Start by marking “The Bridge Kingdom (The Bridge Kingdom, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Bridge Kingdom (The Bridge Kingdom, #1)

The Bridge Kingdom

(The Bridge Kingdom #1)

Length: 11 hrs and 52 mins

What if you fell in love with the one person you'd sworn to destroy?

Lara has only one thought for her husband on their wedding day: I will bring your kingdom to its knees. A princess trained from childhood to be a lethal spy, Lara knows that the Bridge Kingdom represents both legendary evil - and legendary promise. The only route through a storm-r
Audible Audio, Unabridged
Published October 16th 2018 by Audible Originals

To ask other readers questions about The Bridge Kingdom, please sign up.
Danielle Jensen It will be coming out first as an audiobook (Audible Originals in October 2018), with the ebook and physical book to follow. I don't have details on t…moreIt will be coming out first as an audiobook (Audible Originals in October 2018), with the ebook and physical book to follow. I don't have details on the release dates for those editions just yet, but I will share them when I do.(less)

Start your review of The Bridge Kingdom (The Bridge Kingdom, #1)
Helena of Eretz ✰
“I will be the next Queen of Ithicana. And I will bring the Bridge Kingdom to its knees.”

description

ENEMIES TO LOVERS COMBINED WITH A MARRIAGE OF CONVENIENCE IS THE BEST MIX OF TROPES EVER CONCEIVED. IT JUST IS. I DON’T MAKE THE RULES. (For others, see: Falling Kingdoms, The Cruel Prince, Serpent & Dove, Cruel Beauty, Spinning Silver…)

description

This is a re-read in preparation for the sequel, The Traitor Queen, releasing in September, but I had initially picked up this gem on a whim. I was bored and the synopsis was
jessica
Jul 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
okayyy fine. i guess i will give this five stars because i really have no reason not to. ignore the fact that the cover is sporting some seriously awkward video game-esque graphics, because its so not representative of this wholly engaging story.

have i read this kind of story before? oh yeah. many times. the whole ‘enemies to lovers’ via a girl infiltrating another kingdom through marriage is one of my favourite plot devices, so this rating is probably quite biased. but theres something about t
Danielle Jensen
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
You can read the first 6 chapters for FREE! https://dl.bookfunnel.com/uc54a6937e

This book was so much fun to write – pure entertainment with its action, intrigue, and steamy romance! And I hope you all feel the same way when you read it!

Unlike my other novels, The Bridge Kingdom is NOT Young Adult. Please shelve as New Adult Fantasy, Adult Fantasy, or Adult Romantic Fantasy. The characters are 20 (Lara) and 25 (Aren).

TW: Profanity, explicit sexual content, alcohol consumption, and violence.

For t
Ida
Apr 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
⭐4 - 4.5 stars ⭐

This book royally screwed with my emotions! Do yourself a favour- don't start this book until the next one is released September 1 2020, because you'll want to read it straight after! Or you could always start reading it now and join my pity-party when you realise how long you actually have to wait until you'll be able to finish the story!
description

For fifteen years, she’d been trained how to infiltrate an impenetrable kingdom.
How to discover weaknesses and exploit them.
How
Riley
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
actual rating: 4.5
• Lindsey Dahling •
If you’re a fan of the A Court of Thorns and Roses series and/or The Bargainer series, drop everything you’re doing AND READ THIS BOOK RIGHT FUCKING NOW.

NOT KIDDING. RIGHT NOW.

I can’t even tell you why because spoilers. Just trust me. TRUST ME, OKAY.

I just finished it and my heart is still racing. I can’t handle it. IT WAS SO GOOD. It doesn’t have Fae or magic or any elements like that in it, but you ACOTAR/Bargainer/good book fans especially NEED TO READ IT BECAUSE OMGGGGGGG.

FOCUS, LINDSEY. F
Elise Kova
I LOVED this book. Heart-pounding romance and intense action wrapped in a spellbinding world. I was hooked from the first page!

So excited it's now available in paperback, hardcover, AND audiobook formats!!
Nenia ⚔️ Queen of Villainy ⚔️ Campbell
What if you fell in love with the one person you'd sworn to destroy?

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY
Lea
“I love you," he said, his lips grazing against hers. "And I will love you, no matter what the future brings. No matter how hard I need to fight. I will always love you.”

This book has ruined me completely. Emotionally, physically, mentally. Very few novels have ever elicited such a strong emotional response from me, and yet…. I actually felt sick to my stomach while reading the twists and betrayals in this book. It’s all I can think about.

