Start by marking “The Rules of Rebellion” as Want to Read:

The Rules of Rebellion

(The Rules of Persuasion #2)

1. Skinny dip (her idea)
2. Stargaze (his idea)
3. Prank someone (her idea)
4. Go on a date (his idea)

Leo Zimmerman has had a crush on his curvy friend Kylie Jenkins since forever, so when he discovers the girl with a flair for candy making has a newfound plan to rebel against her overbearing parents, he’s determined to be the one to help her carry it out. Who better than him
Published April 2nd 2018 by Entangled Crush

To ask other readers questions about The Rules of Rebellion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rules of Rebellion

Berit☀️✨
4 Fun Stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟

This was just a fun clean read.... kylie is every parents dream child and every younger sisters worst nightmare.... after continual badgering from Little Sister for being such a goody goody.... Kylie decides to come up with a list of rebellious acts she wants to commit during her senior year.... topping her list skinny-dipping, but not really....

Kylie was such a real and extremely likable character.... someone you would have loved to be friends with in high school, especially bec
D.M.
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I like Amity Hope's stories. I've read a few now. The rules of rebellion can definitely be read as a standalone. The rules of persuasion is about the main character's sister but it isn't necessary to read it to enjoy this story.

Kylie is feeling a bit left out. Her best friends all have boyfriends and Kylie wants a little more excitement in her life. She always follows the rules and lives on the safe side of the fence. She makes a list of rebellious acts she would like to try but before she can
Camila Roy ••RoyIsReading••
RATING: 3.7/5 (which rounds up to 4/5)

*I recieved an e-ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

Such a cute, fun read❤The writing is very solid and I liked the overall concept and plot. The characters are SO adorable. This is perfect for getting out a reading slump, honestly.

Will be checking out more books by Amity Hope in the future!
.Under the pages
Mar 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Review available at Under the Pages.

description
Morris
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-read
This is a cute little romance with a few deeper themes involving bullying and sexual harassment that gives it some teeth. I found it to be a quick read with likeable main characters. The important messages contained within were bonuses. Recommended for a beach or rainy day read.

This review is based upon a complimentary copy provided by the publisher.
Elaine
This is a high school romance, featuring the girl who is usually oh so good finally rebelling with the help of the boy who has secretly crushed on her for years! Of course, nothing is simple or straightforward for them! Candy maker extraordinaire, Kylie Jenkins is given a wake up call by her younger sister who informs her she is determined not to live a life as boring as Kylie’s. This gets Kylie starting a list of things she wants to do during her last year at High School….. When Leo Zimmerman f ...more
Thamy
Apr 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley2018
The perfect read to just sit and have fun with a romantic book.

Kylie's parents have been overprotective of her ever since her older sister was bullied thanks to a boy to embarrassed to be associated with her and his family who'd covered for him. But now she's bored while her friends go out with their boyfriends and she wants to challenge herself more. When her dare list ends up in the hands of Leo, who's been secretly crushing on her since forever, things finally start to happen. But they don't
Shirley Cuypers
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Original review

This book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Entangled Crush!

The Rules of Rebellion
tells the story of Kylie and Leo. Kylie’s been wanting to be more rebellious since her sister told her she was boring and had no life at all. Leo, on the other hand, is trying to find the courage to ask Kylie out on a date because he’s been crushing on her for a few years. Leo is determined to help Kylie with her rebellious plans and make her fall in love wit
Sophie
I received an Advance Reader Copy from the publisher via NetGalley. This in no way impacted on my view.

I've loved all the books I've read from Entangled before, and The Rules of Rebellion was no different. In this companion to Amity's previous book, The Rules of Persuasion, we encounter Kylie and Leo, who both need to rebel against their parents, and when Leo discovers Kylie's secret list of ideas of how to rebel, he thinks that by helping her, he could also finally tell her how he feels.

Because
Colleen's Conclusions
I received The Rules of Rebellion by Amity Hope from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. It does not impact my review.

