Start by marking “Mentor: Purity and Control 2” as Want to Read:
Mentor: Purity and Control 2

Mentor: Purity and Control 2

(The God Jars Saga #5)

Valis must step up as a mentor, but two highly suspicious men may ruin everything.

Something is wrong with Vohan and Xetar—two reliquary guards who have just returned from field duty. They are adamant that Valis is a spy for Qos because of the black magic he wields. Valis insists their malevolence is more than war trauma, but no one—not even his closest friends—believe him.
Kindle Edition, 1 edition, 258 pages
Published March 6th 2018 by Magelight Press

To ask other readers questions about Mentor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mentor

Start your review of Mentor: Purity and Control 2
Becca
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can not believe how amazing this series has gotten with every book. I love it. Absolutely love it. But as much as I love it, I'm also saddened by what Valis has to go through. It's a rough road he's having to travel and at every turn, he's being ambushed with something.
When Valis and Tab and everyone returned home, he couldn't have been happier. He was home. In a place where he finally felt he belonged. Until Aryn came and started things off bad. When he found out Valis and Tav were courting a
Tanya
Jun 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
They have come back from war and they accuse him of being a spy. He tries to get others to realise something else is going on with them. He needs to get someone to help.him or he will lose everything. Can he stop them? Will anyone believe him

Natosha Wilson
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
With each and every book, this series just keeps getting better and better and when each book has ended...I am left waiting impatiently waiting for the next book. This book especially left me wanting the next book in the series as quickly as I can get it. Devon Vespar has an incredible series with this series.

This book picks up with where the last book left off. Valis, Tavros, Seza, and Zhasina have just arrived back home after being gone for months rescuing the caravan that they left to help.
Meg
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 🌟 rounded up

This is book two in the Purity and Control trilogy, or book five in the God Jars saga. As with the others, the storyline flows nicely from the previous book, Support. It is nice to see that as Valis is growing into his powers and role in the war to come, he is learning better control over his emotions. I say that, only because most of the crying has dried up; not because Valis's emotions play no role in the story. Actually, that is far from the case.

In this book, Valis finds hims
blub
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Valis and party return to the Avristin (home to the monastery) But their return isn’t as joyous as Valis or Tavros would have it when the two encounter two fellow Aesriphos (paladins) just as they are trying to get to their rooms. They act very hostile towards Valis and after just returning to his room, two end up barging in to attack Valis. Valis being Valis decides not to let them bother his life but when the two continue to act out and start turning Valis’s students on him. Valis has no choic ...more
Chelle Britton
Just when you thought he couldn't get better. Devon Vesper's character, Valis, is my all time favorite in MM fantasy. And it's for a simple reason: character development. Valis started this series as scared and powerless, but turned into this complete bada** who'd killed anyone who threatened him and his (in battle), but all the while maintaining his sensitive and caring soul. Mentor, book 5 in the God Jars series, gives you a look into exactly how far he has come in his development. There's ton ...more
tammy rufo
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
i love valis and tavros! this was a great book, they keep getting better and hotter. but like always something always has to cause problems. this time it comes from Vohan and Xetar—two reliquary guards. they do everything they can to hurt valis and turn the other guards against him. then there is Aryn, Tavros's younger brother. he is totally infatuated with Valis, and a side from a few threats hasn't done much this book...i fear he will play a bigger part in the next book Betrayal. i mean the na ...more
Tony Williamson
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great book in this series. Valis has the world weighing on his shoulders. Just when he thought he could live a peaceful life among his fiends, his lover Tavros and finally finding some common ground with his birth father (and that is tricky when he is living inside of you...wow!) All hell is about to break loose in an all out war with the adherents of Qo's. Then again, Hell hath no fury like a lover scorned, even if that loves is one sided.This series just gets better with each page read ...more
Amanda
Jan 16, 2020 rated it liked it
I’m having a hard time rating this book. It still was amazing, and had a lot of the things I’ve come to expect and enjoy from this series, I just couldn’t help but wish for more. I feel like we got a lot of background, a lot of insight into what can and may happen next, but a lot less action. I think it was kind of a case of a sophomore slump, as I believe we are ramping up to a heavy hitting end to this portion of the series. Still thoroughly enjoyed it, still can’t wait to move on to the next ...more
R
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, m-m, reviewed, series
Valis and Tavros have settled into their relationship. They have absolute trust in each other.
When Valis is tasked with teaching the Aesriphos his way of making magic (thinking what he needs, not praying for it). It seems that everyone is against them.

