Start by marking “I Dare You” as Want to Read:
I Dare You

I Dare You

(Waylon University #1)

3.90  ·  Rating details ·  18,996 ratings  ·  1,705 reviews
Wall Street Journal bestselling author Ilsa Madden-Mills kicks off a brand-new, sexy, heartfelt contemporary romance series with I DARE YOU!

Badass Athlete: I dare you to…
Delaney Shaw: Who is this?

The late night text is random, but "Badass Athlete" sure seems to know who she is…

Delaney Shaw.
Good girl.
Lover of fluffy kitties and Star Wars.
Curious.

His dare? Spend one night
Published April 28th 2018 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about I Dare You, please sign up.
ella ☆ any pronouns I have not seen or heard anything about Alex and Skye having their own book yet, however, later this year, in July 2018, the second book will be relea…moreI have not seen or heard anything about Alex and Skye having their own book yet, however, later this year, in July 2018, the second book will be released of Ryker's story. (less)

·  18,996 ratings  ·  1,705 reviews

Start your review of I Dare You
Ilsa Madden-Mills
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
🏈 RELEASE: NOW LIVE! 🏈

NOW a Top #2 Amazon Bestseller! #1 Contemporary Romance, #1 Sports Romance, #1 New Adult and College Age

✔ Text ROMANCE to 21000 to receive a text alert on your phone when I release. Max of 4 texts a year.

✔Add to Goodreads: http://bit.ly/IDareYouHookUp

Badass Athlete: I dare you to…
Delaney Shaw: Who is this?

The late night text is random
CristiinaReads❀
➳A college romance filled with broken down emotions that will drag you with want, and need for Maverick and Delaney in this highly anticipated release that did not disappoint...

➳When it comes down to college romances, Ilsa Madden-Mills has out-done herself in this highly anticipated novel, in which I have devoured instantly and I do not feel any shame about it. Maverick, a man who keeps his word, has waited so long to finally be with Delaney. While Delaney is in the process of mending her he
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

I DARE YOU had the key elements that I love about sports romances-- a sexy and cocky Hero with brains and wit, and a sweet & silly Heroine. I really enjoyed this one and am looking forward to what’s to come in this new series.

Delaney Shaw may be considered a nerd with her passion for the movies “Star Wars” and “The Princess Bride” and her eclectic wardrobe, but early in her freshman year at Waylon University, she catches the eye of the most
NMmomof4
2.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: I'm really bummed with the last quarter of this. I felt like we barely tapped into these characters and they (especially the H) had so much going on that we only briefly addressed (if that) by the end. The book seemed to hit the fast-forward button and then just stop. I don't get why we couldn't experience those things that got skipped over -- especially their last year of college! I think it would've benefited the story SO much. It ended at 56% on my kindle app, and t
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
On vacation so keeping reviews, a bit short(er).....

I dare you to read this one.

Overall I enjoyed this one. I liked watching Maverick and Delaney build their relationship. It starts as an attraction at a college freshman bonfire, Mav giving Delaney her first bonfire kiss, meaning, by ritual at this school, this is the guy you’ll always remember. After the kiss the book fast forward a couple years from that kiss, and the attraction is still there. After the kiss, they both go their separa
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY REVIEW can also be found on my blog:
KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

I DARE YOU: This is the first instalment in Ilsa Madden-Mills ‘The Hook Up’ Series. It’s spoken in ‘Dual Perspectives.’ In this we meet nerdy girl Delaney Shaw and football star Maverick Monroe.

“Legend says the first person you kiss at the party is the one you’ll never forget. It might be years later, and still their face is the one you dream about.”

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Straight away I’m pulled into the story of the
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Ilsa Madden-Mills, New Adult, Sports Romance – Need I say more?

The following ratings are out of 5:
Audio/Narration: 🎧🎧🎧🎧🎧
Romance: 💚💙💜🖤❤️
Heat/Steam: 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Story/Plot: 📘📗📕📙📘
World building: 🌏🌏🌍🌏🌎
Character development: 😉😖🤨😤🥰

“This is my fantasy, Princess Leia. Just listen.”

The Hero: Maverick - big man on Campus and football hero. Maverick was in a car accident a few years back and lost his mother and his sister got a traumatic brain injury and needs full time care.

The heroine: Delaney - lo
❤️ Nanda ❤️
Sep 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Pics-Art-09-06-04-52-19

I was late for all the discussion about this book, since I did not read it back in 2018 when released, but as I've buddy read it with Lorraine, it was really fun.

Maverick and Delaney met at a bonfire party in their freshmen year and after a quick peak, he disappears from her sign with twins. Yeah... Not the best start.

