Start by marking “A Husband of Her Own (Dundee, Idaho, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Husband of Her Own (Dundee, Idaho, #2)

A Husband of Her Own (Dundee, Idaho #2)

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  1,079 Ratings  ·  62 Reviews

Rebecca Wells desperately wants to overcome her reputation. She's finally trying to put an end to her twenty-four-year rivalry with the perfect Josh Hill, a rivalry that began when she was a kid and the Hills moved in across the street. Great-looking, popular, a successful horse rancher, Josh is Dundee's golden boy--and the son her father always wanted.

But even when her fa

Published May 1st 2003 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about A Husband of Her Own, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Husband of Her Own

*TANYA*
Apr 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best-of-2017
THIS BOOK WAS ADORABLE!!!! It's one of those you mustn't judge by the book cover or title!! Lol. Very endearing!!!
Leona
Oct 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hqn-presents
I thought this was practically perfect in every way except there were a couple of glitches that kept me from giving it a 5 star rating.

1) Her dysfunctional relationship with her family never came to a comfortable closure.
2) The heroine's actions and reactions were immature for a woman who was almost 30. I felt like they lessened her and negatively impacted the overall story.

But still, this was a very enjoyable read and a book I would highly recommend since it is very different from your typica
Tia
Apr 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
I need to say this book was pretty epic. I think I laughed almost all the way through. I love that it touched base with the very first novel of the series, not to mention the fact that the heroine finally got her happy ending. She deserved it and deep down she is a good person. I was proud of the hero finally stepping up to the plate, it was a great read!
Éride
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Reseña de MI ADORADO ENEMIGO
Mi adorado enemigo es una novela romántica escrita por Brenda Novak en el año 2003. Cuenta con un total de 208 páginas.
Rebecca es una peluquera residente en un pequeño pueblo de EEUU. Odia su vida, pero sobre todo, odia que todo el mundo le eche en cara su terrible pasado como niña problemática. A esto se le suma el hecho de que su padre nunca la ha aceptado tal y como es, y, por ello, hubiera deseado que su hijo fuera el vecino, Josh Hill. Un hombre rico, respetable,
Jane Stewart
Weak 3 stars. I wanted more relationship development.

Most of the story was Rebecca feeling angst and hating her enemy Josh who lived nearby. Rebecca resented Josh her whole life because her father praised Josh and acted like he resented that Rebecca was his daughter. Rebecca desires Josh but won’t give into her feelings. Then all of a sudden close to the end of the book, things change, they are in love. I would have liked some slow build of the relationship. That was missing. But I did like the
Carol
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: brenda-novak
The town of Dundee, Idaho, Mayor has a wild child
named Rebecca Wells. Rebecca is trying to overcome
her reputation. She is planning to marry and move
to Nebraska. But her internet love keeps postponing
the wedding.
In the waiting process, her father asks Rebecca to
call a truce with her childhood adversary who lives
down the street from her parents.
Josh Hill, Dundee's golden boy, is the competitor
in this twenty-four year rivalry.
Can a truce be called between Rebecca and Josh?
Or will it become s
Martel
Sep 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-read
I really enjoyed this audiobook, beautifully narrated by Amy McFadden whose energetic speech highlighted the main character's tomboy attitude. The humor was great and I often found myself laughing out loud while listening . But the book also had a more serious and darker part. Of course, the heroine's bold attitude was a facade designed to hide lots of tenderness and hurts. Rebecca wasn't at all what everyone believed her to be. And that was a nice surprise in this novel:on one hand, Brenda Nov ...more
Dana
Aug 17, 2012 rated it liked it
While I enjoyed the book overall there were a few things that struck a cord with me. A negative cord. The way Rebecca's family and her fellow townsfolk treated her was horrible. Especially her father. Even Josh at times.
Everyone in town was so quick to judge. I don't know if was a tactic used by the author to make readers sympathize with her main character but it seemed a bit over the top to me. Frankly, I didn't care for any of the secondary characters, aside from Booker. I'm looking forward to
Vikki Vaught
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This one is the best of the series so far. I really loved the characters and the plot. Happy reading/listening!
Gail
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing story! This is Rebecca's, the troublemaker or so her father thinks along with the rest of the town and Josh the golden boy, the son Rebecca's father always wanted. The story will make you laugh and cry. I loved every minute of the story.
S.L.
Aug 02, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: recentlyread
I am a terrible sap. I freely admit it. I've only gotten worse as I've gotten older. I imagine that one day I'll just spontaneously burst into happy tears for no good reason. I'm not that bad yet.

But I do love a good story, and A Husband of Her Own is fantastic.

