Start by marking “Prophecy of Three (The Starseed Trilogy #1)” as Want to Read:
Prophecy of Three (The Starseed Trilogy #1)

Prophecy of Three

(The Starseed Trilogy #1)

Lily thought growing up in a hippie commune meant her life was odd.

But that’s nothing, compared to learning she’s a descendant of the McKay clan, a renown Irish witching family. Or that she’s one of three witches fated to save humanity from an ancient, devious magical race. A race guilty of starting countless witch hunts and committing hundreds of murders in history—all b
ebook
Published by Meraki Press

To ask other readers questions about Prophecy of Three, please sign up.
Ashley McLeo Hi April! I'm Irish by descent and have always been fascinated with the country and how they've truly clung to their superstitious/magical roots. I…moreHi April! I'm Irish by descent and have always been fascinated with the country and how they've truly clung to their superstitious/magical roots. I also liked the idea that Irish women had a fair amount of power over their lives compared to many other cultures hence strong Irish lady witches were born! (less)

Alkisti
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lily's 21st birthday would be the day that her life as she knew it ceases to exist. Following the call from her birth family, her journey begins in the only place she's known as home, a commune somewhere in Portland, Oregon and she travels across "a country and an ocean" all the way to Ireland to find the one she came from. There, she discovers the truth about her relatives, her true
nature, and her witch powers. Not to mention the destiny she's been born to fulfill...

The story was gripping right
Ines Vieira
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW! I was so not expecting this! This book took me to a whole other reality and it was such an amazing surprise. Supernatural books used to be a genre that I loved growing up, but as I got older, I guess I got pickier, or maybe jaded with all the fantasy novels that appeared. So many books in this genre start to seem so similar to each other that I have to admit turned me off to the whole thing. But then books like Prophecy of Three fall on my lap and I just can’t get enough! I start to questio ...more
Mark Mckee
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
An exceptional book and unexpected poetic writing. I enjoyed how all the characters were distinct and the author is gifted with using all five senses when she writes. I will be awaiting the sequel.
Ashley McLeo
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Yup this is my book! I really enjoyed writing such complicated, intriguing, and badass witches. Having a book set in contemporary Ireland helps too. Let's just say it's a place I don't mind daydreaming about! I also enjoyed learning about and incorporating a bit of Irish culture and myth. Learning about different cultures is a past time for me and I plan on continuing to incorporate that into my novels. Anyhow, I've read Prophecy of Three countless times and still love it. I sincerely hope you ...more
Lyn Mckenzie
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-unlimitef
This is the first book I have read by this author so I really had no idea what to expect from this book but I am so so glad that i picked up this book to read! I am not quite sure what I expected when I started this book but it way surpassed my expectations and I loved it more than I thought I would!

This storyline is one of those stories that you will always remember. Being Scottish and loving all things Celtic as well as being Pagan this storyline sang to me and just resonated with me and the t
Kristen
I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for writing a review.

There is A LOT going on in this book, and I really enjoyed it.

This book has a number of things I enjoy, and a few that wouldn't normally grab me, but everything came together so well and I found myself completely drawn in to the story and excited to see how it was all going to play out.

The story is driven by a unique and interesting combination of history, myth, culture, fantasy and a smidgen of religious history, but it is a
Lisa Harris
The Prophesy of Three Review

I loved loved loved this book. 3 strangers are brought together after 21 years only to learn that they are sisters; not only that but that they are witches. What a lot for the girls to take in. Even being strangers sibling rivalry still rears it’s ugly head. I love how the sisters work on developing their powers as they grow together and into the family that had to place them in hiding while also hiding their powers from them. As they learn more about themselves they
Essy
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very fun quick read a must read for those of us who love witches, vampires and mythology. A hard to put down book can't wait to get my hands on book 2 of the series.
Jennifer Roberdeau
Great book! Kept me engaged the whole time. Characters were well developed and I can't wait to finish the series!
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Lily Whiplark has been away at college and she has just broken up with her boyfriend Liam, now she is on her way home and his looking forward to enjoying her vacation and celebrating her birthday with her family. Yea it’s her birthday, it’s her birthday, her twenty-first birthday.

