takes hold while preparing for a royal wedding plus catching up with favorite couple Lydia and Dylan. A sweet novella with heart and heat. I ...more
Becky
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, novella
Reviewed on my blog, Becky on Books, on 5/8/18.

Royal Match is a sweet novella in the Royal Scandal series. It gives yet another glimpse into the lives of the Duke and Duchess of Abingdon, aka Dylan Hale and his American wife Lydia. Married for five years now, they have two absolutely adorable children (of course!) and are expecting their third--on the same day that Dylan's ex-girlfriend and Lydia's current good friend, the princess of England, is getting married. Naturally, events conspire so th
books are love
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Received in exchange for an honest review.

Dylan is just as sexy and devilishly handsome as ever in this next book in the series. Here we see him dote over lydia and be a great dad to his children. They are married for five years when the book begins and expecting a third child.

Their lives are harried but you can see they are still as in love as before. Now they have a family life that they love and adore. I loved seeing Dylan dote on her and the children and when he does what he can for Lydia wh
Ruthie Taylor
May 08, 2018 rated it liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

Although I had not read the previous trilogy, the blurb just made me want to read it! I really enjoyed this snippet of family life, in a royal situation, but involving two people who are very grounded in their outlook on life. For a short story, I got a very big story and some delightful new friends. It pretty much guaranteed that I will be reading the original trilogy as soon as I find the time.

I love the relationship
Avid Reader
May 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Royal Match (Royal Scandal #3.5) by Parker Swift
3 stars
M/F Romance
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

This is a quick snippet look at the royal couple who are expecting their third kiddo.

While her husband is slowing going bald with trying to keep his full time working, active, pregnant wife from going in to labor, she then goes and accepts the queen's decree that she be the matron of honor in an upcoming wedding.

It's really just a snap shot in to their lives and how busy
Bette Hansen
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderfully fun, cute read. It's part of a series which I haven't read (YET) but I never felt lost or confused. It's the story of a royal couple married five years with two kids (soon to be three) trying to balance family, royal duties, and their own relationship. Dylan and Lydia are a great couple and the way they handle everything with patience, understanding, love, and a fair amount of humor was fun to read.

I will absolutely be going back and reading this series. I really enjoyed th
Cristina
This was a very quick, lovely read. I didn't realize that it was a series, but honestly you don’t need to read the previous books to understand this one.

This is the story of Lydia and Dylan, a happy married, working-full time couple, parents of two kids and waiting for a third. If this wasn’t enough, they are also loyal subjects that don’t know how to say NO to the Queen.
Thereby, if you would like to spend an afternoon dreaming about a perfect love, don't lose other time and read this book.

A sp
Carissa
2.5 stars. I find the story somewhat unbelievable. Lydia has to become the maid of honor when she is 9 months pregnant of another royal wedding and it happens to be on her DUE DATE! Can the royals be that selfish? And she couldn't say no.

I did read the original trilogy before this novella, but I don't think it needed this novella or with at least this type of storyline. I started to skim at the 66% mark. I just wasn't too impressed with it unfortunately.
Lisa
SO CUTE!

I've never read the previous books but this novella works as a standalone too, I feel. Dylan and Lydia are so cute together! I love married couple romance because of all the domesticity. Their children are cute too. I'm definitely gonna go back and check out their book now.

E-ARC is received thanks to the publisher via Netgalley.
Ilana
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
when i thought that we had resolution at the end of book 3, seeing that everyone was living happily ever after (even if we never learned who Lydia's mother was), we didn't know that there was a novella on the horizon.  a chance to see what life would become years down the line.  that's what we get in this sweet continuation of sorts.

2 children and 5 years shows us that the love that Dylan and Lydia have for one another hasn't dwindled at all.  Friendships blossomed even more, family grew closer
WycEd Reader
Check out our Royal Match post on Wicked Reads.

Reviews by the Wicked Reads Review Team

Avid Reader – ☆☆☆
M/F Romance

While her husband is slowly going bald with trying to keep his full-time working, active, pregnant wife from going into labor, she then goes and accepts the queen's decree that she be the matron of honor in an upcoming wedding.

It's really just a snapshot into their lives and how busy everything h
Christi Fowler
Jun 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Genre: Romance, Royalty
Standalone: Yes but better if you've read the rest of the Royal Scandal series
Part of a Series: Royal Match joins Lydia and Dylan five years and almost three kids after the end of Royal Treatment
POV: Lydia
Steam Level: Some sexy time
4/5

If you loved the Royal Scandal series like I did then you're in a treat with Royal Match. In it we join Dylan and Lydia and their growing family fives years after the end of Royal Treatment. Dylan is just as bossy and overprotective. Lydia i
Kelsey
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I got this book from Netgalley in return for my honest opinion.

