Start by marking “Honest Love” as Want to Read:
Honest Love

Honest Love

(Twisted Hearts Duet #1)

Book #1 in the Twisted Hearts duet

When you've got nothing left to live for, you've got nothing left to lose.

In one tragic moment, Cameron Lewis lost everything. His fiancée. His unborn child. His perfect life.
Now, he does what needs to be done in order to get by. Work hard. Play it safe. They're his mottos, and he's not going to break them.
Until a beautiful woman with th
1, 184 pages
Published March 8th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Honest Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Honest Love

Value 4.5
Storyline 4.5
Panty Scorching 2
Overall Rating 4.5

Wow! I signed up for this book because of the blurb. It hooked me! I knew reading the blurb and getting the feels then that this book would definitely bring them out. I was spot on! The feels were spot on. The writing was spot on.

This was definitely a good read and I don’t want to say much as I’m afraid I could spoil something. But if you’re wanting your heart ripped out and ugly cry sobbing you’ll have it here. But it’s not
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received from author for an honest review

I wasn't sure what to expect when Ms McKellar reached out to me to read Honest Love, and I am glad that I went in blind.

My heart ached for our main man Cameron right from the start. Love and lost play a huge part in his life, and just when we think we know about him, guess again.

I love the journey he is now taking, can't help but fall in love with him and the people in his life - which has been completely thrown upside down.

Just when you think things
Siobhan
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Honest Love is the first book in Lauren K. McKellar’s Twisted Hearts Duet, a book liable to break you.

I was instantly sucked in by the synopsis of this one, drawn in by the possibility of an emotional read. What I did not expect was a book that would play so freely with my emotions. Every page seemed to twist the knife deeper into my chest, each time I thought I had experienced it all a new wound would appear.

From the very first page this one sucks you in, leaving you lost to the story. You fall
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
I absolutely loved this book! Although it was devastatingly sad, it became hopeful until again doing a 180, it’s definitely not predictable! The ending made me so anxious that I have to wait a month for the second book! Cameron has had to deal with so much in his life, it just seems unfair. His way of coping with it may not be the best but putting myself in his shoes, I’m not sure if I would have done much better. And Everly, so mysterious and even when we think we know about her past we wonder ...more
Konny
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Honest Love by Lauren K. McKellar is the first book in a duet.
Meet Cameron Lewis. Hes a man that had it all, a great love , a loving wife and a baby on the way. In the blink of an eye he lost everything. Now he merely exists, hes a shell of his former self and shattered in pieces.
til a beautiful woman comes to his rescue. Everly Jenkins is a bit a mysterious woman. She has secrets of her own, secrets thatll destroy him even more.
I started reading and my heart was bleeding for the hero. He isnt a
Cassandra Page
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Please note that my review will contain a tiny spoiler, one that is revealed in the first chapter or two of the story. If you've already bought the ebook, or are going to, and want to go in blind, then I'd suggest not reading any further.

I've said it before, but it bears repeating: contemporary romance usually isn't my jam, but Lauren K. McKellar is a contemporary romance author who is an auto-buy author for me. Her stories have that perfect combination of epic-level feels and the slow evolution
Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
4.5 stars to Honest Love (Duet Part One) by author Lauren K. McKellar.

Get ready to have your heart squeezed and your gut punched. Be ready to smile and cry. There will even be some swooning and a bit of laughter. And then when you are feeling content, you better hold on tight for the worst angst and stress. It's not that this premise is completely unpredictable because it isn't. However the author will give you the comfort and security you're reading for, then rip it away. Needless to say this b
Amanda McCalip
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Honest Love was my first Lauren K. McKellar read and I enjoyed it. I read the blurb and automatically requested an ARC and was lucky enough to score one. This book will give you the feels. From the first page my heart ached for Cameron Lewis. He is a man who has gone through way too much loss and is just trying to find some way, anyway to cope. He meets Everly Jenkins who is very mysterious to him, yet has a story of her own.

Want to read something that will genuinely give you all the feels? Want
Theresa Alberts
Mar 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Honest Love is the first in this duet series and it’s filled with a raw emotion of tragedy that few people can relate to or even imagine. This book grabbed my attention and kept it to the very end...cliff hanger alert...leaving me with a need to know what happens with Cameron and Everly now that the truth is out.

Cameron faces a tragedy that no person should ever face, losing his wife, unborn child and his father in a way that rips at your very soul. Drowning his grief in alcohol and memories has
Wendy
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Why? Why are you making me wait for book two??? <3 Loved it!
Christine Bowden
Oh my heart!

Oh god! Talk about emotional overload. Lauren McKellar kills me with her heart altering, powerful words. Is it April 5th yet? Because I need the next one!
Cassandra Night
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Honest love – Lauren K. McKellar (Broken Heart Duet book 1)
It’s the first book in the series, and I was drawn into the emotional premise of the book the synopsis indicated to deliver. It was really beautifully written and immersive story, so you felt as if you were sucked into the grieving men’s journey. There is also many heavy topics touched that Cam’s dealing with made me ache for him. It is heartbreaking and deep Honest Love that Cameron cherished even after the death. So you should pick up
Dayang
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was excited for my first Lauren McKellar ARC. I promised myself some time ago that I'll spread my reading wings wider and read more from authors I'm not quite familiar with... Alrighty! Let's get to it!

To sum it all up, this story was focused on Cameron Lewis' inability to move on... Ya'll read the blurb... so yeah.

