Start by marking “Embers (Dark in You, #4)” as Want to Read:
Embers (Dark in You, #4)

Embers

(Dark in You #4)

Harper and Knox are back and better than ever! The fourth book in Suzanne Wright's globally bestselling The Dark in You series is not to be missed.

The final horseman awaits . . . and the stakes have never been higher.

With the birth of their son, Asher, Harper and Knox are both more powerful and more vulnerable than they've ever been before. Asher's charm has seduced even t
Published September 4th 2018 by Piatkus (first published July 3rd 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Embers, please sign up.
Jlcricket She has said she is doing more books (plural) with the secondary characters. I have a feeling each sentinal is getting one since we have a good idea…moreShe has said she is doing more books (plural) with the secondary characters. I have a feeling each sentinal is getting one since we have a good idea who all their potential partners are.(less)

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
Everything I wanted...and more...

If you follow my reviews at all, you know I adore Suzanne Wright's books.

I have also made it pretty clear that I am 100% unable to judge them objectively (not that any review by anyone is truly ever objective - but that's a completely uninteresting philosophical discussion we can shelve for another day...thank God).

As I was saying.

This was me when I saw this book was coming around...

description

...complete with teenage girl squee-ing and jumping around whilst singing, "Kno
Aisling Zena
4,5 stars

Re-read 26/5/19

5/7/18 Review now posted

I do love pre-ordering. Getting that email that says that your book is now ready to read sends tingles down my fingers. I was able to do it for this book and boy, I did not regret it. I stopped the book I was reading and hopped on this one faster than the Flash. Harper and Knox's story continues and also concludes their arc in this fourth book.

description

I love visiting their world. And I do it often. I think I re-read their first book about a dozen times. I
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Boring, predictable and finished *⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

We're back with the most powerful demon in existence, Knox Thorne and his mate and anchor, tattooist and sphinx, Harper Wallis Thorne in the forth installment in the series and last of the couple as main characters. I must say that I was hugely disappointed in the book and story and myself. Why myself, you ask? Well, when I first found this series, I loved it - actually scratch that; I loved the first book. The second disappointed me as well as th
Mindy Lou's Book Review
This series is by far my favorite PNR series. I loved all 4 books, I loved Knox, I loved Harper, I loved Asher and I loved all the side characters. I'm sad that this is the last book to focus on Knox, Harper and Asher but I'm also very excited to see what's going to happen with future side character books. I highly recommend this series!
Deborah
Jul 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Re-read 11th February 2019

Re-read 1st - 2nd November 2018

4.5*

I love Knox and Harper they are one of my favourite book couples. I’ve been excited and waiting not so patiently for this book for what seems like ages.

Knox is tall dark handsome and powerful. Harper is a brilliant female character, strong, intelligent, loyal, funny. I could go on but this is one of the strengths of this author. It’s surprising just how many female authors fail to write a convincing female character.

Baby Asher is abso
Wendy
Gerelateerde afbeeldingGerelateerde afbeeldingGerelateerde afbeeldingGerelateerde afbeeldingGerelateerde afbeelding

I am a huge Suzanne Wright fan and I have read, and loved, every one of her books. What I love most about her writing, are the heroines. Suzanne sure knows how to write about kickass.. "I don't take no shit from no-one" ..heroines https://www.google.com/search?q=emoticons I love them and Harper is definitely one of my favorites. I fell in love with her when we met in "Burn".

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor I fell in love with you gif

The second reason I love Suzanne's book....are her alpha men. She sure knows how to write some HOT "you're mine" Alpha's, and again...Knox is definitely one of my
Gi's Spot Reviews

5 Gazillion ‘Perfect Powerful Trifecta’ Stars

OoooooMmmmmGgggg!!! What a PERFECT and BRILLIANT conclusion for the Four Horsemen mystery but most of all for the power couple – or really trifecta – of Knox, Harper and little Asher! Talk about a BLAZING wrap up! <3

I honestly couldn’t have wished for a better ‘ending’ for this part/couple of all time favorite series, Dark in You. Suzanne Wright showed once again her unparalleled talent in creating this allur
Carol
5 blazing stars.🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Beyond excited when this hit my kindle...…………………

excited amy adams GIF

Just in time for the holiday...………………....

celebrate 4th of july GIF by Bomb Pop

not the only fireworks going off today...…………………….

