Start by marking “A Deadly World: Vampires in New York” as Want to Read:
A Deadly World: Vampires in New York

A Deadly World: Vampires in New York

(A Deadly World)

After the Vampires took over Earth in the great paranormal war, Humans have become second-class citizens - working as slaves, in brothels, as entertainers, or blood donors.
New York, excluding London, is one of the last big cities to still be under vampire rule after the humans won against the Vampires in Paris.
In the city that never sleeps, vampires thrive in their newfo
Published April 30th 2018 by Enchanted Anthologies

To ask other readers questions about A Deadly World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Deadly World

Anna
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-authors
****I voluntarily reviewed this book, all opinions are my own!***

This review is only for Blood Daughter by KL Bone. I plan on reading the rest of the stories, however, I am a huge fan of KL Bone, so I read her story first.

I loved the beginning of Sadie's story. It was heartbreaking but definitely forming of the world that KL Bone was creating. That back story set the pace for the present day in NYC and I was excited to see where Sadie was going to take her life and how HAV was going to play int
Gladys Gonzales Atwell
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nerdgirlofficial
KL Bone's story Blood Daughter is nothing short of spectacular! I am not surprised of course. As a long time fan of her writing, I didn't expect anything less. Her writing flows off the page and wraps around you in a gentle (or not so gentle - PUN intended since we are talking about blood sucking vampires) embrace.

This anthology includes stories about the vampire wars against humans in New York City. Mrs. Bone's characters are vivaciously vicious and are true to the vampiric nature we all are kn
Samantha
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Vampires are not usually my thing, but I really enjoyed the first anthology in this series and was looking forward to reading this next installment.

Blood Lust - The plan being put in place for Tillie laid all the drama on the table right from the beginning and had me on edge wanting to know what would happen. There were emotions and betrayal throughout and by the end I was rendered speechless.

The Monster Himself - This story was a chilling walk down memory lane for Joseph and also showcased hi
Andrea Stewart
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This anthology of stories about vampires in New York is fantastic! There are several stories written by different authors, they are all amazing in their own ways and will leave you hooked from the first word until the last! The vampires are vicious and powerful and wonderfully addicting! I love that each story has its own twists and turns and leaves you hooked in different ways for different reasons.

This anthology contains stories written by some of my favorite authors and it’s wonderful to be
Alicia Harrietha
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Deadly World: Vampires in New York is the second book in the series and is an anthology of some amazing authors!! I have to admit the first book Vampires in Paris hooked me immediately so it was no surprise that I would
Love the second one just as much. This anthology is comprised of stories about the vampire wars against humans in New York City and the wonderful characters that that I loved andalso hated!!! I was completely lost in reading this book and if your a fan of stories about Vampires
Danielle Suzanne DuSchene
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love anthologies that link together. Especially ones as well written as this one!
All the characters melt together seamlessly, which just makes this book all the more enjoyable to read.
After the takeover in Paris, New York is the next to attempt to take their city back from Vampires. With a little help, can HAV have a victory or will the Hierarchy get taken down in yet another way all together?
You can read this as a standalone. What happened in Paris is mentioned several times and is very good
Kimmy Diaz
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm not one to usually read books about vampires, but this book was definitely worth the read! The authors all have their own writing style, but how the stories are placed, it flows perfectly together! Reading a little piece of the characters lives makes me want to know more about them. If you love reading about the paranormal I HIGHLY recommend reading this! This was definitely a 5 star read for me!
D.C.
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was different from most books I read. It was dozens of short stories that filled a bigger picture. I read it because I love KL Bones work and I’ll admit I read her story first but it’s not something I recommend if you follow one of these many authors. Start from the beginning and follow the story in this dystopian world.
Tabitha Hartman
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I completely love these books in this series!! It is amazing how all the Authors can tie each book of the Anthology together and make it read so smoothly. And I got to be a part of this one!! So exciting!! Great job to all!!
Katy_ Rose
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great set of stories!

I really enjoyed all of these stories!! There are so many really talented writers in here! The very first story grabbed my attention and I couldn't put it down!! Ms. Able is a future best seller!

Trip Xavier
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
A cleverly crafted story by several authors. Talk about a timeless love story.
Kayleigh
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
A good read, lots of action.

I do think in some places the storytelling was confusing because of jumping from present to
past so quickly.
Gemma Price
Jan 31, 2019
Nancie
May 05, 2018
Gemma Price
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Tobie
Jun 01, 2018
Krystle Able
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Mary Dollar
Jun 20, 2018
Shelby
Feb 15, 2018
Jade
Feb 19, 2018
Laurie Treacy
Feb 27, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: read-in-2018