Start by marking “Cage Runner (Sand Runner, #2)” as Want to Read:
Cage Runner (Sand Runner, #2)

Cage Runner

(Sand Runner #2)

For fans of The Hunger Games and The Maze Runner, comes the second installment in the action-packed Sand Runner series... CAGE RUNNER.

Kai has survived the No Limits Race, outsmarting the system and choosing to do what's right rather than win at all costs. But his actions triggered events beyond his control, and now his enemies threaten both him and those he car
Paperback, First Paperback Edition, 248 pages
Published February 13th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Cage Runner, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cage Runner

Kimberly Vanderbloom
Amazing, breathtaking and fantastic.

I fell in love with this series a few months back. Sand Runner will always hold a special in my heart. It has to be one of the best dystopian books I have ever read. I was patiently waiting for Cage Runner to come out because I've been dying to know what happened to my favorite characters Kai and Emily. This book has a different pace and the story has evolved in to so much more. You get to see some of my favorite characters from Sand Runner and see what they ha
Dave Higgins
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Building from a plausible technological base, Brook combines the passion of young adult dystopia with the moral greys of cyberpunk to create a fast-paced science-fiction thriller that will appeal to a range of readers.

This book is the second in the Sandrunner series. Spoilers might strike from any direction.

After giving away first place in the No Limits Race, Kai hoped he could settle down with Emily. However, with the money he won from the race gone, he is drawn into the
Katy Haye
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a strong follow-up to Sand Runner. I love the world Vera Brook has created – it’s close enough to ours to be entirely comprehensible, but with some nasty twists that are utterly plausible for the close future.

It was also fun to spend more time with Kai. Bless him, I alternately wanted to hug him and slap him for doing the right thing even when his moral code was clearly going to leave him at a massive disadvantage. And yet, it’s his loyalty and willingness to put himself on
Devyn
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I'm having a terrible time reviewing this without completely spazzing out because I freaking LOVE Brook's writing style!

Cage Runner by Vera Brook is just as good as Sand Runner, also by Vera Brook.

It is a rare gem indeed when the author slays not only the first book but also the second.

Once again I was fully immersed in Kai and Emily's story, and rushed through a book that I swore I'd go slow on. And now I'm stuck here waiting for the next- and why is it that the most boring books get 1000 pages and great ones liktheauthor/>
Dave Milbrandt
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, which is well-suited for older-YA readers and adults who like a little Hunger Games/Legend inspired fiction. It was filled with action from beginning to end and the character and story development flowed smoothly. I can't wait for the next book in the series.
Tracey Pedersen
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book two in this series did not disappoint. I've been waiting to get my hands on it! Kai's story is fascinating to me and I love the world building of this book series. I was bummed when it ended, though I did enjoy the fact that it was quite long. I know authors hate to hear this, but can we have book three now, please?
Aletia
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Where's book #3!?!

I was surprised by how much I enjoyed Sand Runner. And I'm yet again surprised by where this second book takes us. You meet new friends, interact with some old foes, and trip over who's the good guy and who's the bad. I'm intrigued by where this story is going, and truly cannot wait to see what happens next!!!
Scott Bartlett
Makfidunnabi Methun
Jan 30, 2019
Liz Ann
Oct 15, 2019
Vera Brook is a neuroscientist turned science fiction and fantasy writer. She is also a bookworm, and perpetually torn between reading books and writing them. Her debut novel, Sand Runner (book 1 in the Sand Runner series) was published in 2017, followed by Cage Runner (book 2) in 2018.

Sand Runner (2 books)
  • Sand Runner (Sand Runner, #1)