But before all the festivals have a chance to begin Lily is given the news that her biological parents want to meet her. She is then thrust with a plane ticket to Ireland. Lily has always known that she was adopted but
Kelly Eggleston
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Debut novel? It doesn't feel like it. The characters are vivid, the storyline is clever and captivating, holding you in its grip from start to finish. The book is well-written, filled with enjoyable dialogue and a fresh take on witches and vampires. If you're looking for your next favorite author, you've found her.

Follow Lily Whiplark as she journeys from a commune outside Portland Oregon to the Irish countryside where she learns that she's a witch with a destiny to save all of humankind. Not o
Amber Walker
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I normally read non-fiction... but I read this book in one sitting! I loved the blend of Irish culture with a great personal story line, mythological and historical undertones, and a creative combination of witchcraft and vampires. I have a feeling this series will be made into a movie! Excellent job A. Mcleo! (When is book 2 coming out?!)
Kurt
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I devoured this book in two sittings. While not in my normal genre, I really enjoyed the craft and detail that was put into the story and characters. I can't wait for more in the series!

One of my favorite sentences:
"Faint traces of rhododendrons, dahlias, and mint hung in the night air like secret admirers vying for her attention."
Debbie Turk
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was suggested to me & I'm so glad it was 👍

Lily has just graduated College. She loves to run cross country & it helped her gain her scholarships to pay for her education!! She was adopted & brought up on a commune that was secluded but full of love, nature & nurturing!!

When she returns home for summer solstice & her 21st birthday a women is there that her mum seems to know. She informs Lily that her birth family have been found & she has a plane ticket to take h
Megan Elgin
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ashley McLeo has created a world unlike anything I’d read before. This is one of those books that kept me thinking about it when I wasn’t reading and coming back for more as soon as I could. She writes in a way that invokes all the senses, allowing the reader to picture the setting and characters effortlessly in their mind.

She’s created characters that feel very realistic, like old friends. I felt like I was there as Lily, Sara and Evelyn met their birth mother and her family. As they began to
Lisa
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Follow Lily and her sisters as they learn about their heritage and regain their lost powers in time for them to save the world, taking you on an incredible journey throughout space and time.
The story follows the girls as they travel to the country of their birth and gives such a beautifully written history, I was impressed by the detail and stunning depth it added.
Prophecy of Three is filled with vivid imagery that keeps you engaged for the entire book. The main cast of characters are flawed and
Erin Gossman
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ahhh!!! I so badly want to go buy the second book right this second but adulting makes that hard. I was entranced from moment one with this book, though it took me a little while, like Lily, to realize the importance of the commune. I was told it was reminiscent of Charmed and I have to agree, and also something else I haven’t yet been able to place. I love the interwoven Celtic mythology, the incorporation of plants and their uses, and the strong elemental powers. I could go on and on and confu ...more
Rosalind Bath
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of this book in return for an honest review.
I really enjoyed this book, the story flows well and has you hooked from the beginning. Lily is quite naive at the beginning, but you see her character develop well. I like the diversity of the characters, that helps to bring this story together. If you like stories about witch craft, mysteries and the supernatural, you will like this one.
EMILY TACKITT
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a great book if you have any interest in the supernatural and witches, both of which I love to read about. The characters are well thought out and the journey they go on is intriguing and exciting. I found that I could envision the places in the book due to the great descriptions. Three women's lives are about to be changed forever and you won't want to miss a single page. There are two books finished in the series along with a novella and there is another novella and book in the works.
Andrea Boykin
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very fun and quick read - would definitely recommend! Ashley created a wonderful fantasy world that drew me in, the characters were fascinating, and this book was sure a page turner! I haven't read many books of this genre but I definitely loved this one! Can't wait for the 2nd book!! Very impressed for a debut novel.
Stephanie
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I recieved this book as an ARC copy.