I had no idea that this was a part of a series. I literally realized it when I was updating my GR and saw it.

But, it was also doable to read it as a stand-alone. There were a few things that would have been better if I'd read the entire series. But that is just my bad.

I enjoyed this book. I really did. I have a weak spot for royal romance books and this is even better. The main characters are both Royal, even though one of them was
Isha Coleman
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
The city girl who lost her heart to a royal. With royal wedding fever in full force all over the world, it's only fitting that Dylan and Lydia drop in on the fun. The Royal Scandal series has been an addiction for me from the beginning, so it's nice to catch up with old friends. This time around these sexy unconventional royals are about to become parents. Marriage hasn't dulled the spark or the chaos of this engagingly crazy couple. Just when they seem to have figured it all out, more drama ens ...more
Bookworm Between the Sheets
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Another FANTASTIC read by Parker Swift!

I thoroughly enjoyed this fourth addition to Dylan "Knighty" & Lydia's "Damsel" love story! I mean I could read EVEN MORE about this couple and their twists and turns in British Royalty. And I usually get tired of book couples, its just that there is something exciting about them!

If you haven't began The Royal Scandal series I HIGHLY SUGGEST going back to the beginning with Book 1, but if you need to see their Happily Ever After then you could begin wit
Connie Fischer
Apr 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Dylan and Lydia Hale, the Duke and Duchess of Abingdon, are the parents of Eleanor and Aiden and Lydia is due to give birth to their third child very soon now. The family, along with the Dowager Duchess of Abingdon have been vacationing in Canada for a few weeks and now they are headed back to London aboard their private plane.

The future Queen of England, Princess Caroline, is Dylan’s ex-fiancee and a close friend to Lydia. Caroline is soon to marry Zach Washington, an American photo journalist.
Kim
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Royal Match is the continuation of Lydia and Dylan’s story. They are happily married with two small children and one on the way. Royal Match is a cute and quick honest read about what life is like being parents with small children, while both of you still work and wait for a new baby to be brought into the mix. Add on the demands and commitments that can’t be denied...oh, did I mention they are royalty as well?!

This book is a cute afternoon read about the real life problems couples face...even
Heather andrews
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dylan often has to reassure his woman, “don’t worry, damsel,” Dylan whispered into my ear as he pulled me closer. “In six short hours we’ll be home, in our own house , without my mother .” I smiled, imagining the privacy that awaited us. “And I intend to take full advantage..." Dylan often times have to reprimand his woman at certain times, “Don’t tease me, baby.” He half fgrowled as he spoke, and he put his hand firmly on my ***. “You know I could take you right here if I wanted.” I liked this ...more
Jessica Zelkovich
May 03, 2018 rated it liked it
A light-hearted look at relationships in the royal bloodline. A bit to flat for me in character development and rising action was lackluster. Intrigued only because of all the fandom surrounding the royals in reality. Not my style of a good read but if you are looking for a super light read and love royal rules and expectations, this might be the book for you.
A copy was provided by Netgalley
Marlene Brown
May 07, 2018 rated it liked it
I had not read any of this authors books before and I had not realized that this was a continuation in the series. Even though I did not see read the previous books I was able to get up to speed pretty quickly and added the authors previous works to my wish list. Very cute couple, lots of laughter, love and hot times. Also liked the sneak peak in the world of the Royals.
Zetti
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is a part of a series which I have loved reading, you don’t have to have read the series in order to read this book though. This is a short story about Dylan and Lydia awaiting another addition to their family and a wedding on the same day that she is due to give birth.

Drama ensues, but this book is really a light and fun read because it shows their love and devotion to each other which I loved. I’m hoping that we do get a Daphne and Nick book too because that sounds like it would be s
Marsi Darcy
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing

This book was delightful! It's a very quick read. Even though the novella comes at the end of the series I didn't feel lost at all and quickly connected with the characters. I will definitely be reading the rest of the books.

As an FYI, the book has some very steamy moments.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for the copy.
Debra Oliva
May 07, 2018 rated it liked it
An enjoyable read about a happily married, hard-working pregnant couple who just happen to be nobility and who are chosen by the queen to be part of a royal wedding.

A delightful read for a quick romantic break.

Thanks to NetGalley and Grand Central Publishing for sending me an ARC.
Parker Swift grew up in Providence, Rhode Island and then grew up again in New York, London, and Minneapolis and currently lives in Connecticut. She has spent most of her adult life examining romantic relationships in an academic lab as a professor of social psychology. Now, she’s exploring the romantic lives of her fictional characters in the pages of her books. When she’s not writing, she spends ...more

Royal Scandal (3 books)
  • Royal Affair (Royal Scandal, #1)
  • Royal Disaster (Royal Scandal #2)
  • Royal Treatment (Royal Scandal #3)