fireworks GIF

and be sure to watch out for falling Embers...……

fire glow GIF by Erica Anderson

Suzanne Wright you made my day!!!!
KNOX and HARPER, I have missed you. I love this couple so much!!!!
Epic read. I literally couldn't have asked for more from these characters or this book .
The fourth horseman is finally unmasked in this last Knox and Harper novel but more importantly Suzan
Holly
I have a feeling I read this fourth book already. It was basically book 3, and book 2, just with a small child thrown in for good measure. Don't get me wrong - I liked it, but this just wasn't anything new or exciting. None of the side characters really get further developed, the four horseman story line is shown yet again, and people are still trying to attack Harper. Oh and sex with invisible psychic fingers, which really is as weird as it sounds (don't ask). Maybe reading these last three boo ...more
taveena kade
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
“There’ll always be danger lurking, but I don’t think it’ll come too close to us. Not when I have a mate who can be absolutely terrifying when she chooses to be.”
Harper’s mouth curved. “So you fear me now. Good.”
He hesitated. “I’m not saying I fear you. But I’m conceding that you can be scary.”
She frowned, incredulous. “You still don’t fear me?”
“Of course not.”
“I sliced off that woman’s toes with a flaming stiletto blade, one by one … and you don’t find me scary?”
Fighting a smile, Knox rolled on
Kate's Corner
1st read 18/07/2018, 09/07/2019

A reread was a must as Tanner & Devon are up next and I can't wait. I'm also hoping for Larkin & Teague, Khloe & Keenan (and his monster c$ck) lol but who will Levi get together with? Maybe the witch?

My heart beat so fast for these three and how adorable is Asher? Very adorable and he is a handful.

It is an amazing ending.

I loved everything and would love more.

Read the series this author is fabulous, amazing and original in her ideas.
Ira
Can we jump into the future?
I want to read the story about baby boy Asher and his obviously, a fantastic demon! Haha! ❤❤❤

Right this moment, I’m not too looking forward for side characters’s books, after Knox and Harper? Nah...
But, let’s see 😘
Crack A Book Cafe
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Embers, book 4 in Suzanne Wright’s Dark in You Series, is just as amazing as the previous 3! This is the final book focusing on Knox and Harper and we get to meet their adorable tiny addition, Asher! I don’t want to ruin the series for you, so I won’t go into detail regarding the plot line. It’s my opinion that this shouldn’t be read as standalone. You’ll need to start from the beginning to fully enjoy and appreciate the cast of characters.

I will say that we’ve gone on quite the ride with these
Maya
Well, it's safe to say that Knox and Harper are back, better than ever. I'm actually sad to see their story end, as in this is said to be the last book in which they are the main characters. There will be other books in this series and I am looking forward to that, especially Khloë and Keenan's story. I'm sure it will be quite hilarious. Just imagining those two together has me smiling.

I'm not going to give away any spoilers, since it is already the fourth book and if you read the previous ones
Bev
Embers is the perfect conclusion to what has become one of my favourite PNR series. It was everything I'd hoped for and then some.

Hint, hint ...... If the author wants to revisit that world with stories on some if the other characters I'd be thrilled to bits.

Bloody loved it.
Chitra *CJ*
"Embers" is the fantastic continuation of Harper and Knox's tale.

In the ongoing storyline of the Demon world, Harper and Knox face the biggest challenge of it all..parenthood.
With the birth of their son Asher (who is the cutest and naughtiest baby EVER), they deal with not only the fear and adoration of the lair, but also the kidnapping attempts by the mysterious fourth horseman, an indestructible shape-shifting demon, lecherous exes, murdered dolphins and finally discover the depths of their lo
Somia
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this re-read, I think more so than when I first read it, quite possibly because unlike the first time I didn’t read it right after the previous two in the series.

In this book Knox and Harper who now have baby Asher have to deal with the fourth horseman re-emerging and causing trouble in a variety of ways.

Harper and Knox remain awesome, both are fierce and strong, and their chemistry continues to wonderfully sizzle off the page.

Asher was adorable and I liked how we didn't find
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
Lučka

Loved it! Knox and Harper forever <3 I could easily say they are my favorite book couple. I'm sad that their story is over, but I'm excited for the spin-off.

Nicla
Re-read - Still love this just as much.

Loved it! Wish I could give it 10 stars. My favorite installment in the series. Can't wait for a spin off with the secondary characters.

HEA (view spoiler)
Cheating/OW/OM (view spoiler)
Any push/pull (view spoiler)
Any couple separation (view spoiler)
Angst Level: Medium (
Ann Lou
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
It's hard to say goodbye to characters you've grown to love. Yeah, I know Knox and Harper will still be mentioned in the secondary characters books but it will not be the same.

I wonder who get their story first. Khloe and Keenan? Devon and Tanner? Hmmmm...

What I love more though, is to read a story about Asher.

