Start by marking “Rogue Princess” as Want to Read:
Rogue Princess

Rogue Princess

A princess fleeing an arranged marriage teams up with a snarky commoner to foil a rebel plot in B. R. Myers' Rogue Princess, a gender-swapped sci-fi YA retelling of Cinderella.

Published January 21st 2020 by Swoon Reads

To ask other readers questions about Rogue Princess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rogue Princess

Start your review of Rogue Princess
Candace Robinson
Sci-fi is a tough area for me because I’ve maybe loved only two of them. Cinder and Heart of Iron. This book had a bit of a Cinder vibe to it, but I didn’t fall in love with the characters like I did with The Lunar Chronicles.

There was some witty dialogue and cool world building with a fun spin to it. I just wish I’d connected with it more.
Toni
Jan 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, ya
A fabulous combination of science-fiction and a gender-swapped fairy tale retelling, Rogue Princess is so much fun. If you loved Marissa Meyer's Cinder, you must read Rogue Princess.
Princess Delia is strong, smart and independent, yet, for political reasons, she has to choose and marry a prince and thus secure a safer future for her people. But what if your head and your logic is telling you one thing, while your heart is convinced there must be a way to negotiate a deal that would give an
Holly (Holly Hearts Books)
Dnf: page 52
There is absolutely nothing wrong with this book but it just isn’t for me. It isn’t capturing my attention and when I’d put it down, I had no motivation to pick it back up. I don’t think I was reading anything special so to speak.
The Nerd Daily
Jan 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Originally published on The Nerd Daily | Review by Nathalie DeFelice

I’m always a sucker for fairytale retellings, and this next one is a delightful and gender swapped retelling of Cinderella. Not only is it set in space, but it has a twist that I don’t think most readers will see coming because I certainly didn’t. The author takes a beloved fairytale and turns it into a unique and fun retelling that I won’t forget. Add this to your TBR, especially if you love sci-fi retellings of fairy tales, or
Samantha Hastings
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fabulous gender-swap retelling of the Cinderella fairytale set in space!

1. If you think Princess Leia is feisty, you haven’t met Princess Delia. She flies ships, fights pirates, and is fearless. She doesn’t want to marry one of the many princes who have come to her planet to vie for her hand.
2. Her little sister Shania is hilarious! One word: Equipment (this scene had me rolling).
3. The pirates are violently charming.
4. Aiden is a wise-cracking hero whose wit keeps you smiling while Delia
Amber (The Book Bratz)
The full review + more can be found at The Book Bratz

***Thank you so much to Swoon Reads for the review copy of ROGUE PRINCESS in exchange for an honest review!***

From the moment I laid eyes on Rogue Princess and read the summary I was sold. A gender bent, sci-fi, Cinderella retelling? Umm, YES PLEASE! I am really in love with the character art on this cover, I think it captures the vibes of this book perfectly and is so eye catching. Rogue Princess was such a fun read that was full of twists
Madison
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love fairytale retelling and Rogue Princess was such a wonderful surprise. It’s fresh, clever, unique, romantic and has such a fantastic cast of strong, diverse characters.

Princess Delia knows her duty. Choose a husband that will benefit the kingdom. That doesn’t mean her heart doesn’t long for a love match. Determined to find another way to secure the energy source her planet needs, she attempts to steal a space ship and broker a deal. Aiden wants to find a better life away from the control
Yna the Mood Reader
Dec 12, 2019 is currently reading it

Excited to share to everyone that I am a part of the blog tour for The Rogue Princess, hosted by Xpresso Book Tours! See you on January 22nd for my stop at my blog.
Kat
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
* Thank you FierceReads for an advanced copy in exchange for an honest review *

