Start by marking “Love at First Bite (Dark-Hunter #6.5; Wild Wulfs of London #2.5; Companion #3.5)” as Want to Read:

Love at First Bite

(Wild Wulfs of London #2.5 - The Forgotten One)

Until Death Do We Part by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Over five hundred years ago, Esperetta’s soul was bound to her husband’s by dark magic, and when Velkan became a Dark-Hunter, to her horror, she became immortal as well. Now, they must come together to fight an old enemy…and the passion that threatens to consume them once more.
NOTE: This story has been re-released in the Dark Bites
Mass Market Paperback, 1st Edition, 373 pages
Published October 3rd 2006 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Love at First Bite, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love at First Bite

Exina
I've read only Until Death Do Us Part by Sherrilyn Kenyon.
"Let me guess, Velkan wants to see me?"
"No. The only thing His Highness would like to see in regards to you, Princess, is your disembowelment."

It is a Romeo and Juliet story embedded into the Dark-Hunter Universe.

The main characters are Esperetta, daughter of Vlad Tepes, and Velkan Danesti, once a sorcerer, now a Dark-Hunter with shape-shifting abilities. They were enemies by families but fell in love and got married in secret more th
Gavin
Jul 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
Truth be told I only bothered to read Until Death Do We Part by Sherrilyn Kenyon from this anthology.

This novella in the Dark-Hunter universe was a decent enough read without being anything special. It was a weird mix of the Dracula myth and Romeo & Juliet.

This is the story of husband and wife, Velkan and Esperetta, who have been avoiding each other since a tragic misunderstanding 500 years in the past. They are flung back together as Esperetta comes on the radar of some of Velkan's enem
Julianna
Jun 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of PNR Romance Anthologies or Any of the Authors
Reviewed for THC Reviews
Until Death We Do Part by Sherrilyn Kenyon – Considering that the heroine of Until Death We Do Part is supposed to be the daughter of Vlad the Impaler aka Dracula, I thought this novella had some promise, but sadly, it didn't end up drawing me in as much as I believe it could have if there had been more depth in the plot and characters. I felt like the story was overburdened with mysticism and mythology. In addition to all the usual Dark-Hunter/Were-Hunter/Dream-Hunter
CC
Only read Until Death We Do Part by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Heroine (Retta) was a BITCH! Other than that, it was a very good story. Short, second chance. I liked Velkan a lot. Such a good man! Did not deserve what happened to him before or after death.

But if my wife abandoned me for 500 years I am not sure I would take her back.

Loved that he named his mastiffs Bram and Stoker.
crίѕтίŋα•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•
Until Death Do We Part by Sherrilyn Kenyon - 5 stars
Laura the Highland Hussy
Nov 29, 2009 rated it really liked it
This was a different take on SK's usual Dark-Hunter style, but it was really cute. Her short stories are always good. 4 stars
I skipped LA Banks' story since I don't like her.
The other story "the Gift" by Susan Squires was good as well. 4 stars
The last story, Wild Wulf of London #4 (btw, read them in order! I goofed and thought this was the last one. oops) is my favorite of the bros. Merrick is a bastard Wulf, but doesn't know it, and he meets Lady Anne, Jackson's first love, and the sparks fly.
Sam | Queen Hera
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I've read only Until Death Do We Part by Sherrilyn Kenyon.
Fangirl Musings
Jan 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone! The DH series kicks major butt!
Recommended to Fangirl Musings by: No one; but the series was recomended to me by a kind saleswoman

Read: December 21, 2013
Read: April 1, 2007

So, I have to be honest with you, dear reader; I'm lying to you. Yes, yes, I'm a terrible human being for the lie, but it's quit necessary. See, I have you believing that I've read the entire book, Love At First Bite. A collection of short stories that I'm sure is amazing in its entirety, but my tiny sin is that...umm...well...I've not exactly read the whole novel.