Two years and a cheater ex boyfriend later, Delaney starts a weird and funny text friendship with He-Man.
I have to say that I loved all the cartoon and movie references in thi
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰
🏈 🏈 🏈 🏈 🏈 🏈 🏈 🏈 🏈 🏈 🏈 🏈 🏈

description

OK, first of all - the blurb is weird. That is not really what happens. They met two years ago at a bonfire. Kissed for a second and then he disappeared back into the crowd. And Delaney got together with her now cheating ex. Maverick never forgot her, but she was with his teammate Alex. But now all bets are off. He wants her! And he starts by sending texts. She doesn't know who is behind those texts for half the book. But Maverick shows up in her life all the time too!

I
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

3.5 Stars

I Dare You was a sweet college romance novel that will have you happy-sighing as you cuddle you Kindle. Delaney gave up dating football players after being cheated on by her ex, who plays for the college team. But then Maverick is there to show her that not all football players are are jerks that can't keep it in their pants. Add in the mystery texts daring her to push herself out of her comfort zone and she might just give dating a sports star another try.
Hanne
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult
I loved I Dare You very much! I enjoyed every minute I spent reading it and I found it impossible to put it down. There were so many elements I loved in I Dare You, like their messages, the movie references, the emotions, the hot moments and the humor. The last few chapters were maybe a little too rushed, because it was about something that could affect their future. But I did adore that beautiful epilogue.

Maverick is a star at college. He plays football and he should help the team win everythin
Lorraine Lesar
3.5*
I heard from someone you did wrong
I should have known better
I left you when it mattered
But you showed up tonight and proved me wrong
I’m now in your arms again where I’ll always belong.

I got dared too....to do a Buddy-Read!!!
(but I’ll talk about that later when I’ve recovered from the experience or even better - after therapy 😂).
This was my first experience of this author and maybe not the best of choices to break my V-status on, as for me, it was too S.L.O.W. for my tastes.
I’m more of a inst
Mickeysreads
Sep 16, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: one-star, 2020-read
So let me get this straight

Maverick meets Delaney for the first time during a bonfire party
Feeds her this crap about “the first person you kiss during the bonfire party you will never forget them.”
So he kisses her and then WALKS AWAY TO BE WITH TWINS. Now I don’t need to explain to you what he did with those said twins.

Apparently Delaney left an impression on him somehow, even though he ended up leaving her dry and hanging for a set of two pairs. But still he apparently felt something, but agai
Wendy'sThoughts
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Ilsa Madden-Mills Fans, Romance
4 As True As Princess Bride Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free-Say What, It's FREE, April 6th-April 10th
When I see Ilsa Madden-Mills has a new release, I know it will be a solid read for me. This was no exception. I Dare You had every element, touched all the bases, and plus added just the right touch of sincerity for my romance-loving heart.

Since this review is happening well after its release, there are many more descriptive reviews to see. What I will add is the enjoyment of the banter, texting, and
Melanie (mells_view)
Enjoyable college sports romance read

Enjoyable college sports romance read. Popular jock, Maverick, and a sort of nerdy girl, Delaney, who have a sweet encounter during their freshman year, then end up reconnecting again in their junior year. There’s a bit of a secret text romance in this one. One of them has some home life issues and makes some poor choices. A teensy bit of angst thrown in to keep it interesting. It’s a quick and enjoyable read.

It kind of feels like the author could write more
Carol
May 26, 2018 rated it did not like it
DNF at 9%. I cannot get into this book and quite frankly I am tired of looking at it on my currently reading list.
I haven't been able to muster enough enthusiasm to stick with it.
Sayonara and goodbye. 👎
Meags
4 Stars

Coming off the high of reading my first Madden-Mills story last week (Dear Ava), I was compelled to throw myself into reverse and travel back to read some of her earlier releases.

I started with I Dare You simply because I was in the mood for a college-set new adult romance, and honestly, I can rarely go past the allure of a tropey nerd/jock pairing, which this story had in spades.

There wasn’t anything particularly groundbreaking about this story or these characters, with everything play
JewelsyGoolsy
May 25, 2018 marked it as dnf-collection
DNF @26%. That airhead h did my head in and I couldn’t go on. Airheadedness I can handle, but the level of air in her head, coupled with her unculpable game playing ways, really killed my romance vibe
Sentranced Jem
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
FOR GOODREADS
PSX_20180422_220149

Title: I Dare You (The Hook Up #1)
Author: Ilsa Madden-Mills
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Sports
Publication Date: April 28, 2018

ARC

I Dare You is for us. This book for the nerdy girls, the girls who obsess over books and fandoms... Just from reading Ilsa Madden-Mill's dedication page, I knew I was going to love this book!
This book makes my spirit sing! This book makes it ok for me to geek out regarding Star Wars, baked goods but most of all, this book, make me feel like
Starr (AKA Starrfish) Rivers
It was a good read. I skipped over a bunch of stuff, but that's more personal taste. It was kind of middle of the road for me, not wow and not bad. I give it 4 stars because I don't regret spending the money or the time. I liked both characters quite well. I think my expectations were different from what I actually got.

