Start by marking “Timeless (Drizzt Trilogy #1; The Legend of Drizzt #31)” as Want to Read:
Timeless (Drizzt Trilogy #1; The Legend of Drizzt #31)

Timeless

(The Legend of Drizzt #34)

At long last, New York Times bestselling author R. A. Salvatore returns with one of fantasy's most beloved and enduring icons, the dark elf Drizzt Do'Urden, in an all-new trilogy full of swordplay, danger, and imaginative thrills,

Centuries ago, in the city of Menzoberranzan, the City of Spiders, the City of Drow, nestled deep in the unmerciful Underdark of Toril, a young w
Published September 4th 2018 by Harper Voyager

To ask other readers questions about Timeless, please sign up.
Feste Homecoming trilogy book 3. Drizzt loses his moral high ground, and goes to the monastery of the yellow rose to be trained in part by Grand-master Kane…moreHomecoming trilogy book 3. Drizzt loses his moral high ground, and goes to the monastery of the yellow rose to be trained in part by Grand-master Kane in the ways of the monks there. (less)
Dan You will miss far too much to enjoy this book fully if you don't read the whole saga starting from book 1 as it's all intertwined.

See here

See here

Start your review of Timeless (Drizzt Trilogy #1; The Legend of Drizzt #31)
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
$2.99 on Kindle US today 12/16/18

Okay, so I had to get the audio through the library because the Hardback is too expensive, but you can believe I have the mass market on pre-order!

I love reading about some stuff from long ago!

I hope the Drizzt books are written until the end of time! Well, our lives!

Love!

Happy Reading!

Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾
Khurram
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great returns. R A Salvatore returned to the character he made great 30 years ago, who in turn also made Salvatore great. This story has many mysteries some are solved here, but this is really a set up book with huge ramifications to come.

After centuries the legendary Drow Zaknafein has returned to life. How? Why? Who did it? All questions asked. Is this a gift or a part of a longer game? In the last couple of centuries much has changed but to Zaknafein it was just yesterday since he took a de
Sean Gibson
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Turns out rumors of the Dark Elf books’ demise was greatly exaggerated, and I couldn’t be happier.

I confess, however, that it’s a little awkward—after essentially eulogizing the series and its hero, Drizzt Do’Urden, at the conclusion of the preceding volume, at which point Drizzt’s publishing future seemed uncertain, reviewing Timeless feels a little bit like going to Tom Petty’s funeral, bringing the house down with a tearjerker of a speech about how you always thought Runnin’ Down a Dream was
Maranda
Jul 31, 2018 rated it liked it
I received an ARC of this novel. As such, I will keep away from all spoilers and not give examples of scenes from the novel.

I mean...it's another Drizzt book. I actually stopped reading the series some time ago, around the time they introduced Neverwinter, and I did not plan to read any more of it. I am not a fan of series that don't seem to ever end, though the books were not all bad. I just wasn't interested anymore. BUT. When I found out that Zaknafein was back(aka my favorite character), I j
Adah Udechukwu
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Timeless is a bit good. It had its moments of brilliance but the names of the characters in the novel made comprehension difficult.
Chris Wright
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I think this is the first time it's taken me four days to read a Drizzt book. I usually lose sleep and meals - and other natural needs - to get to the end of each book. The release of Timeless coincided with moving home. As such, I had to make a decision: focus on moving home or read until I drop? I had to make a choice...

... While my partner did all the heavy duty stuff, I found every opportunity I could to enjoy this great story.

Like most recent Drizzt novels, this one brings back the entire g
Ursula
26 September 2019. Finished Timeless by R.A. Salvatore.

Rating - 3 stars
Genre - Fantasy
Sub - genre - Swords and Sorcery
Audience - Adult Men
Publisher - Harper Voyager

I was very excited for this novel when I first heard of it. The friendship between Jarlaxle and Zaknafein has been hinted on throughout the series. Since Jarlaxle was introduced in the second book and Zaknafein was only in the first book, this is the first time, as readers and fans of the series, that we get to see them interact, and
Alicia
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So glad I got to read this in advanced. This is everything I wanted and more. So glad that Salvatore decided to continue the story arc and keep my favorite characters alive and kicking.

