Start by marking “The Christmas Heirloom: Four Holiday Novellas of Love Through the Generations” as Want to Read:
The Christmas Heirloom: Four Holiday Novellas of Love Through the Generations

The Christmas Heirloom: Four Holiday Novellas of Love Through the Generations

(Bradford Sisters Romance #2.5)

Perfect for the Christmas season, four beloved authors bring their bestselling, award-winning talents to a multigenerational collection of romantic holiday novellas. In stories ranging from 1820s Regency England to present-day Washington state, readers will be treated to Christmas tales of an heirloom brooch passed from mother to daughter for almost two hundred years. Will ...more
Published October 2nd 2018 by Bethany House Publishers (first published October 2018)

To ask other readers questions about The Christmas Heirloom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Christmas Heirloom

Deborah
This book covers four stories all featuring a beautiful heirloom broach passed down from mother to daughter. The heirloom brings love with it.

Legacy of Love

The first story starts in 1827 Lancashire, England.

Sarah is a companion to Dowager Countess of Densbury. While she doesn’t like much of the dowagers family she is intrigued by Randall Everard. Randal was also curious about Sarah when she first arrived but he’s since determined that she’s just a meek and mild girl.
It turns out Sarah is so muc
Mackey
It was while I was reminiscing over my own heirlooms that I came across The Christmas Heirloom, four short novellas based on a Luckenbooth brooch that has been passed down from mother to daughter through the centuries. It was the perfect holiday read!

Briefly, there are four complete novellas centered around the heirloom brooch. In the first, Legacy of Love, we are at the beginning of the brooch's story. Sarah is a companion to a dowager Countess who is dying. It is Sarah's wish to bring her as
Beth
Legacy of Love by Kristi Ann Hunter
What a sweet novella! I read this in one sitting this morning with my coffee, and what a lovely indulgence it was. A Christmas-y feeling permeates much of this story, reminding the reader that it doesn't matter the day, one can always celebrate Christmas. The introduction to the brooch that ties all of the leading ladies together has a touching origin. The romance is endearing and doesn't feel rushed, but fits in well within the parameters and time frame of the
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
I enjoyed each of the stories in this collection by four of Bethany House's strong authors! It was neat that they took place in different eras, connected by the heirloom brooch that is passed down the maternal line. With each story I was immersed in the setting and characters, and a full story arc was achieved in the space of a novella. The romances were sweet and full of chemistry between the lead characters, making the stories come to life. This is a collection that I plan to read again in the ...more
Jen.
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Christmas Heirloom is a beautiful collection of heartwarming stories filled with the spirit of Christmas!

I love the idea behind this novella collection! Four authors who each write in very different styles and equally different time periods joined together to write one story that spans generations. The execution was flawless and each author took special care in making sure her story blended well into the next.

Legacy of Love by Kristi Ann Hunter – This novella had it all! Humor. Tenderness.
Hannah
Cute concept. Most suffered from a bit of the cram-too-much-in syndrome common to novellas, though Witemeyer’s didn't.

Legacy of Love: Kristi Ann Hunter 3 stars
This one was a little difficult for me to get into, but turned out really sweet. It’s about a young woman in Regency era whose future doesn’t look too rosy until a friend gives her the brooch.

Gift of the Heart: Karen Witemeyer 5 stars
I’m still thinking about how sweet and engaging this little story is. It’s by far my favorite stor
Madison
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Heirloom is a collection of four delightful novellas. While each are set during Christmas, there is nothing to stop you enjoying this collection all year round. From a story set during the Georgian era to contemporary story, these four novellas span many generations of women following their dreams and their hearts.

Legacy of Love by Kristi Ann Hunter

This is the first of Kristi Ann Hunter’s works that I have read. I don’t usually read books set during the Georgian era, but I found Legacy of L
Caitlyn Santi
What an absolutely delightful novella collection! I loved how perfectly the brooch was woven into each of the novellas! I adored every single one of these stories and highly recommend The Christmas Heirloom!

Legacy of Love by Kristi Ann Hunter
This adorable novella drew me in from the first page and didn't let go!
I absolutely loved Sarah and Randall's story! The dowager Countess of Densbury quickly became a favorite secondary character. Kristi's writing was fantastic as always and I absolutely lo
Fiction Aficionado
I don’t always go for novella collections, partly because the stories tend to meld together in my mind after I've read a couple of them, but there’s absolutely no chance of that happening with this collection. Each of these stories is set in a distinctly different time and place: England, 1827; Texas, 1890; West Virginia, 1958; and modern-day Washington. Each of the heroines also has a very distinctive voice, from the gun-toting Fleeta Brady: “She wanted to be a gunsmith. To take care of her fam ...more
Melissa
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: newbies-2018
This is an utterly charming collection of Christmas stories by some of my all time favorite authors. Spanning multiple generations of a family with a broach handed down from mother to daughter made for some enjoyable stories and characters to meet along the way. Most of the stories have connections to the authors series, so to see the tie-ins there was completely fun. From England in the 1820's to present day Washington, there is a story for everyone and with the sweetness of Christmas thrown in ...more
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
As the author of one of the stories this was an extra fun book for me. While we collaborated on the overall stories, the details were left to each author. Reading the stories before mine was like hitting a gold mine of ancestry information and the story after mine was a peek into the future. That alone made this a favorite book of the year!
Trixi
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a treasure trove collection of stories! I love the over-arching theme of following along the journey a family heirloom takes—a luckenbooth brooch given to four generations. Legend has it that whoever owns this brooch will find true love! First passed down to Sarah Gooding in 1827 from Lady Densbey who in turn, introduced her grandson, thus starting a chain reaction that spanned the years to our own modern day! I really enjoyed this because I not only read four love stories, but they were al ...more
Courtney Clark
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas
Legacy of Love by Kristi Ann Hunter