I know! A tragedy, one even the Ponds will mourn. But! Ignoring this terrible oversight, I'
Megan
“Until Death do We Part” by Sherrilyn Kenyon is number 10.5B in her Dark-Hunter series (meaning that it comes in between “Dark Side of the Moon” and “The Dream Hunter,” but after the novella “A Hard Day’s Night-Searcher,” which is 10.5A, and before “Fear the Darkness,” which is 10.5C).

This is the only novella I read from this anthology. This was a Dark-Hunter novel about Valkan (was the illegitimate son of a Hungarian princess and a Moldavian prince) and Esperetta (Dracula's daughter) star-cros
K.K.
Jul 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review FOR Until Death Do We Part by Sherrilyn Kenyon

It's been a while that I had ventured into the world of Dark Hunters. This short story was a standalone but still gave us the wonder of the Dark-Hunter Universe. It reminded me once again how talented Ms. Sherrilyn Kenyon is. Her books were like opiums to my soul. This one was sweet and torturous because I wanted so much more. Esperetta & Velkan were the type of characters that I most adored about Ms. Sherrilyn's books. They were strong, i
Misa
Sep 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Only read Sherrilyn Kenyon's novella.
Jen Davis
I love Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter series --and I'm on board to read just about anything she writes; which led me to the anthology Love at First Bite.

Kenyon's offering focuses on the Dark Hunter Velkan and his long estranged love Esperetta. Retta was the daughter of Vlad Tepesh (yes, Vlad the Impaler, aka Dracula.) She fell in love with Velkan when he rescued her from a band of killers and rapists hundreds of years ago. They married, and Velkan tied their souls together for eternity with mag
Leah
Mar 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
Misti
Aug 27, 2008 rated it it was ok
This was a book I picked up because I've been on a bit of an Urban Fantasy-Romance binge lately, and it could have been really wonderful. Four female authors with the common theme of love and things that go bump in the night! Sweet, right? Well, not so much.

I desperately struggled through the first story by headlining author Sherilyn Kenyon... I read it yesterday, but I have NO recollection about what it concerned. Something about Gypsies and Dracula and... well, I don't quite recall, but it wa
Mojca
My "initial" rating was confirmed in this reread. It's Sherrilyn Kenyon's contribution that shines in this anthology.
Though quite similar to her novella in Dead After Dark - the hero loves the heroine, but she's a real bitch and doesn't want anything to do with him - Retta quickly learns the error of her ways and in the end it's Velkan's turn to suffer from "cold feet". I wouldn't mind keeping him warm though. ;)
This is a love story for the ages, literally lasting through the ages. Loved the pro
Mae Hanley
Jul 07, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: vampires
OVERALL - I'm going to round up to 4 stars overall - the average comes out to 3.65 stars.

Story 1 - Until Death Do We Part by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Well I'mnot really sure about this one. Having not read anything by Kenyon before maybe she writes exceedingly hard-headed vampires. Seems to me 500 years is a long time, even for a vampire, to sit and wait for what you want.
3 stars

Story 2 - Ride The Night Wind by L.A. Banks
Okay - the problem with anthologies is that you'll come across a story that is part
Selenity Jade (Coffee Addicts Book Reviews)
Excellent little historical paranormal romance story. I truly liked these Wulfs. But I especially liked Anne. So willing to see the best in people. And the romance was HOT.

Merged review:

Very nice collection of paranormal romance stories. I picked this one up for Sherrilyn Kenyon's contribution, but I enjoyed them all. Even the two historical ones. Excellent collection for any paranormal romance fan.
Miss Kim
Velkan and Retta's story. *meh*. Retta is the daughter of the real count dracula. Velkan is a dark hunter, she is his wife who is also immortal. The story was ok--it's a nice little side dish to go with the dark-hunters of the world. It does not have anything to with the ongoing story with Ash, Stryker, etc.
Kathy Davie
Aug 29, 2010 rated it liked it
Sherrilyn Kenyon's "Until Death Do Us Part", Dark-Hunter , 6.5.

