Start by marking “The Bridge Kingdom (The Bridge Kingdom series, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Bridge Kingdom (The Bridge Kingdom series, #1)

The Bridge Kingdom

(The Bridge Kingdom #1)

What if you fell in love with the one person you'd sworn to destroy?

Lara has only one thought for her husband on their wedding day: I will bring your kingdom to its knees. A princess trained from childhood to be a lethal spy, Lara knows that the Bridge Kingdom represents both legendary evil - and legendary promise. The only route through a storm-ravaged world, the Bridge
Audible Audio
Published October 16th 2018 by Audible Originals, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Bridge Kingdom, please sign up.
Danielle Jensen It will be coming out first as an audiobook (Audible Originals in October 2018), with the ebook and physical book to follow. I don't have details on…moreIt will be coming out first as an audiobook (Audible Originals in October 2018), with the ebook and physical book to follow. I don't have details on the release dates for those editions just yet, but I will share them when I do.(less)

Danielle Jensen
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
THE BRIDGE KINGDOM is officially DONE! This book was so much fun to write – pure entertainment with its action, intrigue, and steamy romance! And I hope you all feel the same way when you read it!

For those of you who have asked about the print/ebook release: The Bridge Kingdom will be released in both those formats after the audio exclusive period is over, which will be in 2019. When I have specific dates, I'll share them!

For those of you looking for spelling of character names and places, I hav
Stacey is Sassy
I’m glad I found this new author to me…

The first chapter of The Bridge Kingdom had me grinning. I knew deep down it was a little sick that I was grinning because there were murder and mayhem all around. But, I saw (heard) beyond what I was supposed to see (hear). With my fingers crossed, and my heart pounding, I hoped that this evil creature could be a chameleon.

Happy dances…I found an epic tale!!!

Our heroine is portrayed as an intense, greedy and self-serving woman whose ambition leads her on a
Ann (annreads)
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW THAT WAS UTTERLY INCREDIBLE
I’m calling it, this book may be one of the best and most refreshing things I’ve read in all year! To say that I loved it would be an understatement, since I just finished it and already want to read it all over again *new favorite alert🚨*

I’ll try to write a review as soon as possible, but know that you’re totally missing out if you don’t pick up this one!

5/5★★★★★
Katrin D
Nov 29, 2018 rated it liked it
This story wasn't bad, just...mediocre. The setting was the most unique part by far and if there's anything worth the time spent reading/listening to this book, this is it. The rest: the premise, the love story, the plot, they were all quite predictable and cliche.

I honestly don't know if I'll continue the series, but I guess we'll see once the second book comes out.
Melissa
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy cow! What a ride this story was! This book (as of now) is only available as an audio book. I have never ever experienced an audio book like this one. Never. I was terrified to finish it. Seriously. I was terrified. I knew what what going to happen. It was obvious from almost the beginning what was going to happen. And I did. not. want. to. hear. it. Not at all. I got about 90% finished, and I had to turn off my audible app on my phone because I was making myself sick with worry. And then I ...more
Sheharzad ⚘
Aug 23, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: ya-fantasy
A princess trained to be a lethal spy is sent to marry the king of an enemy realm. But complications arise when she finds herself falling for the man she was raised to destroy.
ugh, yes. this is one of my favourite tropes and i will never tire of it. besides, october 2018 ain't that far away either!!
Erika (The Nocturnal Fey)
THIS IS ME AFTER I FINISHED THE BRIDGE KINGDOM:

Full review soon
Melissa (The Reader & The Chef)
I LOVED The Bridge Kingdom! Had the awesome opportunity to read early and I can tell you the audiobook will be EPIC! Lara is so fierce and Aren so... *swoons*. You need this book in your life!
Samantha
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The first chapter will have you hooked. After that, it’s nonstop until the end. I loved every minute of this. Danielle L. Jensen is the next rising star in both young adult and adult fantasy. Can’t wait to read more from her and specifically this series!
Keonah
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A pretty good book. It is marketed as a YA book but I read it as an adult and was happy with it but there are a few profanities and a few situations that are sexually suggestive for which are not appropriate for a young teen. I would say 16 and above for this book. That being said, the characters are well written, the dual narration made for an enjoyable listen on audible, and the situations felt real and not at all contrived. I enjoyed going along for the ride with these characters and hoped th ...more
Hannah
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The intrigue and plot of this book is up to snuff with the fabulous Malediction series.

I enjoyed the political scheming and slow burn romance immensely, but I grudgingly gave it a 5. The more, ahem, racy moments she included were not my cup of tea and the writing would have been much improved without it.

Still, Lara’s journey may be one of my all-time faves and I can’t wait to see what she does now unleashed.
Peter Tieryas
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved the Malediction Trilogy and this is so great! A more full review to come!
Levie
Almost DNF @ hour 4:26:50. And many times after that.

I would call this a diet fantasy. Which is neither good nor bad, simply a preference. If you loved Throne of Glass and favored Aelin over Celaena than this is for you. That being said, I do think the characters were a little less compelling than I would have liked.

I had a huge problem with the language used. The way people spoke and the way things were described was like a blend of medieval and modern language, which was jarring for me as the
Christa
Oct 16, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tbr-not-released
I’m looking forward to reading this when it comes out in print/ebook format. I have nothing against audiobook readers (they were a game changer for my blind grandmother) but my mind can’t focus on just audiobooks.
Sofi Acuña Ferro
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
UMMMMM WHAT
EXCUSE YOU
Creo que es tiene el mejor primer capítulo que leí en la vida aprox.
I'm trash for them i love this
Kristine
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an unusual event in the fact that I had bought the book on Audible based on the summary but took a while before it was up on my list to start. I like to go back and forth between listening and reading, as nighttime is my favorite time to read and I can read much faster than it takes to listen. Anyway - the reason for this information was that as I began to look for the book to find it in its eBook version, I wasn't having any luck...ANYWHERE. It took me a while to realize that it was be ...more
Aya Phillips
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What the heck, man. That ending is criminal.
Chloe Sullivan
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
No Spoilers, so feel free to read on weary traveler!