I found this book very enjoyable to read. All the characters are well thought out and interesting to read about. I like this twists this book was taking and I can not wait to read the rest of the series!
Mary Kaye
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is captivating and keeps the reader interested until the end! I looked forward to my down time when I could sit back and get lost in the world of witches. A nice break from the every day mundane.
Shauna Gordon
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good debut!

This is a story of family, prophecy, and truth. Lily graduates from college only to return home to have her world flipped upside down. Magic abounds in this unique tale. I look forward to the evolution of this series and this budding new author.
Bobbi
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story has many twists and turns and edge of your seat action. This is the first book I have read by Ashley McLeo and I can't wait for more.
Jenny McNaughton
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am so happy I received this book from the Author for an honest review. I really enjoyed this book. So glad I was given the opportunity to read it.
Denice Patterson
Three Sisters

I did enjoy reading this novel. It has witches and vampires, speaks of a mothers love and sacrifice, and of families and the different dynamics in each player. Old tales of the Bible are also brought into the story. An interesting read. On to the next!
Zaquira
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
The story started out a bit slow but within the first three chapters it picks up. Without giving to much away the story is about an ancient race of beings known as fata who are the creators of witches. Once you meet the three main characters Lily, Sera, and Evelyn the story pulls you in and from there you will want to keep reading.
Tamara
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stars aligned

Received this to review and I'm saddened that I didn't find this awesome book on my own. Three girls so different must unite to save us all
Heidi
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received this book from the author, and I thank her for starting me on this series! It starts off with quite a thrill as we experience a burning library and the reasons it burns. The rest of the tale is told by Lily as she begins her journey as an adult. Her life is turned upside down, and she does a pretty good handling the shocking changes. The characters in this book are definitely all strong women, and it is well written and easy to read with a storyline that keeps you intrigued. Ashley us ...more
Jessica Julien
Jun 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given an ARC for an honest review and I loved loved loved it.

This novel pulled me in from the first chapter. I found myself unable to put the book down every time I sat to read. I was sucked into the world of witches and craft in a way that made me want to be a part of it completely.

The story of the sisters, their magic, and their heritage was present very well. Although I felt as though some parts were dragged out too much or went on for too long, I understood their importance for setti
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Children of Lubrochius (From the Ashes of Ruin, #1)
  • Cast in Balefire (Mage Craft, #4)
  • Forget You Not (Havenwood Falls #1)
  • Blood Bound (Gallows, #1)
  • Wings & Destruction (The Vampire and Angel Wars Book 1)
  • Deranged Angels and Cannibal Hearts (Dead Things, #3)
  • The Eclective: The Haunted Collection
  • Crossing Time (Saint's Grove #5)
  • Witch Flame (Keepers of the Stones, #0.5)
  • Love Bleeds (Blood and Snow, #9)
  • The Shadows of Dark Root (The Daughters of Dark Root #5)
  • Freak of Nature (Lost Witch Trilogy, #1)
  • Booke of the Hidden (Booke of the Hidden #1)
  • A Pair of Docks (Derivatives of Displacement, #1)
  • Magic Runes (Magic Runes, #1)
  • A Dark Faerie Tale Series Omnibus Books 1-3 with Extras (A Dark Faerie Tale)
Ashley is originally from Alaska, but now lives in Portland, OR with her husband and their dog. When she’s not writing she enjoys traveling the world, reading, yoga, cooking, and connecting with family and friends. She really likes thinking of herself as a falconer though she's only flown a hawk once (YES, IT WAS AWESOME).

For most direct access to Ashley visit www.ashleymcleo.com where you can si

The Starseed Trilogy (3 books)
  • Souls of Three (The Starseed Trilogy #2)
  • Rising of Three
“Her hand stopped only as the sun rose high above the lighthouse tower.” 3 likes
“Stone lions five feet high were set on each side of the staircase leading to the front door, their teeth bared in welcome.” 0 likes