Start by marking “The Shadow Glass (The Bone Witch, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Shadow Glass (The Bone Witch, #3)

The Shadow Glass

(The Bone Witch #3)

In the highly anticipated finale to the Bone Witch trilogy, Tea’s life—and the fate of the kingdoms—hangs in the balance

Tea is a bone witch with the dark magic needed to raise the dead. She has used this magic to breathe life into those she has loved and lost…and those who would join her army against the deceitful royals. But Tea's quest to conjure a shadowglass—to achiev
Expected publication: March 1st 2019 by Sourcebooks Fire

To ask other readers questions about The Shadow Glass, please sign up.

Rin Chupeco
Apr 19, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
The Bone Witch, stripped down to its barest bones, is about a girl and her brother - about relearning what it is to be family.

The Heart Forger is about loving someone despite their flaws and disagreements - about how living separate lives does not mean the lessening of bonds.

And the Shadowglass will be about learning to let go - and about finding hope in unexpected places.

I hope you guys like it. <3
Melanie
ARC provided by Sourcebooks in exchange for an honest review.

Brb, crying forever.

1.) The Bone Witch ★★★★
2.) The Heart Forger ★★★★★

Blog | Twitter | Tumblr | Instagram | Youtube | Twitch
Shealea

This broke me. If I had a heartsglass, it would be shattered into perpetually bleeding shards stained with my tears.

I’m going to need a lot of time.

Review to follow.

Rating: 5 stars
* Read the full reviews in my natural habitat: The Bone Witch | The Heart Forger | The Shadow Glass
Scarlett
Aug 29, 2018 rated it liked it
DRC received through Edelweiss!

Well, I finally made it to the end! I didn’t really enjoy this one as much as the first two books of the trilogy, but this was much more complex! Was it my fault? I have no idea!

The Shadowglass is the conclusion to the epic journey of our beloved Bone witch, Tea. In the first book, The Bone Witch, we got to learn about the world of Asha, skilled witches that resemble geisha a lot! They fight, they throw magic spells, they dance and entertain, they are political ad
Alice
Apr 26, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: tbr
EDIT: dammit the covers for this series are always good.

Pre-review:

I just wanna preface this with saying that I think Rin Chupeco is a cool person and I adore her (cough Twitter stalked her) but I can’t even with her writing and world building! Maybe it’s the publisher or editor? Idk. I am morbidly curious about what happens at the end of this series. I honestly loved the first 50 pages of Bone Witch but everything else afterwards was different than what I expected.

I honestly hope Drycht doesn’
Clephiro (The Book Coven)
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, fantasy, ya
Rin Chupeco is an absolute marvel with world-building. She has managed to create a beautiful and complex world including a detailed magic system, all the while telling this riveting story of a girl growing into her powers. The world of The Shadowglass is full of different countries, different cultures, and different people. These are genuinely imaginative lands with a basis in Asian culture. The only part of this book that was disappointing was knowing that my time in the world of The Bone Witch ...more
Christina (Ensconced in Lit)
I rate this book 2.5 stars. I guess it's taken me three books to be convinced this series is not for me. I kept hoping it would be different but to be honest, I'm not sure why it took three books to get where we are at the end of Shadowglass. The questions are the same (Is Tea really bad? Is there another bad guy? What the heck is going on with the Bard anyway?), and the arcs are not big enough in each book individually for it to make sense to draw it out this long. Since I was more annoyed then ...more
Jenny
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm dead. Tea pls raise me.

(better review to come later lmao)
Becca Jacquin
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was provided a digital ARC in exchange for an honest review courtesy of Edelweiss.
Chupeco doesn't disappoint with this finale in her whirlwind The Bone Witch trilogy.
Once again, Chupeco divides her story between Now and Then, weaving the two story lines expertly so readers are uncovering the fate of Tea while learning about the journey that brought her there.
Shadowglass revisits the lore of Blade that Soars and the fallout of Tea's actions from the previous book.
Though so much happens in this
Abi (The Knights Who Say Book)
This series' covers kill me every time. They're so goddamn gorgeous and this book is going to be SO intense!
Britt
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Wahhh. I’m crying but I’m happy. but I’m sad. but I’m happy?
I had a feeling the end of this series would ruin me – and this book did not disappoint.

The world-building in these books is unreal. It is such a deeply detailed and intricate world full of action, darkness, love, diversity, and magic. The perfect high-fantasy series.

This third book is still so mysterious with the way it is told between the two perspectives of Bard (the person who is recording the events of the Bone Witch’s life in cur
Isabella
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I got this ARC in exchange for an honest review!

We follow Tea's journey from her days as a novice to her downfall and her cast as villain. Shadowglass is the end of this story.

Tea is such an endearing character when she is younger that you can't help but love her. Her present self's villainousness is so filled with sorrow and sadness, that you can't help but empathize with her. Much like the bard, we find ourselves cheering for her, even when the present tells us we shouldn't.

This book, as Chu
USOM
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
(Disclaimer: I received this free book from the publisher. This has not impacted my review which is unbiased and honest.)

I am definitely not ready for it to be over. I've had the ARC for a few months (by the time you read this it will have been SO many months) and it's why I put it off so long. I can't even handle how much this book will wreck me. I am in love with The Bone Witch trilogy from the smallest details, Rin's dedications, all the way to the larger themes of ambitious girls and unfair
Katie
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
THE SHADOW GLASS was a perfect ending for this series. It was heartbreaking, magical, hopeful, and so grounded in the magical world that I never wondered where I was.
I really can't say much because of spoilers, but I can't wait for everyone to experience the heartbreaking joy that is this book!! I truly loved it.
Sarai Henderson
Well, I finally got through this book. I didn't really like it as much as I liked the first too. This one seemed heavy and bogged down. I guess the best way to explain it was that the story was thick. I still loved the characters though, they really made the book worth while.

Received an advance reader copy in exchange for a fair review.
Lupita
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome epic adventure! A true heartfelt study of what it means to become evil when you also have a conscience. Wonderful narrative style with stories intertwining and meeting in the end. But not the end, more to come!
Nemo (The Moonlight Library)
Oct 31, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: wow
I desperately want to read this I don't know if I can wait for the audiobook because the narrators are just so amazing!
Marcy Lowry
Aug 30, 2018
Myrth
Jun 09, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
For updates, events, and new releases, sign up for her newsletter at http://www.rinchupeco.com/newsletter

------------------------

Despite an unsettling resemblance to Japanese revenants, Rin always maintains her sense of hummus. Born and raised in Manila, Philippines, she keeps four pets: a dog, two birds, and a husband. Dances like the neighbors are watching.

She is represented by Rebecca Podos of

The Bone Witch (3 books)
  • The Bone Witch (The Bone Witch, #1)
  • The Heart Forger (The Bone Witch, #2)