Start by marking “Minstrel's Call (The Minstrel's Song, #4)” as Want to Read:
Minstrel's Call (The Minstrel's Song, #4)

Minstrel's Call

(The Minstrel's Song #4)

War threatens. The game board is set. But the Minstrel is missing...

Advancing his growing power, the Dread Prince breaks free of his prison and brings a faction of dragons under his control, stirring unrest and hatred in the newly united kingdoms of Tellurae Aquaous.

When the dragon wards of Kallayohm are targeted in a ruthless attack, the High King travels there to adm
Published February 28th 2018 by Stormcave (first published 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Minstrel's Call, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Minstrel's Call

Start your review of Minstrel's Call (The Minstrel's Song, #4)
Deborah O'Carroll
(GAAH. *HUGS BOOK* ALL THE STARS. <333)

THIS BOOK. AAAAAAAAAAAHH.

I will be calm, I will, but... just... I have no words, okay? I’m trying to, but all my thoughts are just swirling around in my head in a kaleidescope of sweeping-fantasy-epic and happiness and character love. MY FEELS.

When I finished reading it, I made a lot of incoherent noises of happiness, and hugged my cat and my sister, and danced around, pretty much in the clouds. ^_^ And then I just wanted to curl up and hug the book (which
Savannah Jezowski
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Minstrel’s Call by Jenelle Leanne Schmidt

This is one of those series that grows on you. I liked the first book, but I wasn’t invested enough in the story yet to truly appreciate it. The author was still growing her craft and developing her characters. By the time I got to book four, I found myself completely enraptured in her world, begging for more, and saddened to realize the series had finally come to an end. What an epic, enthralling adventure.

What I liked:
The world-building. Ms. Schmidt has
Daniel Dydek
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: indie
Fourth and final installment in the Minstrel's Song series and, holy goodness, Batman.

Everything that I had issue with in the first three installments are GONE. Absolutely everything! What's left behind is nothing but one of the best, epic, sweeping, emotional, wonderful stories I've ever read. Everything finally comes together: the writing is sound; pacing is perfect; no fluff, repetition, or head-scratching moments--just pure joy and fun. Wonderfully intense battles, the magic is off the chain
Joseph Leskey
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: ~260% of people
Okay . . . I have some thoughts. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't be writing this review. My thoughts consist mostly of the following:

1) Kiernan Kane is just about the most excellent character ever. That is absolute, objective, incontrovertible fact. It's a basic fundamental. Like the existence of iguanas.

2) This conclusion to the quadrilogy was an incredibly dynamic one, to use the phraseology of today. Unfortunately, that phraseology does not carry the weight I desire, but it's too late now.

Most
Anna Tan
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: realmies
3.5? stars

The Minstrel is missing. Brant receives a strange message from him requesting assistance. Assembling the people named in the prophecy, Brant and his friends set off to save the Minstrel—and the world—from the Dread Prince.

Even jumping in at book 4 (without having read the first three), Schmidt’s storytelling is strong enough that you’re oriented to the world rather quickly and seamlessly, barring a few info dumps. Though if I think they’re info dumps, people who have read the series fr
Jeffrey A. Dewey
Awesome

What a way to end a saga! Or is the beginning of a new saga? I couldn't put the book down but I did have to sleep sometime. 😁
Leda
Jan 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enticing wrap-up of four marvielus books.
Cindy
Jan 03, 2019
Bob
Jun 14, 2018
Jenelle
Feb 13, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Kyle
Mar 08, 2018

• Stay With Me
  • The Memoir of the Minotaur
  • Your First 1000 Copies: The Step-by-Step Guide to Marketing Your Book
  • Assassin's Apprentice (Farseer Trilogy, #1)
  • The Last Kingdom (The Saxon Stories, #1)
  • Honeysuckle Season
  • The DiMensioner's Revenge (The Unfolding #1)
  • The Lost Art of Reading Nature's Signs: Use Outdoor Clues to Find Your Way, Predict the Weather, Locate Water, Track Animals—and Other Forgotten Skills
  • Warriors of Aralan Anthology
  • Royal Assassin (Farseer Trilogy, #2)
  • Across the Winding River
  • Secrets of the Ashlands: An Epic Fantasy Novel (Convent Series Book 2)
  • An Expectation of Love (Landon House, #6)
  • The Banty House
  • Roommaid
  • Exiles (Ilyon Chronicles, #4)
  • Audette of Brookraven (Eldentimber, #4)
  • Pippa of Lauramore (Eldentimber, #1)
During the days, I wrangle four small hobbits and help them along on their adventures.

Basically, I'm Gandalf.

But come evenings, when the hobbits are sleeping... I become my alter-ego: PLOT WIZARD (still a wizard, just a different kind)... and adventures await in the pages I scribble upon.

I write fantasy, fairy tale retellings, hints of steampunk, and I have epic plans for a hybrid science fiction/

The Minstrel's Song (4 books)
  • King's Warrior (The Minstrel's Song, #1)
  • Second Son (The Minstrel's Song, #2)
  • Yorien's Hand (The Minstrel's Song #3)