Start by marking “Loup Garou (Tempting Fate, #1)” as Want to Read:
Loup Garou (Tempting Fate, #1)

Loup Garou

(Tempting Fate #1)

Lindsay Willows craves a simple life. One where she can make a difference without drawing too much attention to herself. As the daughter of both a vampire and a fay, the cards were already stacked against her. Finding out she's the supposed mate of a dark fay prince doesn't help matters. Especially when there are those who will stop at nothing to prevent her from mating wi ...more
Published March 8th 2006 by Samhain Publishing (first published January 2006)

Jo
Aug 27, 2009 rated it did not like it
PT
I liked this book, but I really wanted to like it more. It's just that there were so many things that happened that beyond the realm of reasonable. For example, who doesn't know the name of their favorite band? My four-year old cousin can pick out a Beyonce song after three bars.
Next, a guy shows up who must bear some similarity to your childhood love with the same first name, but with a different last name. It never occurs to you that it might be the same guy. Also, the guy is lead singer of a
The BookChick
I enjoyed the story. It was sweet and quirky and funny with some of the measures Lindsay went through to convince Exavier she was merely human. Although a paranormal romance, the story was a fairly light read...even with the "Prince of Darkness" theme. I would have loved knowing more about just what that meant because it was only expressed in a few different ways (limited) throughout the story. I would have also liked to know why Exavier's mother did what she did. Her actions were mentioned seve ...more
Jen
Nov 17, 2017 rated it did not like it
Sucked ass. Did not finish.
Marsha
Mar 22, 2017 rated it did not like it
It is not often that I give a book a rating of 1; however, what else can you do when the writing is awkward and the majority of what is going on couldn't possible happen in any world including the paranormal? In all fairness to the author, the plot/storyline had good potential but it was executed poorly.

I won't spend my time recapping the storyline. This read fell apart in so many ways. First and foremost the way the conversations between characters were set up left you wondering at times who w
Waverly
Sep 26, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
You know that uncomfortable feeling when you are embarrassed for a character? I hate feeling like that.

Perhaps the book seemed slow because I was listening to it, rather than reading it at my own pace on the page, but I just couldn't get into the story. The main plot device throughout the first half of the book is intentional miscommunication between the lead characters. One chapter, maybe... but Lindsey is still completely clueless at the start of chapter nine. For me, that felt tedious.

The ch
Pamela
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
This book was a chore, 28 pages in and I still didn't understand what the theme of the story was, all I got was abs, eye winking, and some confusing dialogue, I stopped there, didn't bother to go any further.
Varied Books
Feb 27, 2017 marked it as on-kindle-to-read
2/27/17 sale .99.
Jean Smith
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Positively sizzling

I don’t know what I expected when I picked up Loup Garou other than a werewolf romance. But, OMG it was so much more. This was one book I could not put down. The pace is fast and steady, the action fierce, the laughs plenty and the sexual tension had me on the edge throughout. Loup Garou is a total emotional roller coaster. Lindsay Willows and Exavier Kedmen totally did it for me.

Lindsay Willows is one really kick butt heroine. Evil has a hard on for her that just won’t quit.
Megan
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
Teresa Holleran
Nov 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Lindsey Willows, daughter of a vampire and a fae, wants a normal uneventful life. But the fates have a different idea for her. She is being hunted by demons, vampires and shifters who want her to lead them to the Prince of Darkness. They are convinced she is his mate, and by killing her, they will hurt him, making it easy to overthrow him and take his throne.
Exavier Kedmen is the seemingly human lead to a very famous band, Loup Garou. He shows up wanting Lindsey to take one more choreography po
Theresa
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Nope

I got to the 50% mark on my Kindle before I threw in the towel. I found the writing uneven, the character development shallow, the dialogue juvenile and the world building weak. I found Lindsay, the main character annoying and nothing happened that created any real tension or concern for the major characters, but there was a lot of running around “dodging evil.”

I like fantasy/paranormal novels but I also like the characters and the situations in which they find themselves to be if not relata
Robin
Oct 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of this story by the author in exchange for an honest review.

This story was well written and edited. I just fell into the story as if I were part of the action and drama. This story truly involved my emotions as I laughed and cried as the story unfolded.

Lindsay is a kick ass heroine with some flaws as well as some walls to protect her tender heart. Exavier is a man who is very much an alpha who has loved Lindsay since he first met her at age five.

