Start by marking “Trouble Brewing” as Want to Read:
Trouble Brewing

Trouble Brewing

This sweet, savory, and satisfying novel—perfect for fans of The Coincidence of Coconut Cake by Amy Reichert—follows a smart, ambitious woman making her way in the male-dominated world of beer brewing.

Piper Williams is used to being the only woman in a room full of men, but she isn’t used to being instantly drawn to someone she’s in business with.

After working long hours b
Published September 25th 2018 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about Trouble Brewing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trouble Brewing

Jamie
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
3.5 stars!

Cute rom-com centered in the food/beverage world - Piper is a craft beer brewer who is working on getting her brews sold in local bars when she meets Blake, owner of The Public, a new hot gastropub in town. Given that this is a rom-com, sparks fly but Piper doesn’t want to mix business and pleasure. Will it be possible for these two to work together without it leading to more?

For those who are fans of Amy Reichert (who isn’t?!), be sure to check out a new voice in this fun genre!

Than
Mandi Schreiner
DNFing @ pg 75

I wanted to like this - the heroine is a brewmaster - when does that ever happen???

But immediately, when she meets the hero's friends (the hero owns a new bar and she wants him to sell her beer) all they can do is comment on her appearance (does the carpet match the drapes?) etc...and it was super annoying/

Then the heroine kisses the hero, and then gets all upset by it and it was just odd. Everyone acted too over the top or perky. It just didn't feel like realistic people to me.

Karen
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. Loved the title’s play on words; it was the first clue that this was going to be a fun and flirty read. This dreary rainy day could not have been better placed. I curled up and in no time immersed myself in Piper and Blake’s world, reading for hours, enjoying the snappy dialogue and ebb and flow of this easy reading chick lit story.

Piper is an ambitious young woman who is hellbent on making a name for herself in the traditionally all-male brew-making business. When one day out hawkin
Megan Lyons
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: chick-lit, romance
1 1/2 stars

I was pretty excited about this book, as I am a huge craft beer fan. Craft beer still feels like a pretty male dominated industry, for workers and to a lesser extent, customers. I have had random guys come up to me in the liquor store to “help” me pick out a beer, when they knew less about beer than me, and been condescended to by servers who decided I wouldn’t like a certain kind of beer, so I was really looking forward to this. I also tend to like food themed books, so this seemed l
Gaele
I’ll be honest, at this point in my life and reviewing career I should know better than to take the advice of publisher blurb-recommendations, but I live in hope and occasionally find a gem. But the comparisons in this blurb don’t connect on any level with the exception of food and drink. And that isn’t to say that this book was horrible, but using a story that contained both depth and emotion, and comparing it to a far lighter and less well developed romantic comedy is a failure- doing a disser ...more
Stephanie Dulac
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thought this book was a great read it was funny and nice and keeps you interested i really lovrd reading about piper and blake this was my first book ive read by Suzanne Baltsar and im looking forward to read more books by her :)
Leigh Kramer
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
3. 5 stars. I like beer but I wouldn’t call myself a beer aficionado. I like what I like and I enjoy going on brewery tours but I don’t think much about how it gets made or the steps between idea to actual sales. As such, I’ve never thought about it being a male-dominated industry and I was highly intrigued when I learned Trouble Brewing is about Piper, a female brewer, and what she faces on her quest to start her own brewery.

I admired her drive and passion for her work, as well as the frank und
Donna Hines
Piper Williams is a female 'master' brewer making a name for herself in a man's world.
As the beer is chilled her relationship heats up with Blake Reed owner of the newest Minnesota gastro pub.
Should she mix business with pleasure?
Blake's family is politically motivated as his father wants him campaigning on his behalf but Blake has other ideas.
Either the business or Blake but could Piper truly have both?
Female empowerment is alive and well is this powerfully charged and fun read by Suzanne Bal
Brei
Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
*****I received an advance reader copy of this book from Netgalley for an honest review.*****

Piper is a brewmaster in a male dominated world. Blake is an owner of the new gastropub in town. Romance ensues with a side of beer. I thought this was a cute, charming book. I ended up really liking this book and finished it in a couple of days. I don't read a ton of romance novels but I liked the story description. As mentioned in someone else's review this romance isn't hot and steamy, it is more swee
Kate
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018, arc
**I requested and received an eArc through Edelweiss**

3.5 ☆
A cute romance set.in the brewing world. I really loved that Piper was a brewer and loved the Out of the Bottle brewery she was trying to launch. Blake was suitably hot. Loved the supporting characters, especially Bear and Conner. The romance was more cute and charming rather than sexy and hot, but cozy romances work for me.

