Start by marking “Taunting Tony” as Want to Read:
Taunting Tony

Taunting Tony

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  275 Ratings  ·  122 Reviews
Rules.

They’re a necessity. They make the world go ‘round and help idiots function in society.

Most don’t require much thought and are easy to follow—or so I thought…

I didn’t realize, however, that the new group of people I became friends with could have so many.

No sleeping with group member’s moms? Easy enough.

No shirts at the BBQ? I’m all over that. Do you know how hot i
Published April 11th 2018 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Taunting Tony, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taunting Tony

Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
description
This book was amazing. I knew Marie James could write a great contemporary romance. And I knew she writes leading men that I swoon over. But this book gives me both of those. And I get not one but two swoon worthy men. Joey and Tony were simply amazing characters. They both had big hearts and loyalty. They had passion and this intense attraction that steams up the pages/screen.

I loved all that this book had to offer. A close knit group of friends that are impossible to do anything but love with
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)

"Holy happy trail, Batman."

Being a fan of the author's MC series I decided to follow her into her latest M/M Contemporary Romance. And yes, as expected it's funny, but the underlying feelings and relationships are real among the featured group of friends.

Anthony is new to town and to the group. Being the new guy he's trying to fit in and not rock the boat. But damn, he's never heard of so many rules in his life. How will he ever remember them all? And what will happen if he unintentionally br
Carrie Waltenbaugh
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rules are set in place. They are not meant to be broken. Rules are meant to protect. But if it starts before the rules are in effect? Taunting Tony is the story you will want to read over and over. The bantering between characters will have you laughing and falling in love with the each and every character. Joey is you gay best friend who can't make heads or tails of Anthony. Anthony needed a new start and not to make the same mistakes as before. But what if those mistakes this time can turn int ...more
Beverly Southern Babes Book Blog
Holy shit! When you read a book by Marie James you just never know what can happen. This one is no different. I don’t think I’ve snorted so many time through a book. An I’ve never wanted to throttle two people more in my life.

Let’s start with Joey and Tony.... geez these guys have so much between each other. But the RULES get in the way of everything. An most of the rules suck. HARD.
The chemistry and passion just flys off the pages. I mean hot damn these two. I’m pretty sure my kindle melted a
Sheena
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Entertaining and captivating.....

This was a breath of fresh air to read...there was drama but nothing too untoward, and there was definitely humour and a general feel good factor...the group of friends, at its centre, are an entertaining lot; I loved their banter, and I found myself laughing out loud whilst reading some of their moments together....they are governed by a set of self-imposed rules that seem destined to be more of a hindrance than a help...

Tony and Joey have all the right chemistr
Cindy Fong
May 04, 2018 rated it liked it
While overall I liked the story, I just didn’t really get into this book. The characters fell flat to me and all of the harping on the “rules” started to get annoying as did the hot and cold, love me, hate me throughout the book. The MM sex scenes were tastefully done and I was cheering for Joey and Tony to finally grow a pair and just be the couple they were destined to be. I wanted to smack Andi and Jon multiple times (more Jon than Andi because of his behavior). I am not really sure of Cooper ...more
May 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
There are rules that must not be broken, rules that forbid them from a relationship, but will they pay attention to those rules?

This is a hot and steamy M/M romance, with plenty of snarky humour and a good mix of characters. I've read and enjoyed quite a few books by this author, including a previous M/M romance, so I jumped at the chance to read this. I loved the depth of emotion in her Cerberus series so was hoping for a book that had all the feels. Whilst this is a decent read, it just didn
Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
3.5 Stars

This book is not only filled with tension and sexy moments, there is a great amount of humor. I have to say there was also quite a bit of frustration for me. A lot going on in addition to the two main H/H.