Sno4wy
Sep 04, 2018 rated it liked it
T.L. Branson
May 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Timeless by R.A. Salvatore is like riding the Tower of Terror at Walt Disney World.

If you’ve ever ridden this ride, ever stared at this ride while debating to ride it, or if you’re aware of it, then you can possibly relate to my example.

When you stand outside, debating whether to ride it or not, there’s some trepidation. You aren’t sure if you’ll like it or if you want to chance a terrible experience.

But after you take the plunger and get on the ride, the absolute joy and elation take over and e
Dave
May 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Kendra Lawrence
Sep 06, 2018 rated it liked it
I have mixed feelings about this book. I would give it 3.5 stars if I could. was pretty content with Hero being the end of this long-running series, even though there were some burning questions, and characters (like Doum’wielle), that we don’t know the whereabouts of. I think an entirely new series focusing on other characters could be started.

That said, I know people have been clamoring for a Jarlaxle and Zaknafein novel. I was reluctant about the idea at first, because I really wanted to know
Travis Duke
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Salvatore and Drizzt are back and it doesn't disappoint. Firstly, I loved the Zak and Jarlaxle stuff, we all waited so long for their backstory and Bob gives us an awesome glimpse. At the same time we get a new story and a new threat that is woven very nicely. I wont get into the new story that much because it will spoil the story. I will say this feels very much like a trilogy and there was a fair amount of setup in this book. By now Salvatore has created a massive cast and I get why some chara ...more
Christopher
Jul 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Two interesting character subplots weighed down by lackluster plot.

The newest Drizzt trilogy has a great premise/structure. We have the father of Drizzt, Zaknafein, being reincarnated and wanting to reconnect with his son and learning he has married a human women and about to father a mixed-race child. So there's a great struggle there between father and son.

The second character subplot is a flashback to the start of Jarlaxle and Zaknafein's friendship some 400 years earlier and their early adve
Kevin
Sep 19, 2018 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: only diehard Forgotten Realms fanboys.
The front cover states "A Drizzt Novel", but this is hardly a book about Drizzt. Surely this is for marketing purposes only.

This is not a spoiler: it is a book about Zaknafein. Heck, it has much more to do with Jarlaxle even, then Drizzt. Nevertheless, Salvatore's stories are really starting to get stale and old. Rehashing the same old tropes. Resurrecting characters that should be left dead. This is Zak's 3rd life BTW. Seriously... come up with something a little more creative. I guess RAS thin
Kathleen
I'm not using the star system for this one because while it is based on how I feel about it, people tend to think of it as how good the book is.

I believe that anyone who has read R.A. Salvatore's other books with these characters will also enjoy reading this one. I made the mistake of thinking I would understand what was going on without the background information. I thought that if I read on it would eventually become clear. There are interesting characters and novel beasts aplenty here. The fi
Aram Brazilian
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm rereading books 1 and 2 in prep for the newly released book 3... as it turns out, following Jarlaxle and Zaknafein around the Underdark is my idea of a good time... so I welcome this refresh...

If you haven't read any Drizzt yet, then I would not start here - you'd be missing too much background info, in my opinion... I suggest you get here the old fashioned way and earn it.

I try to read a lot of different writers, but I always come back to Salvatore. I could do a lot worse than having him a
Angela
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
I had high hopes that this would be the book that would bring me back into liking this series again. Sadly that didn't happen. I think some of the problem is the Drow city, its not a place that I like and it was supposed to be a place that Drizzt never interacted with or had ties to after leaving it, or so that was the characters main hope. I'm sure there are many fans who loved the book but I'm not one of them. ...more
Samantha
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Received an ARC at SDCC 2018

