Start by marking “In Times Gone By (Golden Gate Secrets, #3)” as Want to Read:
In Times Gone By (Golden Gate Secrets, #3)

In Times Gone By

(Golden Gate Secrets #3)

After getting left at the altar, Kenzie Gifford flees to San Francisco to start her life over, determined never to love again. She's made new friends and has a good job in the office of her cousin's chocolate factory. The only thorn in her side is Dr. Micah Fisher, who insists on pursuing her despite her constant rejection.

Then the Great 1906 Earthquake strikes the city, a
Paperback, Large Print, 443 pages
Published September 4th 2018 by Bethany House Publishers (first published September 2018)

To ask other readers questions about In Times Gone By, please sign up.
Shelly Lisano Yes and no. You can read it as a stand alone but it is best enjoyed in order and without much time between. Each story in the series builds on the…moreYes and no. You can read it as a stand alone but it is best enjoyed in order and without much time between. Each story in the series builds on the last with just enough background in the first 4 chapters to remind you what was before or fill in the blanks if you hadn't read the previous 2 books.
Personally I felt that they really should have been marked as one longer story instead of 3 separate books although each one focuses on a different girl.(less)

Sarah Grace Grzy
Oct 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Ages 16+ for romance
Peterson's newest novel takes you into an early 20th century San Francisco filled with intrigue, danger, and political corruption. While this is the third book in the Golden Gate Secrets series and I have not read the first two, I was still able to enjoy the story and was not confused about anything that happened in the first two books.

Our main characters, Kenzie and Micah, are both interesting characters, if a little one-dimensional. While understandable, Kenzie's fear of being in a romantic r
Kelly Bridgewater
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Tracie Peterson has written over a hundred novels, so of course, she knows the mechanics of a good novel and keeps pumping them out. With her Golden Gate Secrets series, I came to know her writing and her characters a lot better. I have enjoyed this series from the amazing characters to the plot. Peterson captured my attention and didn't let go.
The Golden Gate Secrets series involves three women who meet on a train and follow their adventures as they arrive in a new city and ends right after th
Christian Fiction Addiction
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"In Times Gone By" is just the sort of book you hope for when you've been thoroughly enjoying a series and are hoping that things will come to a fitting - and exciting - conclusion. Each novel in this series has had its own unique flavour and each has been equally satisfying, with this last novel perhaps even being more so! Kenzie grabbed my attention in the first novel for her grit and pluck but also because of the deep wound she was harbouring from her past, something us readers can really rel ...more
Lori
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved the setting for this book. I admire Tracie Peterson for her ability to write these wonderful stories.
I don't think that much is written about the earthquake of San Francisco in 1906.
Tracie writes in a way that I could imagine myself being in with the people and what they went through during that terrible time. I loved the way the people of the community came together in their time of need and helped each other.
I think it's awful that it takes something like this to make people come t
Cheryl
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
This story is set right after the San Francisco earthquake and fire. George is missing and Kenzie is determined to look for him. Judith is sure he will be ok and reminds Kenzie that Micah says he will be fine. Micah is a doctor who wants to marry Kenzie but after she was left at the alter she is wary of men. Reading the first two in the series is really best to understand the background of Judith, her family and boyfriend.
Kristina
In Times Gone By is the third novel in Golden Gate Secrets series by Tracie Peterson. It is April of 1906 in San Francisco and the city has just suffered devastating earth quakes. Kenzie Gifford and her friends have relocated to a large warehouse to help those in need. The warehouse will be turned into a shelter for women and children which will be called Shelter Rock. Kenzie, at her friend’s urging, recently wrote her ex-fiancé, Arthur to let him know she forgives him for not showing up at the ...more
Lisa Johnson
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Title: In Times Gone By (Golden Gate Secrets #3)
Author: Tracie Peterson
Pages: 317
Year: 2018
Publisher: Bethany House
My rating is 4 out of 5 stars.
Having read books one and two in the series, I was excited to get book three from the library so I could sit down and get to Kenzie’s story. Kenzie Gifford has sworn that she will never love again. She was left at the altar, humiliated and devastated in front of her family and friends. She has come to California to begin life with a fresh start. She ha
Claudia
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In Times Gone By is the third book in Peterson's Golden Gate Secrets series. Each of the books in the series focuses on one of the three leading female characters. I loved the first two books, but was not expecting this last one to be quite as intriguing as the others because Kenzie Gifford was my least favorite of these characters. I could not have been more wrong. This is my absolute favorite book in the series. Kenzie, who was once left at the altar and subsequently displayed behaviors that ...more
Tanya Brown
Dec 29, 2018 rated it liked it
My Reflections:
Tracy Peterson knows how to pen an engaging story, her newest novel is no exception. The plot is brimming with danger, intrigue and twists and turns that just might make your head spin. This is the third book in the series "Golden Gate Secrets" and although the plot ties in nicely with the previous characters this novel has enough detail to be considered a stand-alone.

