Start by marking “A Bite to Remember (Argeneau #5)” as Want to Read:
A Bite to Remember (Argeneau #5)

A Bite to Remember

(Argeneau #5)

Rule #1: Never get involved with someone who won't be there for you when the sun comes up.

Once bitten, twice shy, and sexy PI Jackie Morrisey wasn't going there again. Vincent Argeneau may be the hottest guy she's ever met, living or dead, but she's here to stop a killer from turning this vampire into dust, not to jump into bed with him.

Rule #2: Never kiss a vampire . . .
Mass Market Paperback, 362 pages
Published June 27th 2006 by Avon (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about A Bite to Remember, please sign up.

Jilly
You know when you are reading a series and there is a side character that is really fun and cool and you're thinking, "Oh, I can't wait until he gets his book!" and then he does and suddenly he isn't so fun and cool anymore, but kind of a boring guy? And then you're all, "What the hell happened to the guy with the charm who was cracking me up in the last book?"
Yeah, that.

It wasn't terrible or anything. Just not anything to write home about. Or, a review, in this case.
CC
I am pretty much sick of writing reviews for this series. I think that is a sign I need a break from it! This book sucked. It did not make me mad, hence the 2 stars for a sucky book.

It was boring, the hero was a wuss, the heroine was supposed to be tough but ended up being a wuss too. They definitely did NOT act like they were life mates. He let another man kiss her!!!!! How is that ok - ever?!?! They did not pass out during/after sex (like every single other couple in the series). They were un
Anne
It's an Argeneau book. They all seem to have basically the same sort of plot...ish. It's not a bad thing necessarily, but if you've read one, you've kind of read them all.
Still, I'll be the first one to admit that I find them a fun way to pass the time, and A Bite to Remember is no exception.
It's got a halfway decent mystery and a cute romance (although I did get a bit bored with the love scenes and had to start skimming).
I'd recommend it for the beach, but not for a book club. Well, unless it's
Natasha
Mar 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing
What a great book!
A Bite to Remember is the fifth installment in the Argeneau series. The Argeneau's are turning out to be very interesting and fun!
Honestly, I enjoy Lynsay Sands, but this book is my favorite by far.
It has even more action, romance, mystery and suspense than the other books combined. The other books I've read by her are still great but I find they are a bit simple and straightforward. But she does have a interesting twist on the creation of vampires that hearkens back to the tim
Nov 11, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Evanovich fans who like a Morreli/Ranger with fangs.
YAY! Another book that was hard to put down.

This book centered around Vincent Argeneau whom we were introduced to in the last book. He is an actor and heads his own production company to oversee all his plays. When one too many accidents happen that force him to close down play after play - he realizes these might not be accidents after all. He contacts his cousin Bastien who sends out the P.I. his company uses on a regular basis. (I assume Vampires need P.I.'s more often than us normies - so I
Fangs for the Fantasy
Aug 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
Someone is sabotaging Vincent Argeneau's business and each act sabotage is getting more violent. He reaches out to his cousin Bastien, who hires Tiny and Jackie Morrisey. What Vincent does not realise that the private investigators are human. He is not exactly open to the idea but Bastien assures him that both of them know all about vampires and are skilled at what they do. Vincent know has to deal with mortals in his home, a saboteur and his aunt Marguerite, who has decided its time for Vincent ...more
Amyiw
Sep 21, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: x-2011, outlier
Sad, sad day. I always could rely on Sands, always, always... but this was a disappointment.

Wow, I really hate to give a book of Sands a bad review and maybe it should get one and a half stars for the quick story at the end but this was bad, and I don't understand the 5 star reviews.

1. The Private Investigator is incompetent. (view spoiler)
Pixie
I believe I read this in 2007 or maybe early 2008? I can't remember exactly, so I've just left the date to "not set". I know it's been a few years since I've read it. Haha. But the interesting thing is... I didn't forget that I did enjoy this book.
I believe I've already stated in one review before that I don't read much erotica in general. It's not much my genre type. I don't have anything against it... I just have never been a huge fan, with the exception of The Black Dagger Brotherhood series
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
3.5 Stars

Even though I feel this book was better than the last one, I did not get the same feeling I was expecting from this series.

There was an ok connection between Jackie and Vincent, which was completely lacking in the last book, it just wasn't anything special. I still like Margarite. Tiny was a cute character too (please tell me that's not who Margarite will end up with!).