An excellent return to the Realms and Drizzt as he struggles with the unexpected challenges of the return of his father Zaknafein. Bob excellently blends some of the past and present, exploring both the past friendship between Jarlaxle and Zaknafein, as well as the struggle between father and son to relate outside the confines of Menzoberranzan.
Tom C.
Jan 28, 2019 rated it did not like it
Couldn't do it. I made it 9 pages in. 9. Too many odd names, houses, life forms and allusions to prior books. Maybe I made a big mistake grabbing this one randomly as it's part of a larger series. This book may have been great. I just couldn't stay with it this time. I may circle back at a later date. I rarely quit on books. This one just lost me from the get go. ...more
Leon Laffredo
Oct 17, 2018 rated it liked it
As it took almost two weeks, it should show that I was not as interested in this Drizzt book as past ones. I found it slow and boring at times and was not really interested in all extraneous story and character lines. I guess it will be awhile before I try another Drizzt book.
Adam Duclos
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fred Rayworth
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I first read a Drizzit novel decades ago and often compared my own fantasy work to R.A. Salvatore. Timeless seemed like a good choice to catch up and see what the author has been up to lately.

While some elements of the old days still linger, this new start of a trilogy is a far cry from what I remember of that most enjoyable novel long ago.

The story started off very slow, with a whole bunch of political goings on about houses and such in Menzoberranzan. When the action finally kicked in, it had
Callum Woodward
Feb 21, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
TL;DR
It's really confusing and hard to keep up. Unless you've read the other 30 books, you should probably read something else.

Well this was a disappointment. This would have been my first Forgotten Realms book but I'm glad I ended up reading The Crystal Shard first, by the same author no less. I liked that book. It was great. I needed it. But this... Wow.

I'll admit that I went from book 1 to book 30-something in this series but I did my research beforehand and found Salvatore saying you can jum
Alexis
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: long time fans, return fans, fantasy readers, teens, adults
Shelves: fantasy, favorites
If you were among those getting fatigued by the direction of this series, I'd highly recommend giving these latest books another shot. I'm intrigued as to where all this is going and I'm truly enjoying this new arc.

I have to admit, I'm a long time Legend of Drizzt fan and I will always have a soft spot for this series, but the series fell into a bit of a slump for me somewhere around The Orc King and all the way through to The Last Threshold.
The Companions started to pick things up again, and
Merewyn
Meh...

It's an action-flic kinda book, like a Michael Bay movie in paper format. Lol😉 most (if not all) Drizzt books are like a Michael Bay movie in paper format😄. And 🙂 whenever you're in the mood for an action flic kind of book, then this would be a good pick.
Personally I prefer slow-burn kind of books, like The Picture Of Dorian Gray, Dracula, or books with lots of political intrigue, like The Soprano Sorceress and various others by L. E. Modesitte Jr.
Also - there were a few typos in Timeles
Freda Mans-Labianca
My hubby turned me onto this author, and this character Drizzt Do'urden years ago. I fell in love instantly! When I saw there was a newer series out starring you-know-who, I grabbed a copy right away!
So with all beginnings in a series, especially fantasies, there is a bit of a bore to the start. It's all about introducing, or re-introducing, characters to the reader. About a quarter of the way in it picks up and the fights scenes begin. (In a fantasy with dwarves and drow you definitely want fig
Jen
Mar 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
I won a copy of the mass market paperback in a Goodreads giveaway.

It's been a while since I read a Drizzt book and I think Salvatore did his best to fill in the past for people like me who wanted to read this book because it focused on Zaknafein and Jarlaxle. I enjoyed every moment with those two and Drizzt in the scenes, but I didn't care about anything else which is probably why it took me so long to get through the book. Maybe if I kept up on the series it wouldn't feel like so much work.

Time
Carl
Oct 14, 2020 rated it liked it
I've always been a fan of Drizz't novels. Part of it is nostalgia now, and part of it is curiosity, to see what shenanigans the heroes will be involved in this time. Actually, at this point, that's about all that's kept me coming back, for better or worse. I enjoy the action, the (sometimes) surprising twists and turns, and the philosophical ramblings that punctuate the stories.

