Start by marking “Blogging for Authors” as Want to Read:
Blogging for Authors

Blogging for Authors

Are you an author who needs to learn more about blogging?

Are you feeling uncertain about the technology or what to blog about?

Finding that all-important reader is the key to an author's success. Many studies shows that blogging is a great way to connect with readers because at it's heart, blogging is just another form of communication.

Blogging for authors covers all
4th edition
Published (first published April 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Blogging for Authors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blogging for Authors

Start your review of Blogging for Authors
Leta McCurry
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Straightforward, easy to follow. Most helpful information I've found on this subject. Recommended.
Naomi Lane
May 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Important reading for beginning authors who wish to market themselves successfully. Easy to follow with practical follow-up exercises.
L.M. Elm
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self_publishing
Socialize digitally...

Writing is often a solitary venture. Drozdowich stresses socializing online provides writers with the ability to network and engage readers ... and sell more books.

Short, but informative read.
Daniel
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
This review originally published in Looking For a Good Book. Rated 4.5 of 5

I feel as though I'm generally pretty proficient when it comes to technology and social media, and after a few books promising 'help' to writers that I've found to be less than actually helpful, I was just a tad hesitant to go into this book (even though I had requested it).

But I'm glad I read this, and found Barb Drozdowich's Blogging for Authors to be one of the most useful books I have read in a very long time.

One of t
Ginger
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hands down one of the best author blogging books I have read in a very, very long time. The resource section at the end is priceless. Well worth your time even if you aren't an author.
James Minter
Apr 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
As a self-published fiction author, besides writing great stories, I’m like all other authors, and need to jump through many hoops to get my books in front of my readers. Time is a premium, and in my opinion, “How to … “ books are a life saver, especially when written by Barbara Drozdowich. She is always honest and authentic, and writes her books to help—they are detailed, inclusive, tried and tested.
Looking at the Table of Contents will give you a quick insight to the breadth and depth of her
Cynthia Harrison
I LOVED Blogging for Authors. AS much as Barb's books have taught me, I learned more here. This book is for sure for more than authors new to blogging...I've been blogging since 2002 and I can see some things I want to change. I love how she talks about blogging as a conversation. I am interested in blogging about more than writing and I found a bunch of keywords to help me expand what I can write about. Don't know what keywords are? Barb explains:) I also took to heart the part about author bra ...more
Ana
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: authors and book bloggers. Or just beginner bloggers in general.
Shelves: e-book
Really good for authors and book bloggers. Or just beginner bloggers in general.

This book is designed to help writers who deal with the first technical issues in the creation of their author’s blog. Barb Drozdowich describes the practical challenges of blogging faced by new bloggers, either they choose Blogger, Wordpress.com or Wordpress.org platforms.

The book is quite thorough in showing how to solve the technical issues that challenge the beginner blogger. Her writing is complemented with v
Brit
Jul 24, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: technical
Blogging for Authors was a quick read but highly technical and geared towards WordPress users.

I didn’t entirely agree with the methods but I imagine that if a person sticks with a certain method that they will achieve some success more due to consistency, than the actual method.

It really boils down to preferences. I don’t prefer Wordpress and the tools that this author recommends.

The author uses majority logic for the basis of establishing quality which is faulty.

By saying more people use Wor
Hilary Grossman
Apr 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read the majority, if not all, of Barb Drozdowich books. Every time she publishes a new one I can't wait to get my hands on it because I always learn so much. And Blogging for Authors was no different! This book was chock full of useful information. It was easy to read and understand. But most of all I love how it was written for author/bloggers at any level. I have been blogging for over five years and I bookmarked numerous pages. Many times books such as this are written only for beginn ...more
Kathy
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blogging for Authors is a comprehensive, extremely practical book covering all aspects of the blog, including why authors should blog and what they could blog about. In a friendly, conversational tone, Barb explains technical language such that a writer feels confident to start a blog no matter what their level of expertise is. Further comprehensive details are listed at the back of the book with various links to YouTube videos. This book will be of great help to all writers, whether they are re ...more
E.J.
Jul 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
I was pleasantly surprised when this book turned out to be a lot longer than I was expecting. It's full of a lot of hints, tips, tricks and suggestions for setting up your blog and website. I would recommend this for beginners and even more advanced. There is a large tech section at the back--where you can find help if you need it and not be bogged down with technical details while reading--as well as a glossary of terminology.
Paul Anlee
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was provided a complimentary copy of this book so I could give an honest review.

