Start by marking “I Know Where You Live” as Want to Read:
I Know Where You Live

I Know Where You Live

Penny believes she’s being watched. Yet no one should know where she lives.

At the airport they meet charming Sophie, fluent in French and looking for work as an au pair. Penny, struggling to cope in France, offers Sophie a job and she soon becomes an important part of the fami
Published March 1st 2018 by Bloodhound Books

To ask other readers questions about I Know Where You Live, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Know Where You Live

Dash fan
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5☆ Highly Addictive! You won't want to miss!

This is the second book in the series. Although I read it as a stand alone and still loved it. I missed out on Penny's story which plays a huge part. So I will Definetly look into reading Till the Dust Settles.

I know where you live is a book that gives you chills. I was drawn in and captivated from the very very first page!
It's not often you open a book and get chills.

Penny and her husband Seth are in the witness protection program.
Seth gets an opportu
Mackenzie - PhDiva Books
I just finished I Know Where You Live by Pat Young and I enjoyed this book so much! This book is a very plot-driven, quick read. Once I started, I had a hard time putting the book down because there truly weren't any slow points where I was waiting for the story to move forward. The pace of this story is quick and engaging.

Also, I found out after I started this book that it actually involves a partial follow-on to a story told in a previous book. I worried that since I didn't read the first boo
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
I Know Where You Live is the follow on from Till The Dust Settles. Whilst not essential to have read the first, I do think readers will benefit from having read it and after all it is a great book so why wouldn’t you?

The last time we saw “Penny” she was in a witness protection programme. Even though the family are still in it, Penny still feels like someone is watching her. To be fair even if no one had been watching her, she would have been mad to have turned down the opportunity to travel to F
Misfits farm
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Penny thinks that someone is watching her. Her family have all changed their names under a witness security programme. When a perfect au-pair is found in Sophie- are things too good to be true? When Penny and Seth’s son goes missing they are caught between finding him and keeping their identities safe. Could this be from the past- someone wanting revenge on Penny? This is a very well written book that draws you in from the start. It is so much more than “just another child abducted” book. The he ...more
Jo
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had it at five stars until the end when one of the characters does something really stupid. I know I'm being picky about that one thing (view spoiler)

I liked this one more than the first. It was tightly woven with lots of suspense. I will look for more from this author.
Donna Maguire

I really enjoyed this story which is a run on from the author's last book - Till The Dust Settles. This is fine to read as a stand alone but the first book is excellent so I would recommend reading it if you get the opportunity as it gives you the background to the characters!

Now on to my review for this book - it has the author's excellent attention to detail and great writing style and I loved the lot. It is well paced and the story really holds your att
Kate~Bibliophile Book Club
Having read and loved the authors first book, I was really looking forward to reading this one! Sadly it just didn’t live up to its predecessor. While the plot is pacy and the chapters short and punchy, the story on the whole is just too unbelievable. I couldn’t connect with the characters, even though they were in the previous book. It just didn’t work for me I’m afraid!
Sharon
Mar 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
OMG! I have just devoured this book in almost one sitting apart from time to get some shut-eye! It can be read as a standalone but really to get the best from the book, the understanding of why Penny and Seth have new identities and their level of paranoia then I'd recommend reading the first in the series.

So what was it that made this such an engrossing read for me? Following on from the story of Till The Dust Settles, I knew exactly what lay behind the fears of the family and right from the v
Livia Sbarbaro
Heartwrenching ...Tense...Secrets Lies and Darkness

Penny in her mind believes she is being watched.. When Seth her husband gets offered a job in France they both decide on a brand new chapter in their lives along with their children Angel and Ethan..At the airport they meet a young woman Sophie ,bright ,fluent in French and so good with the children.Sophie tells them she is looking for a job as an au pair..The next day Penny out of her comfort zone with little French speaking offers Sophie the j
Michelle Ryles
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: galleys-read
I was greatly impressed with Pat Young's debut, Till the Dust Settles, so I didn't hesitate when presented with the opportunity to join the blog blitz for her second novel, I Know Where You Live. As this is a sequel I would recommend reading Till the Dust Settles first, although you could get away with reading this as a standalone as it might make the story more believable (which I will explain shortly).

