Start by marking “River Home (Accidental Roots #5)” as Want to Read:
River Home (Accidental Roots #5)

River Home

(Accidental Roots #5)

If you don’t know what you want, would you recognize it if you found it?
Miguel Ramirez is the definition of pochos; a half-breed-white-washed Mexican–American who doesn’t speak Spanish (also unapologetically bisexual). Three years ago he arrived in Skagit a broken man having barely managed to escape an abusive relationship. Slowly, he’s rebuilt his life. He’s tried hard
Kindle Edition, 1 edition, 236 pages
Published February 16th 2018 by Dirty Dog Press

To ask other readers questions about River Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about River Home

Start your review of River Home (Accidental Roots #5)
Simone
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
***4 Stars***

... andHOME should be your safe place. A happy place. A place where you have your moral support system in form of family and friends, of people who love you. A retreat that keeps you grounded.

Miguel Ramirez never had a home. Well, not a real one. Growing up in foster care after his mother dumped him at a department store and due to a fault of the system never being cleared to be adopted, this wild kid circulated through various families who didn't care. Due to his mixed
Nat ReadingAllNite
4.5 Stars rounded up. I’d only read book one of this series, then jumped to this one, and I really enjoyed it, even without the intervening books. Enough that I’ll go back and read a couple more. Miguel and Nate are very engaging personalities for this hurt/comfort trope and embody the definition of opposites attract. They’re opposites in looks and opposite in outlooks. Except when it comes to love because neither thinks it’s something they’ll ever have. They play well off of each other, as Nate ...more
Line
I was REALLY looking forward to Miguel's story, and it is with a heavy heart that I write this review.
But I wanna make sure that I list my reasons for this somewhat blah-meh-rating.

I LOVED the first two books in this series, and they had me anticipating Miguel's story like nobody's bidness (I even skipped book three and four even though they are bought and ready, to get to this). Miguel has so much personality AND an amazing backstory that I was sure, would make for an awesome book.
However it
Lisa The Novel Approach
Miguel Ramirez has made another casual sex blunder, this time during the wedding reception for Buck and Joey. Needless to say, Buck and especially Joey are a little disgusted with him, but even though the guys reprimand him, they still consider him part of their family. In his hurry to escape the reception, Miguel runs right into Nate. Nate is also trying to escape, so to help Miguel out, he gives him a ride back to Buck and Joey’s home.

Buck Swanfeldt is pretty cool and a good guy too. He saved
Amanda
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars from me!

I have been curious about both Miguel and Nate since they each first appeared in the Accidental Roots series. Miguel especially got my attention because of what little we knew about his past. Everything surrounding him, except for being best friends with Buck, was a mystery. I knew there had to be a story there, and it broke my heart for him when revealed in River Home. Seeing the prejudice people have and how they treat Miguel at first glance simply for the color of his skin
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, steamy, mm, hea-hfn, bi, 2018-reads
4.5 Stars

After meeting Miguel in As Sure As The Sun, I couldn’t wait to get to his story and see just what made him tick. He was shrouded in mystery, a mystery I wanted to solve.

Ms. Keaton didn’t disappoint and I absolutely loved this book. Although everything seems well at first, you get little clues throughout the story, just enough mystery and underlying tension to keep you sitting on the edge of your seat biting your nails..

This story was well-written and filled with mystery, angst and
Jenn (not Lily)
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The best of the series so far. We"ve seen Miguel over the past three (maybe four?) books, and his story is fantastic. Great development of his story, both backstory and ongoing character development. And great job with Nate -- maybe a little more background would've been nice, but he's a well rounded guy. When are we getting the next book, and who will it be?!
Veronica
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

FBI agent Nate Richardson thinks he is pretty boring and lives his life around is job. A whole new world opens up for him when he meets mechanic Miguel. Miguel is open, full of life and a bit of a flirt. For me River Home is the story of two lonely souls coming together. It made me so happy seeing these two different people find love, acceptance and happiness with each other.

The pacing of this story was perfect. The romance
Tori Thompson
4.5 heart review for Love Bytes Reviews!

A copy of this book was provided in exchange for an honest review. Please visit www.lovebytesreviews.com to see this and many more reviews and interviews!

I am so loving this series! And I’ve been waaaaaaiting for Miguel to get a book….

This series is set in the fictional town of Skagit Washington, and follows a loosely bound group of men as they settle in to long-term relationships. It starts with one couple and we are slowly introduced to a new character
Jenny Wood
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I feel like I’ve waited for Miguel forever, and I’ve only discovered these books this past week!