I really didn't expect that I would so quickly be drawn into this story. I absolutely adore Tracy Peterson and he
Pam
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In Times Gone By: Golden Gate Secrets Book 3 is by Tracie Peterson. This book takes place in San Francisco just after the quake of 1906. This devastating quake ignited fires which then helped to destroy the rest of the town. By morning, rescuers were out trying to find people in the rubble of the buildings. The army came in to help with looting and to set up shelters and provide food for the survivors. The army also put able bodied people to work clearing the streets of rubble. Unfortunately, so ...more
Robin Willson
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This continues the story of three young women who met on a train to San Francisco, each with their own agenda. They are at different levels of faith. All of the books teach a full understanding of Christian faith, and the characters all grow in their lives through that faith. Its during a time of great corruption within the city, which they are fighting to keep their businesses and homes. This story happens during the big earthquake. Even with the struggles they have personally, they reach out t ...more
June Jacobs
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read the previous two books in this series, and this one is my favorite!

I think it's my favorite because I really connected with the main character, Kenzie Gifford. I related well to her personality and her personal background. She was a sweet character who had overcome many challenges in her life but was afraid to take the steps forward she knew would lead to happiness.

Tracie Peterson is one of my all-time favorite authors, and as usual she did not disappoint on the historical facts and ambie
Patricia Lott
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved this book. I can honestly say that I would love for this series to come to us as a movie or Hallmark mimiseries.

Tracie Peterson manages to tell Kenzie's story and wrap up all the loose ends from Camri and Judith stories at the same time without taking away from her Story.

I do wish that Victoria would have been handled differently, like Reuff leaving her penniless and forcing her into the business and her being rescued by the trio...or ending up with Arthur and learning money c
Bailey
In Times Gone By is a nice conclusion to the Golden Gate Secrets series. There are a lot of entertaining elements. The life after the earthquakes and the reconstruction that happens was exciting and interesting to read about. Their shelter home, the army control, the medical needs, and the rebuilding were all excellent story bits that made a vivid setting. Victoria's storyline was an intriguing addition. She had such a different perspective, and I was glad that no one fell for her schemes. I wou ...more
Marnie
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Set right after the 1906 Earthquake in San Francisco, the story opens with Kenzie Gifford and friends. Kenzie is sealing her heart against love, due to being left at the alter. Dr. Micah Fisher believes she is worth the wait, though, and pursues her honestly and slowly. With the aftermath of the earthquake, Kenzie and her friends are staffing a shelter for displaced persons. This keeps them quite busy, along with Kenzie’s search for her uncle, a chocolatier who has been unheard from in several d ...more
Amy
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In Times Gone By is the third installment from Tracie Peterson‘s Golden Gate Secrets series. I believe this one is my favorite from the series. I instantly felt connected to Kenzie. Especially, when her strength showed through when tragedy strikes and how she started to change. I enjoyed the historical details, making me want to learn more about the events.

I give In Times Gone By a well-deserved 5+ stars. I highly recommend it. It is such a wonderful and inspiring story.

I received this book fro
Sandra
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the third novel in the Golden Gate Secret Series. It takes place just after the great earthquake and fires of 1906. The devastation and destruction caused to thousands, is mind boggling. There were so may deaths and injures and hospitals destroyed. Along with corruption in politics, it made for a very hard time. This last book in the series is about Kenzie Gifford, who has fled to San Francisco after being left at the altar. Dr. Micah Fisher is one of my favorite characters from this ser ...more
Eddist Rhett
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Golden Gate Secrets Book #3

Tracie once again with all three books in this series hit a home run for me! Sharing God's Word and seeing the main Characters grow stronger in His Word and faith ,love caring for each other had them coming through each circumstance coming closer to living an amazing life fill with love as God would have them! Calrb, Camariann, Judith, Micah, Kenzie and Patrick all ended in marriages that God could have only blessed! Dr. Micah Fisher, Attorney Caleb Coulter, and Patric
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love, love love Tracie Peterson! Every book in every series is well written and always a pleasure to read. The cover art is stunning.

In Times Gone By is the final book in her amazing series, Golden Gate Secrets.
Problem is I want more...more of Kenzie and her Dr. Micah; more of Judith and her lawyer Caleb, and more of Camri and her Irishman Patrick.

More of the rebuilding of San Francisco after the Great Earthquake and the devastating fires afterwards...the rebuilding and restoration.

