Start by marking “Phoenix Fire (Phoenix Cycle #1)” as Want to Read:
Phoenix Fire (Phoenix Cycle #1)

Phoenix Fire

(Phoenix Cycle #1)

After spending her life in foster care, Ava has finally found home. But all it takes is a chance encounter with hot nerd Wyatt Wilcox for it to unravel.

Now, things are starting to change. First, the flashes of memories slowly creeping in. Memories of other lives, lives that Wyatt is somehow in. Then, the healing. Any cut? Gone.

But when Cade and Nick show up, claiming to be
Published March 5th 2018 by Entangled: Teen

To ask other readers questions about Phoenix Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Phoenix Fire

Carrie
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Phoenix Fire by S.D. Grimm is the first book in the new young adult Phoenix Cycle romantic fantasy series. The story is told from multiple points of view along the way switching as the chapters change.

In the opening we meet Ava who seems to be a teen that has spent her life in foster care but has finally settled with a family. Ava has one strange quality about her in that she has these flashes of what feel like memories but the aren’t her own.

When Ava gets in an argument and takes off she witnes
D.M.
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Phoenix Fire is the start of a new series. It's a suspense mystery romance novel. It's gritty, action-packed and unique. This is the first Phoenix novel I've read and the story was very interesting.

The Phoenix is a fascinating Greek mythological creature. The bird is said to live over and over again, hence this series is called Phoenix cycle. As this book unravels we see how finding your path in life can be tricky even with a do-over.

Ava doesn't know her family. She had been in the foster syst
Jill Williamson
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! It was a gripping page-turner that transports readers through time as its mystery unfolds, Grimm’s Phoenix Fire is unlike anything I’ve ever read. Beautiful, romantic, and absolutely fascinating, this is storytelling that readers won’t soon forget. Sign me up for book two, I’m hooked!
Ioana
Mar 02, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sammy
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-reads
Ava just wants to belong to a family, to be with a group of people who love her. But moving from foster home to foster home has meant Ava has trust issues, and has decided she gets by just fine on her own leading her to sometimes not be in control of her own mouth. Ava is one of the first-person POVs this story is told from, and we know that deep down she is caring, and regrets pushing those people away who she could love. This theme of learning to let people in is one which continues throughout ...more
Alyssa
Feb 21, 2018 marked it as to-read
That cover though!

Adrianna
*I received this book from Net Galley in exchange for an honest review*

But when Cade and Nick show up, claiming to be her brothers, things get even weirder. They
Elaine
Rating: 3.5/5

This is the first in a new YA series, told from the points of view of a variety of characters. This actually proved somewhat confusing at times for me, but then I’m by no means still a young adult! The story is centred on Ava, a teen who has been moved from one foster home to another and initially has no knowledge of her past. However, she keeps having flashback to events that she has experienced, memories of things that occurred to her in previous lives. She’s not the only one rega
lacy [lacy’s library]
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
A special thank you goes out to Entangled teen publishing for allowing me to read this early. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

I honestly never thought I would love the supernatural that wasn’t about demons or demonic possession. Sure, I’ve watched Supernatural and I love that show. But that is more about the bond of brotherhood between Sam and Dean.

But then I find S.D Grimm thanks to Entangled Teen. She has made me fall in love with the supernatural with her first (to me) book, Summoner, an
☆Dani☆ ☆Touch My Spine Book Reviews☆
I liked this book! I think this series has a lot of potential to be something amazing but to be honest this first installment could use a little bit of work. While the plot was fast paced and the story ended up being really good, the beginning confused me really bad. This story is told from multiple POVs and I do enjoy that in a book but with this story and not knowing what a Phoenix was in the beginning I was very lost. I think many readers will love this series and it turned out to be a good a ...more
Emilie Hendryx
Apr 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
What would you do if you lived over and over again? As a Phoenix, Ava gets to do just that. Adopted and living with a bit of a chip on her shoulder, Ava is shocked to experience memoirs that tell the story of someone else’s life. Or is it her life?

Cade faces paralyzing headaches when he remembers, though his brother Nick is there to help him.

When circumstances and so much more bring them together, Ava faces a life she never dreamed of and a task that seems impossible. Wyatt is just one such co
Jessica
Mar 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewcopy
Before anything else, let me say that the best thing about Phoenix Fire is that S.D. Grimm has created something solidly original here. In an otherwise saturated teen fantasy market, Phoenix Fire was like a big breath of fresh air. I loved the premise of the book. Adored the idea of multiple lives spent, all pursuing the same goal. Plus, I can't deny that I fell heavily for the idea that love and friendship trascend all time. How wonderful is that?