I was so excited when I saw Miguel got his own story though, I just knew that he was going to break my heart.

So, in this one, Miguel is taking over the shop while Joey and Buck go on their honeymoon. After messing up at the wedding and wanting to prove to his best friends that he can handle things, he’s determined to keep everything under control… even the hot cop who gave him a ride home that night
Carra
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You know when you have a book with two characters who are just SO right for each other? That’s exactly what I found in River Home. This is very much a character-driven story, and both Miguel and Nate were so well written with plenty of depth, and I felt completely drawn to them both as individuals and as a couple.

Miguel is outgoing, teasing, and a huge flirt with just about everyone. He’s a pretty open guy, and you wouldn’t know from his outward attitude what he’d gone through in his past. Nate
Lulu Forth
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. I enjoyed this book. I was nervous to dip back in to this series as I was put off by the insta love in book one but the blurb was very intriguing and I’m really glad I gave this one a chance. Now this one did skirt the very edges of my insta love tolerance but the MCs were such interesting complex characters and I was so absorbed in the rest of the story that I’m prepared to (just about) give it a pass.

This is the story of Miguel and Nate. I just loved these two right from the very
Joyfully Jay
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kenna
A Joyfully Jay review.

Elle Keaton always writes characters who are troubled, but also have heart. Miguel and Nate are no different. Miguel loves the friends he’s made in Skagit, but he’s worried they’ll be harmed if his violent ex finds him. Nate has some family issues, some sexuality issues, and on top of that, a partner who’s undercover as a migrant worker picking vegetables in a field. Miguel and Nate make sense as a couple. They’re very nearly broken, but when they’re together,
namericanwordcat
3.5 Stars

The winning force for me is the personalities of Nate and Miguel. I will confess to loving a ginger hero and Nate is just a wonderful guy. He is steadfast and once he see a good thing in Miguel, he is all in.

Miguel is a sunny hero with a layer of mess underneath. You can't help but like him and see why Nate loves him

There is a lot of drama in Nate's life as an FBI agent and with his unresolved family stuff and Miguel has an abusive ex.

The circle of friends aspect of the book is lovely.
Earlyn
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Miguel and Nate

After a slow start , where I almost gave up I really enjoyed this book.
Miguel was funny and he was the draw that kept me hooked.
Mate was laid back and innocent. He never had a relationship but he wanted one with Miguel.
It was hard for him to trust as he was still looking over his shoulder for his crazy ex. Getting involved with another cop was not in his plan.
It would take a whole lot of love and, patience to change his mind.
Really good writing and keep on the edge read.

E.
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Yum. I would like to read the rest of the series to get the stories behind some of the other characters. Review to follow.
Rennie
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. I don’t know. I think I just wanted more... something.
Kristina
Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
River Home (Book 5)- 4 Stars: [Miguel and Nate] These two have to be the most different of all the characters I have met so far, one who loves sex and one who is so awkward (which is soooo me) that he doesn’t date or anything but is open-minded (kinda). I love that it doesn’t matter to Nate what Miguel is running from, he just wants him.
Denise GremoryKohta
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!

This is my favorite one in the series. What I love most about these books is the perfect balance of romance, intrigue, humor, and danger. Even when you think you figured it out there are still things discovered and new things to question and wonder about. I look forward to every book Elle Keaton writes since I finished the first one. I know I will always be a devoted fan.
Sara MacRae
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was absolutely smitten with this story. The author’s writing and storytelling style is captivating, absolutely mesmerizing to me. There was something refreshing about this story and its characters.

River Home is definitely a character-driven story. As a reader, I want to be drawn into the story, drawn to the characters, and feel like I know them intimately, personally – that they’re real, with real back stories, real emotions, real experiences – and this book delivered. This is the first work I
Heather
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When Miguel Ramirez found himself in Skagit, WA he also found himself a job and friends but he wasn't able to let go of his past and the trust issues that came from it but he's getting closer every day. Nate Richardson is part of Adam Klay's FBI team still trying to get a hold on the human trafficking case. When these two meet, the passionate attraction is obvious but will they be able to find happiness amongst trust and crime?

I love this series by Elle Keaton, in fact it was one of my Best
Jenn
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have really enjoyed this series and Elle Keaton's characters, they are a bit broken but still great and Miguel and Nate are fantastic additions to this group. They are two very different men from different backgrounds and seem unlikely at first, but they find something special together and I loved their journey.