ACTUAL: 4.25 stars

As an overview, this novel is a sci-fi, gender-swapped, Cinderella retelling - and I was really excited for it. Delia feels trapped in an arranged marriage to save her failing planet. Aidan is more interested in a few palace trinkets that can provide him money and a bargaining chip off the planet. When their paths cross in a royal spaceship, their lives become intertwined. As the danger of a rebel
Fanna
Aug 16, 2019 marked it as to-read
A gender-swapped YA retelling of Cinderella set in space? YAH, I want to be BLESSED BY THIS.
Bee ☆
Jan 16, 2020 added it
Shelves: 2020-reads

・ 。゚: *. .* :゚.
Synopsis:

Delia is the rightful heir to Astor, a planet that is rapidly consuming their resources and have been neglecting parts of their planet for decades. Delia knows her upcoming decision to choose a Prince to marry will decide the fate of her world and she knows that unfortunately her feelings aren’t included in the mix. Duty before love.

Aidan has been stealing here and there to gain enough money to fund an escape to The Desert Planet of Delta Kur. Ever since his mother and
Darla
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tasya Dita
I received an e-ARC from Edelweiss Plus in exchange for an honest review

- Sci-fi isn't really my best genre, it's really rare for them to capture my attention and this one is no exception. I can't bring myself to be interested with the setting and geography, as well as the mythology of Astor.
- It's more like a retelling of Cinder rather than Cinderella? It got the elements of both mixed and improved
- And that's why the plot is a bit predictable
- And while I understand the scary prospect of
Jen
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
**I received this as an egalley from the publisher through Edelweiss in return for an honest review.**

A genderbent Cinderella sci-fi retelling? This book instantly grabbed my attention when I read the synopsis on Edelweiss and I couldn’t stop thinking about it until I picked it up. So I did. The beginning was a little messy and confusing at first, and I think the world-building could have used some work, but once things started rolling I couldn’t put it down. There were some really interesting
Amanda Danii Reads
Jun 22, 2019 marked it as to-read
I AM HERE FOR THIS.
Aless {the introvert reads}
Please, oh please do not be a disappointing love story. I'm not a fan of space and sci fi elements but I am hyped about this. Also, the cover is gorgeous and I am here for a black/POC princess.
Rebecca
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
First of all let me say that I adore this cover art and knew I wanted to read the book without even reading the summary. Then knowing it was a gender-bent Cinderella story - sold, I am in! And I can say that overall it was a fun ride and I definitely recommend it to people who like similar type of stories. I also really personally appreciated that this is a standalone book because I don't know if I could handle a cliff-hanger.
_

After diving in, I was hooked from the first dramatic scenes. This
Paige Green
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Disclaimer: I received this book from the publisher on Netgalley. Thanks! All opinions are my own.

Book: Rogue Princess

Author: B.R. Myers

Book Series: Standalone

Rating: 4/5

Publication Date: January 21, 2020

Genre: YA Sci-Fi

Recommended Age: 15+ (kidnappings, princesses, and arranged marriages. Also slight violence and some romantic bits)

Publisher: Swoon Reads

Pages: 304

Amazon Link

Synopsis: A princess fleeing an arranged marriage teams up with a snarky commoner to foil a rebel plot in B. R. Myers'
Aoife
Dec 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: usa, a3e, swoon-reads, 2019, a2, january
This is billed as a sci fi gender bent Cinderella. That's a lot for a novel to live up to, and sadly this doesn't. It feels like it's trying to be too many things at once, and instead of any of them working properly they just form a big mess. I couldn't follow what was happening well enough and I wasn't drawn back to find out what happened next. I hope some readers do enjoy this, but it's not for me.
Sophia
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sophia-s-shelf
This book started up convincing me that it was just a regular Cinderella story with a few twists, but what I got instead was an epic story with plot twists I definitely didn't see coming and I totally loved. I enjoyed the world building thoroughly, I definitely recommend this book.
Jessica Smith
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
You can find this review and all of my others over at www.readbookrepeat.wordpress.com

This review is part of a blog tour for Rogue Princess' release - My stop is on the 23rd of January. Please head on over to my blog - Read book. Repeat. to join in on the tour and visit all the other stops.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher, Swoon Reads, through netgalley and Xpresso tours in exchange for an honest review as part of a blog tour.

