Start by marking “Carnival Catastrophe (The Problim Children, #2)” as Want to Read:
Carnival Catastrophe (The Problim Children, #2)

Carnival Catastrophe

(The Problim Children #2)

The Problims try to win the Corn Dog Carnival and rescue their missing mama in the second book in The Problim Children series.

All siblings are capable of magic if they stick together. But trusting each other isn’t easy for the Problim siblings when neighbors like Desdemona and Carly-Rue O’Pinion are working double-time to turn the town against them.

From catap
Published June 25th 2019 by Katherine Tegen Books

To ask other readers questions about Carnival Catastrophe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Carnival Catastrophe

Start your review of Carnival Catastrophe (The Problim Children, #2)
Deanna Holdsworth
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Problim family is one of my favorite book families. With seven children all with different talents there is sure to be at least one character each reader will love. Boys will especially enjoy Toot who communicates through farts!
Mama Problim is still missing but all the children are happy that their father is home and that the neighbors can no longer try to separate them, sending each to a different continent. The children are working on finding a treasure their grandfather found and he has
Brenda
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, fantasy, family
Mona continues to be my favorite character. She reminds me a little of The Grinch, Pippi Longstocking, Matilda, and Wednesday from the Addams Family. I love how Violet describes her as a "thundercloud, pretty but kind of scary." The way she rolls her eyes, how she can be moody, sometimes blunt with her words, sneaky and how rain is her favorite weather. And how she's always plotting her next dastardly deed. Pranks are one of her specialties, and where Carly-Rue is concerned, she owes her rival a ...more
Olivia
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: yabc-reviews
Find my full review here: http://www.yabookscentral.com/kidsfic...

CARNIVAL CATASTROPHE follows the seven Problim children as they continue their search for their mother. The seven siblings must work together if they have any chance- together they are strong. However, with some of the children distrusting the neighbors, the O'Pinions and their long-time family rivals, tearing them apart, they will have to learn to see the bigger picture and judge for themselves.

The book primarily follows Mona Problim, who is clever
Kristin Crouch
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to the author for sharing an ARC of Carnival Catastrophe with Collabookation.
The g-baby is just getting to know Pippi Longstocking ~ and as she does, I'm getting to know the Problims. I didn't realize why I loved the Problims so much until I was reading Pippi with g-baby. The things I love about Pippi are the same things I love about Matilda, are the same things I love about the Problims. These kids have all the best traits: a strong love of learning, bravery, kindness, and most of al
Karen McKenna
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved catching up with the Problim children again. They are quirky, strong, loving, and resourceful. Just the kind of kids it is a delight to go on an adventure with. If the Problims are involved, you know there will be mischief and fun. In this book, they are on a quest to find the last pieces of the water witch that will lead them to a treasure (and hopefully their missing mother). It is also the annual corndog carnival in town, and the Problims must win contests for the prize of a boat trip ...more
Meg Dendler
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Delightful once again, Natalie! This is the second book in what will clearly be a longer series about the Problim family. Kirkus Reviews equates her style to Roald Dahl, and it certainly holds true for this series. You have to be ready for serious levels of ridiculousness, as well as hundreds of toddler farts that can be identified by name and purpose via Toot Problim. As an adult reader, I'm sure my head comes at some of the family's antics with a bit more annoyance. They are really quite a ter ...more
Lesley Burnap
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oooh! Can’t I have # 3 now? 😆 The Problim Children are the kind of kids you wish you knew when you were young! Each one is special in their own way, each making their way in the world. In this story, Mona works through some issues as the children gather the bone-sticks to lead them to their parents and a hidden treasure! Will they find their beloved family, or not?!? Guess I’ll just have to wait (impatiently) for book 3!

So many wonderful author messages, about girls & their image in society
Pam
Oct 29, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: middle-grades
Lloyd offers further character development and back story information in book 2 of this series. In particular, readers learn more about Mona Problim. She struggles with who she is and how she wants to be seen. The seven children continue to search for the water witch pieces and do locate all of them. They learn more about the feud and discover an enemy far worse than Desdemona. A startling discovery toward the end shows that the two families are actually related.
Humor, adventure, some mild susp
Melanie
Aug 01, 2019 rated it liked it
I love this author, her latest book Over The Moon was one my oldest and I enjoyed a lot. I'm not sure why, but I just don't love this series and it weirds me out because it has all the right ingredients. Siblings who are super different and yet love each other to death, mystery, etc. I think I can't get over the tooth footnotes (which I skipped aside from the names this round) and the creepy illustrations. Sigh.
Tirzah
I had forgotten a lot of the first book, but some things came back to me as I read. Unfortunately, this was the book I was reading while moving, so it took longer to read it and my mind only half-absorbed it. However, it was still good and had some meaningful quotes that made you stop and think. I recommend to readers who like reading crazy plot lines accompanied by sibling love and a dose of magic.
Cheriee Weichel
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What I love about these books isn't the plot so much as it is the character development. In this book it is especially true about Mona. While she is fair of face, Mona has a darker side. She has to learn to find the good in everyone and let them know she sees it. It isn't easy.
That said, the plot, full of suspense and action, is impressive too. I only wish it didn't end on a cliffhanger.
Angie  Moore
I think I loved this more than the first one! I loved getting to know this sweet family of seven more and more, as well as their friends, neighbors, and community. I also love how much they love each other, and look out for each other even though sibling rivalry is a real thing.
Melissa Edwards
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved how the development character traits of each sibling worked together. Once I started reading, I did not want to stop! I want to know what happens, so I cannot wait to read the next book in the series!
Leah Grover
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In her first sequel, Lloyd touches on real-life issues like jealousy, forgiveness, and being yourself—even when your loved ones aren’t so sure—at the same time as revealing Problim family secrets and sending the reader on an adventure suffused with her classic hope and charm.
Nicole
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great next installment to the story of the Problims! Loved the poetic commentary about gender stereotypes and being true to yourself. Looking forward to the next book!
Ruth
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome second installment! Waiting for the next one.
Cheryl
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
These are such fun characters and I love the author. The only problem with this one is, that the next one isn't out yet. I really want the next one NOW!
Donna Foster
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review
Lots of corky children with some weird energy vibes in this middle grade story.
Lisa D
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cute addition to this series! Loved it!
Michele Knott
Enjoyed this one even more than the first. What a fun ending... I’m already ready for more Problims.
Stephanie
Sep 11, 2019
Elizabeth Edwards
Aug 20, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

The Problim Children (3 books)
  • The Problim Children