Miguel has spent the last few years trying to rebuild his life after getting away from his abusive ex Justin. He has a good job working with Buck in his shop and is trying to get his
Anne Barwell
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, ebook
I haven’t read anything by Elle Keaton before, and although River Home is book 5 in the series, reading it first didn’t detract from my enjoyment of the story. Although, in saying that, there are references to other books and appearances by other characters so I need to go play catch up as this story has left me wanting to read more of the series.

What sucked me into this story were the characters. Nate and Miguel are opposites, and complement each other nicely. They’re very different yet both
WycEd Reader
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Check out our River Home Blog Tour post on Wicked Reads.

Reviews by the Wicked Reads Review Team

Veronica –
FBI agent Nate Richardson thinks he is pretty boring and lives his life around his job. A whole new world opens up for him when he meets mechanic Miguel. Miguel is open, full of life, and a bit of a flirt. For me, River Home is the story of two lonely souls coming together. It made me so happy seeing these two different people find love, acceptance, and happiness with each other.

The
Michele
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Miguel moved to Skagit Washington with no money or identification to escape a controlling ex. It’s been four years and Miguel finally feels safe enough to relax and start living again. His boss and friend, Buck just got married and Miguel realizes it’s time to move out of Buck’s spare room and make more adult decisions—like maybe taking a break from casual, meaningless sex.

Nate is an FBI agent newly assigned to Skagit. He catches Miguel sneaking away from Buck & Joey’s wedding reception and
Amy Dufera
Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Yay! River Home, the fifth book in Elle Keaton's Accidental Roots series, is Miguel's story. If you've been reading the rest of the series, you'll also be excited to read Miguel's love story.

Omg. Miguel. How I love and hurt for Miguel. Miquel's background is sad, and his effort to try to move out on his own is touching. Meanwhile, I loved Nate's inexperience with his sexual explorations, as he's never having explored with a man. He's full of doubts and insecurities.

Nate's a federal agent who's
Valerie
Feb 16, 2018 rated it liked it
This is my first book from Elle Keaton. I think that if I read the others, I might have understood a little about the situation, but from the beginning, something about Miguel hit me the wrong way. He's getting yelled at by one of the grooms at their wedding and dealing with a hookup that left him without a word. And then he swears off men and hook-ups and then immediately meets Nate and they feel an attraction toward one another. Both men have pasts that shaped them into who they are and I ...more
JANET FINLEY
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Best of series!

I have enjoyed each of the books in this series, but Miguel and Nate's story is my new favorite. Miguel has known only a violent, possessive partner, and casual sex. Nate has basically led a lonely, celibate life. From the moment they meet at a wedding they are magnets. A beautiful love story. I anxiously await the next book.
Em
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars

A lovely read, with an interesting plot. Nate was adorable and steadfast; it was such a pleasant change to have an MC so sure of their feelings, no flip-flopping about second guessing.
Simon
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Can't fault the writing but the plot I found a little contrived. Reminded me of M&M I was reading 5 to 10 years ago and at times it felt a little rushed.
Solid 3.5 stars marked up to 4.

• Stick and Poke (Irons and Works, #5)
  • Tallowwood
  • Rushing In (Ace's Wild, #3)
  • Ground Zero (Zero Hour #1)
  • Stand In Place
  • Reindeer Games (Ace's Wild, #6)
  • Bio-Mechanical (Irons and Works, #4)
  • Prescription for Love (Road to Blissville, #7)
  • Nuts (Ace's Wild, #2)
  • Goal Line (Harrisburg Railers #6)
  • Ignite (Unbreakable Bonds, #7)
  • Poke Check (Harrisburg Railers, #4)
  • Spreadsheets (Ace's Wild #8)
  • Ryker (Owatanna U Hockey #1)
  • Rebound (Pucks & Rainbows, #1)
  • All for Wesley (Pineapple Grove #2)
  • Today (Single Dads #2)
Author/imaginator & photographer (also rare Pacific Northwest Native), Elle grew up in Seattle, WA., with the Cascade Mountain range to the east and Olympics to the west.

Elle shares her life with between three to five cats (depending on who's counting), an extremely patient fiancé and a flock of young adults. She's lived in four US states, London England, and Hong Kong; always knows what time

Accidental Roots (8 books)
  • Storm Season (Accidental Roots, #1)
  • No Pressure (Accidental Roots,  #2)
  • Spring Break (Accidental Roots, #3)
  • As Sure As The Sun (Accidental Roots, #4)
  • Unforgivable (Accidental Roots, #6)
  • His Best Man (Accidental Roots, #7)
  • When It Rains (Accidental Roots, #8)