Super fast read- just wish I'd saved it for Memorial Day weekend- it would have been a perfect book to read at a c
Amy
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
more on www.amysbooketlist.blogspot.com

The first word that I think of to describe this book is cute. The story is cute. The couple is cute. The ending is cute. That’s not to say there isn’t substance, because this novel really delves into some important topics: feminism, sexual harassment, money, and obviously love and what that looks like for a modern woman trying to have a career in a male dominated field. In the end, though, this is a fun, easy read.

I learned a lot about brewing and now want
Jenni Walsh
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don’t read a lot of romance (I typically gravitate toward historical fiction) but this book has inspired me to read more books similar to this gem. It was smart, witty, sweet, and engaging. Although, what I enjoyed most was the authenticity. While a female brewer can be rare, I felt like this storyline could be unfolding — right now — somewhere — in the real world. The banter, drama, friendships, and of course the FRIENDS references really struck a chord for me. Definitely pick this one up for ...more
mrsboomreads
Fun and engaging romantic comedy with a modern twist. Piper is a female brewer, dedicated to her craft and making her own way in a male dominated industry. Her single minded focus does not allow for dating or romance. That is until Blake, the owner of a new gastropub in town, decides to feature her craft beers on his menu. This book was exactly what I expected: flirty, fun and frought with equal amounts of tension and steam.

Thank you to Gallery Books and NetGalley for the opportunity to read an
Mikayla
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
LOVED. Perfection, okay? Low stress, high cuteness level, enough plot to move the book but not so much that there was drama for the sake of drama. Highly recommend if you need a light romantic comedy, and I hope so hard we get to stay in this universe and get the other guys settled with the next book (I think we do!)
Maureen
Sep 16, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a pretty cute novel about Piper, who is a brewer and Blake, who owns a gastropub. There is a lot of beer-related jargon and banter. It is an easy read. Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for allowing me to be an early reader in exchange for my fair and honest review.
Danielle Phillips
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I write this review with coffee in hand and sleepy eyes because I pulled a very late night to finish this gem! From the first few words I was hooked. It normally takes me a few chapters to get into the grove but I was invested in Piper and Blake from the very beginning. Trouble Brewing is a light easy read, not complex but also not lacking in drama and a web of characters and plot turns. I would say that I wasn’t surprised by the ending and smiled as I finished the epilogue. The characters were ...more
Lizenbyl
Oct 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good novel regarding a woman breaking into the beer brewing male dominated world with support from her friends and ultimately finding someone to love in the process. Author shows readers what an truly independent woman looks like in a male dominated world.
Shelly
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you to NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review this delightful contemporary romance. The story of Piper, a young woman working to build her craft brewery on her on terms in a male-dominated business and Blake, the pub owner to whom she is instantly attracted to. Trouble Brewing is a pretty typical romance - steamy but not graphic - but the realistic dynamics of Piper and Blake's relationship and the complexity of their characters gives the story a believability not always found in ...more
Meredith
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Trouble Brewing is a sweet modern Romance featuring Piper and Blake. Piper is a brew-master trying to find recognition in a male dominated industry. Blake is a Gastropub owner who brings in Piper's beer and sparks fly. This reads like a Hallmark channel movie, I could even see Ryan McPartlin cast as Blake. While being utterly predictable, I still enjoyed the fierce independence of Piper and all of the 90's references (Animaniacs & Sandlot). I won this book with the Goodreads giveaways.
Therese
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really 3.5 stars. A very cute and fast read!
Megan Bustraan
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought his was just such a cute book. The best way for me to describe how it made me feel reading it is like how you feel wrapped up in your favorite blanket on a cold day. It was just really cute. I loved the main characters and their friends. The way the author described everyone made me want to sit down and have a beer with them too.