As an author and a blogger, I found this book informative and stimulating. It gave me many new ideas about how to improve my blog. It covers everything: understanding the purpose of blogging for authors; how to select blog topics that mesh with your writing; how to amplify your blog's exposure; when to post your blogs and how to feed your blogs into social media; technical details of the most popular blogging platf
Rebecca L.
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazingly Helpful

This little book includes a wealth of helpful information for the beginning blogger. I have a lot to learn but this was a great tool for getting started. It’s full of helpful tips and information that I would not have otherwise known. I highly recommend this book to anyone who is even thinking about starting a blog.
Debbi Mack
Apr 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Clear, concise, and sensible advice about how to blog as an author. This book also offers links to a variety of helpful resources that even the least tech-savvy blogger can use. I highly recommend it.
J Aislynn d'Merricksson
Blogging for Authors by Barb Drozdowich is part of the Building Blocks series for writers. As the title suggests, this book focuses on blogging. Among the topics covered are why authors should bother blogging, the different types of platforms offered, finding topics, and extra tools and tricks for blogging. There are several links to tutorial videos. Though it's from a few years ago, the practical information is still quite valuable. Some of the technical aspects of the various platforms, and su ...more
Faith Justice
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, writing-life
A thorough and useful guide to blogging for fun and "platform building." I've been blogging for years and still found some new stuff to implement.
Jeanine Malarsky
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: writing-how-to
Excellent book per the title. She is thorough and writes so it is easy to absorb. There is more to blogging than one might assume. I highly recommend this book.
Kay
Apr 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
No matter where you are on your blogging journey, this book is your new manual! As a beginner you may be daunted, but there are clear basics laid out here, from software to costs to design, with resources—links to networking sites and picture-source sites, along with 26 video-training links—to help every step of the way. As a "basic blogger" you—and your readers—may be overwhelmed with things that are holding you back from happy blogging. By debunking misunderstandings, like making it hard to co ...more
Lisandra Coelho
Bobby Joyner
May 28, 2019
Carolyn McBride
Oct 17, 2018

• O último dia da inocência
  • Coming Up for Air
  • Classics:  Books For Life
  • Brazen and the Beast (The Bareknuckle Bastards, #2)
  • Butterface (The Hartigans, #1)
  • I Kissed an Earl (Pennyroyal Green, #4)
  • She Sat He Stood: What Do Your Characters Do While They Talk?
  • More or Less a Temptress (The Somerset Sisters, #3)
  • More or Less a Countess (The Somerset Sisters, #2)
  • What I Did for a Duke (Pennyroyal Green, #5)
  • Huddle With Me Tonight (New York Sabers Football, #1)
  • More or Less a Marchioness (The Somerset Sisters, #1)
  • There Is A Season
  • Runaway
  • Small Beneath the Sky: A Prairie Memoir
  • Deixa O Alfredo Falar!
  • The Self-Discipline Blueprint: A Simple Guide to Beat Procrastination, Achieve Your Goals, and Get the Life You Want

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Barb can teach anyone to use WordPress. She is a voracious reader of Regency Romance, taxi driver, gourmet chef in training, and slave to a cute puppy.

Barb has taught in colleges, universities and in the banking industry. More recently, she brings her years of teaching experience and a deep love of books to help authors develop the social media platform needed to succeed in today’s fast evolving p

News & Interviews