Start by marking “The Entrepreneur’s Guide to Keeping Your Sh*t Together: How to Run Your Business Without Letting it Run You” as Want to Read:

Learn how to stay sane, keep your s**t together, and ensure both you and your business thrive for years.

You run a business. And running a business is hard. It can ruin your health. It can ruin your relationships. It can ruin your life.

But only if you don’t equip yourself for the journey.

The burden of responsibility, the weight of stress and the loneliness of running
Published February 12th 2018

Be the first to ask a question about The Entrepreneur’s Guide to Keeping Your Sh*t Together

Start your review of The Entrepreneur’s Guide to Keeping Your Sh*t Together: How to Run Your Business Without Letting it Run You
Ahmad Abugosh
Apr 27, 2018 rated it liked it
As a fan of the Zen Founder podcast, I was really excited to read this book!

While a lot of what was discussed was already covered in the podcast in greater detail, and in general I like the podcast's natural conversational style better, this book does a good job of summarizing the key learnings into an easily digestible format.

My main feedback on the book is wish it went a little more into the Sherry's psychology background and case studies (my favorite parts of the book were when she explaine
Tom Hudson
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent tips and insights

The author combines clinical data with real life tips that are easy to implement. Overall, a very informative book that can be utilized by parents, leaders, as well as entrepreneurs.
Jared
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
For someone who's worked at a few failed startups, I know exactly what Sherry is talking about in each one of these pages. How it's just too easy to jump in and then 1 year later find out you no longer have a job, and oh yea, your friends have abandoned you because you essentially excommunicated them while you were dealing with your "higher calling."

Some advice I've seen and even implemented myself before but there are some new things in here to consider. Lots of emphasis on how your mental stat
Melih
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If there’s a topic on which we spend too little time it’s mental health.

Not mental health where we focus on whether you’re crazy or have a disorder or a mommy complex, but just the simple ability to recognize where you are emotionally and more sustainably react and own those emotions and the way they impact us and the world around us.

This book lovingly sets out a framework that both shows us the entrepreneur’s mental health journey, and also practical tips to work through and survive to the ot
Adii Pienaar
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is one of those books that I wish was available years ago, as it would've helped me understand much more about myself and my journey. Instead I had to cobble together pieces of this from a variety sources: other books, my therapist, friends and mentors.

Sherry's book is most helpful in the way that it is clear that she has spent a lot of time around entrepreneurs and is an entrepreneur herself. From the language to validate the challenges of entrepreneurship to the tips/tricks/tactics to cop
Bruce Harpham
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: business
Read this book after discovering the authors through their podccasts and companies. The blend of professional expertise and stories of a struggle as an entrepreneur are interesting. It's a short read packed with plenty of great advice. If you've ever felt that sense of overwhelm in running a business, this book has helpful tips to consider.
Nancy Sabino
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very real and relatable

This was the first business book that I felt was also human. It made me feel like others experience the same doubts, questions, stress etc. It also gave great tactics for dealing with all of that.
Ken Hamner
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was pretty informative and useful, especially for entrepreneurs.
Dimitri Roinishvili
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
A honest and a good set of advises when running or trying to run your own business. This book might be applicable not to entrepreneurs, but to people who seeks to find ways to balance personal/work lifestyle.
Dmitry Kuriakov
Dec 15, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: self-help
(The English review is placed beneath Russian one)

Название книги не соответствует содержанию. Эта книга определённо не подойдёт тем читателям, кто ищет что-то типа стратегического менеджмента в MBA вариации или в более упрощённой версии обычной бизнес книги. Эта книга скорее понравится тем, кто, во-первых, любит читать журналы/газеты на бизнес тематику, а также блоги по тому же направлению, бизнес направлению. Во-вторых, любит книги по самопомощи типа «Магия утра» и в-третьих, большой любитель
Cole
Feb 05, 2019 rated it liked it
The author is clearly really smart, a good communicator, and put a lot of thought into this book. I enjoyed reading it, but didn't really come away with anything particularly actionable.
Alain Buffing
Dec 02, 2018
Aaron Street
Nov 20, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Mom Test: How to talk to customers & learn if your business is a good idea when everyone is lying to you
  • Lost and Founder: The Mostly Awful, Sometimes Awesome Truth about Building a Tech Startup
  • Make Time: How to Focus on What Matters Every Day
  • Stillness Is the Key
  • Obviously Awesome: How to Nail Product Positioning so Customers Get It, Buy It, Love It
  • Indistractable: How to Control Your Attention and Choose Your Life
  • The 1-Page Marketing Plan: Get New Customers, Make More Money, And Stand out From The Crowd
  • It Doesn't Have to Be Crazy at Work
  • Before The Exit: Thought Experiments For Entrepreneurs
  • Start Small, Stay Small: A Developer's Guide to Launching a Startup
  • Profit First: A Simple System To Transform Any Business From A Cash-Eating Monster To A Money-Making Machine
  • Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones
  • This is Marketing: You Can't Be Seen Until You Learn To See
  • Conscious: A Brief Guide to the Fundamental Mystery of the Mind
  • Elevate: Push Beyond Your Limits and Unlock Success in Yourself and Others
  • Why We Sleep: Unlocking the Power of Sleep and Dreams
  • AI Superpowers: China, Silicon Valley, and the New World Order
  • Monetizing Innovation: How Smart Companies Design the Product Around the Price

News & Interviews