Start by marking “The Wedding Date” as Want to Read:

The Wedding Date

One ex.
One wedding.
One little white lie.

When Samantha Jenkins is asked to be the maid of honour at her best friend’s wedding, she couldn’t be happier. There are just three problems…

1) Sam’s ex-boyfriend, Liam, will be the best man.
2) His new girlfriend is pregnant.
3) Sam might have told people she has a new man when she doesn’t (see points 1 and 2 above)

So, Sam does the
Published April 20th 2018 by HarperImpulse

To ask other readers questions about The Wedding Date, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wedding Date

Start your review of The Wedding Date
Berit☀️✨
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Delightful Stars

This book was an absolute pleasure to read, filled with fabulous characters and lots of laughs.... The plot was pretty straightforward and has been done before, but the characters really brought this book to life...

Sam is not showing up to her BFF’s wedding alone, especially because her ex is the best man.... after telling a tiny lie to both her parents and BFF that she is dating somebody, Sam decides she needs to hire somebody to play the part... Jake is an actor needing a
Dash fan
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 A Fun and Engaging Rom Com I couldn't put down!!

The wedding date is a fun Rom Com that had me laughing out loud i couldn't wait to find out what would happen next..

Picture this.... your bestest friend is getting married. Your Ex boyfriend who your hopelessly in love is going to be there and the best man.
Oh and did I mention his new girlfriend who he cheated with on you will also be there.... she's very much pregnant!!
Oh and its not just a one day thing it's a week long event!
What would you
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

The drinks are green. I’m never quite sure that anything I eat or drink should be green. Apart from M&Ms.

She giggles in what I can only describe as a flirtatious manner and I could swear she’s got a bum wiggle going on as she heads back towards the front door. Bum wiggles should be banned for all mothers, at least when their daughters are there. Particularly if the wiggle is for the benefit of their daughters’ boyfriends. Honestly, it’s indecent, even if he isn’t a proper
.Under the pages
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review available at Under the Pages.

description
Rachel Gilbey
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a lovely and enjoyable story, that I think would make a great film. However that may be because I years ago watched a film with the same basic premise and in fact same title, ao although I enjoyed the journey and writing, I wasn't overly surprised about the overall story arc.

Ok there are differences between the film and the book as you would hope being completely different but there was that sense of familiarity with the thoughts that Sam was having throughout.

Putting all that to one
Joanne Robertson
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As a big Zara Stoneley fan I was looking forward to The Wedding Date even though there was also a slight apprehension as the description seemed very different from her other books-even that scrumptious cover was a bit of a departure for her! And I had also seen a similar plot played out in a film a few years ago. But I have to say that I really disliked that film and think that the storyline used here by Zara Stoneley would have made a far funnier and more endearing film. I could just imagine ...more
Stephanie
Sep 17, 2019 rated it liked it
This was cute, had some sweet and funny moments, and quirky characters. The main character wasn't always likable, though, and there were lots of communication issues that drove me a little crazy.
Gina
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was ok
So, after reading the blurb, I was a little wary about reading this book. On paper, it sounds exactly the kind of book I would love, however, it’s a plot line that I’ve probably read before and definitely seen played out on the big screen. So what was Zara Stoneley going to do differently to make this book stand out from the rest?

The story follows Samantha (or Sam, but definitely not Sammy!) who has been asked to be the made of honour at her best friends wedding. The only problem is, the best
Kaisha (The Writing Garnet)
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
All reviews can be found on my blog at https://thewritinggarnet.wordpress.com

I have to admit that at first, I was a little bit wary about the concept of this book. I mean, we have all seen the film ‘The Wedding Date’ with Debra Messing and Dermot Mulroney, right? Plus, having read multiple books with a wedding date at the forefront of its storyline, I couldn’t help but wonder what was going to be different about Zara Stoneley’s interpretation of the theme seeing as it has been done multiple
Lisa Mandina
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
This romance is as sweet as the piece of cake on the cover suggests. But it's not just a sweet story, it is also very real, and very funny. It was hard to put down. I was a little disappointed that there weren't actually any steamy scenes because it pretty much faded out as they began. It was just a little disappointing as there was a lot of really good sexual tension and build-up throughout, so I'd have loved to get the relief our characters did by at least reading about it. Other than that, I ...more
Jordan
Apr 14, 2018 rated it did not like it
I tried so hard, and I almost just wanted to finish because I made it this far, but I couldn't take it anymore. This is really not the book for me.