I would recommend this book to anyone that just needs a little escape for a little while.
Sara
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Originally reviewed for Chick Lit Central (www.chicklitcentral.com)

There is a fighting spirit within Piper, an entrepreneur who wants to do it all, and do it all on her own. I appreciated that drive within her, even in the moments that begin to feel a bit like self sabotage. Coming from a background of having a really hard time asking for and receiving help, I could relate and identify with Piper in that way, although she takes it to higher extremes where her craft beer is concerned.

She doesn’t
Lisa
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
review to come
Rebecca
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, netgalley
Thanks to the publisher, via Netgalley, for an advance e-galley in exchange for an honest review.

I have been wanting to read this book from the moment I saw comparisons to Amy Reichert's books, and when I saw that Amy Reichert herself gave this book 5 stars on Goodreads, I was absolutely sold. And wonder of wonders, this book truly delivered. I spent nearly 10 great years living in the Twin Cities, and thoroughly enjoyed the setting of this book, with lots of references to popular places in the
Marla
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful, easy read! I had been stuck in a reading rut for about two weeks. Nothing was catching my interest or keeping me wanting to read. Then I received a copy of Trouble Brewing in the mail that I had won on a Goodreads giveaway. I immediately started reading it and couldn't put it down! I finished it in two sessions (because I had to sleep haha). It was a very realistic and lighthearted story between two very similar people from different backgrounds with a common love of beer. Tast ...more
Marcia
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute story. Nothing particularly different other than Piper's occupation. Easy read.
Tamara Morning
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Title: Trouble Brewing
Author: Suzanne Baltsar
Genre: Contemporary romance
Rating: 4 out of 5

Piper Williams is an anomaly, a woman brewer sticks out in the small craft brew community in Minnesota. But Piper is determined to make it. She wants her beer to be a success—and she’d like to own her own brewery instead of using her garage.

Blake Reed owns the newest gastropub in town, and he’s agreed to stock four of Piper’s brews, so clearly dating him is out of the question. No matter how attractive Pip
Elizabeth Koenig
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very cute and fun! Living in Minneapolis and loving beer this was right up my ally.
Leslie
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brew me the sequel!

I loved these characters and became immediately immersed in the world the author has created. Piper and Blake are believable and you’ll root for them as if they’re your own friends. I laughed out loud, shed a few tears, and at one point had to take a few breaths and remind myself these were only characters in a book. 🤣 I am hoping there is a sequel in the works. I need another round! 😉
Jenea Whittington
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Trouble Brewing tells us the story of Piper and Blake who are just trying to make it in their dream jobs. Piper has dreamt of becoming a successful beer brewer while Blake is working hard to make his new Gastro Pub a success.

Piper is a characters that can frustrate you and make you root for all at the same time. She is extremely independent and strong as well. She is a woman who wants no outside help when it comes to her brewery business. At first I I had a hard time with her stubburness when it
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Key to Happily Ever After
  • Win Me Over (Hearts and Crafts, #2)
  • Life is Sweet
  • Her Kind of Trouble
  • The Perfect Recipe for Love and Friendship (O'Bannon Sisters, #1)
  • A Match Made on Main Street (Briar Creek, #2)
  • Gimme Some Sugar (Southern Eclectic, #3)
  • The Heart of Henry Quantum
  • Tracks in the Snow (Didn't Plan on Love, #3)
  • Some Like It Hot (Razor Bay, #2)
  • Come What May (All Saints, #1)
  • Angeleyes
  • Lustful Consequences
  • Say You Won't Go (Emerald Cove #2)
  • Last Summer
  • The Best Man's Proposal
  • The View from Alameda Island
  • Love Connection (#gaymers, 3.5)
Suzanne’s long history with books can be traced back to the second grade when she learned she could earn free pizzas in exchange for book reports, beginning her addiction to personal pan pizzas and reading. Her love for reading eventually turned into a love of storytelling. When she’s not writing romance novels, her nine-to-five is managing a small cinema, but she also has her own film company, fo ...more