Yes, more
Carolyn Scheidies
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the third and last in the series. Kenzie is afraid to love again after being left at the altar, but the doctor is working on her heart. But just when she begins to trust, her former groom-to-be shows up with quite the story. Will Kenzie be able to sort out fact from fiction? This is a good ending to the series, telling not only Kenzie's story but also wrapping up the stories of her friends--all who met on the train heading to San Fransisco for one reason or another. Faith and love and tr ...more
Terry Houchin
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm so excited to know the rest of the story!

I've been waiting for this final installment in the Golden Gate Series. I love the three main characters; Camri, Judith and Kenzie. All three are in this book as well, even though this book is primarily about Kenzie and her predicament.

The characters are what make this story. The author gets the reader fully invested in the out come for each of  the ladies right from the beginning. We want to see them succeed and get their happily ever after.
Marilyn Johnson
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is book three in the Golden Gate Secrets series. It is somewhat of a stand alone book, however you will miss lots of past history of all the characters and even on some things that are solved in this novel from previous books. So I would suggest reading the series in order for best understanding.

This novel focus' on Kenzie Gifford and Dr. Micah Fisher. While San Francisco is rebuilding much is happening with Kenzie, Micah and all their friends. There is history, romance and suspense in this
Chrystal
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: must-read, reread
Excellent! I couldn’t stand to put it down for wanting to know what happened next. The plot was constantly pushing the next event and suspense forward. It was definitely the best of the 3 books in the series and a fabulous conclusion to the trilogy of the the girls and their conquests in San Francisco. I’d definitely read it again and hope to soon!
Beverly Knudsen
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a wonderful ending to a very good series. I hadn't read any fiction based upon the devastation of the San Francisco earthquake and fire. Tracie Peterson does a great job of making this tragedy real without getting too depressing. I appreciate the hardships and gentle romance that blossoms. I definitely recommend this book and this series.
Susann Williams
I couldn’t wait to read this last book in the series, as the first two were page-turners. This one wasn’t. It’s focus was more on the romance of the characters. While I realize that to wrap up the stories that were introduced from the beginning, I just wanted a little more. I’m still a Tracie Peterson fan and will continue to read her books.
Dianne Sidebottom
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kensie and Micah's story plus the continuing of Judith and Caleb, Camri and Patrick during the earthquake of San Francisco. (I did get mixed up with another author who had big hats on the cover) Just to mention; the women go to Melbourne Cup to show off in the hat parade. I am a little envious of the three women n their men friendships which makes for find reading. What's next?
Mary
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Even though I didn’t read the first two books in this series, I enjoyed the story of these three couples. The historical references to the San Francisco earthquake and fires added to the storyline for me also.
Patricia Hullett
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Golden Gate Secrets was the best series!! Book #3 In Times Gone By was great! Tracie Peterson wrote a wonderful story with romance, suspense, and detailed information on the 1906 San Francisco earthquake. I loved it!
Jana
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent read! It’s a historical fiction genre, which I love. Its’ setting is San Francisco in 1906 following the earthquake and subsequent fires. It is a story of how heartache and loss can transform into everlasting love through trusting God’s plan.
Kenzie
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All the books of this series came to a satisfying end with In Times Gone By! I highly recommend reading this exciting historical romance. I learned a lot about the history of San Francisco while thoroughly enjoying the story line. Great writing, great book and great series!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• From This Day Forward (Song of Blessing #4)
  • A Daring Venture (Empire State, #2)
  • A Reluctant Bride (Bride Ships, #1)
  • An Hour Unspent (Shadows Over England, #3)
  • The Blessed (Shaker, #4)
  • More Than Meets the Eye (Patchwork Family, #1)
  • The Key on the Quilt (The Quilt Chronicles #1)
  • Mary: Chosen of God
  • A Sweet Misfortune (Virtues and Vices of the Old West, #2)
  • The Reluctant Warrior (High Sierra Sweethearts, #2)
  • Where Hope Prevails (Return to the Canadian West #3)
  • Keturah (The Sugar Baron's Daughters, #1)
  • A Dream for Tomorrow (Homeward on the Oregon Trail, #2)
  • The Lady of Tarpon Springs
Tracie Peterson is a bestselling author who writes in both historical and contemporary genres. Her novels reveal her love for research as well as her strong desire to develop emotionally meaningful characters and stories for her readers. Tracie and her family live in Montana.

pen name: Janelle Jamison

Golden Gate Secrets (3 books)
  • In Places Hidden (Golden Gate Secrets #1)
  • In Dreams Forgotten (Golden Gate Secrets, #2)