Updated:

Well, it was a valiant effort, and I made it to 62% before I threw my Kindle across the room and finally accepted defeat.

Samantha Jenkins is asked to be the maid of honor for her best friend's wedding. Only problem is, her best friend is getting married to her ex-boyfriend's brother. Which means, of course, that he will also be there. With
Zoé-lee O'farrell
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It is really easy to see why everyone is gushing over this book. It is such a lovely read, very fitting for weddingseason (I am in factbridesmaid to my best friend this weekend!). When I saw the book title my first thought did go to the film with the same said title and wonder if it would be the same. It has the same premise as the film but so much more. There is love, lust, heartbreak, twists and misdirections, and two people learning to trust and love again.

Sam is heartbroken, her ex-boyfriend
Inn Auni
May 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
[READ AT YOUR OWN PERIL. IT MAY OR MAY NOT CONTAIN SPOILER.]

The writing is more like a journal entry than an actual point of view. There's not much to describe the characters, the views or what they were wearing. I only remember kilt. Sam, the MC kept on and on about knees. And there I was thinking, was the kilt short? I mean, the guy can get a kilt that cover his knees right? And they do wear long socks right?

The premise was interesting. Sam got dumped. She had to attend a wedding as the best
Nessa
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm a huge fan of Zara's books, love all of her stories and this one certainly didn't disappoint.

I absolutely loved the story from start to finish, thoroughly enjoyed getting to know all of the characters and I completely fell in love with Jake and the adorable cute Harry.

Given the concept of the story, I was worried that it would be predictable and I was intrigued to see how it would all play out. However I need not have been worried as the story was in no way predictable at all. The author
Tiffany
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awww, this was such a fun rom-com! I felt like Sam was such a relatable character because NO ONE wants to show up single at a wedding their ex is attending too. Not sure most people would go to the lengths of hiring a fake boyfriend but Jake was such a delight as a character. Even though the story line sounds familiar, I thought the author added humor and warmth to it without the book being overly cheesy. It put me in a good mood, so there's no higher praise than that!
Erin
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Can I PLEASE be best friends with Samantha? She - and this book - were refreshingly delightful and good for the soul. Of course, the hired boyfriend is an old trope, but you don't care when you love the characters so much you just want them to be happy. I zoomed through the pages, literally LOL-ing - a perfect holiday read. As sweet and moreish as the cake on the cover.
Sarah Ramsden
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book, couldn’t put it down. Will be looking for more books by Zara.
Mandy Baggot
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The PERFECT super-funny read of the summer!

This was a laugh a minute read and kept me turning the pages! I love Zara Stoneley books but this was by far her best yet. I totally related to main character Sam and all her dilemmas and confidence issues... and what can I say about the stunning hero? It really was full of fun, softer romantic moments, a few sizzling hot ones and a gorgeous pooch called Harry! Highly recommended!
Noemi Proietti
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Although they are often predictable, I love romantic comedies. Even if I know how they are going to end, I enjoy reading them, especially if they are well-written and have engaging characters like THE WEDDING DATE by Zara Stoneley.

I adored this novel. I laughed from the first to the last page (there is a scene with horses that is particularly hilarious) and I loved all the characters, or at least the good ones. I really liked the character of Sam. She is loyal, funny, a good friend, and
Laura Bambrey
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’ve had a massive hankering for an old-school romantic comedy for a while now. You know, one where the heroine is funny, down-to-earth, relatable, incredibly cheeky and definitely not a shrinking violet. She is strong and flawed and a bit of a handful in her own way. Oh, and there should be a really fancyable hero- but he’s not expected to swoop in and make everything better– or to be perfect- but he definitely brightens everything up just by being there.

Not asking much, am I (ahem!)

Well, I’ve
Cynthia
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

My Review Of
The Wedding Date by Zara Stoneley

I read The Wedding Date by Zara Stoneley in one sitting with a bowl of popcorn and enjoyed every minute of (the popcorn too!) Samantha has been dumped by Liam, not just dumped but has found out that his new girlfriend is pregnant! Samantha must attend her best friends wedding and unfortunately two
Kelly
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Wedding Date is a brilliantly light hearted story that is amusing from the offset as Sam deliberates what to do about not having a boyfriend for her best friends wedding. In from the wings steps Jake, Sam is in need a confidence boost in the lead up to the wedding and the gorgeous Jake is just the boost she needs to help her feel brave enough to face her ex boyfriend and his pregnant girlfriend.