Oh, did I mention how much I love this series and its characters? I truly do. 😊
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: really-good, pnr
So, I'm sad Harper and Knox's story is finished. Oh, I know we'll see them in the side characters' books to come—which I'm really excited about BTW—we all know it won't be the same. Good thing I can go back and reread one of my favorite couples of all times over and over again.

For though who haven't read this series, IMO it's a must read.

For Suzanne Wright, a heartfelt plea... Please give us Asher's story.

AJ
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

Action, mystery, supernatural badassery, lots of laughs, romance and steamy sexy time, it's all here as Harper and Knox continue the search for the fourth and illusive horseman – now with baby in tow.

Suzanne Wright has a gift for creating intricate and well-developed paranormal worlds, and she’s done a great job with series. The demons, their behaviour and powers, their world that is hidden from the humans, and even the intricate politics are wonderfully established to create something
Sammy Loves Books
OMG!!! Finally!!!

This was a fun installment. Harper's ex hookup is in town and Knox's jealousy is off the chain!!

description

Their baby is the star of this book...and I'm not a fan of babies mixed in with my smutt. Which is why this one gets three stars.

Finally, the four horsemen are revealed!! Thanks goodness, because I was getting tired of the not knowing. We also got a glimpse of Harper's demon committing violence. About time!!

This also felt like it might be the final episode, and I'm cool with that!
Tasha and Megan Mahoney
With every book in this series I think Suzanne Wright can't make it any better . Each time she proves me wrong. This is my favourite book of this series so far.
I listened to this on audiobook and Cat Doucette once again brings this story to life. I think my favourite side character is Lou, honestly, he should have his own book. He's hilarious.
Treece
Rating: 4 1/2 stars

The Final Chapter of the four part Dark in You series concludes!

Book Three sucked because it was filler until the last couple of chapters as Harper was being lifted up on a Mary-Sue pedestal that had me gritting my teeth. I grew to keenly dislike her in Book Three but then...

Book Four happened with little Asher Thorn-

Now with Baby Asher on board, a delightful and chaotic nuance was brought to entire plot. Sadly, the villains were always predictable and in plain sight. Except w
Tani ~Hiatus~
Jul 18, 2018 marked it as to-read
Wait, what?! Like seriously is the expected publication two days before my birthday? Oh, I can't wait for it! *squeals*
Malinda
4.5-5 stars

This was a great addition to the series. Harper and Knox are still doing great in this story but they do have a lot going on in this story, especially with their son's new powers starting to show themselves. More issues arise when it appears that the fourth horseman seems intent on going after Knox and is perfectly content to go after him through Harper or Asher. The characters are just as interesting as previous books in the series and the story is really good and very engaging. Over
Lyndi W.
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, 5-star
Sooo... hm. I'm giving it five stars and shelving it as a favorite because it certainly deserves that. But I must've yelled "I fuckin' knew it!" half a dozen times. That leaves me feeling like it was a little predictable. There were plenty of surprises, so not entirely predictable, but yeah. Just a few things were a bit obvious to me. My only reeeeal complaints: Asher's demon could have gotten a bit more page time and there were like, two too many sex scenes. Crazy hot sex, but man... that was a ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Where can I buy this book? Kindle edition missing 2 10 Jul 06, 2018 08:48PM

• Eternal Flames (The Amagarians, #2)
  • Claimed (Demon's Mark, #5)
  • Into the Darkness (Darkness #5)
  • Claiming the Dragon King (The Elite Guards #2)
  • At Blade's Edge (Goddess With A Blade, #4)
  • Peanut Goes to School (Elder Races, #6.7)
  • Kato (Stone Warriors, #2)
  • Psychic's Spell (Legion of Angels #6)
  • In the Company of Witches (Arcane Shot, #2)
  • Shadowed Blade (Colbana Files, #5)
  • Blood Match (Blood Type, #2)
  • Blessed (The Chosen, #2)
  • A Vow of Thorns (Blackest Gold, #3)
  • Promises After Dark (After Dark, #3)
Suzanne Wright lives in England with her husband, two children, and her Bengal cats. When she's not spending time with her family, she's writing, reading, or doing her version of housework - sweeping the house with a look.

Dark in You (5 books)
  • Burn (Dark in You, #1)
  • Blaze (Dark in You, #2)
  • Ashes (Dark in You, #3)
  • Shadows (Dark in You #5)
“I’ve never had someone as deeply enmeshed in my life as you are, Harper. Never wanted anyone to be. I don’t have any real experience with emotional intimacy, which means I’m often flying blind here. Not being good at something pisses me off. But you … you’re something I need. I absolutely refuse to live a life that doesn’t have you in it.” 4 likes