Start by marking “Tales from a Not-So-Best Friend Forever (Dork Diaries #14)” as Want to Read:
Tales from a Not-So-Best Friend Forever (Dork Diaries #14)

Tales from a Not-So-Best Friend Forever

(Dork Diaries #14)

Nikki Maxwell’s summer is packed with drama in this fourteenth installment of the #1 New York Times bestselling Dork Diaries series!

Nikki and her bandmates are looking forward to an AWESOME summer on tour as the opening act for the world famous Bad Boyz! Nikki is a little worried when her frenemy, MacKenzie Hollister, weasels her way into a social media intern position
Published October 22nd 2019 by Aladdin

I Capture the Castle by Dodie SmithThe Princess Diaries by Meg CabotBridget Jones's Diary by Helen FieldingThe Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen ChboskyThe Secret Diary of Adrian Mole, Aged 13 3/4 by Sue Townsend
Best Diary Novels
244 books — 256 voters
Lord of the Flies by William GoldingCarrie by Stephen KingTo Kill a Mockingbird by Harper LeeJane Eyre by Charlotte BrontëHoles by Louis Sachar
Bullying
385 books — 265 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Tales from a Not-So-Best Friend Forever (Dork Diaries #14)
Schizanthus Nerd
I need to just CHILLAX and stop WHINING about how AWFUL my life is (when in reality I’m actually very lucky)!
Exactly. Nikki has a loving family, two incredibly supportive best friends, a crush (who’s a sweetheart) who likes her back, and her band is going on tour as the opening act for a boy band. Life’s pretty sweet, right?
description
Okay, so maybe not …

Nikki is essentially the queen of catastrophic thinking at this point. Everything is the end of the world … until it suddenly all works out. I
Trinity Prather
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love dork diaries i hope the series never end .or people should make a movie about these ...more
cerys mitchell
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I Dork diaries ...more
Devi
Why am I strangely invested in this series?
Melody
Jan 06, 2020 added it
It was a very funny and interesting book.
ruby.
Oct 29, 2019 rated it did not like it
Ehhhhhhhh.

I feel like this book series just keeps on going and there isn't much of a storyline anymore.

Just about a totally dorky girl with 2 dorkier friends and a dorky crush. With an evil mean girl crushing on the same guy and doing anything she can to ruin dorky girl's life. Pretty boring. Oh, and the dorky girl's family are complete idiots.

Yeah. Not really enjoying the series anymore but I guess I'll have to keep buying them as it's sort of a guilty pleasure.

Anyways, I apologise if my review
|| Soph ||
Aug 22, 2019 marked it as to-read
THIS COVER AHAHAHAHA I HATE IT

post seeing this book irl

EW ITS EVEN WORSE IN PERSON
K Whatsherface
Still a cute addictive series. I still think it's for a younger audience than middle schoolers
Osaki
Feb 14, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Nice book
Amber Kestner
Another great book from Rachel, I am actually wanting to know if their will be a Book 15 and she has been writing this series for 10 years that means she wrote that a year before I had my daughter in 2010 that is so amazing. As always this book fills you with Nikki's life and let's just say Mackenzie is annoying, I am not going to spoil much more than that you have to read it yourself. It is a great book for your collection just like the rest of them.
Pashmina
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
Finished in around an hour. Decent, but the plot wasn't as detailed nor dramatic as I expected, and after the climax, it just explained what happened afterward and bam, that was the end of the book... Definitely not the best Dork Diaries I've read...
Emily Costa
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really like reading this book
Cherie Blossom Okechukwu
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cherie-s-books
Dork Diaries books are so cool and good for middle school girls
Diane Lynch
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nikki and her friends get an opportunity to be the opening band for a popular rock group. Nothing goes as it should. Filled with drama and adventure.
This is written as a girls diary. Pictures and doodles included. My fourth grade niece requested it.
Anna Lato
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
Actual rating: 2.5

Unfortunately this book just didn't live up to my expectations. I feel that the plot was not that entertaining (as it was in the previous books) and all the quizzes just felt like fillers.
Sophie Crane
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: women-in-h-f
I love all of the dork diary books so much this one is definitely the best out of all of them. she is THE best writer ever. if you are 8-12 you will love this book.
Yasmeena Elmahdy
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I will forever question that cover but HELL YEAH
Deep_Abyss
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
Nikoleta Kallipoliti
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dork-diaries
Great for young girls that have fun reading and looking at cute illustrations!
🖤JORY🖤
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The best book in the world ...more
Tonja Drecker
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Full of drama and humor pure, this is a fun dive into a chaotic teen girl's life as she stumbles around, trying to make things work in the wrong and yet so right way.

Nikki's about to have the summer of a lifetime. Her and her best friends' band has been chosen to open for the hugely popular Bad Boyz...that's if her little sister wouldn't run off with the phone and make it impossible for the agent to get a hold of her. After a few mishaps, the band is on its way and each of the girls is overly
Kenji
Nov 26, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Series has gone completely downhill, instead of creating new events and trials for the characters it just builds and takes from previous ones which made it rediculously tedious and repetitive.

