Start by marking “Yapay Cehennemler - Katılımcı Sanat ve İzleyici Politikası” as Want to Read:
Yapay Cehennemler - Katılımcı Sanat ve İzleyici Politikası

Yapay Cehennemler - Katılımcı Sanat ve İzleyici Politikası

Claire Bishop, Yapay Cehennemler’de katılımcı sanatın soyağacını çıkarıyor. İtalyan Fütürizmi’nden Rus Konstrüktivizmi’ne, Dada’dan Sitüasyonizm’e uzanan bir tarihsel güzergâh boyunca çağdaş sanatta katılımcılığın izini süren ve eleştirisini sunan Bishop, estetiğin etikle yüzleşmesinde 1990’lı yılları “sosyal bir dönemeç” olarak tanımlıyor ve sanatçının özerkliğinin, işbir ...more
Published February 13th 2018 by Koç Üniversitesi Yayınları (first published January 1st 2012)

Be the first to ask a question about Yapay Cehennemler - Katılımcı Sanat ve İzleyici Politikası

Start your review of Yapay Cehennemler - Katılımcı Sanat ve İzleyici Politikası
Aaron Berger
So Claire Bishop is one of my favorite art critics right now. She won me over from almost the beginning. She's critical, and likes to rewrite history from different perspectives. There was her Installation book that i read and loved, and now she's moved onto participatory art. Here again she is looking for criteria to judge this work while also reconstructing art history from the perspective of this discipline.

There's a lot of leg work put into this book, since she started writing it
Amalie
very entertaining. it helped me, to figure out the wrong assumptions I had about peformance art in general, giving me a more detailed perspective on a field I only work with indirectly. Maybe I should read more from her.
Andrew Fairweather
I am not really up on participatory art and have always looked at these works with a weary eye—a lot of it just seems, well, “silly.” So, it was a challenge for me to pick up ‘Artificial Hell’s and stick with it, and I must admit that not all expositions of the book received my full attention. That said, the book was successful in that I feel now that I have a much better understanding of what participatory art seeks to accomplish and what makes a successful piece.

Particularly, I lik
B. Jean
When you don't understand something, or don't like something and you can't articulate why, it's good to read up on it to get a more informed opinion.

And after slogging through this jargon-heavy book, I can say that I'm still not entirely sure if I appreciate performance art, or understand it.

There were some chapters so dull I could barely get through them, and there were some that I moved through quickly. The Russian art chapter I thought was particularly good. Especially
Saelan
Mar 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
See my full review, forthcoming in the Winter issue of C magazine.
Riar
Mar 12, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
With the term 'community-based practice' roaming around the art world recently and the influx of residency program that focuses on the collectivity, Artificial Hells is a timely book for the current trend of global contemporary art. Some of the historical examples provided in this book by Bishop is fun to read, however, many of them are tedious and—in my opinion—insignificant. Nevertheless, the trajectory of the art movements critically discussed in this book shown that the evolution of direct p ...more
Ivan Labayne
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arte, experimento
daming bilin para sa mga babalaking pampublikong intervention for 2018:
Eline
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good examples to illustrate the argument!
Wanshu Lu
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
2017年讀畢已經有種long-overdue的感覺,當代藝術的變動--好快呀,但無差別的是俐落的文字描繪似乎是可以橫跨時間的;當代形式表現看似不同,其性質的變異卻走的緩慢。如果你常看展覽,想必能在章節中找到相似的歸納。作為1990年代以前的參考:也讓人多了個理由重讀關係美學、拉康、德勒茲!
Julio César
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An illuminating book about different forms of art that are currently redefining how to relate to the observer-spectator. The historical analysis is brilliant; Bishop relies more on the tradition of theatre and performance than the more established, visual-arts one. Part of this book was researched in Buenos Aires, while she was at the CIA.
Egor Sofronov
Feb 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
1) Brilliant, undoubtedly a best-seller book--standard reference from now on 2) Bishop is present-day's more acute critic 3) Bring back some Lacan, the forgotten guy!
Fransien Van Der Putt
May 09, 2019
Sobiasaman
Oct 13, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• The Mushroom at the End of the World: On the Possibility of Life in Capitalist Ruins
  • Relational Aesthetics