...I still wish Salvatore would actually, finally, permanently, kill off a character. Much of the drama of losing frien
Sondra Massey
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A breathtaking journey

It's nice to be back among friends, old and new. The journey twists and turns, and I do mean some unexpected turns. For me the most important area explored is the one between Drizzt and his father; remembering through a child's eyes and seeing through that of an adult.

We are also left with a precarious situation and we finally find out just who resurrected Zak. (Nope not telling you, read the book). I do wish the writer would get the Menzonberranzan bug out of his system.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
The Sword and Laser: S&L Podcast - #333 - Getting Timeless with R. A. Salvatore 1 76 Sep 03, 2018 08:54PM
Drizzt Trained By Grandmaster Kane?? 1 9 May 15, 2018 08:10AM

• The Godborn (The Sundering, #2)
  • The Herald (The Sundering #6)
  • Twilight Falling (Forgotten Realms: Erevis Cale, #1)
  • Elminster: The Making of a Mage (Forgotten Realms: Elminster, #1)
  • The Adversary (The Sundering, #3; Brimstone Angels, #3)
  • The Reaver (The Sundering, #4)
  • The Sentinel (The Sundering, #5)
  • Midnight's Mask (Forgotten Realms: Erevis Cale, #3)
  • Dawn of Night (Forgotten Realms: Erevis Cale, #2)
  • Dissolution (Forgotten Realms: War of the Spider Queen, #1)
  • Elminster Must Die (Sage of Shadowdale #1)
  • Whisper of Venom (Forgotten Realms: Brotherhood of the Griffon #2)
  • Sword Play (Forgotten Realms: Netheril, #1)
  • Elminster in Myth Drannor (Forgotten Realms: Elminster, #2)
  • The Spectral Blaze (Forgotten Realms: Brotherhood of the Griffon #3)
  • The Captive Flame (Brotherhood of the Griffon #1)
  • Resurrection (Forgotten Realms:  War of the Spider Queen, #6)
  • Dangerous Games (Forgotten Realms: Netheril, #2)
As one of the fantasy genre’s most successful authors, R.A. Salvatore enjoys an ever-expanding and tremendously loyal following. His books regularly appear on The New York Times best-seller lists and have sold more than 10,000,000 copies. Salvatore’s original hardcover, The Two Swords, Book III of The Hunter’s Blade Trilogy (October 2004) debuted at # 1 on The Wall Street Journal best-seller list ...more

The Legend of Drizzt (1 - 10 of 38 books)
  • Homeland (Forgotten Realms: The Dark Elf Trilogy, #1; Legend of Drizzt, #1)
  • Exile (Forgotten Realms: The Dark Elf Trilogy, #2; Legend of Drizzt, #2)
  • Sojourn (Forgotten Realms: The Dark Elf Trilogy, #3; Legend of Drizzt, #3)
  • The Crystal Shard (Forgotten Realms: Icewind Dale, #1; Legend of Drizzt, #4)
  • Streams of Silver (Forgotten Realms: Icewind Dale, #2; Legend of Drizzt, #5)
  • The Halfling's Gem (Forgotten Realms: Icewind Dale, #3; Legend of Drizzt, #6)
  • The Legacy (Forgotten Realms: Legacy of the Drow, #1; Legend of Drizzt, #7)
  • Starless Night (Forgotten Realms: Legacy of the Drow, #2; Legend of Drizzt, #8)
  • Siege of Darkness (Forgotten Realms: Legacy of the Drow, #3; Legend of Drizzt, #9)
  • Passage to Dawn (Forgotten Realms: Legacy of the Drow, #4; Legend of Drizzt, #10)

News & Interviews

“Ava’til natha pasaison zhah ques po finnud ebries herm. “History is a poem where all lines rhyme.” 1 likes
“Perception is reality, Drizzt Do’Urden,” Yvonnel stated. “There is no objective truth?” “Of course there is! But until a falsehood is uncovered, the reality is what you perceive it to be. You cannot separate the two without a reveal. That you tried to do so was your madness.” 0 likes