I was pretty excited when I saw this up for
Kacey
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
Thank you to NetGalley and the publishers for a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. My opinion was not affected by the free copy.

This is going to be a really hard one to talk about without going into spoilers. When I saw this was a gender reverse of Cinderella, I was intrigued. You don't get to see many takes on it where the guy is in the role of Cinderella. This is more like taking some familiar elements about the story-- the stepfamily, the ball, the shoe that fits just
Monica (books_over_everything)
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, retellings
**Disclaimer: I was given a free e-book in exchange for an honest review for a tour.**

Title Rogue Princess

Author B.R. Myers

Description from Amazon

Princess Delia knows her duty: She must choose a prince to marry in order to secure an alliance and save her failing planet. Yet she secretly dreams of true love, and feels there must be a better way. Determined to chart her own course, she steals a spaceship to avoid the marriage, only to discover a handsome stowaway.

All Aidan wanted was to “borrow” a
Alicia
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
I'm a sucker for a fairy tale retelling. I've said it before, I'll likely say it again. When I saw the description for Rogue Princess, I knew I needed to read it.
Aiden (our Cinderella) and Princess Delia tell their stories in alternating chapters. Aiden wants to get away from the menial life he lives with his stepfather and two stepbrothers, all who would likely be happy to see him leave. Delia is looking to avoid choosing one of the seven visiting princes as her future consort and finagles her
Victoria
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley-books
Kristin Crouch
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to the author for sharing a copy of Rogue Princess with Collabookation.
While I'm predominantly a middle grade reader, I do love me an occasional YA. But it better be good! Rogue Princess did not disappoint. I'm learning that I do, in fact, love science fiction, and that's new to me. Rogue Princess was the perfect combination of world building, character development, and exciting plot. Princess Delia must choose her husband based on the best interest of her planet. Her soul and desires
turningpageswithmorgan
Mrs.
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy of Rogue Princess from NetGalley. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.

This novel surprised me. I went into it on a cold read since I had requested it earlier and forgotten the synopsis.

It was wonderful! A blend of genres, science fiction (space travel, robots, and sky gliders), romance (self explanatory), traditional literature (Cinderella foundation), this novel exceeded my expectations. I loved the gender-bending theme and the brashness of
Monet
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
"'Pirates were outlawed ten years ago,' she answered smartly.
'Yes, but nobody told them.'"

A fantastical fusion of the future and the past. Sci-fi melds together with historical royal themes in this story. I can't believe how perfect the world building is. Everything is precisely plotted and choreographed into a dance across the pages. I couldn't get enough of Delia's world! Speaking of Delia, she's AMAZING! She's a spunky heroine with good old-fashioned gumption. Despite being a princess of a
« previous 1 3 next »
Always in the mood for a good scare, B.R. Myers spent most of her teen years behind the covers of Lois Duncan, Ray Bradbury, and Stephen King. Her YA contemporary coming of age novel, GIRL ON THE RUN, was chosen by the Canadian Children's Book Centre as a BEST BOOK for TEENS for 2016.

When she's not putting her characters in awkward situations, she works as a registered nurse. A member of the

• Tweet Cute
  • Woven in Moonlight
  • Finding Mr. Better-Than-You
  • Scavenge the Stars (Scavenge the Stars, #1)
  • Lifestyles of Gods and Monsters
  • Reverie
  • Beyond the Shadowed Earth
  • A Beginning at the End
  • Lucky Caller
  • All the Stars and Teeth (All the Stars and Teeth, #1)
  • Oasis
  • The Good Luck Girls (The Good Luck Girls, #1)
  • The Guinevere Deception (Camelot Rising, #1)
  • Day Zero (Day Zero Duology, #1)
  • Throw Like a Girl
  • Nameless Queen
  • Of Beast and Beauty (Daughters of Eville #1)