And it’s shocking because…. I initially didn’t like
Stacey is Sassy
I’m glad I found this new author to me…

The first chapter of The Bridge Kingdom had me grinning. I knew deep down it was a little sick that I was grinning because there were murder and mayhem all around. But, I saw (heard) beyond what I was supposed to see (hear). With my fingers crossed, and my heart pounding, I hoped that this evil creature could be a chameleon.

Happy dances…I found an epic tale!!!

Our heroine is portrayed as an intense, greedy and self-serving woman whose ambition leads her on a
Deborah Obida
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult, fantasy
This is my second series by the author and I have to admit I love her books, they might not be mind blowing yet but they are sure to be awesome and live you shocked.

The author used one of my favourite troupe, enemies to lovers. The plot follows two protagonists Aren and Lara who are both the progeny of two monarchs. The both were betrothed to get married at a very young age, the problems are their kingdoms are enemies and they have never met.

Isn't that a fun plot, well it was too me. The world b
Emma☀️
I’m rating this based on my enjoyment level and... I really enjoyed this! The Bridge Kingdom has a perfect blend of political intrigue, romance and action. I was pleasantly surprised.

The book follows Lara on her journey to spy (and assassinate) the king of Ithicana, Aren, and in her quest in doing so, she starts warming up to him and uncover hidden conspiracies.

The world-building was good but it did confuse me at times. I loved learning about Ithicana and Maridrina. The way Jensen described It
Ashlee » Library In The Country
What was the last book you started that you knew would be an immediate five stars just from the first chapter?

THIS is the New Adult book I’ve been looking for. Fantasy and angsty romance all wrapped up in a beautiful enemies to lovers package.
Ann (annreads)
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW THAT WAS UTTERLY INCREDIBLE
I’m calling it, this book may be one of the best and most refreshing things I’ve read in all year! To say that I loved it would be an understatement, since I just finished it and already want to read it all over again *new favorite alert🚨*

I’ll try to write a review as soon as possible, but know that you’re totally missing out if you don’t pick up this one!

5/5★★★★★
nicklein
Jun 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
wow those last few chapters definitely shortened my lifespan geez
politetemper
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars?

OK, I was really looking forward to this book.

I have mixed feelings.

I thought Lara was going to be this really strong female character who's methodical and mysterious and didn't do anything without thought...but this wasn't the case. I find it hard to like someone - anyone- who doesn't question everything. Knowing the type of person her father was and knowing how little he cares about his OWN DAUGHTERS, I just didn't understand how she just took his word for everything. If it was me, I
Katrin D
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
This story wasn't bad, just...mediocre. The setting was the most unique part by far and if there's anything worth the time spent reading/listening to this book, this is it. The rest: the premise, the love story, the plot, they were all quite predictable and cliche.

I honestly don't know if I'll continue the series, but I guess we'll see once the second book comes out.
Levie
Almost DNF @ hour 4:26:50. And many times after that.

I would call this a diet fantasy. Which is neither good nor bad, simply a preference. If you loved Throne of Glass and favored Aelin over Celaena than this is for you. That being said, I do think the characters were a little less compelling than I would have liked.

I had a huge problem with the language used. The way people spoke and the way things were described was like a blend of medieval and modern language, which was jarring for me as the
melissafandomworld
What a truly enjoyable read this was and one that leaves me aching and in need of the next installment. I already fell in love with Danielle's writing when reading her prior written YA books, the malediction trilogy and Dark Shores, and I'm glad to say that her venture into New Adult romance was a success as well.

There's a really interesting world I got to know here, including politics and amazing settings. I loved exploring this world, a world that could be so brutal at times, and already can'
Sentranced Jem
Jul 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My fear of snakes just went up a notch. Actually It has grown in leaps and bounds, after reading The Bridge Kingdom, to the point where I'll probably have nightmares tonight but I still really enjoyed reading this book.
Lia Carstairs
I really, really, really wanted to love this book, but honestly.........
I'm just happy I finally finished it.😔

The beginning really got me excited for the rest of The Bridge Kingdom, but then eventually I felt like the excitement was dying down and the pacing got super slow.
I was tempted to DNF halfway, but I mean, I was almost done so I thought that I might as well finish the rest. I don't know, I just go so bored.

I liked Lara in the beginning and found her cool, but that was probably it. A
Jessica {Litnoob}
Oh my sweet baby Jesus how the fuck can a book break me like this????

Dude honestly this was a wild ride and I don’t want to give any spoilers because I want everyone to read it. Seriously, you need to read this book. But I will tell you guys all the things that make this book so worth the funds.