The Bridge Kingdom is everything I wanted it to be and not at all what I expected. I went into this book searching for a cure for my Wickid King hangover. It provided me roughly two days of solace before casting me into yet another painful throb of heartache.

First of all, as a 24 year old lover of all things fantasy, it is not easy finding a book that scratches all the itches of desire one craves. Danielle L. Jensen does it well! This book con
Kim Shewfelt
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Took a minute to get into, but then boom! Whhhhhyyyy do I have to wait until fall 😫
Chelsey Ivanchan
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It’s only available on Audible as an Original but it’s sooo worth the buy or credit! I will also be buying the hard copy once published. Highly recommend!!
Desiree Ca
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Action, adventure, besides profanity, & romance very good story line... can't wait for next installment
Alex
Oh my God I loved this book so damn much. It was addicting, thrilling, and mysterious. I listened to this on audiobook (which I believe is the only way you can get it for right now) and i was in love from chapter one. I enjoyed every bit of it and o have no real complaints (except for one thing which I'll get to in a minute). Ultimately, if I could make every fantasy lover read this book, I would. The politics was absolutely fascinating, and so was the culture of Ithicana (I'm sorry if I misspel ...more
Toni
This is one of the best, most delicious, most incredible, on the edge of my seat fantasy’s I’ve read ever. And I’m in love. I want a dozen copies. I want the sequels. I want it to never end. I’m still crying over all the shit that happened and I’m still in total shock over all the shit that happened. I’m this series’ #1 fan. We forever stan Danielle L. Jensen in this household. I’m literally freaking out. What do I do now? Where do I go? How do I go on???

Im literaLLY FREAKING OUT??!!!!
Thalyta Haiden
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh.
MY.
GAWD.
I had read Stolen Songbird by Danielle waaaayyy back when it first came out, and although I liked it, it wasn't my favorite reading.
But this.
THIS.
THISSSSS.
I have been searching for really good fantasy that would help me write my own novel, and this . . . this was it. This triggered all my emotions, all my senses, my imagination . . . the dialogue, the characters, the setting, the plot are all gorgeous. This is going on my favorite book read ever right next to Diana Gabaldon's Outl
Andrea Clark
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I loved the Malediction series and if it's possible I think I love this one even more. Finishing this book in less than 24 hours it's no surprise that this book has made it to the top of my list of best reads in 2018.

The characters were fun and witty, passionate and strong. First person point of view switching between Lara and Aren throughout the book, which I thought was expertly done. I really enjoyed the duel perspective, it certainly brought the story together delving into both their lives.
Julia
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook
Truly amazing.
All the twists and turns and the development of every situation keeps you on the edge of your seat at all times.
Marnise
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I literally have done nothing else but read this book! In between work, school, life! It is my # 1 read for the year and might just be my top 5 of all time. It made the perfect audiobook. The narrators were great the sound effects were so atmospheric and on point.

Laura and Orin are two of my favorite couples. The whole plot was just wow guys and this literally had the best first chapter I’ve ever read.

I already want to reread this and I purposely read this at 1.0 speed where normally I listen
Saleha
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing story!!

I loved this book!! For the briefest of moments it took me in to the world of the Bridge kingdom with Lara and Aren fighting the sea and sharks and all the surrounding armies that wanted the control of the Bridge! It is a wonderfully well written book with a very good character description and the inner turmoils of a spy. The chemistry between Aren and Lara was very well depicted.

All in all it was a very refreshing read! Five stars to it without a doubt!
Allyson Taylor
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really great story, bits of it frustrated me because of how secretive both of the main characters could be! But of course being from different kingdoms that's a given. Definitely looking forward to a sequel, intense cliffhanger here.
Rachel's Book Reviews
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of the most flawlessly written books I've ever read/listened to. Definitely in the NA/Adult fantasy category. I listened to the audiobook.
Cliffhanger alert. I'm lowkey mad that I read it so quick because who knows when book #2 will be out. hahaha.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Seven Devils (Seven Devils, #1)
  • Feels (Impostors, #2)
  • Untitled Standalone
  • Untitled
  • Skyhunter
  • The Half King (Untitled #1)
  • The Lovely and the Lost
  • Into the Crooked Place (Into the Crooked Place #1)
  • Fireborne (The Aurelian Cycle #1)
  • The Magnolia Sword: A Ballad of Mulan
  • Defy the Fates (Constellation, #3)
  • The Chosen One (The Chosen One, #1)
  • What Monstrous Gods
  • Untitled
  • Incendiary
  • The Harp of Kings
  • The Other Side of the Sky (Untitled #1)
  • Sword Catcher (Sword Catcher, #1)
Danielle L. Jensen is the USA Today bestselling author of The Malediction Novels: Stolen Songbird, Hidden Huntress, Warrior Witch, and The Broken Ones. Her upcoming novels are THE BRIDGE KINGDOM, which will be released by Audible Originals in October, 2018 and DARK SHORES, which will be released by Tor Teen in May, 2019. She lives with her family in Calgary, Canada.

I would love to be your friend o