Start by marking “Me for You” as Want to Read:

Me for You

From the New York Times bestselling author of Good Grief comes a richly poignant and stirring story that asks: How soon is too soon to fall in love again?

The last thing Rudy expected was to wake up one Saturday morning, a widow at fifty-four years old. Now, ten months after the untimely death of his beloved wife, he’s still not sure how to move on from the defining tragedy
Expected publication: March 12th 2019 by Touchstone (first published December 4th 2018)

Win a Copy of This Book

Release date: Mar 12, 2019
    *ADVANCE READERS COPIES*

From the bestselling author of GOOD GRIEF comes ME FOR YOU, Lolly Winston's first novel in over a decade! Be one of the first

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 100 copies available, 909 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Dec 03 - Dec 28, 2018

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Me for You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Me for You

Kristen O'Daly
    Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
    Oh how I truly wanted to love this book like I did Good Grief, but unfortunately it just fell completely flat - a pale imitation with a similar plot line. The characters did not resonate and the plot did not hold together. There were random chapters focusing on the deceased wife which had no coherence and a barely believable murder theme that came out of left field.
    Ellen
    Nov 03, 2018 rated it liked it
    Rudy’s wife dies unexpectedly, plunging Rudy into grief and depression. As a part-time piano player in Nordstrom, Rudy befriends Sasha, a salesperson who has also suffered an unimaginable tragedy. As Sasha and Rudy begin a relationship, Rudy falls victim to his deep depression. An interesting story, with different characters and a hopeful story line. I liked it.
    Kim Prine
    Oct 16, 2018 rated it did not like it
    I tried really hard to get interested in this book. I got 35% through and finally gave up. The story is a great one there just wasn’t anything there to keep me interested.
    Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
    Recommends it for: Toni
    Shelves: general-fiction
    *Review is of an advanced copy

Lolly Winston's Good Grief was one of those books that took me by surprise. It was an unexpected pleasure; sad, funny, relatable. Therefore, I squealed in delight upon spying a third novel from the talented author. I didn't even bother to read the back cover, merely plucked it from the ARC shelf and raced home.
    At first, it seemed as though Me for You might simply be a retelling of Good Grief albeit this time with the roles reversed. However, although there are defi
    Tracy
    Nov 18, 2018 rated it liked it
    I am and will continue to be a huge Lolly Winston fan, but I have to say I was a bit disappointed in this one. Good Grief is one of my favorite books of all time, and it felt a little like Winston was trying to go back there and bring up all the same feelings, but not as successfully. It was still a sweet story, and I really liked the depiction of grief as being normal and okay. But for me, this was done so beautifully in Good Grief that such a similar story looking to evoke similar emotions was ...more
    erica
    Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
    This is a gentle story. Sad and yet hopeful. But it’s quiet with most of the plot taking place in the characters’ thoughts. I really enjoyed the book and found it very authentic. But I can see from other reviews that it isn’t for everyone. Thanks to NetGalley and the publishers for the arc.
    Susan
    Dec 05, 2018
    Bobbe
    Dec 03, 2018
    Nikola
    rated it did not like it
    Aug 02, 2018
    Lynn
    Jenny
    Amy Atwood
    Jun 05, 2018
    Born and raised in the glamorous insurance capital of Hartford, Conn., Lolly Winston holds an MFA in creative writing from Sarah Lawrence College, where she wrote a collection of short stories as her thesis.

Her first novel, Good Grief, published in 2004, was a New York Times best-seller, a #1 Book Sense pick, and was translated into 15 languages. The film rights have been optioned by Universal St