It was the execution of this premise that felt a
Karen
Mar 02, 2018 rated it liked it
*I received this book from Net Galley in exchange for an honest review*
Unfortunately I couldn't connect at all with Phoenix Fire.
At times there was a little too much going on, making the plot convoluted, yet it was an original new idea, and I would not be averse to reading future books in the series, to see how things work out for the characters. Give this one a try if you are looking for a YA read with a difference.
Morgan | Mashleas Reads
2 Stars.

I received an eARC of this book in exchange for an honest review. Thank you to Entangled Publishing and NetGalley for allowing me to read Phoenix Fire. All opinions and thoughts are my own and do not represent the publisher or author.

Unfortunately I could not connect at all with Phoenix Fire. The premise sounded amazing, but sadly the execution fell very short. Often I was having to read a paragraph or two back just to keep track of things, as the writing appeared a bit 'jumpy'. Ava wa
Katherine Paschal
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Ava knows that she is not normal, and it's not just because she bounces around between foster homes. Nope, her lack of normalcy comes form the fact that she has memories that came from another life and do not belong to her. When a night time jog gets dangerous, Ava finds herself in the arms of her rescuer, Wyatt. the quiet,overlooked boy at school. But Wyatt is hiding his own secrets and he refuses to share, much to Ava's disappointment. To make matters even more complicated, two new boys show u
Lena (The Printed Girl)
Actual rating 3.5 stars.

What an awesome story. I finished this book so much faster than I expected and it was overall really great. The reason way I can't give this book 4 stars is that I got confused by some of the conversations and the writing style at some points. It felt like sometimes a couple of sentences missed in conversations or that the characters did some kind of telepathy because it really jumped from one topic to the next sometimes and I had to guess what they were talking about. Th
Nyssa Sutherland
Mar 11, 2018 rated it liked it
"If I didn't start pushing them away soon, they'd push me away. I couldn't take that again. Not from another family."

At first, Ava is all prickles and porcupine spines, eager to push her new found family away, refusing to believe that they might possibly be the family she's looking her, to love her, all of her, despite her flaws. After years of rejection, she wants to do it first. Because it just hurts less that way.

And slowly, as the story is told, her walls, her defenses are gradually destroye
Sabrina
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, arc
Checkout my full review + giveaway on my blog! http://omgbooksandmorebooks.blogspot....

Phoenix Fire is told through two point of views. It was a bit confusing in the beginning but it was easier to understand as I kept reading. Ava has memory of her past but she gets flashbacks to events that she has experienced and she must piece together what do they truly mean. The concept is really interesting and something I haven't read before. Phoenixes are humans that have special powers to fight creature
Ashton Reed
Mar 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: mythology and/or reincarnation fans, readers who love original fantasy ideas set in the modern world

Ok, for this book, we've got a few glows and a few grows, if you know what I mean.

So Phoenix Fire by S.D. Grimm starts out with our main female protagonist, Ava, featuring the "hot nerd" Wyatt (which, just a side note, is every bookworm's dream, am I right?). Wyatt saves her when a car crash occurs right in front of her on her nightly jog. They kinda hit it off, and Ava realizes she might have a slight crush, but not before some strange things begin to happen around the house. First, t
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks

***ARC received in exchange of an honest opinion***

Unfortunately I couldn't connect at all with Phoenix Fire. I have to say the book actually bored me enough to sleep twice while reading it.

It was very hard to relate to the characters and most of the time the story was very confusing. Specially when it went from past to present with Cade and Ava's memories. Sometimes I couldn't even get when they were supposed to be in the present or if they were supposed to be remembering like they wer
books are love
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
this was a well written, intriguing and imaginative story on Light and Dark Phoenix as people, and how werewolves, vampires and other creatures came about and the three Phoenixes in the story and their life.

We have a few plots happening that combine to give us one story. We have the history of Ava, Cade, and Nick and who they are and how they find one another again. We have Cade’s story and what is going on with him. Nick’s story and his love for his siblings Cade and Ava but also his sacrifices
Lindsi (Do You Dog-ear?)
"Actually, I was certain I wasn’t okay, but there was no way I’d tell comic-book-loving, Bunsen-burner-master Wyatt that."

I received an ARC from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. My thoughts and opinions are my own. Also, the quote I used may have changed or been altered in some way, but I am quoting from what I received.