I don't want to give any more
Kelly
Mar 08, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Umm... I liked it

Ok I did like it. A solid 3.5 but... some parts were way and I mean way drawn out and others were over so quickly that you were like... what just happened. It was also super short. And things weren’t resolved, I mean if you are gonna have this series and each book covers one couple then jeeze finish up with the couples story. Spoiler: The mother was never dealt with, her listening to his music and not realizing it was him is another thing that was drawn out and then just glossed
Aimee
Jan 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
I did enjoy this book. It was a quick read. The characters were interesting, and the plot was fast paced. I felt that there were too many things that left questions for a first book in the series. The world building was a bit lacking, why is there a dark prince, what does he rule, and how exactly does the fae world overlap the mundane? I guess these could be answered in later books. I did like the relationship between Linds and Xavs. I liked the history they had. I feel that Lindsay was a bit de ...more
Jackie
Dec 20, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
Wow, the blurb & high star rating gave me hope this would be good, sadly I was mistaken. I wonder what those readers that were giving it 4 & 5 stars read, cause it couldn’t have been what I read. I only made it to around 10% before giving up. I felt like I missed a previous book or something, there was no world building or history, no explanations of what she is (if it hadn’t said it in the blurb, I’d have been even more confused!). The main character is annoying to say the least, no way ...more
Susan Jackson
Dec 21, 2017 rated it did not like it
This might be the dumbest book I have read in awhile. I stayed with it bc the chemistry with the leads was interesting but geez...how stupid does the author think readers are and how stupid is the heroine?! I mean she meets a guy who has the exact same unusual first name as her crush growing up. She inexplicably feels connected to him. He doesn’t run away with her lame excuses. She doesn’t notice to clues he blatantly gives that indicate his identity. One of her friends/exes actually knows who t ...more
Brandi
May 23, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Erratic!

I found this story to be disjointed. The heroine's ADD seemed to affect the whole book. I did like the her spunkiness, though. I was not a fan of the lies the male lead was full of. They did not sit well with me. As for the rest, I found the world interesting and the plot decent. I'm not sure if I'm going to follow this series.
Kamala
Jan 26, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rocky start to a new series

The characters and environment are engaging and compelling, just as I expect from Mandy M. Roth. However, the dialog and character "growth" are inconsistent and leave a lot to be desired. I was left wanting more exposure to this world but unsatisfied that this story was resolved.
carol barendregt
Good book couldn't put it down. Very talented author. Keep it up. Hot and steamy but kept you wondering. Loved if love the characters and the different shifters involved. Awesome story line. Can't wait to read the next one in the series.

Awesome book and story line. . I couldn't put it down. . Can't wait to start reading the next book in the series.
Claudia
I find I really hate books, that are told from the first person. I really hate having paid for this book. I am trying to get through it.
It really is sad. I tried to at least finish it, but it was hard. The whole thing made do damn sense. "That "give me the Prince" BS and the were Panthers and wolves. I had to quit .
Pam Louis
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fun, fast past, and hot. I liked it being silly at times and yet balanced with sadness of the past. The interaction with the different characters was fun to read and I couldn't help but shake my head at their antics.

I just got the audio for this book and wow I love it 5 stars!
Karen Hoolahan
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

Fantastic storyline and well written that makes it a pleasure to read. The characters are phenomenal they just draw you in. Anxious to read the nexus book. Love this author!
Soledad Weaver
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fated mates

I enjoyed this story. I really felt bad for everything Lindsey went throught to find her true happiness. I am so looking forward to more on this series. Well done Mandy Roth.
Tânya
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Paranormal, romance, true love and friends

From the first sentence, I was unable to put this book down. The intrigue and the chemistry kept me entranced. The characters were very well developed, it was very easy to get engrossed in each character.
Lois Alston
Good story

Slow in some parts. But I love kick but women. Getting together with your true destiny is a wonderful thing.
Sam
Dec 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I hated the first 50 or so pages of this book. It just made the heroine sound like a nympho saint with a big mouth and very crass. I'm glad it got better.
Rebecca Warner
May 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book, but I wish the next one was coming sooner.
Melvena Asa
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loup Garou

What a wonderful book to find by accident. Very well written and definitely full of mystery and excitement. You just don't know what might happen next. Great Book.
Tori Preitauer-McMichael
Absolutely one of my favorite books by Mandy Roth! The characters were fabulous and I couldn't stop reading.

• King of the Unblessed (Realm Immortal, #1)
  • After The Storm
  • Fetish
  • A Taste for Control (Kendrian Vampires, #3)
  • Hell Inc.
  • Bewitched (The Seraphine Chronicles, #2)
  • Checkmate (Mates, #2)
  • Super Dark 2 (Super Dark, #2)
  • Captive Dreams
  • Sophie's Dragon (Supernatural Bonds, #3)
  • Surrender Dorothy
  • Vanished
  • The Master of Misrule (The Game of Triumphs, #2)
  • A Place Beyond (The Danaan Trilogy, #3)
  • Love is Poison (Snow White, #1-3)
NY Times & USA Today Bestselling Author Mandy M. Roth is a self-proclaimed Goonie, loves 80s music and movies and wishes leg warmers would come back into fashion. She also thinks the movie The Breakfast Club should be mandatory viewing for…okay, everyone. When she’s not dancing around her office to the sounds of the 80s, she’s busy writing sexy paranormal operatives. Mandy lives in Oxford, Mis ...more

Tempting Fate (2 books)
  • Bad Moon Rising (Tempting Fate, #2)