The world building is amazing. We start out knowing as little as Lara does about the world, we have some tales whispered negatively about others but we learn in real time with the queen and it’s something
Fae Crate
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
HOW MUCH LOVE CAN I ANNOUNCE TO THE WORLD THAT I HAVE FOR THIS BOOK.

Okay so this book is HAWT and LOVELY. This is a slooooow burn romance that builds so much tension that you feel like a rubber band pulled at it’s max. I was rooting for this romance so hard you guys. The ship has sailed and gone around the galaxy and back for this couple. They both deserve love and DECENCY in their lives and deserve it from one another.

The world building of The Bridge Kingdom is beautiful and lush and full of
Nasom
Apr 11, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eh, Nice concept (enemy-to-lover trope) but not so great execution. It could have been better without a clueless main character (talking to you Aren) and a rushed ending.
Anca
I was expecting a lot more from Danielle L. Jensen, I grew to love her The Malediction Trilogy and was expecting a inticately and beautifully written story. The Bridge Kingdom, however, was so disappointing. There are some HIGH reviews for this and I am just scratching my head wondering if I read the same book as everyone else.

This was filled with fluff, lacked character and plot development, I struggled to finish it and skimmed through several parts.

There is nothing I liked about our "heroine
Tabi  (ᕗツ)ᕗ
Jul 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Tabi (ᕗツ)ᕗ by: Helena of Eretz ✰
"You have one year. Do not falter. Do not fail."

description

Oh, it has been a long time since I've had the sheer pleasure of reading such a masterful fantasy like this book. This book gave me all the tropes I love in the right ways while STILL managing to catch me off guard and leave me breathless. If you think that Throne of Glass is THE princess-assassin book . . . think again. This author managed to give me everything I craved from Sarah J. Maas and others writing in the same genre vein AND MORE beca
Christa
Enemies to lovers fantasy romance

Rtc
~~~~~~~~

I’m looking forward to reading this when it comes out in print/ebook format. I have nothing against audiobook readers (they were a game changer for my blind grandmother) but my mind can’t focus on just audiobooks.
Ines Marcella
3.5
Actually I love this book so much and even told myself this is gonna be one of my favourite, well at least for the beginning.
Idk duhhh it’s tough going through those last chapters 😔
Rê

4.5 “Where is the sequel?” Stars

I should start by saying I'm happy I waited this long to read this book because it means I'll wait less to read the sequel. Though two months still feel like a LONG time.

I loved this. The writing was...OMG, the writing was beautiful. The slow burn was the slowest torture ever and I loved every second of it. The angst especially in the end broke my heart, and the chemistry between Lara and Aren made me sigh and fan myself. And though Aren is an amazing hero, Laura
Breanna
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THIS REVIEW & MORE → Paws and Paperbacks

This book was 100% worth the wait. Danielle L. Jensen promised a badass heroine, a lushly unique world, and a compelling hate-to-love romance and boy, did she delivered. The Bridge Kingdom is a book I’ve been waiting for ever since it was first announce and it definitely did not disappoint!

The action begins right off the back and it does not hold back! I was hooked from the first chapter, which instantly had me loving the heroine, Lara. The book first port

• From Blood and Ash (Blood and Ash, #1)
  • Promise of Darkness (Dark Court Rising, #1)
  • The Shadows Between Us
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • Fortune Favors the Cruel (Dark Maji, #1)
  • The Hunt (The Twisted Kingdoms #1)
  • When Wishes Bleed (When Wishes Bleed, #1)
  • Fierce Heart (Elven Alliance, #1)
  • War of Hearts (True Immortality #1)
  • Thief of Dreams (Court of Dreams, #0.5)
  • Oath Taker (Kingdom of Runes, #1)
  • Blessed be the Wicked (Dark Maji, #2)
  • Winter (Evermore Academy #1)
  • Curse Breaker (Kingdom of Runes, #2)
  • Twisted is the Crown (Dark Maji, #3)
  • For King and Corruption (Dark Maji, #4)
  • King Maker (Kingdom of Runes, #3)
Danielle L. Jensen is the USA Today bestselling author of The Malediction Trilogy (Angry Robot), the Dark Shores series (Tor Teen), and The Bridge Kingdom series (Audible Originals). She lives in Calgary, Alberta with her family.

I would love to be your friend on Goodreads!

The Bridge Kingdom (4 books)
  • The Traitor Queen (The Bridge Kingdom #2)
  • Untitled (The Bridge Kingdom #3)
  • Untitled (The Bridge Kingdom, #4)

News & Interviews