I understand grief really well because I've experienced it myself... and like I always say, there is no time-frame on moving on... I don't think you'll ever get over something that
Jennifer Pierson
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cameron Lewis has never been the same since he lost his finance, unborn baby, and perfect life. Now he barely drifts through life, as the memories are almost too much for him to overcome. But when a situation sends him to staying at a place near the beach, he meets a woman who starts to slowly bring him back to life. And that's all that I'm giving away, since this is one of those short read duets. I've been conflicted, as Honest Love was an emotional story that pulled out all of my feels with th ...more
FMR Book Grind
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
LEEANN'S REVIEW
5 STARS

Seriously, If I could give this book 10 stars I would!

Oh my god, this book is one that is overpoweringly emotional. It is full of grief, sadness, manipulation and hope. It is about loss and mistakes and moving on.

Cam has lost it all and years later he is still so deeply entrenched in his grief that he can’t see straight. One phone call changes everything for him in more ways than one.

Everly is a bit of an enigma right from the get go & at the end you learn why. Cameron
Gayle
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
For anyone who has suffered unjustly at the hand of another.
May you find peace.
May they find hell.

This is the first time I have read anything from Lauren McKellar (yes I know I’m horrible) and I have to say I have been left completely speechless.

Guys this novel had me at the dedication and never, and I mean never have I come across a novel that drew me in just by the dedication, but this one did.
I literally couldn’t put it down.

The emotion….Guys I am at a loss to even articulate into words t
Sassy Southern
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Honest Love is a heartbreaking, emotional story of love, loss and second chances. Cameron has lived through something so painful and unimaginable that my heart broke for him. Unwilling to let himself move on, he does everything he can in order to remember the things he lost. Struggling to cope with those things leads him to make a life changing decision that will change the path he is on forever.

When Cameron meets Everly he still has his walls surrounding him, but the thought having someone to t
Liz
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Honest Love by Lauren K. McKellar, the first book in her Twisted Hearts Duet, was an emotional and heartbreaking ride. This story drew me in from the start and is full of so many feels.

Cameron Lewis lost everything and now he is barely living. The loss of the woman he loved, and his unborn child left him devastated. Then Everly Jenkins enters his life and things may finally change. However, she has secrets of her own. Shocking secrets that will have lasting effects.

I loved Cameron from the beg
Penny Lisle
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book has been a page turner!
Cameron had lost everything, his wife and unborn child, his dad who is reliving that tragic moment almost everyday and he has lost himself. Guilt, anger and loss fill Cameron's mind everyday and his determination not to forget the love of his life. Cameron finds himself in a situation where he needs to look after his daughter and with difficulty he accepts. In doing this, without realising, his little girl had started to make him feel again where he thought his
Kayla and Kristy- My Person's Books
Honest, heartbreak and second chances are the first things that come to mind when I think about this devine novel. Short but oh so sweet, Lauren creates paints the perfect picture for her reader.

Reading or should I say, devouring this in one sitting wasn't hard. I was hooked from the very first page. Cam has been through alot. His life changing in an instant, taking everything he loved.

But being handed a second chance in a way he never expected, Cam learns to move on. With the help from some n
Jillian Mackenzie
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lauren is the queen of emotional reads! Her stories are always filled with a spectrum of feelings, one moment you are laughing and the next you are tearing up - even someone like me who rarely cries from books anymore.
I really loved Cameron's journey. What a horrific thing to live through, and then continue living day after day. The sensitivity that Lauren writes with about this current day, yet rarely discussed in books, topic is beautiful. As for Everly, I am so intrigued with her story! Norm
The Smutbrarians
Kindle eArc provided by Author
Reviewed by Lindsey

Wendy Livingstone
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a new author to me, and my word, I cannot wait to read more of her work. This story is the first part of a duet, and this story had me hooked and intrigued throughout. Cameron has been left to carry on alone, after everything he loved was taken away from him in an instant. He has a little help along the way to give him a reason to live, but no spoilers from me, this story deserves to be read! This story is well written and flows seamlessly, and is filled with angst, emotion, humour, hear ...more
Spunky N Sassy
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Tracy's ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

When Cameron Lewis lost the woman he loved, their unborn child and his father all in one horrible tragedy that left him scarred and ripped wide open. He never thought he would heal from the damage that was done to his heart and soul, that was until Piper came into his life. Beautiful little baby who just needed someone to love her. If Piper wasn't enough this beautiful and mysterious darked haired beauty named Everly has him second
Sara
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!

Tissue alert! You will 100% need a box of tissue nearby while reading this!

Holy feels! I knew going in that this one would be emotional, but I'm not sure I really fathomed how much my heart would break for Cameron. I rooted so hard for him to find his HEA, to find love again. I wanted Cameron to move outside of his comfort zones so badly. The journey from beginning to the end of this book is not easy, but it is well worth the time and emotions.

It really was a great book, but be warned,
Ashley
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cameron has been through a lot! Sounds like his life has been a real struggle, but it's sweet to see how he was able to overcome everything and find love again. I really enjoyed reading this story.

I received a copy of this book and am voluntarily reviewing.
Kaylene Osborn
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book, can’t wait for book two.
Joyce Dobson
Really enjoyed this book. Can’t wait for the final part next week.
Alicia Freeman
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An emotional rollercoaster of love

Can has lost his wife and his unborn child, and for all purposes his father too. His father is still alive but relives that horrible day of sitting in the restaurant when all hell breaks loose.
Can has learned from a drunken night he has made a child and now has to care for her. Along the way he meets Everly, the sweet never pushy woman who he is reluctantly falling for.
I can't say anymore without giving the entire book away. You will have to read for yourself.
Katrina
Mar 16, 2018
Lauren K. McKellar is a writer of contemporary romance reads that make you feel. This hybrid-published USA Today best-selling author loves writing books with stunning local settings, heart-throb heroes, and leading ladies who overcome great hardships in their lives.
In addition to writing, Lauren loves to read, and you can often find her up at all hours of the night with a glass of wine, some choco

Twisted Hearts Duet (2 books)
  • Bitter Truth