Rebecca Wells is the "bad girl" of her hometown, Dundee, Idaho. She's had a rivalry going on with Josh Hill, a local horse breeder, ever since his family moved into the house across the street from hers when they were kids. They tormented
Deanna (A Novel Glimpse)
May 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: romance readers, happy ending lovers
Rebecca is tired of being known as the Mayor's wild child. She cannot wait to marry her internet love, Buddy, and move to Nebraska where no one knows her sordid past. While she's waiting for that day to come, her father asks her make a truce with her childhood neighbor and nemesis, Josh. Can Rebecca stand a truce with the man she can't help but hate and get out of Dundee without another scandal?
I am fairly new to reading Brenda Novak's books. A Baby of Her Own (Dundee, ID Series, #1) was her fir
Alita258
Apr 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
I'll admit maybe the first in this series "Baby of her own" didn't deserve the 4 stars as much as this one. I don't know why this author writes for Harlequin, she's quite talented. She would do much better with another company. I mean, sometimes I feel Harlequin cuts down her stories, because she has a lot to say but somehow she ends up solving some problems too quickly to be believable. It doesn't makes sense! Considering she uses a good tempo for the majority of the story, I got the feeling it ...more
Lilly
Just a fine line !

They said that there's a fine line between hate and love , and that's exactly what Josh and Becky are in , that fine line is keeping those too into that combustible chemistry.
Both have known each other since childhood and adolescence but theirs not a best friend childhood memories theirs are more like whose gonna jump higher than the other one.
They rivalry and fighting to get the other gets to a one point that one of them is ready to drop off all pass feuds,cause she's having
Stacy
Jun 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
I don’t usually read Harlequin Superromances. If I read a romance, it is normally a Regency romance and the author is usually Eloisa James or Julia Quinn. (They’re my favorite Romance authors) But we were having a garage sale, and A Husband of Her Own was one of the books that we were trying to sell. I just happened to pick it up, and started reading the first few pages and never stopped.

It was a fun read. It got me intrigued and I love the rivalry aspect. The characters’ chemistry was pretty un
Connie Davé
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I loved this book. We meet Rebecca in the first book and know that she is a very strong willed girl who has gotten into trouble many times. The town doesn't like her much but you get to see why she has rebelled so much. Her nemesis Josh is the town Golden boy. Rebecca and Josh have pulled pranks and been enemies for years but there is an underlying chemistry that can't be denied. Rebecca broke my heart at times, I felt so sorry for her. Josh is gorgeous and nice, but he gives right back to ...more
Twarla Hill
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This story had my stomach twisted the entire time. I really couldn't be loyal to either character because Rebecca and Josh love/hate feud has been going since their childhoods. After their spite ruined Rebecca sister's wedding (she tripped Josh as he walked by and he took out the buffet table. As he fell, his attempt to take her down with him pushed her into the punch bowl which splashed all over the bride). Fed up, the family issues an ultimatum..... "Call a truce or else." They quickly found i ...more
Marcy
Sep 28, 2016 rated it really liked it

But even when her father insists they call a truce, it's hard for Rebecca to drop her resentment of Josh. She refuses to acknowledge that she fee
Morgan
Jan 02, 2009 rated it really liked it
Of the series, I love this book best. Maybe because it was the first one I ready, but maybe not.

Rebecca really touches my heart. I'm not like her, not one bit, but I so admire her courage and ability to face problems and challenges.

Josh won my approval when he stepped back and took a second and third look at Rebecca and started to figure things out. He really won my heart when he looked beyond her bluster and saw her heart.

Lovable, admirable characters. This one is on my keeper/reread often sh
Kasumi
Dec 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: spanish, romance
Leido en español.

Me ha gustado mucho, sobre todo la parte sentimental, más que la romántica. La protagonista carga con el fama de ser "la mala", así que todos esperan lo peor de ella. Verla desesperada por tratar de empezar de nuevo y porque su padre la demuestre amor me emocionó en varios momentos.
Natalya
Sep 26, 2011 rated it liked it
Beck's psychology was well described, I liked the rival/lover drama. What was notably missing was lots of steamy scenes, this book actually had them going to bed and then waking up together, leaving us in the dark while they did it for the first time! Too much focus on relationship stuff, this is a Silhouette book, for god's sake, not women's fiction.
Jojo
This book is so frustrating and infuriating!
There's no relationship. Nothing.
They're 30 something but behave like they're still in high school. And what's the problem with her family!?
The biggest problem is that the chemistry between the main couple has so much potential, it promises you something great and you wait and wait but it never comes.
Beth Lechman
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rebecca has the reputation of being a trouble maker. Josh is the town's golden boy that can do no wrong. They are drawn to each other but neither one wants to admit their feelings. What could possibly go wrong?
Pam H
Rebecca
Beth
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put it down. Great book. Josh and Rebecca's story.
Robin
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Good Until The Ending

The story had a lot of potential with a heroine who felt that she couldn’t shake her reputation as a troublemaker in her past. The hero and heroine’s history of pranking each other and how her father made her feel was done really well. But then none of that seemed to matter and I felt like the story took went to a direction that didn’t fit. The story never settled the fact that everyone, especially her Dad, was harder on her and judged her different than the hero. More impor
Terri
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-books
I listened to the audio book version of this book and absolutely loved it! Rebecca and Josh have always had a rivalry going because Rebecca's father has always favored Josh over her. Each thinks that the other hates them. It's finally time for things to change, even if there is a fiance and a girlfriend to get rid of before they can come together.
This was a really good audio book. So much better than the first in the series. I'm not sure if it was the writing, the narration, or a combination of
Ada Iaboni
Sep 09, 2017 rated it liked it
This one should really get 2.5 stars... but I feel generous today.
The two main characters where "enemies" since childhood and just couldn't get it together until they finally got it together.
It just went on and on about their stupid stunts from when they were kids to really be an interesting story.
Joann Maggart
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable from start to finish!

