Start by marking “A Guardian of Slaves (A Slave of the Shadows #2)” as Want to Read:
A Guardian of Slaves (A Slave of the Shadows #2)

A Guardian of Slaves

(A Slave of the Shadows #2)

Willow Hendricks is now the Lady of Livingston. She manages this plantation with her father and best friend Whitney Barry. The two women continue her parents’ secret abolitionist mission. They use the family’s ships and estates to transport escaped slaves along the channels to freedom. Willow’s love for Bowden Armstrong is as strong as ever, but she is not ready to marry a ...more
Published February 5th 2019 by Huntson Press Inc.

To ask other readers questions about A Guardian of Slaves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Guardian of Slaves

Amy Bruno
You can call me a Naomi Finley fangirl now, friends! I've been wanting to read her since she released A Slave of Shadows and I'm so glad that I finally did. A Guardian of Slaves was a fascinating read!

I hadn't had the chance to read the first book in the series, A Slave of Shadows, yet. But it didn't take away from my enjoyment of this follow up. In fact, I want to read the first book even more now to see what I missed!

Willow is now running the Livingston Plantation after her father Charles is k
Imogen
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting insight into the injustices surrounding slavery from the perspective of a strong central female character. Many twists and turns in the plot keep the reader’s attention to the end. A worthy sequel to A Slave of the Shadows.
Sharon
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, giveaways-won
Well written with strong characters this story provided an involved journey that was at times emotional and/or thought provoking as situations awaited address or answers were sought.
Recommended 4 star read.

My thanks to goodreads and the giveaway sponsors for the opportunity to obtain a copy of this book.
D.K. Ricks
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wait! I want to go to the Wedding!

What a great read! I was hooked in the beginning, so happy to continue the story and find out the mysteries of Willow's life and who the Guardian was for the people.
Mary Grace hardships were hard to read, so sad for her Family.
So next Story Please! Looking forward to more!
Darcee Kraus
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I won this in the goodreads giveaway. You do not have to read the first book to follow the story but after reading the second I am looking for the first! Naomi Finley is a talented author who enticed me to invest in the characters more than usual.
Cindy
Feb 17, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful story

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This isn't an especially exciting story and it moves slowly. But, it's a wonderful story that highlights some of the conflicts of the time.
Becky
Feb 12, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I looked forward to reading this book after I won it from Goodreads, but unfortunately I just could not get into the book. The writing was easy, but I just could not connect to any of the characters. This may have to do with it being a sequel to another book that I have never read.
Jessica Aiken-Hall
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a great book! I couldn’t put it down. Looking forward to the next in the series!
Aletha Pagett
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love, mystery and heroism in the antebellum period. Need I say more! Great read!
Victor Berube
Charles Walsh
Mar 16, 2019
Ruth Mathieu
Feb 10, 2019
Naomi is a bestselling and award-winning author living in Northern Alberta. She loves to travel and her suitcase is always on standby awaiting her next adventure. Naomi's affinity for the Deep South and its history was cultivated during her childhood living in a Tennessee plantation house with six sisters. Her fascination with history and the resiliency of the human spirit to overcome obstacles ar ...more

A Slave of the Shadows (2 books)
  • A Slave of the Shadows