I loved the development of the lead's confidence over time, I like that she's gotten a lot more comfortable standing up for herself but this one defeats her back to where she was at book one. I simply don't think our lead is that stupid to let a mean girl blackmail her for something that is 10 times more of
~BooksAreTheEpitomeOfLife~
Yeah this is pretty much dido my review of the last book... I love the series and honestly I liked this book a lot more than the last one but it still just didn't quite meet the standards of the original 7ish books. I said it last time and i feel I need to say it again these stories are way too dramatic. Like, in the original 7ish books, albeit not all of it, but most of the drama seemed reasonable and her freak outs were reasonably plausible but in this book? And the last couple of ones too? ...more
ReaderQueen123
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was ok
Insert groan. When I first read this, it was about a sweet dork who was bullied by the popular kids and had a crush on a sweet boy. Cute! As it went on, I noticed that her life got better and she started being more whiny. It was like Nikki was replaced WITH Mackenzie! Nikki wore more stylish and expensive looking clothes, was significantly better look, and was NOT a model for good behavior. And her life got BETTER. She was kissed by her ultimate crush who likes her back, she had a TV SHOW, an ...more
Kalayla Seehafer
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
OMG!! This was a really good book! Not my favorite of the Dork Diaries, but I finished it in just a few hours!
Nikki finally gets to go on her tour with Bad Boys-and MEET THEM!! SQUEEE!! But when McKenzie becomes the girl who posts about the trip AND Nikki's roomate will she survive? I love that she gets to meet this (extremely cute) boy band too. Also how they have quizzes throughout the book too!
SPOILER
I just don't like how Nikki barely even talks to McKenzie in the book. I think the title is a
Maryann Kasouha
The book Dork Diaries Tales from a Not So Best Friend Forever by Rachel Renée Russell is a very funny book. Nikki and her band get chosen to be the opening act for a very popular band, The Bad Boyz. Although, Nikki has to make an important decision of letting her enemy MacKenzie come with her on the tour or sell Fuzzy Friends, which was one of Nikki’s friends’ grandparents’ pet shop. Luckily, the store stays open and Nikki and her friends have a great time even with MacKenzie there. You get to ...more
Jackie
Oct 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Nikki, Chloe, and Zoey and their band, Actually, I Don’t Really Know Yet are about to tour with the mega-star band, Bad Boyz...their dream come true. But, in true Dork Diaries fashion, problems arise (a missed phone call because of bratty little sister, Brianna), arch-enemies weasel their way into their lives ( MacKenzie Hollister), and Nikki gives some good, yet bad advice to the boy band.

Tales From a Not-So-Best-Friend Forever is the latest installment and will have those that love the
Nuria Pairó
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was ok
I keep reading these books due to nostalgia and because my younger sister keeps buying them for herself. To be honest I feel the series has strayed far from its original charm of it being a story of a regular girl entering middle school and how it affects her. Now its more and more goofy every single book that comes out. Even with the nostalgia I cant bring myself to enjoy the newer additions to the series; I'm curious of where the heck this series is going now that nikki is a international pop ...more
Amelie
Jan 06, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rember Mancilla
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thing the book was very funny and interesting. Niki is going to the bad boys tour and she makes a deal with her worst enemy, which I think she shouldn't have done and now her enemy was on the trip, but there were many things she shouldnt have done, like not calling for help when she was stuck in the ocean and telling her sister to use her phone to call their parents to tell them they were lost.

• Wrecking Ball (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #14)
  • Boy-Crazy Stacey
  • Sunny Rolls the Dice
  • Guts
  • Best Friends (Real Friends, #2)
  • WILD CHILD - Book 5 - Gone
  • Karen's Witch (Baby-Sitters Little Sister Graphic Novel #1)
  • The 117-Story Treehouse: Dots, Plots & Daring Escapes!
  • Dog Man: Fetch-22 (Dog Man, #8)
  • Dawn and the Impossible Three
  • The New Girl-Book 1 : The Twins' New Neighbor: Books for Girls
  • Making Friends: Back to the Drawing Board (Making Friends, #2)
  • New Novel
  • Making Friends (Making Friends, #1)
  • Claudia and Mean Janine
  • The New Girl: Book 2 - A Whole New Dilemma
  • Kristy's Big Day
  • Just Jaime
Rachel Renee Russell is the #1 New York Times Best Selling author of the book series, DORK DIARIES, and the upcoming, THE MISADVENTURES OF MAX CRUMBLY to be released on June 7, 2016.

For more about Nikki's world visit www.DorkDiaries.com

For more about Max's world visit www.MaxCrumbly.com

Dork Diaries (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Tales from a Not-So-Fabulous Life (Dork Diaries, #1)
  • Tales from a Not-So-Popular Party Girl (Dork Diaries, #2)
  • Tales from a Not-So-Talented Pop Star (Dork Diaries, #3)
  • Tales from a Not-So-Graceful Ice Princess (Dork Diaries, #4)
  • Tales from a Not-So-Smart Miss Know-It-All (Dork Diaries, #5)
  • Tales from a Not-So-Happy Heartbreaker (Dork Diaries, #6)
  • Tales from a Not-So-Glam TV Star (Dork Diaries, #7)
  • Tales from a Not-So-Happily Ever After! (Dork Diaries, #8)
  • Tales from a Not-So-Dorky Drama Queen (Dork Diaries, #9)
  • Tales from a Not-So-Perfect Pet Sitter (Dork Diaries, #10)