Lucie and Dylan are now known as Penny and Seth Gates: identities that have been created to k
Alexina Golding
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I know Where You Live is the follow on from When The Dust Settles and I recommend that you read it first, the story can be read as a stand-alone, however it is favourable to get a better background character from the previous book.
I found the story drew me in quickly, and I enjoyed catching up with the main characters and seeing them about to embark on a new situation.
I did find there taking to Sophie happened quickly, however suspend this and sit back and enjoy a rollercoaster of a journey wi
Kaisha (The Writing Garnet)
All reviews can be found on my blog at https://thewritinggarnet.wordpress.com

Apparently this book is the sequel to Pat Young's debut novel, 'Till the Dust Settles', but, having read and loved that novel, I personally cannot see the link between the two books. Maybe it's just me being incredibly stupid, but it did confuse me a tad, I'm not going to lie!

'I know Where You Live' is an extremely hard book to read, as the storyline has a theme which will put the fear of Christ up every single parent o
Craig Gillan
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book, read it as a stand-alone as didn’t realise it was second in series but it still worked really well, some interesting characters,
Julie Lacey
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a really good read.
“Penny seizes the chance of a new life for her family when her husband is offered a job in Europe.
At the airport, they meet charming Sophie, fluent in French and looking for work as an au pair. Penny, struggling to cope in France, offers Sophie a job and she soon becomes an important part of the family’s life. But Sophie is hiding something.
Then Penny’s toddler son, Ethan, is abducted and an international hunt for the child
begins.”
After Sophie moves in with the Gates
Karen Whittard
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is such a great book. Which is testament to the amazing writing style. This book completly captivated me and I absolutely loved it. Fantastic
Norrie
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
I have so many questions! The first being: why had I no idea that this story is related to the author’s first book, Till the Dust Settles? Can I even review I Know Where You Live properly, not having read its predecessor? Well, I’m going to give it my best shot. I have to warn you though: I will get into some bits that could be spoilers, but it’s either that, or I just tell you simply that this book was bad, case closed.

The story of Penny and her family took a while to properly kick off, but onc
Meggy
Mar 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sequels are a hit or miss.

I remember loving Till the Dust Settles. You can find my review here. The way the author had put such a horrific day in our history all around the center of her story and created characters strong enough to make you believe and feel.

So what about the ten years later?

A new life for our main character. I was so happy to meet with Penny again. It was as though I was meeting an old friend after so long. Ten years? Despite the changes in name and life in general, Penny hasn’

Jane Firebaugh
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW! Simply brilliant. I was glued to the book from the beginning until the end, as I was with the first book, Til the Dust Settles.

Great characters, nail-biting suspense and a really good plot combined to make both of these two books 'must reads'.
Lady Delacour
Story held my interest and
I'm glad for the experience.
However, it was not as exciting
(for me) as Till the Dust Settles.
Listened with TTS.
Clean with Mild Foul Language.
LJ (On The Shelf Reviews)
Penny doesn’t feel safe in Texas, she feels like someone is watching her and her family. When her husband Seth gets offered a job in France, she jumps at the chance. They meet Sophie, an American fluent in French, who is off to Europe herself to find her long lost father.

Was this meeting by chance or was there a more sinister reason behind it?

Sophie quickly becomes part of the family, becoming au pair to Penny and Seth’s children, Ethan and Angel but disaster strikes when Ethan is abducted.

Thi
Susan Corcoran
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I would like to thank Bloodhound Books, author Pat Young and blog tour organiser for the ARC of I Know Where You Live in return for an honest review.

It is always a bit nerve wracking when reading a sequel to a book you really enjoyed, in case you don’t like it as much as you expect to. I am happy to be able to say I not only loved I Know Where You Live, sequel to Till The Dust Settles, I thought it was an exciting and thrilling follow on.