I liked The Rules of Rebellion much better than the last Crush book I read and most people should know I do like these books. They are usually quick, easy reads for me.

The Rules of Rebellion met my expectations. You don't have to read the other books in this series to know what is going on, but Luke and Meg do appear in this book so if you read this book first you will w
Lauren
Shelves: 2018
Last summer Amity Hope's THE RULES OF PERSUASION wiggled its way into my heart. It still brings a smile to my face to think about Meg and Luke's romance- it's just that stinkin' cute. Therefore, when I heard that Amity Hope was releasing not only a new YA romance but a YA romance that was also a companion to THE RULES OF PERSUASION, I was jumping-up-and-down excited.

The result? While THE RULES OF PERSUASION remains my favorite, THE RULES OF REBELLION still is a fantastic follow-up. Heartwarming
Romancing the Book
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, romance, ya
Reviewed by JoAnne
Book provided by the publisher
Originally posted at Romancing the Book

Hope is a new to me author since I don’t usually read YA books, but I will be back for more. This was a sweet read with mainly hugs and kisses for the teens involved in the romances, which was nice to see. There was definitely teenage angst for the high school students that had a lot on their plate, wanted to do well in school and always have lasting and supportive friendships. There was typical friction with
Becky
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reviewed on my blog, Becky on Books, on 4/3/18.

Rules of Rebellion is a lighthearted and fun contemporary YA. Leo and Kylie are all kinds of adorable together, and the premise of a "list" to help Kylie break out of her "tediously boring" life (her little sister's words, not mine. I'm all in favor of sitting home nights reading fantasy novels) is a fun one.

Ms. Hope did a nice job of showing the fun and peril of dating among a group of friends without going over the top with angsty teenage drama.
Moa (The Reading Faery)
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. It was exactly what I expected it to be; sweet, romantic and light. I liked the characters, they were interesting to read about, and the romance was really sweet. And I loved the character development that happened through the book. But my favourite thing about it was that even though it was a light and fun read, it also dealt with more serious issues, which I think added depth to the plot and the story overall.

I really liked Kylie and Leo.

Kylie is the classic “good gir
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
I was pulled into this book from the moment I started it until the very end. It was such a great, quick read that had some pretty endearing characters. Even a couple from the last book made several appearances. But Leo and Kylie stole the show in their own story with their amusing and sweet spirits. I absolutely loved them and they were fun to get to know throughout the book.

If you have read any of Hope’s books you know that she is an amazing author with a heart for YA romance. With each and ev
Aurora - Whoo Gives A Hoot
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
16779996_424694524540054_281417525_n
The Rules of Rebellion was my first book by Amity Hope and I am pleased to say that I really enjoyed this fast-paced read. This is a sweet and lighthearted young adult contemporary romance that will find a special place in your heart. However, it also touches base on some important topics such as bullying, which is something that is unfortunately very prevalent in the schools.

Leo and Kylie were likable characters and helped set a nice pace for the
Liz
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
The author is an amazing author and I have seen better work than this ( Rules of Persuasion by same author).

I think maybe I expected too much from this book and should have just considered it a simple, YA read.

It started off great, the characters were well developed and their story line was different. However, the climax was more like an anti climax and it fell flat.

I could have finished this book in one day but it was prolonged to three days, because the story became cliche. Its everything y
EmmiK
Shelves: netgalley-reads, ya
This was a really short, fun read with a likable main character.
The rules of rebellion is one of those go-to, quick-read books to instantly put a smile on your face.

The writing style was clear which I loved about it!

Digital copy received from publisher via NetGalley in exchange for my honest and unbiased review.
Jamie (Books and Ladders)
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book and chose to review it. This in no way impacts my opinion.