The plot development felt like it was just going around in circles, nothing ever really happening! And I missed the hu
Kinga
Jan 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Vincent, the easy going funny and smily vampire and Jackie, the serious immortal-hater kind of detective. I love the pair. She's an amazing woman and matches Vincent well and they make quite the lovely couple. But then again I might be biased. I like the earlier couples more than those around the 20th book.

♥♥Mari♥♥
The cover of this edition, published by Gollancz, is somewhat misleading; this is by no means a creepy novel, in spite of that unfortunate little trickle of blood running out of the guy's mouth. I had already read this years ago, and really enjoyed it. So, I bought this edition (because of the good-looking guy on the cover) and dove in again, with the intention of reviewing the book this time around.

Most people unfamiliar with the paranormal genre would most likely assume that vampires and humor
Taylor Hull
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Never judge a book by its cover." We have all heard that saying before, and it's true! You never truly know a person until you take the time to know them. Another great read by Lynsay Sands. It's my 2nd time reading this series, and I love it even more than the 1st time. You won't be disappointed with these books!
Shyla
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Different?

I’m not sure what was so different about this story but I enjoyed but didn’t at the same time. I loved all the new characters but the story line seemed off a bit.

Jackie and Vincent at first just seemed awkward and forced then they relaxed some. I believe that they truly did not relax until the very end right before Jackie was killed or it’s all in my head!!! Lol

Still recommend this book 📚.
Francais Parker
Girl Power: A
Guy Hero: A-
Love Interests: A
Feels: A-

For you clean-readers: this one DOES have mature content. Some scene-skipping/self-editing will be needed to read this one.
Coral
Nov 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Plot: 3/5
Characterisation: 3/5
Prose: 4/5
How much I enjoyed it: 3/5
keikii Eats Books
May 22, 2013 rated it liked it
To read more reviews in this series and others, check out keikii eats books!

60 points/100 (3 stars/5)

Vincent Argeneau has a problem - someone is causing all his stage productions to shut down their shows. His person show was shut down due to a mysterious case of "contagious anemia" that shut down the play he was set to appear in as Dracula. PI Jackie Morrisey has been called to find out who is causing it.

So far, I have liked A Bite to Remember the least on this reread through the series. It wa
Jenn
Jun 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
It's been about four years or so since I've read Lynsay Sands. I was going through my boxes of books this past weekend in advance of our upcoming move and I rediscovered her books. Instantly, I was reminded how much I'd loved her world and vampire mythos — one of the most unique I've come across — and quite eagerly purchased the ebooks for A BITE TO REMEMBER and BITE ME IF YOU CAN.

I was a little worried, truthfully, that four years away from the world she'd created would dampen my enthusiasm for
Blodeuedd Finland

Plot:

Someone is sabotaging Vincent's plays and to his rescue comes a female PI, sexy, mortal, and with a bit of grudge against immortals. Then his aunt shows up too afraid that he is lonely and depressed.

My thoughts:

Shall I state my do not worry OCD peeps message again, ok. I read book 1 and now I read this one. Were there books in between yes, Vincent's aunt mentioned that his cousins had found life mates but that was it. And the nano thing was explained again and some other things. This book w
Allison
Robin Reynolds / October Woman
Very good entry in the series. While I've enjoyed all the books so far, the previous books were starting to feel very similar, i.e., the heroes and heroines after the first book were all alike and interchangeable, and I was feeling just a tad bored by the end of Book 4. But Book 5 shook it up a little bit. Our hero this time, Vincent, is a cousin to the previous heroes, and he's much less serious than they are, and more at ease in dealing with mortals and their world. The heroine is a mortal, bu ...more
Bernadette
Aug 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
I've been reading the Argeneau Series for 2 weeks now and I love the series but it was not exceptional, I love the concept of a new vampire breed... This is the 5th book and by far this is the book that really caught my attention. I also dig the 3rd book maybe because I'm a book lover by heart. In the 4th installment, Vincent made me laugh so I'm expecting so much for his story and it did not disappoint...

