Start by marking “Twisted: Belle's Story (Destined, #3)” as Want to Read:
Twisted: Belle's Story (Destined, #3)

Twisted: Belle's Story

(Destined #3)

Belle has it all—beauty, brains, and an extravagant inheritance from her father, the most powerful banker in the city.

There’s only one problem. Her glittering life is a waking nightmare just beneath the surface.

When Belle’s brain is damaged in a horrible attack on the morning of her final exam, everything unravels. Before long, she’s lost it all—her memories, her
Published March 7th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Twisted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twisted

Start your review of Twisted: Belle's Story (Destined, #3)
*❆ Kαɾҽɳ ❆*
What a delightful Retelling. I love beauty and the beast retellings, it's my favourite fairytale so anything about it I'm bound to love, and this book was no exception

This story briefly overlaps with the first book of the series, Fated, with Ella, so it would be best to read all the books in the series in order as they overlap. But I guess you could read it as a standalone too

Belle has it all, beauty, intelligence, money, heir to the family bank. To all her peers it would appear she has a
Annie
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Excellent third book in the series. I like the progression of the larger story and the different viewpoints you see, and you still don't see everything. Great way to maintain mystery and interest while still satisfying the reader.
Coralie
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the third book in Kaylin Lee's Destined series. I received a free ARC from the author. (Thank you!!)

I have thoroughly enjoyed this series so far and thus had high expectations for Belle's story. That said, Hidden: Rapunzel's Story, Book 2, kind of threw me for a bit of a loop. (You can see my review for more details.) So, I wasn't really sure what to expect, but I was still expecting it to be good...if that makes sense. The story did overlap with the others, just as book two did with
Catherine ~All for the greater glory of God~
Notable Content: Kissing. Implied sexual desire. Physical admiration, including of a man's torso.

I wasn't a huge fan of the romance; it seemed a bit abrupt near the end. I can understand where (view spoiler) came from, but I think it should have been foreshadowed more or explained better. I like the characters, and I especially loved learning more about Belle. She was a fascinating character and her world was very interesting, so I especially liked the
Leia Rose
A good addition to the series. I liked the twist on Belle's story where her father isn't a loving person and her sister's aren't so much mean but reclusive because of their own dark lives. Belle's super smart and has a strong moral compass. Unfortunately part of being smart and deciding to take her father's empire apart means that she knows what she can't afford to do. She can't afford to be kind. She has to be snippy to the servants so they won't get hurt and so she won't get in trouble. She ...more
Apr 28, 2019 rated it liked it
I liked this book quite a bit, and i LOVE Belle - even though she's not a typical Belle character, i loved her spirit and her capability, even in the first book (Fated). I felt she had so much potential! And I'm the front of this book, seeing the scene from her perspective was really lovely. However, Twisted has some major issues. I would still recommend reading the book (especially if you're on Kindle unlimited, like me), but just bear in mind that it had a few major issues so don't have super ...more
Tiffany
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love Love Love! Her Best Book Yet!

I absolutely love Beauty and the Beast fairytales and this book was no exception! I've been waiting for Belle's story for a long time and Miss Lee did not disappoint! I love her message that there can be both beauty and a little bit of "beast" in all of us. And I loved watching Belle's transformation from spoiled brat to beloved heroine. Her backstory was so much deeper and complex than I could've imagined and I admire her character that much more for fighting
LittleDeadRedGoddessPersephone
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars! I fell in love with this series earlier this year and have raved about it to anyone and everyone that would listen. I have loved each and every book thus far. I had been so excited for this one and was super thrilled when I discovered that the third book had come out. I am a big fan of Beauty and the Beast and was thrilled that Belle was the next story. That being said I must say that I liked this one just a tiny bit less than the first two books in the series.

Though I loved Belle and
Elena
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an AMAZING read! Belle is my favorite princess, so I always look forward to reading a retelling of Beauty and the Beast. I love the way that Kaylin Lee created the "Beast." I have enjoyed exploring the world of Procus/mage/commoner so far throughout this series.

**SPOILER ALERT** As the oldest of four, I admired how Belle re-built her relationship with her sisters, Jade and Kaia.

Here is one of my other FAVE Beauty and the Beast retellings for those of you who have an ultimate crush on
Denise
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Compelling, original story with just a nod to the original

The greatest thing about these books is that they are true original stories with none of the cliched plot points I've come to expect from other retellings. There are just enough hints at the original that you can recognize them, but they never lead to a point where you can guess the plotline ahead of how our unfolds. I'm hooked.