Delightful and a nice start to the series, I especially enjoyed seeing the characters learn their worth and find an unexpected connection in this story.

Gift of the Heart by Karen Witemeyer

Though this was a novella, I thought it a well fleshed-out story in a very believable timeline. With Karen’s usual humor and endearing characters, this story takes a hero who would consider himself unlikely and pairs him with a darling little girl and a strong woman who never
Amy
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Probably the most unique and cleverly written set of novellas I've ever read! Every set of short stories will have some kind of connecting theme, but this has knocked it out of the park!

Starting with Kristi Ann Hunter's story, set in late 18th century England. The beginnings of the journey of the heirloom brooch, that will find itself being passed through the generations, right through to present day. It will cross the Atlantic, and see life through every kind of hardship and sweet joy.

There's
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
This was a wonderful book. I wish I would have had a chance to review it when I first finished it, I was on a short vacation with my family.

This is a romance that spans generations. It starts with a Dowager who passes along a locket she received from her husband when they were married. She gives it to her Lady's Companion, who marries her grandson. The locket is passed on to through the maternal line. It brings love into the lives of the women who receive it.

Each story was well written and a joy
Doreen
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kristi Ann Hunter starts out the novellas with “Legacy of Love.” It was a wonderful tale. I loved the spunky grandma who liked to really live and have fun while her family tried to ignore her scandalous behavior. Her companion doesn’t realize grandma is also a matchmaker. I laughed out loud and cried just as hard. The three main characters were developed so beautifully. I really came to care for them.
In “Gift of the Heart” by Karen Witemeyer, a little girl stole my heart with her funny ways and
Melanie
The Christmas Heirloom has something for everyone. The four novellas span generations so you get historical AND contemporary stories.

I loved how all four novellas went together and yet were their own individual story. I didn't really have a favorite, although I loved how the first one showcased how the original woman got the heirloom.

All in all, I read this collection mainly because of Wade's contribution, but I ended up enjoying them all and recommend the book.

*Disclosure of Material Connecti
Tamara
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've never been a big fan of novellas though I do read them, I don't like that there isn't a lot of character development. I wasn't even planning on reading this novel because there were too many authors in my opinion! But I'm a sucker for e-books that are deeply discounted. My favorite novella was a tie between Karen Witemeyer and Sarah Loudin Thomas, but all of them were fantastic, and I liked the twist of the brooch being passed on the women through the generations and passage of time.

Tricia Mingerink
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I purchased this collection mostly for the novellas by Karen Witemeyer (a longtime favorite author) and Kristi Ann Hunter (a newer favorite author). I've read a few things by Becky Wade, but I've never read anything by Sarah Loudin Thomas, so I wasn't sure what to expect.

This collection was also narrated by 4 different narrators in the audiobook version, which also was a little unusual.

Overall, I really enjoyed this collection and I loved how the novellas flowed and connected together. It's a
Trisha Robertson (Joy of Reading)
I enjoyed reading the heart-warming stories of love in this delightful collection. Beginning with the first story, Legacy of Love by Kristi Ann Hunter, we follow the legacy of a beautiful brooch as it is passed first from Grandmother to Grandson's intended and then from mother to daughter.

Each story takes place during the Christmas season, and is sure to put you in the holiday mood! With moments that had me laughing out loud and then gasping in surprise, I was fully enchanted with these charmin
Brittany
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful collection of novellas! I thoroughly enjoyed each and every story! I also loved the connection of the piece of heirloom jewelry that traveled through the ages and tied all of these romantic stories together. This collection is definitely one that should not be missed.

In Legacy of Love by Kristi Ann Hunter, I loved the way the two main characters cared for the aging Lady Densbury. Sarah and Randall captured my heart with they way they both loved Randall’s grandmother.

In Gift of t
Rachel
Feb 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Four novellas by different authors that are all tied together by a brooch that is passed down generations.

