Start by marking “The Accidental Beauty Queen” as Want to Read:
The Accidental Beauty Queen

The Accidental Beauty Queen

Charlotte Gorman loves her job as an elementary school librarian, and is content to experience life through the pages of her books. Which couldn’t be more opposite from her identical twin sister. Ginny, an Instagram-famous beauty queen, has been chasing a crown since she was old enough to say "world peace," and she’s not giving up until she wins Miss American Treasure. But ...more
Published December 4th 2018 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about The Accidental Beauty Queen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Accidental Beauty Queen

Start your review of The Accidental Beauty Queen
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Apr 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommended to Chelsea by: Whitney Atkinson
I was feeling a little slumpy so I decided to listen to the audiobook to try and knock myself out of it and this worked like a charm! It was mega fun and you get exactly what you expect going in. Definitely recommend if you want something fast and fun.
DJ Sakata
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Favorite Quotes:

Ginny chose this life, just as surely as I chose mine. She also gets paid more for one sponsored Instagram post than I make in a week, and when I remember this, I keep my sympathy in check.

The Hogwarts T-shirt I’m wearing might as well be an invisibility cloak… I’m here for the chance to stay in Ginny’s luxury hotel room for a week, for free, and completely nerd out at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I’m also here for moral support, of course. I plan on being at every single
Kendall
Oct 29, 2018 rated it liked it
What originally sparked my interest in this book was the cover. I just think the cover is so cute!

The Accidental Beauty Queen is a cute, light, and fluffy read. This isn't the most original story and was predictable but it still was an overall easy and fun read.

Let's meet the twins Ginny and Charlotte. These girls couldn't be more opposite.
Charlotte is a shy librarian and Ginny is outgoing competing in beauty pageants. Charlotte decides to take a vacation to see her sister compete in an
A quick read perfect for a brain candy day. Lucky for me, it was that kind of day for me and exactly what I needed. It’ll de-stress you in a minute. Loved it!!

My favorite quote:
“Fire is nature's way of regenerating the woods and clearing the way for new growth. Some trees even depend on forest fires to spread their seed. The heat of the blaze causes pinecones to pop and explode, scattering seeds far and wide that have been waiting to germinate for years. As the land is being ravaged, it’s
Carrie
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
The Accidental Beauty Queen by Teri Wilson is a fun, light-hearted breathe of fresh air romantic comedy. This one actually had a bit more to it with a theme of discovering one’s self and connecting with family plot along with the romance when a set of identical twins swap places.

Charlotte and Ginny Gorman are identical twins but completely opposite in every way they can be. The sisters had lost their mother at an early age and Charlotte had gotten close with their father gaining a love for
Whitney Atkinson
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.75-4 stars? Not sure

Thanks to Gallery Books for the free review copy!

TW: Disordered eating

This book was so stinking cute and addicting!! I read 200 pages in one sitting because the Texan, Harry Potter-loving main character was so fun to follow and the inner monologue was witty and adorable. This book was so entertaining and relatable, even when it would sometimes cross over into the territory of trying too hard to be funny. It definitely kept my interest the entire book and was just the
Elizabeth
Oct 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Tl;dr: A short, sweet contemporary that's got a romance but better still, is refreshingly women positive.

I admit, I expected The Accidental Beauty Queen to be a quick, easy read. And it was, but unlike so many "chick lit" novels, or even (sad to say) many contemporary romances, this one was refreshingly devoid of any "beautiful=ugly on the inside" female characters.

The gist: Charlotte and Ginny are identical twin sisters, but Charlotte is an elementary school librarian (librarian yay!) and Ginny
Myrna
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
4-F318-D88-6-B40-4998-9816-392-EE4-B8-C03-F
As others have said, The Accidental Beauty Queen, is a mash-up of Harry Potter, The Parent Trap, Miss Congeniality, and Pride and Prejudice and I agree. This one is a fast read! I read this quick, fun, girly book in two days. I am no beauty queen nor do I have a sister but I enjoyed the story and characters. Teri Wilson is author I will keep my eye on.
Suzanne Leopold (Suzy Approved Book Reviews)
Ginny and Charlotte are identical twins. Although they look alike, their lives have taken very different directions. Ginny spends her time competing in beauty pageants and has worked hard to achieve some success. Her goal is to win the upcoming Miss American Treasure pageant- a title previously won by her mother. Charlotte is more introverted and is happy working as a librarian where she can enjoy her precious books. With little social overlap, the two sisters are not as close as most twins.

Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Love love love!!! What a fabulous story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I had so much fun reading this great story. It’s a bit of a rom-com but mainly it is a humorous look at the life of a beauty queen and her twin sister.

How can two sisters be complete opposite’s? As with any siblings we all have our own personalities. But these two twin sisters are close to being complete opposite’s, at least in the lifestyle portion. But what would you do for your twin?

This story was a riot. From the crazy Frenchie dog to
Chandra Claypool (wherethereadergrows)
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
This is the exact kind of read I need between all my twisted thriller and horror. Something light and fluffy - and yet somehow got me emotional. What the hell, Wilson?!

Look, I'm gonna be straight up. This book is predictable from beginning to end. But you know what? WHO CARES! Twins. Both have their strengths. One seemingly shines brighter. They trade places... things go wrong. An absolutely addictive read and while I never wanted a French bulldog before, I kind of do now... and name him Fang!

At
Samantha (WLABB)
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
My love for Hallmark movies is no secret, and when I saw that Teri Wilson had been involved with several particularly wonderful Hallmark films, I knew I had to read this book. I was expecting something light and fun, but still sweet and thoughtful, and Wilson more than met my expectations.

• Pro: I loved Charlotte. She was a bookish, nerdy librarian. How could I NOT love her?

• Pro: The exploration of sibling relationships is something I always enjoy, and this one was made that much more
Zoe Stewart (yerabooknerdzoe)
I thought this was super cute but nothing super special. I hated the main character at first, but she grew on me by the end. (view spoiler) There were a ton of HP references throughout, which is always a bonus for me. My only thing is she definitely thinks all Slytherins are evil and all Gryffindors are amazing. So wrong, but okay.

Overall it
Megha Patel
Sep 19, 2019 rated it liked it
I was surprised by this book. I listened to the audio book and literally finished it in one sitting. I enjoyed it for sure. The story line and how Charlotte came to grow and understand her twin a better through this experience was done really well. The part that I did not like a little was the “instalove” thing, we did not get to know much about Gray. His character seemed a little underdeveloped and I would have loved to see them interact more. Oh, another thing that I LOVED were all the Harry ...more
Kristy K
A cute fluffy book great for fans of romantic comedies, Miss Congeniality, and plots revolving around twins switching places.

Charlotte's identical twin sister is competing in the Miss America Treasure pageant when she suffers an allergic reaction. She convinces her shier, more homebody twin, Charlotte, to take her place in the preliminaries. There is a romance the buds between Charlotte and a guy she meets at the hotel that adds to the story, but ultimately this felt more of a quirky, adult
Jamie beauty_andthebook_
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
This was a fun look at twins and how insecurities can manifest when they grow up with titles like “the smart one” and “the pretty one.” Set in the world of beauty queen pageants makes this book seem light and fluffy but really has some good food for thought and I absolutely enjoyed it from start to finish!

I received an advance copy. All opinions are my own.
Tammy
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: release-2018
4.5 This was a quick, fun rom-com about twins that pull a switcheroo at the start of a Miss American Treasure pageant. IG Beauty queen Ginny suffers hives the night before her competition so Charlotte gets talked into switching places with her. Charlotte puts me in mind of a very bookish Grace Hart in the Miss Congeniality movie. She’s totally opposite of Ginny. Charlotte is a shy children’s librarian at an elementary school, never wears makeup, wears graphic t-shirts, is a Harry Potter nerd ...more
TL
Dec 20, 2018 rated it liked it
I received this via goodreads giveaways in exchange for an honest review. All my opinions are my own.
----

Wasn't super into it but a fun read. The sisters were fun to read about and I loved the dog but the love interest of the one fell flat for me.

Nice book to forget about real life for a bit. Very glad I'm not in the pageant world though (no offense to anyone).

Could see this being made into a movie one day.
Amy
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If ever a book was begging to be made into a movie The Accidental Beauty Queen is it! It was an absolutely adorable read and would be more than ideal as a rom com movie, it was perfection in my eyes and I’m so glad I read it before making my best of the year lists because this will definitely be on it!