In a nut shell, Anthony is fairly new to town and is invited to hang out with an established group of friends who have the most dysfunctional dynamic. I wasn't a big fan of some aspects of this book. Actually it was some of the secondary characters I didn't much care for. Especially Jo
Kylee
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Taunting Tony was a story so full of rules that you knew they just had to be broken. However, it was when the rule would be broken, which rule and who would do the breaking that had you allured into this story. Two men who have an instant magnetism to each other that has them running a little scared, but it will be the unexpected introduction of one of them into the other's group that just turns the notch up on the complicated even more. Twin brothers Joey and Jon have a group of friends but the ...more
Spunky N Sassy
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 5.0

~~~~~~~~~~Julie's ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

One group of friends and a whole lot of rules. Can any of these characters have what they want? Can Tony open himself up and be exactly who he is? This book was delicious. Between Tony and Joey and Jon and Andi, this book will leave you breathless. Awesome writing
Amanda
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this in exchange for a honest review.

The minute I started this, I fell in love with this book! I loved the chemistry between Anthony and Joey. Honestly I couldn’t even put this down. I barely managed to do so last night so I could actually get some sleep. I was addicted from beginning to end. I loved the interactions with the group of Jon, Cooper, and Dave. They’re hilarious! And Andi and Joey together are super funny too. I loved how it all ended and now I can’t wait to rea
Stacey (Total Book Addicts)
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*Recieved ARC for honest rreviee*

This book was fun to read.

I enjoed it alot.

Tony & Joey.... I loved them alot.

There was lots of laughter and fanning myself as the sex scenes were hot!!!

Love the side characters too. They made me laugh alot.

Will be reading more from Marie in the future xx
Teresa Lara
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
what an amazing beautiful emotional love story♡Very addicting book.heartwrenching.I serous fell in love with Joey and Tony
A.J. Daniels
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Holy shit, this book! I laughed. I cried. I wanted to rage. There were times I wanted to slap Jon and tell him to man up and the same with Andi. But I’m glad things turned out the way they did.Anthony and Joey were hawt! That bathroom scene *fans self*

I couldn’t put this book down, each page had me wanting to turn to the next quicker to see how it would all play out.
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have to start by saying this book was nothing like I thought it would be but I still really enjoyed it and the blurb makes complete sense now.

This book focuses on Tony and Joey who have an instant connection however they have quite a few road blocks in their way, namely a boat load of rules. Rules created to keep their crazy friendship group together but in the end started tearing them apart. I found that friendship group hilarious even if I thought they drank a bit much haha.

I loved all the s
Kathleen R.
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I believe i've mentioned this quite a few times already, but M/M genre novels never have been my go to genre. While i'll read them from time to time since i love a great storyline and sometimes some of my favorite authors will write in that genre, i can't say i'm a diehard fan like so many i know are. That being said: is this Marie James' first time writing M/M?? if so, holy crap, it does NOT show. If not, then damn, i really have some catching up to do.

Taunting Tony was hot. Like, i had
Cheryl O'Harney (The Book Whisperer)
Title: Taunting Tony
Author: Marie James
Genre: M/M Romance
Rating: 5/5

This was a refreshing, hilarious fun read that had me all out belly laughing with tears streaming down my face if I’d been wearing mascara I’d have given Alice Cooper a run for his money.

Taunting Tony’s a story about fun, friendship, love and family with a whole load of rules that are just meant to be broken thrown in for good measure. Tony and Joey are two incredibly hot sexy men within this group of brilliant characters who s
Lisa
I actually laughed out loud this book was hilarious. It was a really fun read with great MC’s and their friends. It almost felt like you get two stories in one. Joey and Tony and joeys twin brother and andi joeys best friend.
But there are rules 100s of rules so many rules they can’t even remember the rules half the time. The most important rule is don’t sleep with anyone in the group.
When David introduces Anthony to the group that’s where things become interesting as Joey and Tony have already
Elysian Fields
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Um, yeah... F%*KING AWSOME! This story was everything I didn't know I wanted. I loved it. I laughed, I swooned, I fell hard!

This is the fantastic story of a group of friends, rules, humor, and drama, oh the drama! I loved this book so hard! Everything about it: the relationship between Tony and Joey, the one liners, the trouble makers, the friends, the drama, the hot, Hot scenes; EVERYTHING!

There were a few times that I was just sitting back in awe of this story. I wanted to be part of this gr
Momma Hellmouth

My Review of Taunting Tony By Marie James
My Rating 4.5 stars
Fantastic story! This one has everything you could possibly want in a book, Lots of laughs and smarta$$ humor, drama in epic proportions, and rules so many damn rules!