Kristi Ann Hunter ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Karen Whitmeyer ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Sarah Laudin Thomas ⭐⭐⭐
Becky Wade ⭐⭐
Faith
Title: The Christmas Heirloom: Four Holiday Novellas of Love through the Generations
Written By: Kristi Ann Hunter, Karen Witemeyer, Sarah Loudin Thomas, and Becky Wade
Genre: Christian Romance
Recommended Ages: 13 & up

Introduction:
When I had the opportunity to receive a review copy of this book, I knew I wanted to. Mainly because one of my favorite authors wrote one of these novellas. I wasn't disappointed by her book. The others... Well, one was rather disappointing and the other two were onl
Natalie Walters
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Oh, this Christmas novella collection is SO sweet!! These amazing authors collaborated bringing the stories of four families separated by generation but connected through the legacy and legend of an heirloom that brings the promise of love and hope to the characters. What I love about novella collections like these is being introduced to new authors--especially ones outside of genres I normally read. Each of these authors brings her very best in their story, delivering developed characters and p ...more
Sandra
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love these authors, so I am not the least bit surprised that I loved each of these novellas. As the description tells us these stories take place from 1820's Regency England to the present day. There are several different locations and different families all tied together by the Scottish heirloom brooch passed down in history from mother to daughter through the generations.

I was not prepared to become so involved in each of these novels. I found myself laughing through parts, but more than no
Terry Houchin
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful collection of stories whose common thread is a brooch that is passed on from generation to generation.

The story begins in Legacy of Love by Kristi Ann Hunter. We meet the original owner of the brooch. An elderly woman who passes the brooch on to her companion.

In Karen Witemeyer's Gift of the Heart we meet Ruth who is now in possession of the brooch. She is a descendant  of the companion from the first story. I think this story was my favorite in the collection. I loved what a s
ضحى الحداد
I really liked the overall atmosphere of this book .. and I REALLY liked how connected are the stories through that Brooch the family heir loom .. here are my rating for the stories
Legacy of Love : the concept was ok I guess although I did like the grandmother story much more than the relationship between Sarah and Renold .. but it was sweet 3/5

Gift of the Heart : CUUUUUTTEEEE LOVED it soo much :D 5/5

A Shot At Love: so boring .. the relayionship didn't grab me at all 2/5

Because of You: it was n
Dawn
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Having a book that follows generations is always fun. I've read things by these authors before, and I've loved them. Seeing them come together to do a holiday novella collection was rather fun. It's hard to pick a favorite one since I really enjoyed all four of them. This collection contains one set in the mid 1800's, post Civil War, 1950's, and present day, so there is truly something for everyone.

I received a copy from the publisher on behalf of one of the authors in order to share my thoughts
Andrea Boyd
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kristi Ann Hunter's contribution to this collection really makes the book. I laughed and had my heart broken all in one little novella. The grandmother character reminded me of my own grandmother. Reading this story made me miss her more.
I also loved Karen Witemeyer's story.
And I'll stop right there.
Clara
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Nothing like four talented authors getting together to write everyone’s favorite genre: Christmas novella.
I thought the idea of a brooch being passed down through generations fantastic! And what a bittersweet beginning with the telling of its own story
💚
Tis the season to revisited beloved characters/settings and see them finding love.
Well done!

*I received a review copy from the publisher. All opinions are my own.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Timeless Love: Romantic Stories that Span the Ages
  • One Thing I Know
  • A Return of Devotion (Haven Manor, #2)
  • One Enchanted Noël (Enchanted Christmas Collection #3)
  • The Cautious Maiden (The Everstone Chronicles, #4)
  • A Texas Legacy Christmas (Texas Legacy #4)
  • Love in the Details: A November Wedding Story
  • At Love's Bidding (Ozark Mountain Romance, #2)
  • A Love So True (Teaville Moral Society, #2)
  • A Convenient Christmas Wedding (Frontier Bachelors, #5)
  • On Magnolia Lane (Blue Ridge, #3)
  • Searching for You (Orphan Train, #3)
  • An October Bride (A Year of Weddings, #11)
  • A Texan's Choice (Heart of a Hero, #3)
  • The Alamo Bride (Daughters of the Mayflower, #7)
For those who love to smile as they read, bestselling author Karen Witemeyer offers warmhearted historical romance with a flair for humor, feisty heroines, and swoon-worthy Texas heroes. A transplant from California, Karen came to Texas for college, met a cowboy disguised as a computer nerd, married him, and never left the state that had become home.

Winner of the National Reader's Choice Award, H

Bradford Sisters Romance (4 books)
  • True to You (A Bradford Sisters Romance, #1)
  • Falling for You (A Bradford Sisters Romance, #2)
  • Because of You (A Bradford Sisters Romance, #2.5)
  • Sweet on You (A Bradford Sisters Romance, #3)
“Joy, the sort of joy that Christmas is truly about--the kind that springs from hope and from putting the needs of others before your own--expanded within Maddie.” 0 likes
“God had taken away the summer sun, but now He'd provided something fresh and beautiful in its own way. The snow of winter. A new season had come.” 0 likes