Start by marking “Past Imperfect (In the Present Tense #2)” as Want to Read:
Past Imperfect (In the Present Tense #2)

Past Imperfect

(In the Present Tense #2)

Now on the run from the corporation that turned him into a lab experiment, Miles finds himself in a fight for his life as he unravels the complicated relationships he shares with ex-boyfriend Adam, whom he still loves, and wife Ana, whose allegiance he cannot trust.

Meanwhile, nineteen-year-old Bethany Carter is on the run from her past and present. Having escaped the same
Published August 9th 2018 by Interlude Press

To ask other readers questions about Past Imperfect, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Past Imperfect

Ankita Singh
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, netgalley-books
*I'm the first one to review this book, squeeeeee!*

Adam and Miles continue to be an awesome pair of characters, but Bethany stole my heart once again. Her no bullshit attitude gets me every time!

I'd been so eager to read this one after I read it's prequel. The wait for NetGalley's approval had been a difficult one. I don't know what I'd have done if they had declined my request!

Past Imperfect had more adventure, more content and more everything! It swept me away right from the beginning and I di
Carrie Pack
Feb 15, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: biscifi
The much-anticipated sequel to In the Present Tense, recipient of the 2016 Foreword INDIES Book of the Year Bronze Award for Science Fiction and finalist for Book of the Year in the LGBT category.
Nicole Field
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley, f-f
Sitting down to write this review, I feel like I'm about to damn it with faint praise. There was nothing wrong with this book. It's characters were okay. The premise was mostly unpromlematic, and well content warned. The pacing was good enough.

The issue was, after In The Present Tense established the world and the kind of time travelling that happened with two of the main characters in this book, Past Imperfect kinda fell... flat.

I'm not saying that they didn't need to defeat the bad guy. But
Naomi Tajedler
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Past Imperfect is the frankly perfect follow-up to In The Present Tense, answering the questions I might have had and giving our heroes the ending they deserve.
Both books are a fantastic sci-fi diptych, described so beautifully and masterfully crafted!
Kathy
rated it it was ok
Aug 16, 2018
Annette Jordan
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
The second part of a LGBTQ+ duology , this book blends romance with science fiction and time travel to create a non stop thrill ride.
(A word of warning, it is necessary to read the first book of the duology " In the Present Tense" before jumping into this one, but don't let that hold you back, its a fun ride! )
Taking up right from where In The Present Tense left off, once again we join Miles and Bethany as they try to escape from the clutches of the evil doctor who is trying to use them as huma
Sadie
Shirley Ann
Aug 22, 2018
Allara
Sep 26, 2018
Carrie Pack is an author of books in multiple genres, including Designs on You (2014), In the Present Tense (2016), and Grrrls on the Side (2017). She is a recipient of two Foreword Reviews INDIES Book of the Year Bronze awards: in 2016 for In the Present Tense (science fiction) and in 2017 for Grrrls on the Side (young adult). Grrrls on the Side was also a finalist in the Bi Book Awards.

Her novel

In the Present Tense (2 books)
  • In the Present Tense