A funny and romantic story set in the beautiful Scottish countryside and has characters that you
Elaine
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a fun light read. I totally enjoyed myself while reading it. The book takes a little time to get going but before you know it, it pulls you in. But I did found myself caught up in the story quickly and once I got sucked in I didn't want to stop reading it. It's lighthearted but not daft, emotional but never sappy. There are parts that drag a little (mainly too many looooong scenes with Sam's parents and also some of Sam's inner dialogue could be easily cut back) but that doesn't ruin ...more
Peggy Jaeger
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Samantha Jenkins needs a date for her best friend's wedding, the one where her ex, Liam ( the best man) and his HUGELY pregnant girlfriend Stella are attending. Sam' struggled with going to support her best friend ( Jess) and not because she doesn't want to confront her ex. When her work friend Sarah suggests she finds a guy and pays him to go, pretending to be her boyfriend, Sam's not for the idea. Then she meets Jake, an actor, who seems perfect for the part. What follows is a wedding week in ...more
ItaPixie
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, netgalley

I've really enjoyed this entertaining, lovely story that has a lot of giggling provoking scenes that kept me engaged from start to end.

Sam is a single girl who has to take part to her best friend's wedding celebration in the Scottish Highlands.She has to spend seven days with all her friends and family but she doesn't want their pity because her ex boyfriend and his new girlfriend are among the guests too so she hires an actor as her new boyfriend.
Jack easily succeds charming every woman in the

Sue Ross
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderfully uplifting book! The cover is gorgeous! The narrative is by the main character Sam who must have a date for her best friend’s wedding at all costs. Sam has had her heartbroken and needs to build up her self esteem, but her humour is deliciously dry and had me laughing out loud throughout the book. I loved Sam and I so wanted to see her happy. There are some great characters as well as Sam. The parents, especially the mother, were priceless. The humour is there but as a reader I ...more
Monica Mac
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Oh, I do like Sam, a lot! I found myself saying things like: "you GO girl", a number of times whilst reading this book. I love that she is not perfect by any means, but she is funny, quirky and interesting and that counts for so much.

This book was a total delight and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

The way that Sam and Jake make this pretend boyfriend thing work, is just charming, it really is. On top of that, Jake has a really cute (but slightly naughty!) dog, just to add to the picture. And
Shuhada Ramli
I have always loved to read Romantic Comedy. The Wedding Date written by Zara Stoneley, has made me giggle and smile all the time. Despites having Samatha as a slow character, I think Jake and Samatha suits each other. Although I like the story very much, I couldn't give a full star rating to this story as it went all too slow. I found it a bit boring. Nevertheless, It is a good book to fill the time.
Rachel McKeown
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Just finished this today on holiday. Read it in 24 hours as I just enjoyed the characters and plot so much. Very easy to read and be carried along by the story as I sat in the sunshine. Exactly what I needed as a quick antidote to some crime I’d just read. Lifted the mood with laugh out loud moments at the humour Zara Stoneley creates. Brilliant.

Jo
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was an entertaining romp set at a Scottish wedding. A not quite real boyfriend, a lousy ex, a best friend and a gorgeous dog. What could go wrong? This book raced along and kept me entertained the whole way and doesn't everyone love a happy ending? Thank you to the author, to Netgalley and to TBC for the chance to read this title in exchange for an honest review.
Around the Year i...: The Wedding Date, by Zara Stoneley 1 10 Jul 30, 2018 11:16AM

• The Sister Swap
  • Sorry Not Sorry
  • Perfect Match
  • The Invitation
  • After the Rain (Destination Love, #4)
  • Little Gray Dress
  • Escape to the Country
  • The One Who's Not the One
  • What Holly's Husband Did
  • One Way or Another
Zara Stoneley is the USA Today bestselling author of The Wedding Date.

Born in a small village in the UK, she wanted to be a female James Herriot, a spy, or an author when she grew up. After many (many) years, and many different jobs, her dream of writing a bestseller came true.

She writes about friendship, dreams, love, and happy ever afters, and hopes that her tales make you laugh a lot, cry a