Start by marking “Bite Me If You Can (Argeneau #6)” as Want to Read:
Bite Me If You Can (Argeneau #6)

Bite Me If You Can

(Argeneau #6)

Once Bitten...

One minute Leigh is walking home in the early hours of the morning, and the next a vampire is sinking his teeth into her neck. Turns out it was a rogue vampire marked for termination, but it does Leigh little good because the damage's already been done. She's become one of them.

Lucian Argeneau, hunter of rogue vampires, has been alive for over two thousand

Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published January 30th 2007 by Avon

Jilly
One of my very favorite things in books is when something or someone not human is trying to "human". If it's written correctly, it will always be funny and endearing. This story did a good job with it. Lucian is over 2,000 years old and really has no idea. He lost his humanity so long ago that he doesn't even know it's gone. Well... doesn't care. If not giving a shit was money, he'd be a billionaire. Wait, that's not my favorite analogy. Money is fine, but still. Okay, if not giving a shit was c ...more
Shannon (Giraffe Days)
Nov 01, 2007 rated it really liked it
This story centres on Lucian, the twin brother of Jean-Claude, Marguerite's deceased husband (making Lucian the uncle of Lucern etc.). He's one of the "original" immortals, and has lived for over two thousand years. He's on the Council and hunts down rogue vampires. It's while he's on the hunt for another ancient vampire, Morgan, who has started his own "nest", that he encounters Leigh. Morgan has just turned her but she hasn't yet gone through the painful process when Lucian grudgingly rescues ...more
Umaiya ✨Insignificant September✨
So at this point I think I can safely wash my hands off this series.

I think I've read. . . five. . . yup five.

But now this feels like another one of those stand-alone series where if you've read one you've read them all. Don't get me wrong it's not badly written and the characters are always endearing but they seem pretty interchangeable now. . .

So I read this cause Addie H's review showed up on my wall and it has all these wonderful excerpts and well, I just couldn't resist. Plus Jilly loved i
Ivana Azap Feješ
Lucian is over 2,000 years old and really has no idea. This story centres on Lucian, the twin brother of Jean-Claude, Marguerite's deceased husband (making Lucian the uncle of Lucern etc.). He's one of the "original" immortals, and has lived for over two thousand years. He's on the Council and hunts down rogue vampires. It's while he's on the hunt for another ancient vampire, Morgan, who has started his own "nest", that he encounters Leigh. Lucian is such a tough guy but to see his character bei ...more
Addie H
I am re-reading all my 5 star rated romance novels. There are 60 on my shelf. This is book 20.

(Tropes: Starched (hero) Gets Unstarched)

This is how my 20th re-read held up.

description

I remember loving the Lynsay Sands vampire series. In fact, it was my introduction to vampire romance, a genre I wasn’t really aware existed. But re-reading the favorite of the series did not hold up. Maybe I’m more cynical than I was 10 years ago, read too many romance novels, because this book now was too cutesy for me. Ent
CC
Sep 16, 2015 rated it liked it
3-3.5 stars

This is my first book by this author. Plus it is the 6th book in the series. I did not feel like I missed a lot by not reading the prior books.

The book was funny, but at times I felt it was trying too hard to be funny and sacrificing the character traits of the Hero (especially) in that effort. Making him at times appear to be a bumbling idiot when he was really supposed to be some badass vampire hunter.

Overall it was enjoyable enough that I am going to try another later book in the
1000 +
Nov 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
If you've read through the first 5 books of this Series then you know that Lucian is.. well.. a grump to say the least. He is one of the oldest immortals and he is hanging on by a thread from turning Rogue like so many before him.

Lucian is out hunting, hunting rogue vampires that is, when Leigh is thrown into his lap. Leigh is a bar owner who just happens to be in the wrong place, at the wrong time and has hired the wrong type of employees.

The combination of the two is just incredibly funny. L
Liz Meldon
Nov 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Yeesh. 2.5 stars for me.

What I liked:
- the humor. I thought there were some really genuinely funny moments throughout the book. The author had a great voice and knew how to embarrass her characters.
- that the story featured one of my favourite romance tropes: grumpy old immortal has hard exterior chipped away at by the love of his life, and then jk he's actually a softy.

What I didn't like:
- the fact that about two thirds of the whole book was basically a giant info-dump about this world's vampir
Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews
I am a fan of Lynsay Sands and an even bigger fan of her Argeneau series! This book in particular had me laughing out loud. Lucian is such a tough guy but to see his character being completely lost with how to perform simple everyday tasks was endearing. There is not a lot of action to this story as it is most focused on the relationship between Lucian and Leigh. As far as a PNR goes this is a very sweet, romantic, and funny story. I highly recommend.
Dianne
Apr 05, 2012 rated it liked it
While this book was not my favorite book of the series I found that if you can manage to make it past about 10 or 15% of the book it does quickly redeem itself. I did love seeing the uber strict and straight as an arrow, Immortal Enforcer Lucian, get his comeuppance when he meets his second life mate and he has to help her while she makes the change.