The cover attracted me (bad Starr! bad! never fall for covers!!). I'm not usually into jock books, tho I did enjoy a bunch of Susan Elizabeth Phillips hokey books once upon a time
TJ *Book Twins Reviews*
Nerd girls unite!! This one is for us!! 🦄

The Queen of New Adult romance strikes again! I Dare You is everything I’d hoped it would be! It’s funny, sexy, and has just the right amount of angst. The conflict kept me on edge. I was biting my nails and trying to alleviate the churn in my belly while simultaneously trying to figure out what would happen next. All good things!

Both main characters, He-Man and Buttercup, are fantastic characters. No those aren’t their real names, READ THE BOOK to find
Nadine Wilmschen
2,5 Stars

I'm a little bit torn when it comes to this book.

First of all, the blurb's misleading. You don't get the story that's described.

The blurb says:

His dare? Spend one night in his bed—a night he promises will be unforgettable—and she can solve the mystery of who he is.
There's no such dare in this story. That's okay for me but why does an author use a blurb that's so different from the book?

She knows she shouldn't, but what else is she going to do with her boring Valentine's Day?
Same wit
Dali
In this NA romance tale, Madden creates a fun, sweet, witty and addictive story with witty banter and text paired with a hero’s heartwarming backstory.

Delaney Shaw is a shy college student who loves cats and Star Wars. She would have loved to have a nice Valentine’s Day date, but after dumping her cheating boyfriend she’s stuck watching a horror movie. Alone. Until she’s dared via text by a stranger. The more she interacts with the clever stranger the more she wants to know who he is, even thoug
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
It has been a while since I read a romance set in college and one featuring a football player made it even better.

Delaney first meets Maverick Monroe when she starts at college. She is out at a bonfire night with friends and it’s like one of those corny stories about eyes meeting across a crowded room, yadda yadda, yadda. When you can feel someone’s eyes on you and a connection you haven’t felt before? Okay, it doesn’t happen for everyone but it does happen.

‘You know that moment when everythi
Jennifer Kyle
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars
Sophia Triad
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable
Review pending
Spoiler Whore-Momoa

Let me just state that THIS BOOK FINISHES AT 57% AND THE REST IS AN EXCERPT OF DIRTY ENGLISH WHICH IS 20 CHAPTERS...HEAVY EYE ROLL

The story started out good but it was so rushed. It was half-assed. I said it.
Andrea Fleury
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was fantastic. I read it one Sunday afternoon. It was very emotional and very sad at times. The characters connect with each other and the romance is steamy. He hot men,football players a nerdy adorable girl and star wars what more do you want
Bookgasms Book Blog
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shelly, missy, ratula
Christ on a cracker you guys, this book was completely irresistible to me. I read it in one sitting. I am a slow reader y'all, I don't read books in one sitting. But once I met Delaney and Maverick? No chance I was putting this book down. I was immediately smitten with them, and that didn't let up until the very last page.

Naw, let's be real. I'm still so super smitten. I am barely containing my inner flaily fangirl right now, basically.

I have a weird, but true love for text messaging as a relat
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
Great start to a new college series! I really enjoyed the first half of this novel but it felt like may be it has lost a bit of steam there somewhere in the middle. Absolutely loved the main character and wanted more of him :D lol

• The Romantic Pact (Kings of Football, #2)
  • The Relationship Pact (Kings of Football, #3)
  • The Perfect First (Fulton U, #1)
  • Playing with Fire
  • The Not-Outcast
  • Jock Row (Jock Hard, #1)
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • The Villain (Boston Belles, #2)
  • Enemies
  • Rich Prick
  • The Strike Out (The Brentwood Boys, #7)
  • The Second We Met (Fulton U, #2)
  • Heart Stopper (Rebels of Rushmore, #1)
  • Little Lies
  • The Third Best Thing (Fulton U, #3)
  • The End Zone
  • The Hunter (Boston Belles, #1)
  • Trick Me Twice
#1 Amazon Charts, Wall Street Journal, New York Times, and USA Today best-selling author Ilsa Madden-Mills pens angsty new adult and contemporary romances.

A former high school English teacher and librarian, she adores all things Pride and Prejudice, and of course, Mr. Darcy is her ultimate hero.

She's addicted to frothy coffee beverages, cheesy magnets, and any book featuring unicorns and sword-wi

Waylon University (4 books)
  • I Bet You