Anthony and Joey have rules that have been put in place from their friends and family. Let the Fun begin, because as we all know rules are meant to be broken, and hmmm broken they are. This story taunts enough that I wanted to be a part of the group…. Like be their friends
Natalie Johnson
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Anthony is new in town and invited to hang with a close nit group of friends. Only problem is that they they have rules for everything! One rule that he has a problem with is “Don’t date anyone in the group”. Only problem is, before he met the group he had already met and kissed Joey.

I loved this story. It had a “friends” type feel and was very entertaining. The different situations that occurred made me laugh and sympathize with the struggles the friends faced. This was a very lighthearted read
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Cranky Stars

Joey gets called in to work late one night to fix a co workers mistake. What he finds when he gets there almost knocks him on his butt. The chemistry is off the charts and the pull to Anthony is indescribable.

Anthony is new to the job and low man on the totem pole so he gets called to help fix a problem at work. When his eyes land on Joey work is the last thing on his mind.

But there are rules.... too many damn rules

This was a really cute story with a group of friends I'd love to h
Shannon
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Taunting Tony, a M/M story was witty, laugh out loud funny at times, and totally hot in a way only Marie James can do. The book revolved around a group of friends, which added a whole other dimension to the story than your avergae romance books. This group of friends was downright AWESOME, but with that came the struggle of what to do when two friends in the group have feelings for each other. I enjoyed all of the characters and the roles they played and the banter back and forth between all of ...more
Cindy Wilber
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is another great book by Marie James. It is a M/M contemporary Romance. It is about twin brothers who have been hurt by the other by sleeping with their friends and the other one finds out that the person is only friends with them because the other. So they made rules that cannot be broken. You are not allowed to sleep with the other ones friends. This cause a problem because Joey's friend Andi is in love with Jon. Tony is Jon's friend want really wants Joey. But in order to follow the rule ...more
Wendy Livingstone
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love all of this authors’ work, and she has certainly raised the ante with this M/M comedy. I loved Anthony and Joey, and the humorous banter between them and all of the other side characters in this story is wonderfully entertaining. This story is about a group of friends who have a list of rules. Rules are meant to be broken!! I cannot wait to read more from this author, and highly recommend her work for all readers.
Hats off to Marie for truly brilliant work!!
Diane (Books and Tequila Blog)
Taunting Tony is a smokin’ hot scorcher of a story! If you like a steamy MM romance TT is a must read.

“I fought coming here tonight. I fought the memories of this sweet little mouth for nearly two weeks. I failed on both counts,”

The story is mainly about Joey and Anthony (Tony) but it was really an ensemble story with great supporting characters and their tales. Just about every character had the snark meter set on high and I was kept entertained laughing throughout.
-3.5 Stars-
Becky Venetta
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
wow amazing writing I loved Anthony and Joey to bad for all the rules set in place by there friend and family but you know what they say rules are meant to be broken and that's exactly what happens but little bit of taunting from both parts help moving things along there love story is the best and I fell in love the frist chapter
Natasha Carrere
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads
So I popped my cherry with my first m/m romance and I’m glad I did it with an author that writes such a wonderful love story. I enjoyed the storyline between Anthony and Joey along with the dynamic with the group of friends. Joey’s best friend Andi cracked me up often and the way that Dave was a slob! Her attention to detail when writing pulls you into the book and makes you feel like you are apart of the story.
Kristina Farmer
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Marie James did it again with her M/M romance. Taunting Tony was not only humorous, but also steamy and heartfelt. I could not put the book down. It kept my attention from beginning to end. Joey and Tony are the perfect couple but it took them a long road to find their happiness. They didn't want to hurt anyone because they were breaking the rules of not dating in the circle. They belong together and I loved this book.
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So many rules! Poor Tony! Marie, as usual, has killed it! This story was hilarious and so full of tauting, the title fits it perfectly!
Anthony is new to the area and to the group. What he never excepted was Joey. Joey had me laughing hard with the torcher he puts Anthony through. When the guys and Andi all get together, it's crazy.
I had a few oh shit moments reading this. I loved this! I don't know what else to say that wouldn't give away alot of this book. You just HAVE to read it.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

Last Release:
Grinder: An MM Contemporary Romance https://amzn.to/2QppG82

Next Release:
Sins of the Father: A Ravens Ruin MC Novel https://amzn.to/2OY6cXA

Coming Soon:
Purgatory's Princess

Marie James, full-time working mother of two boys and wife of 12 years. She's spent most of her life lifetime living in central Texas, with only short stays in South Carolina, Alabama, and Florida. Her passions inc
“Sorry, babe. I remembered to shave my cooch.” 1 likes