It was a good story but as I said the first part was a bit boring in that it was all about Leighs change and how it affected Lucian.

The rest of the
Kinga
Jan 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love Lucian and Leigh as a couple. One, because Lucian turned out to be the marshmallow Rachell called him, of course after trying to dump the poor woman on everyone he could get his hands on. Two, Leigh wasn't the snippy crying woman you'd expect a newly turned and almost rogue vampire to be. As she is always described, she was he peaceful self all along. And perhaps that's what makes her perfect for Lucian. Him being the enforcer and oldest and cruelst, he needs a little peace and smiles and ...more
Eskimo Princess Jenkins
11/25/18
still couldn't put this book down. Still loved it as much as the first time I read it!

OMG I couldn't put this book down. I had stop stop practically everything else so I could read this.
The book consumed me!!!! Then again most of the books in this series are awesome
Man Lucian really was a hard ass. I have been reading this series all out of order. So I loved being able to go back and see the "old" Lucian.
I just can't say enough good things about this book
Crystal De Los Santos
Feb 06, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: ALL MY FRIENDS
Recommended to Crystal by: Robin
Shelves: lynsay-sands
Irealy enjoyed this book!!!! it was funny and Lucian became my favorite male character..... he is so protective of his family and you'll find out why... Since he is an older vamp he is able to block his thoughts but when he meets his lifemate he lets loose and the family attacks his thougths TOO FUNNY... I WOULD READY THIS AGAIN
Christa
Jul 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
This books followed Lucien. He seems like such a tough guy from others POV and he starts out really tough. He falls for Leigh and it's hilarious. Both characters are pretty funny. Lucien does not know how to be human and Leigh doesn't know how to be immortal. Their misunderstanding are fun to read.

Fatima Miranda
Oct 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
so fun and it makes you laugh yet fast paced
Cathy
Another consistent entry in the series, an enjoyable vampire romance with lots of humor and good characters. All of her books in this series seem the same, following a proven formula.
Jacqueline J
May 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: paranormal romance readers
I've read the entire Argeneau series but this is the first one I read and my favorite. I'm not real fond of vampire stories usually but the vampires here are not the undead kind so okay.

Another reason I went ahead and read it the first time is that it starts out in the Kansas City area where I live. Even though the KC geography is pretty wonky and full of mistakes it still gives me an affection for the book. For example if you just say Kansas City then you mean Kansas City, Missouri not Kansas
Jess
Dec 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
This was the Argeneau book I was waiting for! Lucian is my absolute favorite of the Argeneau family. Certainly there is a level of trepidation going into a book when it's centered on your favorite character. Questions like, will the author do it justice, will I love it, what if I hate it, run through your mind before you read it. Well this book taught me very quickly to shut my mind up and trust in Lynsay Sands because damn can she write. She gives Lucian the precisely the partner his character ...more
Tabitha Murray
Mar 10, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Yes,yes I know it's one of 'those' books but it was really good and it really was good at keeping me waiting nervously and anxiously,I could almost feel what the characters had felt except for at 'those' points....I'm not one for 'that' genre but it was a vampire book and it was really good.My friend Jen recommended it too me so I think you may enjoy it as well.
Adaiah
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing

I adore, Lucian Argeneau, hunter of rogue vampires, and his abrasive personality. Lucian lost his lifemate, and daughters when the destruction of Atlantis happen. A thousand, and more years later, Lucian get's a second chance at love, and having a modern day lifemate. It was so nice to see Lucian, and Liv find there way to each other.
~nikki the recovering book addict
Oh dear Lord.. It was so funny!!! I was chuckling every few pages! I love grouchy Lucian. He's hilarious! I think grouchy men have the best one liners... LOL!

The best part was at the end of chapter 19... The part where Leigh was talking to Lucian's penis.. Too funny!!!
Asounani
I really loveeeeee this Story because of Lucian its sooo lovely and funny. The History its really light and thats good.

*Edith*
Realmente me gusta esta pareja Luican es adorabley aunque en este moento leo el #21 tenia que volver y leer la historia de Lucian a pasado mucho tiempo!!
Lana
Feb 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love Lucian!
Megan
Oct 31, 2007 rated it it was amazing
My favorite from Lynsay Sands' vampire romance series. I just loved the hero! A vampire who is REALLY old, never thought that he'd find love, let alone with a pretty newly turned vamp!
Megan
Aug 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The big bad uncle Lucien finally meets his match. Only that they both have been hurt and afraid of getting hurt again. Leigh was walking down the street in the wee hours of the early morning after closing her bar down when she was attacked and turned by rouge vampires. Lucien, Brinker, and Mortimer rescue her from the nest she is being held in. Lucien decides to spare her life and take her to his sister in law Marguerite to take care of and train to be a vampire. Only Marguerite is taking off to ...more
Samantha wickedshizuku Tolleson
Nov 22, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Paranormal fans, Urban Fantasy fans, Fantasy fans, Erotica fans
Recommended to Samantha wickedshizuku by: Goodreads
 photo 131335074302_zpsc904fcc3.jpg