It catches up with Penny and her young family as they trav
Loraine Philliban
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow my heart is still racing at the ending of this book Pat Young has delivered a captivating novel that is both thrilling and soul searching.
Penny and her husband Seth have a secret past which they would prefer no-one finds out about..having travelled to France with their two young children to work for six months they befriend a young woman at the airport.
Sophie embroiled herself into their family and becomes their live in nanny. Everything seems normal until one day their two year old son is
Nicki Southwell
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first novel I have read by Pat Young and I thoroughly enjoyed it. A complicated story but not too difficult to follow.

Seth and Penny are in the Witness Protection Programme in Texas. They have 2 young children who are the most important people in their lives. There cannot be anyone else close to them because of their past.

Seth is offered a 6-month work exchange in the south of France. He works in the aerospace industry and Penny sees this as a golden opportunity for the family. En ro
Michelle B
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
It wasn’t until I finished this book that I realised it was a sequel to ‘Till the dust settles’. Well, having thoroughly enjoyed ‘I know where you live, I can safely say it works well as a stand-alone book where one does not have to have read the first book! Having said that, whilst reading the book I thought several times (on learning more about two of the lead characters the mother and father ‘Penny and Seth’) “wow, what an interesting life they have lead before we met them!’. So, I will certa ...more
Heather
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Netgalley generously gave me the chance to read this book in exchange for a review. It wasn’t until I finished reading the novel, did I find out this title is the sequel to “Till the Dust Settles.” Still it worked well as a standalone and I didn’t feel like I missed anything.

Penny jumps at the chance to move to Europe when her husband is offered a job in France. Then she feels a little hesitant because her family is taking up residence in a new country where she doesn’t know the language at all.
Rachel
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I Know Where You Live is a sequel to Till the Dust Settles however it easily reads as a standalone so don't worry if you have not read it beforehand. This story had a different feel to it but this wasn't necessarily a bad thing for me. The subject matter of child abduction is always going to make for a tense and unpredictable story. There is a good character build up as we meet married couple Penny and Seth along with their children. Then we are introduced to Sophie who seems perfect, but is she ...more
Pam L
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Surprise, knock knock

Saw this title,sounded interesting, I'm into psychological thrillers right now. As I was reading this book,I sometimes felt like something was missing.I was right. I needed to read the first book. There was just a tad bit of confusion,but I figured it out. There was backstory, and a first book.
I Know Where you Live, had a lot of twists and turns. Scary moments with a child involved. It makes sense with the knowledge of the first book.
I don't know if there is a third book in
Lisa
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nail biting stuff.

I read Till the Dust Settles also by this author not so long ago and liked it. This story is billed as being a sort of sequal but could also be read as a stand alone book. I would say that even having read the previous book, I still felt like I was missing large chunks of relevant background that was integral to understanding this story. My recall of the previous story wasnt enough to fill in the blanks, which was frustrating. I would recommend reading both books in order, one
Sofie Hern
Mar 04, 2018 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this book with it's twists and turns. I was stunned to find out after reading this that it is a sequel to Till the Dust Settles. It worked well on it's own and felt like I didn't miss anything. If you have read Till the Dust Settles, you will love this one. For me (because I was not aware it was a sequel), it left me with a few questions but not to the point where I was unable to follow the story. Now that I know, I do recommend reading Till the Dust Settles beforehand. Good rea ...more
Kristen
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
What does it cost to do the right thing? It could cost you and your family their identity and a sense of security. Well developed characters and a story that makes you think twice before trusting people.

• Death Stalks Kettle Street
  • The Girls On Poppy Drive (Detective London McKenna #3)
  • Now She's Dead (Jack Anderson #1)
  • Survivor (Lolly Bruce #1)
  • The Abandoned
  • The Camera Lies
  • Hydra
  • Guilty Innocence
  • Passing Through
  • Murder at the Book Club
  • Day of the Accident
  • Beneath the Ashes (Detective Inspector Will Jackman #2)
  • Mother
  • Cross Your Heart (Detective Jess Bishop, #2)
  • The Other Mother
  • Sick Girl
  • Home
  • Little Liar
Pat Young grew up in the south west of Scotland. She lives in Scotland and sometimes the south west of France. She studied English, French and German at Glasgow University.

Librarian's note: There is more than one author in the Goodreads database with this name.