I really like the love is developing between the main characters. A couple of interesting surprises added to the enjoyment of the book. The world building keeps getting better. The writing is very easy to read. I like that the sense of doom is bei
Janet Hunt
Aug 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the second in the trilogy. Valis finds himself being bullied. But as he hides inside himself, he’s strong on the outside. Valis, Tavros, Seza, and Zhasina begins training but unfortunately there is trouble amongst the ranks. There is fear among the guards. When things get really bad, Thyran steps in and calms the guard. Well written, strong characters, and fantastic story line. I am voluntarily leaving a review form an ARC that I received. My reviews are solely based on my thoughts and o ...more
Xochitl
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am impressed by this amazing world, built by Devon Vesper and how the story of Valis and Tavros is evolving. Struggling with danger, intrigue and betrayal with the enemy hidden inside an unexpected place, but of course with their relationship getting stronger, this book left some questions open and the adventure will continue. I can’t wait for the next book in this fantastic series.
I received this book as an ARC and this is my honest opinion.
Michelle
Another book in this amazing series that managed to keep me rapidly turning to the next page. Aenali is a bit more of a focus in this novel, and there is also the introduction of Xetar and Vohan who make Malfoy look like he was treating Harry kindly. A bit more sexy times in this book and some cleverly introduced magic powers. Times seem desperate, then they're not, and then they are again. Yes, another cliffhanger to add to the pile, so on to the next book!
EQUUS
Aug 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Valis and his friends are returning to Avristin, but this time it is not the safe place it used and supposed to be. He needs to find inner strength and control to fight for himself and maintain his duties at the same time. It's a precarious balance to achieve, but he's growing with every challenge thrown in his way although that comes with emotional price to pay. I can't emphasize enough how good and addictive this series is. Can't wait for more.
Siobhan Flynn
Sep 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
I absolutely love that Valis and Tavros have made their relationship official and continue to grow. Valis does sometimes get overwhelmed with all his responsibilities but has the power to accomplish alot now. There is dangers lurking in the shadow and Aryn is being bitter about Valis and Tavros being together but there is hope he will ultimately be happy for them both. An epic fantasy and romance that just keeps getting better as the story progresses.
Tammy
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Story has a nice pace, and enough going on to keep my interest till the end. Love the characters the author made for the series. I hope others enjoy the series as much as I have. Loving the series. The chemistry between Tavros and Valis is slowly getting hotter.
“I voluntarily reviewed an advance copy of this book and was not required to leave a review.”
Thank you for sharing your book with us.
Joscelyn Smith
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series is a must read for anyone who loves sword and sorcery fantasy. I swear that Valis can't seem to catch a break, every battle won and every obstacle surmounted just makes way for an even greater danger to be faced. As always Mentor ends and leaves me with a desperate need for the next book and this ending is a doozy because the most recent dangers are hitting closer and closer to home.
Scarolet Ellis
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mentor: Purity and Control 2 (The God Jars Saga 5) by Devon Vesper is a great book to read. This is book number five in this great series. I really enjoyed reading this story and I highly recommend this to everyone.

Patricia Nelson
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This fantastic, grab-you-by-the-feels, nail biting, keep-you-on-the-edge-of-your-seat, gripping, poignant, powerful, slow burning, amazing, and totally awesome tale had me hooked from beginning to end. I can't wait to see what happens next.
Trefoil
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book number five was quite enjoyable. The ending made me really anxious about book number six...a part of me cant wait while the other part is afraid. Also, I miss Kerac and Doralen so much!! Haven't seen them in the series since book number two. I hope that changes soon.
LOLA
What a fantastic series.
Will keep you up late looking for more.
Kaila
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
good story... good characters.. fast paced and interesting topic and plot.. the emotions are real and fun to read and feel with them. i liked it
Gema Cela rodríguez
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Centered in Valis and Tavros's training, it makes the overall story advance quite nicely having also an interesting side story to keep your attention.
Nicholas Hackwell
CassieX
Jul 09, 2018
Michael
Mar 25, 2019

• Stacking the Deck (The Kings: Wild Cards, #1)
  • The Soldati Prince (Soldati Hearts, #1)
  • Unnatural (The Wrong Alpha, #1)
  • Ruler (Wolves of Royal Paynes #2)
  • Protecting Peter (Bodyguard Pack #2)
  • Modern Warfare (Covert Affairs #2)
  • Convincing Conrad (Bodyguard Pack, #1)
  • His Ranch Hand
  • Wild Warrior (Weavers Circle #2)
  • The Fantastic Fluke
  • On the Wings of War (Soulbound #5)
  • Hero (Wolves of Royal Paynes #1)
  • Revelations (Fire & Brimstone Scroll #1)
  • The Alpha and His King (Kincaid Pack #1)
  • Clean Up on Aisle Mine (A Spy Like Me #1)
  • All Kidding Aside (Magical Mates #1)
  • Huntsman (Fox Hollow Zodiac, #1)
  • Best Laid Plans (Best Men Inc. #1)

The God Jars Saga (9 books)
  • Saviors: Duty and Sacrifice 1