This book and I are not getting off to a very good start. I am increasingly more and more angry the further I'm getting into this series. Some of the awkward moments are a little funny, but there isn't much differentiation between the couples. The main scheme is just so recycled between many paranormal romance series.
Tara
Sep 30, 2009 rated it really liked it
When you read the books in this series, there are no great surprises, but they do offer and light hearted pnr story. In this story Lucian Argeneau meets his match in a bar owner from Kansas. The whole family gets involved to get him his HEA. Except Marguerite who is surprising absent, but in her one cameo does manage to try to play matchmaker over the phone... she just can't help herself. There was no follow up with Vincent and Jackie, but maybe in the next one. And Bastien and Terri are still p ...more
Caro
Sep 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sands-lynsay
A super great read. I loved the characters and the dialog in this book. There was plenty to shock, laugh at, hold your breath, snicker, and sigh. Another great Argeneau book that draws you in and doesn't let go. I definitely lost track of time and was reading until the first rays of dawn and ready for more when it ended. This had plenty of humor, some suspense, strength, courage, great scenes and personalities, and a good HEA. I really enjoyed reading this and the situations that Lucian (of all ...more
Nichole (DirrtyH)
No joke - I read the first two chapters to get a feel for who the characters were and what the story was, then flipped to the end and read the last 5 or 6 chapters to get the resolution. I read nothing in between, and didn't feel like I'd missed a thing.

These books are really fluffy and predictable. If you like your books a little lighter and more on the fun/funny side (think chick-lit with vampires), then these books are for you. But I prefer something a little darker, with a bit more substance
Stephanie
Dec 13, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, pnr
The best of the series by far!

Lucian was not the vamp that Sands leads you to believe he is in the beginning of the series. This book is a little more serious then the rest of them. I liked it more for that reason, so apparently I don't like campy vamp books....
  • Be Still My Vampire Heart (Love at Stake, #3)
  • I Only Have Fangs for You (Young Brothers, #3)
  • Even Vampires Get the Blues (Dark Ones #4)
  • His Immortal Embrace
  • Be Mine Forever (Forever Vampires #3)
  • Taken by the Night (Brotherhood of Blood, #3)
  • Wait Till Your Vampire Gets Home (Broken Heart #4)
LYNSAY SANDS is the nationally bestselling author who is known for her hysterical historicals as well as the popular Argeneau/Rogue Hunter vampire series. With her witty and charming personality, Sands describes books as, “Waking dreams or stories, tales to amuse, entertain and distract us from everyday life.” She’s been writing stories since grade school and considers herself incredibly lucky to ...more

Argeneau (1 - 10 of 30 books)
  • A Quick Bite (Argeneau #1)
  • Love Bites (Argeneau #2)
  • Single White Vampire (Argeneau #3)
  • Tall, Dark & Hungry (Argeneau #4)
  • A Bite to Remember (Argeneau #5)
  • The Accidental Vampire (Argeneau #7)
  • Vampires are Forever (Argeneau #8)
  • Vampire, Interrupted (Argeneau #9)
  • The Rogue Hunter (Argeneau #10; Rogue Hunter #1)
  • The Immortal Hunter (Argeneau #11; Rogue Hunter #2)
“What is it?”
Leigh glanced up with uncertainty, then back to his groin with a sort of horrified fascination. “Well, um… is there something about immortals you haven’t told me?”
“What? What do you mean?” he asked with bewilderment.
Leigh shook her head, then leaned forward and said “Hello?” to his groin, only to stiffen again and jerk back as if it had hissed at her.
“Are you talking to my penis?” Lucian asked with disbelief.
“It talked to me first,” she said defensively, and frowned. “You didn’t mention this little skill.”
Lucian decided she must be joking and laughed. “So, what did it say?”
“It said, ‘Lucian? Lucian, are you there?’” He blinked.
“Why would it say that?”
“I don’t know. It’s your penis.”
That’s when he recalled the cell phone in his pocket. A laugh bursting from his lips, Lucian reached in his pocket to retrieve the phone.”
45 likes
“I made you something to eat if you’re hungry.”
Leigh peered at the steaming pile on the plate on the tray, then asked uncertainly. “What is it?”
“Prime cuts in gravy.”
“Prime cuts in gravy?” she echoed slowly. “Did you cook it?”
"I opened the can and heated it up in the microwave for one minute. Someone named Alpo cooked it.”
Leigh stiffened, her head shooting up, eyes wide with disbelief. “Alpo?”
He shrugged. “That’s what the can said.”
Leigh shook her head with bewilderment. “You can use a microwave, but not a phone, and don’t know that Alpo isn’t the chef, but the brand name for dog food?” There was something seriously wrong here.”
21 likes