This delightful story was enjoyable from start to finish! I am looking forward to the next book in this series. I have become a new fan of this author!
Sara
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was the perfect bubbly feel good book and yet it wasn't cheesy. The way the rivalry between Rebecca and Josh was portrayed made the eventuality of them falling for each other seem very believable. This book was very light and fluffy, and sometimes that is just what you need.
  • Come Fly With Me (Alaskan Nights, #2)
  • Trouble Me (The Rosewood Trilogy, #3)
  • A Taste of Texas (Oak Stand, #4)
  • The Farmer's Wife (Luchettis Brothers #1)
  • The Rancher and the Rock Star (Love From Kennison Falls, #1)
  • Can't Hold Back (Returning Home, #2)
  • The Long Shot (The Fallon Brothers, #1)
  • Once a SEAL (West Coast Navy SEALs, #2)
  • Return of the Bad Boy (Second Chance, #4)
  • One Good Reason (Adamson Brothers, #2)
  • Maid of Dishonor (The Wedding Season, #3)
  • One Sexy Ride (Thompson & Sons #3; Rocky Mountain House #10)
  • Mr. Sinful (Heartfelt #1)
  • Bring Him Home (Special Forces, #3)
  • Reckless Conduct
  • Surrender to Sultry (Sultry Springs, #3)
  • The Unexpected Wedding Guest (The Wedding Season, #1)
  • Turn Up the Heat: Love Won't Wait\Beach House Beginnings\Strong Enough to Love (Includes The Carlisles #2; Jackson, #1.2)
It was a shocking experience that jump-started Brenda Novak’s bestselling author career.

“I caught my day-care provider drugging my children with cough syrup and Tylenol to get them to sleep while I was away,” Brenda says. “It was then that I decided that I needed to do something from home.”

However, writing was the last profession she expected to undertake. In fact, Brenda swears she didn’t have a
More about Brenda Novak

Dundee, Idaho (8 books)
  • A Baby of Her Own (Dundee, Idaho, #1)
  • A Family of Her Own (Dundee, Idaho, #3)
  • A Home of Her Own (Dundee, Idaho, #4)
  • Stranger in Town (Dundee, Idaho, #5)
  • Big Girls Don't Cry (Dundee, Idaho, #6)
  • The Other Woman (Dundee, Idaho, #7)
  • Coulda Been a Cowboy (Dundee, Idaho, #8)

Romance Deals

• #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $2.49
  • Remembering Us
    $3.99 $2.00
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unbound (The Forbidden Bond, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • In the Heir (Westerly Billionaire, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All Chained Up (Devil's Rock #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Life After Perfect (Boot Creek #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Room for You (Cranberry Inn, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Noble Servant (A Medieval Fairy Tale #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Turn to Me (Kathleen Turner, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forbidden Fling (Wildwood #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Vanishing Girl (The Vanishing Girl, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Unwanted Wife (Unwanted, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • In His Shadow (The Tangled Ivy Trilogy #1)
  • Visibly Broken
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Van (Cold Fury Hockey, #9)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Fire (Red-Hot SEALs, #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • The Sapphire Affair (Jewel, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Thing Called Love (Mirror Lake, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Tea and Secrets (Adams Grove, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • With This Ring (Vanza, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Highland Promise (Murray Brothers, 3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • MacKenzie Fire (Shine Not Burn, #2)
  • Hell Breaks Loose
  • Ensnared
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Turning Point (Kathleen Turner, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Number, Right Guy (The Bourbon Street Boys, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow of a Doubt (The Tangled Ivy Trilogy, #2)
  • Between Me and You
  • Just One Thing
    $4.49 $1.99
  • In the Band (Luminescent Juliet, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Glassblower
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Blank Slate
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Picturing Perfect (Love of My Life, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgiven (The Forbidden Bond #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Nothings (Sugar Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sprinkles on Top (Sugar Springs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Forged In Ash (Red-Hot SEALs, #2)
  • Of Noble Birth
  • Something More Than This
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Need You for Mine (Heroes of St. Helena, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Best Medicine (Bell Harbor, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Need You for Always (Heroes of St. Helena, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Turn (Kathleen Turner, #4)
  • The Matchmaker's Playbook (Wingmen Inc. 1) [Kindle in Motion]
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Barbecue and Bad News (Adams Grove, #6)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Mint Juleps and Justice (Adams Grove #5)
  • 99 Days
    $8.24 $1.99
  • Up for Heir (Westerly Billionaire #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The American Lady (The Glassblower Trilogy #2)
    $6.49 $1.99
“Well, for heaven’s sake, don’t leave her unattended. You never know what she might do,” she snapped and promptly appeared in the doorway.” 0 likes