Susan Squires' "The Gift", Companion, 4.

L. A. Banks' "Ride the Night Wind"

Rhonda Thompson's "Forgotten One" was a good story.
Holly
Mar 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: anthology, 2009
I have yet to read a novella by SK that i didn't wish had been a full book. She has a way of making characters come alive, like no one else. This story was sweet, romantic and heartbreaking all at once.
Vanessa theJeepDiva
Shelves: previously-owned
Lu Rose
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ntil Death Do Us Part - Sherrilyn Kenyon

Two best friends embark on a journey to esparetta's homeland but once she got there she could tell something was off but thinking about when she was married to her now ex-husband. Once they got to the hotel she saw ppl she didn't see in a very long time and then things turned worse than what she thought it was the realm of the vampires were at war and she just walked into the war zone. Theres alot of action and drama but at the end she ends up falling back
Beverly
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
I finished this book, the stories were good. I think a lot of them started slow. There was one I didn't care for too much, but I don't have the book with me right now, I don't remember which one it was. I liked the first one about the Dark Hunters and the last one was good. I am not sure if the second novella had demons chasing the couple and I didn't really like how they separated from each other. I don't remember the third one. If you like novellas then you might like this.
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I usually enjoy these compilation of stories and this one is no exception I loved how these authors made it an interesting blend of romance fantasy and adventure to give me something to read before halloween it was extremely hard to pit down and I cant wait for another one with sherrilyn kenyon so it can show me more suthors I might enjoy!
Angie-Leonie
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
So I only read the LA Banks story, as a long time fan of the vampire huntress series, this was over due. Finally glad to read the back story of Jose and Juanita, and not feel torn about their involvement in the main guardians relationship.
TinaMarie
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Allison
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've only read "Until Death Do We Part" and that is the only story I'm rating from this anthology. I enjoy the Dark-Hunter universe and the shorts are nice filler. Enjoyable.
Pam
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Midnight Pleasures (Wild Wulfs of London #0.5; Dream-Hunter #0.5)
  • Tapestry (de Piaget, #8.5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #8.5; Were-Hunter, #0.5; Entire Dark-Hunterverse, #1.5; Dark-Hunterverse, #2; Highlander, #8)
  • Moon Fever (Includes: Primes, #6.5)
  • Hot Blooded (Dark, #13.5; Midnight, #2.5; Mageverse, #0.5)
  • Knight of Darkness (Lords of Avalon, #2)
  • Over The Moon (Mageverse #3.5)
  • The Untamed One (Wild Wulfs of London, #2)
  • Blood Lite (Hellchaser, #0.5)
  • NOT A BOOK
  • Mysteria (Mysteria, #1)
  • All I Want for Christmas
  • Weddings from Hell
  • The Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance (Otherworld Stories)
Official Author site
Official Hunter Legends site
Official Witch of Endor site
Official Lords of Avalon site
Official Facebook site

New York Times and international bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon is a regular at the #1 spot. With legions of fans known as Paladins (thousands of whom proudly

Wild Wulfs of London (3 books)
  • The Dark One (Wild Wulfs of London, #1)
  • The Untamed One (Wild Wulfs of London, #2)
  • The Cursed One (Wild Wulfs of London, #3)
“Keeping pushing, Andrei, and you and I are going to play a game. (Esperetta)
And what game is that, Princess? (Andrei)
Find the Ball in My Hand. (Esperetta)
I don’t see a ball, Princess. (Andrei)
Oh, you will, just as soon as I snap it off your body. (Esperetta)”
14 likes
“Would you like tickets for tonight’s tour? (Andrei)
Like another hole in my head. (Esperetta)
That’s American slang for ‘no thank you. (Francesca)
Strange. When I was in New York it was slang for ‘no fucking way.' (Andrei)”
12 likes