Vincent is a happy-go-lucky vampire but deep inside he is losing everything, the love of li
Jess
Dec 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
This was the book that introduced to me Lynsay Sands. From the moment I opened this book all those years ago and got my first taste of her writing I haven't been able to to stop reading her books. She is one of the very few writers that can make me embarrass my self in public by making me laugh out loud at her characters. It is a Paranormal Romance with Vampires. She has a very different, more believable, take on the Vampire which I found extremely refreshing. In the story Vincent Argeneau has h ...more
t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ t'irla's Talk Book Blog
I adore Vincent, funny, quirky one of the Argeneau's best heroes to date.

Description:

The bestselling author of "A Quick Bite" continues her popular vampire series. Sexy private eye Jackie Morrisey admits Vincent Argeneau is the hottest guy she's ever met--dead or alive--but she's supposed to protect him from a killer, not fall in love with him

My Thoughts:

LS stepped outside of her nucleus of the Argenteau family has introduced a whole new cast of characters and I for one find them more entertaini
Julie Paugh
Vincent was a fun and upbeat character which is a welcome change from most of the brooding vampires we meet. Overall an okay read but I'm growing tired of the series...all the plots follow the same formula and the story tied up without me caring much one way or the other. I already know how it ends-happily of course. I swear, by the end, if I'd read the word, "sabotuer" one more time, I would have happily cracked my own head. And once you've read a few of these in the series, the repetitiveness ...more
Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews
This was a nice read! I like author Lyndsay Sands writing style. There is attraction, mystery, crime, passion and always I am relatively mystified until the end. I swear she is the queen of red herrings. I have developed quite a fascination with this series and even though I started reading them for the Wobble Reading Challenge I am going to have to read them all!
a & e
Vincent is a refreshing characters after reading all about the brooding, serious Argeneaus. He is unable to drink bagged blood which is a refreshing change from the usual. Jackie to me seems kind of annoying because she is unable to get Vincent's fun personality and seems kind of drab. I connected to Jackie's friend Tiny the best. I gave it a 5 but honestly you can skip this.
Melissa
Jul 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sooo in this book we read about Vincent and Jackie, Marguerite is there for a long time and we meet Tiny, Christian, Marcus, Dante and Tomasso, who by the way are awsome!! I enjoyed this book inmensly and can't wait to read the next one. Bite me if you can. With Lucian yes!!!!!
Raina
Sep 09, 2007 rated it it was amazing
I just love how all of the books in this series are so intertwined you feel as if the stories are almost all occuring simultanously...or at least pretty darn closely so you really aren't missing out on anything.
Brenda (b)
Nov 07, 2008 rated it really liked it
I liked that the plot wasn't just revisiting the same premise as the previous books in this series. Jackie and Vincent were likeable characters and I enjoyed meeting Tiny and the Notte cousins from Italy.
Esther G. Recuero
Para ser novela "rosa" es muy bueno. No me lo esperaba así. Divertido, ingenioso, con una trama estable y con un final bastante acertado.

Lynsay Sands ha conseguido que quiera seguir leyendo sobre la familia Arguenau
  • The Undead Next Door (Love at Stake, #4)
  • Even Vampires Get the Blues (Dark Ones #4)
  • I Only Have Fangs for You (Young Brothers, #3)
  • Don't Talk Back To Your Vampire (Broken Heart #2)
  • The Eternal Highlander (MacNachton Vampires #1)
  • The Vampire Who Loved Me (Cabot, #2)
  • Master of Darkness (Primes, #4)
  • Bled Dry (Vegas Vampires, #3)
LYNSAY SANDS is the nationally bestselling author who is known for her hysterical historicals as well as the popular Argeneau/Rogue Hunter vampire series. With her witty and charming personality, Sands describes books as, “Waking dreams or stories, tales to amuse, entertain and distract us from everyday life.” She’s been writing stories since grade school and considers herself incredibly lucky to ...more

Argeneau (1 - 10 of 30 books)
  • A Quick Bite (Argeneau #1)
  • Love Bites (Argeneau #2)
  • Single White Vampire (Argeneau #3)
  • Tall, Dark & Hungry (Argeneau #4)
  • Bite Me If You Can (Argeneau #6)
  • The Accidental Vampire (Argeneau #7)
  • Vampires are Forever (Argeneau #8)
  • Vampire, Interrupted (Argeneau #9)
  • The Rogue Hunter (Argeneau #10; Rogue Hunter #1)
  • The Immortal Hunter (Argeneau #11; Rogue Hunter #2)
“Why? Because you feed on fluffy little baby cows and chickens and I feed on mortals?” 3 likes