See my full review on Friday April 13, 2018 as part of the blog tour on Books and Ladders!
Kenley Coles
This book is all sorts of squealy feel-goods. I love Leo and Kylie. Kylie reminds me a lot of me in high school so I can relate to the "we don't tell you things" part. When she writes her list and Leo finds it, I knew I'd love the book. If you're looking for a high school romance with a little bit of rebellion, check this book out!
Kayla (booksandbloomies)
Apr 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Thank you entangled crush for providing me with an E-ARC. I love this story. The characters are fun and cute, Leo is sweet and caring and Kylie is passionate and energetic. The two of them really balance each other out.
Darleen
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-english
Title: The Rules of Rebellion
Author: Amity Hope
Rating: 3.5 - 4 / 5

Thanks to NetGalley and Entangled Publishing, LLC for letting me receive a digital copy of this book before its official release date.
1. Skinny dip (her idea)
2. Stargaze (his idea)
3. Prank someone (her idea)
4. Go on a date (his idea)

Sammy
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received an e-copy of The Rules of Rebellion from Entangled Teen in exchange for an honest review. My thoughts and opinions on this book are entirely my own.
More recently I’ve been reading romance books, I don’t know why but sometimes when I want a light and easy read I turn to these. This is a YA romance book which is told from two POVs; there’s Kylie who lives with her very strict parents, and younger sister; and there’s Leo, part of Kylie’s friendship group (you see where this is going…?)
An
books are love
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Received in exchange for a honest review.

what happens when you take the straightlaced girl who gets egged on by her sister and the sweet boy who is overlooked and treated like a disappointment at home and give them a to do list? You get this highly entertaining book by Amity HOpe.

Leo is the sweetest guy. He is kind of stuck thought. His parents have raised 3 before him and are ready to see him off to college. They also find him to be a disappointment and want him more like his jerk of an older b
Read It & Weep Girls
Apr 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: amanda-review
When it comes to books lately, it’s no secret that fantasy is my go-to pick. The magic, the high life-or-death stakes, rebellions and uprisings—it’s the recipe for perfection. That being said, I also enjoy an occasional contemporary young adult romance, because I love reading about love in an everyday situation, complete with the everyday problems. I call it a “candy break,” because sometimes you just need something that is so sweet it hurts.

Contemporary romance opens up a whole new set of trope
Angela ReadingCave
Jun 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kylie makes a high school bucket list after her baby sister tells her she needs a life. Only she loses the list. Leo finds a list written by Kylie, who he has liked forever. This list gives him enough courage to ask her out, kinda. By making her list a reality.

Kylie is the middle child, and her parents are a little on the strict side. Which is why she has never pushed the limits. She loves to bake and makes lots of treats for her friends to try out. She is also feeling a little lonely since her
Natalie
4.5 Stars

It is Kylie's senior year and she hasnt exactly done anything exciting thought out high school. When her sister Allie challenges her to become more daring and rebellious, Kylie has no choice but to prove Allie wrong. So she created a list, whether she actually intended to do it or not. But by some fate, her list finds itself in the hands of Leo Zimmerman. Leo has had the biggest crush on Kylie for years. Never finding the guts to tell her, he becomes her friend. But he wants more. And
Katie
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
What I Liked: It was short? Is that a likeable quality? To be fair, I didn’t necessarily dislike this book, but I definitely didn’t love it. If I hadn’t already committed to taking part in the blog tour, it probably would have ended up a DNF for me.

♥ Leo and Kylie. They were predictable, but a cute couple anyway.

♥ Oh, the candy making! I liked that! Kylie strives to be a confectioner, and she spends a lot of time in the kitchen coming up with her own creations and testing them out on her friends
BookLionQueen
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, net-galley
I received this book from Netgalley and Entangled Teen in exchange for an honest review.

3.75 out of 5 stars

This is about senior in high school Kylie who is bookish, loves to bake and is not very adventurous. Her sister tells her she’s boring so Kylie takes it upon herself to create a list of rebellious things to do to make her life more interesting. She never actually meant to do any of the things on the list until the list fell out of her notebook and into the hands of a guy that has a secret
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

The Rules of Persuasion (2 books)
  • The Rules of Persuasion