With that being said, you may wonder why I withheld a star. There are very few books I give a 5 star rating to,
Jean Downing
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Destined series review - i loved it. Perfect for teen readers

This series is styled as a “retelling” of fairy tales but it’s really just interesting new stories with just a hint of the basis in the fairy tale. All three were very enjoyable to read. Perfect for a young/teen reader. (Some references to sex (in that Zel is pregnant when she meets Ella in the first book) and drug usage.)
Jamie
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love fairytales

I love the story of Beauty and the beast and this one did not disappoint. It was interesting to have Belle's father not be the living parent that we are accustomed to. Belle not only had to learn to love the beast but also be strong enough to stand up to her father.
Stephani Austin
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun little series

Well, now I’m to the end of what’s currently written. Guess I’ll have to come back later. So far I’ve enjoyed this. The second book got a bit tedious in the overlap with the first book, but this gives a whole different perspective on the same time frame and beyond. Nicely entwined fairy tales with plenty of good values thrown in.
Tierra
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Expect the unexpected

The Destined series is one of twists, turns, intrigue, romance and suspense. TWISTED captivates you from beginning to end. It was one of the best twists on Beauty and the Beast I have ever had the Joy of reading and I will continue to enjoy reading again and again.
Life. Mananger.2011gmail.Com
Dec 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoy this author and the fantasy world she has created. This want my favorite of the series because I liked when the main character felt in control and often she didn't. She suffered a lot and that felt rather discouraging. I would have liked another chapter about the happy ending, to help compensate for the darkness of the story. Also, I was rooting for Cole ; )
Leona
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, ya, romance
I enjoyed this book, and the different take on the fairy tale. I liked the overall story arc and the heroine's personal ending. I've read the other stories in the series and they add to the background of the novel.

However, I'm dissatisfied with the way the romance wrapped up. I had to think about it and justify it to myself, rationalize it. So, 4 stars.
Kerstin
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the plot for the most part. I enjoyed the interaction between the prince and Belle. I liked the "Beauty and the Beast" plot. I didn't love the drug plot mixed in. I enjoyed it more than her other books overall.
Destiny Puente
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put it down

In book 1 we disliked belle because of how she treated ella. And now in book 3 we learn why, how she felt acting that way, and watch her grow. Absolutely loved it.
Desiree Jacobson
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

Great retelling of Beauty and the Beast with fabulous twists. I enjoyed the interaction between the characters of the other books and hearing a continuation of their stories. Clean and fun.
Kimberly Gordon-Bercich
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Royalty, Novels and Gangsters

What do they have in common? They all fight for power! Can Belle and Estefan find a way to save their city from this power struggle? Maybe if they don't get themselves killed first. Super fun read.
Robin Musch
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nice, quick little read

Fast-paced romance with a little magic thrown in for good measure. Not an intensely deep story, but still a fun read.
Elizabeth Sojourner
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Great story. I love how the story is its own but at the same time the stories are connected. Recommended to read all four books
Jessica
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Interesting twist on Belle and the Beast.
Heather Crawford
Great

I am really enjoying this series. They are all, so far, filled with heartbreak, but you do get your happy ever after in the end!
Kelli
Feb 03, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kathaeryn
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

Such amazing writing and we'll put together story. I can't even wait for the next one! So glad I found this series!!
Tacy
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Very well written. I love how all the stories in this series are interwoven. I really enjoyed this version of Beauty and the Beast.
January Kovacevich
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love these retellings! Mystery, drama, love..

All of Ms. Lee's books are great! Grown up retelling of the fairy tales we grew up loving! I can't wait to read the next one.
Ellen T. Barrett
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this author

These books are fun, intriguing and keep me on the edge of my seat. I loved them. No profanity is also a bonus
Alex (Briennai)
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Review coming soon

• A Princess of Wind and Wave: A Retelling of The Little Mermaid (Beyond the Four Kingdoms, #6)
  • Identity (The Kingdom Chronicles, #3)
  • A Captive of Wing and Feather: A Retelling of Swan Lake (Beyond the Four Kingdoms, #5)
  • Reflection (The Kingdom Chronicles, #4)
  • Spelled (The Kingdom Chronicles, #2)
  • Pathways (The Kingdom Chronicles, #1)
  • Daughter of Lies (Andari Chronicles, #5)
  • Shadow and Thorn (Andari Chronicles, #4)
  • Princess of Shadows (Fairy Tale Adventures, #1)
  • Goldheart (Andari Chronicles, #2)
  • The Princess Search: A Retelling of The Ugly Duckling (The Four Kingdoms, #5)
  • Reign of Magic (The Fairy Tale Enchantress, #3)
  • Ellie and the Prince (Faraway Castle, #1)
  • Pirouette (Andari Chronicles, #3)
  • A Dream of Ebony and White: A Retelling of Snow White (Beyond the Four Kingdoms, #4)
  • Path of Secrets (Andari Chronicles, #6)
  • The Beast and the Beauty (Reversed Retellings, #2)
  • Princess of Secrets (Fairy Tale Adventures, #2)
Kaylin Lee lives in the Pacific Northwest with her real-life hero husband and two sweet kiddos. After a lifetime of staying up too late reading stories, she now wakes up too early writing them. It was probably inevitable.

Destined (5 books)
  • Fated: Cinderella's Story (Destined, #1)
  • Hidden: Rapunzel's Story (Destined, #2)
  • Betrayed: Ruby's Story (Destined, #4)
  • Hunted: Alba's Story (Destined, #5)