Start by marking “In The Shadow of Light” as Want to Read:
In The Shadow of Light

In The Shadow of Light

A pestilence of diabolical origin ravages Tuscany. The bustling city of Florence is crippled and Vittoria Giordano—a wool merchant’s daughter—is forced to flee, seeking safety in the countryside. What she discovers instead is a world teeming with danger, deception, and witches.

Devastating heartbreak leads Vittoria to accept sanctuary amongst a clan of Benedanti Strega. Th
Published February 13th 2018 by Amethyst Press LLC, The

To ask other readers questions about In The Shadow of Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In The Shadow of Light

Start your review of In The Shadow of Light
Patience
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In The Shadow of Light is a tale of mystery, magic, love, and betrayal all wrapped up in the beautiful city of Florence, Italy. I’ll keep this review spoiler free, but it’s a unique take on history with a magical twist. The magic is a soft undercurrent with an important role that grows and grows, and with it so does Vittoria, the main character. So much revolves around her decisions and you go on the journey with her to see how it all turns out.

The characters are fun and fascinating, and you wa
Sean
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved the pace and characters! I usually don't gravitate towards the historical fiction genre, but once I began it pulled me right in. There was a nice whimsical element to it—that I honestly wasn't expecting—yet it felt very natural, and not over-the-top. Can't wait to read the next one.
Rose Buono
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lovable characters keep this novel moving forward at an exciting pace. It's a great twist on the classic good vs evil magic and well worth the read!
Booklove247
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I picked this up by chance at a local bookstore. The author was there promoting her book. The cover caught my eye and after talking with her about the book I thought I’d give it a try. I’m so glad I did!

From the get go there was a lot of drama and action. I was swept up in the romance and the magic. She really made history come alive and I could totally picture Florence in my mind as if I were there.

This was a nice escape - a quick, easy read. I’m looking forward the next book.
Richard Rogers
May 29, 2018 rated it liked it
There are a few well done things in this novel that some readers will enjoy. I liked parts of it--moments of good action, some interesting characters, a setting I'm intrigued by. Overall, though, it's uneven, with long stretches of unconvincing, exposition-laden dialogue, and main characters who have almost nothing to do--a bit of travel, from Florence to the countryside and back, about covers it. The antagonists, who bring about a plague and have plans to destroy their enemies, have much more c ...more
Jodi
susanna e stumpe
Jul 01, 2019
Jul 11, 2018
Phylesha
rated it did not like it
Mar 19, 2018
May 20, 2019
Gillian
Feb 18, 2018
Tracy Causley
Feb 18, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Jina Gibbs
Mar 18, 2019
Caitlin
Mar 18, 2019

• The Resurrectionist of Caligo
  • A Dangerous Collaboration (Veronica Speedwell, #4)
  • The Unwinding of the Miracle: A Memoir of Life, Death, and Everything That Comes After
  • The Widows of Malabar Hill (Perveen Mistry, #1)
  • Before the Broken Star (The Evermore Chronicles #1)
  • Jesus and the Essenes
  • The Glass Ocean
  • A Beautiful Blue Death (Charles Lenox Mysteries, #1)
  • Where the Desert Meets the Sea
  • The Town with No Roads
  • Trophy Life
  • The Loch Ness Papers (Scottish Bookshop Mystery #4)
  • Resistance Women
Tracy Causley was born into a military family and grew up zig-zagging the country before landing in Germany for seven years. Inspired by her early foreign travel adventures she writes historically inspired fiction seasoned with magical and supernatural themes.

Tracy holds a Master of Fine Arts degree in art history from Savannah College of Art and Design. She is also Reiki master, holistic arts te