I really liked the concept for this book, but I didn't love it as much as I thought I would. Ava, one of the three siblings, really started to get on
Gianna
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Gianna by: https://entangledpublishing.com/phoen...

Ava has spent all her life in foster care, trying not to get too attached to people. Getting attached hurts. Loving people hurts. Not to mention the fact that if she opened up to anyone, she would have to talk about her weird flashback-like seizures she gets from time to time. Everyone would think she's crazy. Or is there a hint of truth behind everything that's happening to her?

When Nick and Cade
Olivia Farr
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Phoenix Fire" is a great YA paranormal romance about a new kind of creature (which really makes it very original all around). Phoenixes are humans that have special powers to fight creatures of darkness (vampires, werewolves, shadow creatures, etc.). They can heal extremely fast, move with extreme speed, and create a fire- they also regenerate when they die into a young child in some time and place that will eventually receive their memories of past lives in the teenage years (around 16). They ...more
Stephanie Ward
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

'Phoenix Fire' was an exciting and fresh first novel in a new young adult fantasy series with lots of mythology and romance mixed in for good measure. I wasn't sure what to expect when I started reading, but I definitely made the right choice in choosing it. The idea of Phoenixes and the surrounding mythology drew me in from the beginning and I completely lost myself in the world the author created until I had finished the entire novel. I actually really liked every aspect of the book,
Lindsay♫SingerOfStories♫
I was pleasantly surprised by this book. I went into Phoenix Fire not really knowing what to expect. Being completely honest, I saw a cool phoenix on the cover, I saw the YA fantasy genre, and I said "let's give it a shot!". I'm glad that I did!

So in the beginning of the book, things were a little cliche. Our main character, Ava, is in a foster house and never feels like she belongs, and doesn't really want to belong. Then she starts to experience memories and maybe come into certain "powers." *
Alina Graf
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
**I voluntarily read a Review Copy of this book. All opinions stated are solely my own and no one else’s**

First of all I want to say that I really enjoyed this book. It sometimes reminded me of Jennifer L. Armentrout's writing style and her Lux series which I really enjoyed. The characters were really likable. I loved the sibling relationship between Cade, Nick and Ava and between Danny and Ava. And for me the love story was just secondary.

The beginning was very confusing. You just jump into the
Jacki
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review through Wicked Reads.

I originally grabbed this one up just because of the name and I'm glad I did.
Despite a slow start, I did eventually get dragged into this one and didn't put it down until I finished. The concept of Phoenixes was quite intriguing and different, so definitely interested me.
Ava, Cade, and Nick are Phoenix siblings eternally fighting through time to save their race. The catch, they come back as children and hav
Lissa Hawley
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
While I am excited to see phoenix get more air time in the genre, the premise of this book could have used a bit more fleshing out. The villain was a bit too evil for evil's sake.

However the characters were likeable and this was a quick, fun read for me.
Kate
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
I did not finish this book. The summary of this book made it seem like something I would enjoy but I could not get into it. I tried to read it over several days but I just kept putting it down because it did not hold my interest. Both the writing and the story were a bit boring to me. I am reviewing this book based on an ARC received from NetGalley in exchange for an honest opinion.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Vanishing Spark of Dusk
  • Operation Zulu Redemption: Out of Nowhere - Part 2
  • Picturing Heaven: 40 Hope-Filled Devotions with Coloring Pages
  • His Private Fix (Love at the Beach Book 1)
  • A Small Book About A Big Problem
  • No Plain Rebel (No Ordinary Star, #2)
  • The Red Lily (Vampire Blood, #2)
  • Hidden in the Heart
  • Sea of Strangers (The Ryogan Chronicles, #2)
  • High-Stakes Holiday Reunion (The Security Experts, #3)
  • The Sweetheart Sham (Southern Charmed, #1)
  • Ugly Ducklings Finish First
  • Redeeming the Rancher (Serendipity Sweethearts, #3)
  • Waiting for You (Lifesworn #1)
  • Real Men Don't Text: A New Approach to Dating
  • Beyond the Valley (Daughters of the Potomac, #3)
  • Secret Refuge (Wings of Danger #2)
  • The Story Peddler (The Weaver Trilogy #1)
S. D. Grimm’s first love in writing is young adult fantasy and science fiction, which is to be expected from someone who looks up to heroes like Captain America and Wonder Woman, has been sorted into Gryffindor, identifies as rebel scum, and loves elevensies as much as afternoon tea. Her patronus is a red Voltron lion, her spirit animal is Toothless, and she totally has a superpower. She is repres ...more