This uses quite a few classic and well loved tropes that we’ve all seen before, but somehow Wilson manages to breathe fresh life into the story in such a charming way. Identical twins switch
melanie
Jan 03, 2019 rated it did not like it
DNF

I bailed out, screaming, at the paragraph where the heroine thinks the hero being more than passingly familiar with dog names from HARRY POTTER is somehow him dredging up an obscure lit reference. I’m a librarian and can’t deal with the idea that liking HP is a quirky character trait when that is far from me or most of my colleagues.

Didn’t make it far enough to see if heroine would make a snarky comment about how evil dog earing books is.
Janssen
May 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, chick-lit
This was so charming and sweet.
Kathy - Books & Munches
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s, read-in-2018
Once again, I wanted something light, romantic and hopefully funny. Did this novel succeed at fulfilling my needs?

Why yes. Yes, it did.

I was actually pretty blown away by Teri Wilson's writing! The story is told by Charlotte, the nerdy twin, who takes her sister's place in a beauty pageant after an unfortunate mishap. This actually makes for a very interesting point of view since we get the perspective of a person used to knowing about pageants, but not being an actual part of it until now.
Jackie
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways
I won this as a giveaway. This is an easy read that’s fun. Twin sisters who act nothing alike switch places when the “more attractive” beauty queen’s face swells up making her unable to compete. Hence the smarter, considered slighter more unattractive one has to fill in. Honestly it’s a slightly shallow book and full of cliches but I had a lot of fun reading it! Sometimes reading or watching a fun and feel good story is just what the doctor ordered!
Camille Maio
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In the style of Sophie Kinsella, Teri Wilson had me laughing and crying with THE ACCIDENTAL BEAUTY QUEEN. It was Parent Trap meets Pageant Life, a story full of sisterhood, love, and trying to do the right thing. If you judge books buy their covers, then this charming cover is a great start to what is gold in its pages. Enjoy!
Lori
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
What first attracted me to this book was the darling cover, but don’t let the pretty colors fool you. This book was a lighthearted read, but also touched on some serious topics like comparison, insecurities, and relationships. I thought the ending was just perfect. If you’re looking for something fun then this is the book for you.
Melissa
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Upon seeing the cover and reading the synopsis of this novel, I knew I had to include it in my TBR pile right away. I'm so glad I did, as I really enjoyed it. I even included it on my 2018 favorites at Chick Lit Central.

The Accidental Beauty Queen was such a fun and refreshing story. I easily connected with Charlotte and had such a great time seeing the pageant through her eyes. There were a lot of funny and entertaining moments, as well as some steamy ones. I even got teary-eyed at times.

Even
Kathryn
A well written light romantic comedy that was quick and easy to read. I found some laugh out moments and some endearing characters. This involves twins changing places - always fun. Worth the read.
Bex | TotallyBex.com
The Accidental Beauty Queen is a light and quick read with cute and quirky characters that I could totally see playing out on a movie channel. You have the mousier twin who never quite measures up to her beautiful beauty pageant-loving sister, the trading of places when one is too (temporarily) disfigured to compete, and the hilarity that ensues from said switch during the competition. It’s a made-for-TV movie waiting to happen.

The identical twins are 29 years old, live completely different
Kelli Roberts
Jun 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Totally sweet quick and easy read. While the main storyline is somewhat predictable, there are enough little surprises that keep it (more) interesting. Perfect summer read!

• Waiting for Tom Hanks (Waiting for Tom Hanks, #1)
  • Field Notes on Love
  • Meet Cute
  • The Mother-in-Law
  • Gravity Is the Thing
  • The Friend Zone
Teri Wilson is a Publishers Weekly bestselling author of romance, women's fiction and romantic comedy. Three of Teri's books have been adapted into Hallmark Channel Original Movies by Crown Media, including UNLEASHING MR. DARCY (plus its sequel MARRYING MR. DARCY), THE ART OF US and NORTHERN LIGHTS OF CHRISTMAS, based on her book SLEIGH BELL SWEETHEARTS. She is also a recipient of the prestigious ...more
“There's fire in my eyes and my lips are bee-stung, swollen with kisses. I look like a poem—something penned by Wordsworth, all dancing daffodils and smokeless air. I look like a woman in love.” 0 likes
“I'm still not Meg March or Jane Bennet. I'll always be a Jo or a Lizzie, no matter what kind of dress I wear or how I style my hair. But that's okay, because for once, I feel like the heroine of my own story. It's taken pretending to be someone else to make me realize who I actually am.” 0 likes