Start by marking “The Breakthrough Series (3-Book Set)” as Want to Read:
The Breakthrough Series (3-Book Set)

The Breakthrough Series

(Breakthrough #1-3)

ONE OF THE GREATEST BREAKTHROUGHS IN HUMAN HISTORY.
A SECRET THAT WAS NEVER SUPPOSED TO BE FOUND.
AND A STORY YOU WILL NEVER FORGET.

Book One - BREAKTHROUGH

Deep in the Caribbean Sea, a nuclear submarine is forced to suddenly abort its mission under mysterious circumstances. Strange facts begin to emerge that lead naval investigator, John Clay, to a small group of marine bio/>
Published February 9th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Breakthrough Series, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Breakthrough Series

Start your review of The Breakthrough Series (3-Book Set)
Steven Parfker
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow!

I'm an avid sci-fi fan, have been a very long time. Over 55 years as a matter of fact. I've read Clarke, Asimov, Heinlein, Bradbury and many others. Seldom does a series like this one happen. The characters and premise are fresh and new, the writing is clear and concise, but most importantly, the author allows you to fully engage in the story. I'm impressed. Great sci-fi! Well done Michael! Looking forward to the rest of the series.
Lisa Omstead
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic bargain for this 5+ star series!

There is a good reason that the Breakthrough Series has been a continuous best seller since the first book appeared in 2013. I have read every superbly written story and the journey keeps getting better. If you're not already hooked, this box set makes for the perfect opportunity.
Rodney Kim
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great Series

I love this series and can't wait to read the next book. The balance of adventure, espionage and technology is well done. Definitely not your normal "Male Fantasy Novel".
Shelly Shinevar
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
These books are a great combination of action adventure and science fiction. The main characters are well-developed and the twists and turns kept me flipping through the pages on my Kindle. I wanted to continue reading and look forward to the next book in the series -- "Ripple"!
Diana Gugel
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful Series

Thoroughly enjoyed this series. The characters make you care about them. The story is compelling and fresh. It’s hard to put down.
Donald Franck
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great series and we'll worth the read

Clive Cussler, eat your heart out! You have two characters to rival Dirk Pitt and his friends and a new storyline that keeps you reading. Read all the books to get the whole experience.
Keryn
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
(Although this doesnt say im a verified purchase....i *DO* in fact own verified copies of these books bought one at a time instead of this boxset. At the time of purchase this boxset wasnt released yet.) You won't regret taking a chance on this unique and suspenseful series. Utterly filled to the brim with heart, suspense, mystery, and a few paranormalesque twists. The paranormal itself isn't center to this story. It revolves around a program that enables humans and dolphins to communicate. Bee ...more
Patrick
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
Bland, silly and mediocre

The first part is the novel Breakthrough. The novel has no memorable characters, except the dolphins.

The dialogue fits the characters but the plot was a bit twisty. This allows the action segments to drive the story without much interference. There is one comment, early on which makes no sense. A character blames the democrats for funding cutbacks to the military. It was totally unrelated to the rest of the conversation.

Remember the big budget agreement between Obama
Brad
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
The first book was aptly titled Breakthrough, and I enjoyed it. It reminded me of my childhood, reading the likes of Michael Crichton or Robin Cook. I’d give it a 3 out of 5 as a standalone.

In the second book, Leap, two new characters were introduced, to which major portions of the book were dedicated. Unfortunately, I never connected with them. Which meant I didn’t care about an entire section spread throughout the book.
It turns out one of those characters (the other is a gorilla) is based on a
Karen I.
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Astonishing discoveries seemingly impossible to comprehend.

Wrapping my head around a world altering phenomena discovered on a remote mountain top in South America and deep in the ocean near Trinidad brings a whole new meaning to page turner.

Michael C. Grumley has the gift for creating mind numbing and intensely exciting storylines. This series "The Breakthrough" develops what most would say is fantasy which by no means demeans the premise, but actually could be reality some day in the not too dis
Sheila Beitler
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Two forces at odds and agendas different from each other. The military (and not just ours) is looking for the ultimate secret weapon. The other, scientific, looking for breakthroughs that will change the world. All under the ocean filled with wondrous new things never before found, let alone imagined. If you haven't read this series by Michael C. Grumely, now is the time. A satisfying 3 book set that will open your eyes to possibilities that could benefit, or destroy, mankind.
Steve
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great INITIAL Story

This series of books was immediately VERY GOOD with its initial story line — inter species communications! It’s not even that far-fetched, whether “you believe” or simply enjoy SciFi. I, for one, would have been happier with the storyline if it just stuck to its initial train of thought. Consequently — I only give the three-book series I’ve read 4-Stars, rather than 5; I think the divergence from the initial approach was a hindrance, not a plus.
David
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderous

A wonderful book, well-written. Full of, if you care to stop and think, insights and lessons for humanity's role on this planet.

If indeed we currently live alongside other sentient species on this planet, look around at what we've become and done. How exactly do you explain the 'human conditions' - - much less our history -- to them?

Don't worry, however, potential readers. That's just me being preachy. The author doesn't.
lonnie bridges
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great series

I enjoyed this three book set very much. The story line was very upbeat and is a different style than I usually like to read, (I'm not into fantasy at all), but I thought enjoyed the action\adventure side of the story. I also enjoyed the fact that Mr. Brimley wrote the entire series without having his characters rely on using foul language or sex to keep the story moving.
Jann Weinrich
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a unique concept

Michael Grumley has created a exciting and interesting saga of astonishing proportions. Your mix of fact and fiction kept me entailed and up many a night wondering how and where the adventure would turn. I'm always disappointed when good book ends. Knowing there is more to come is reassuring that I will continue to enjoy many more fascinating moments of Mr. Grumley's imagination in the future. Please keep writing, you have me as a fan.
shirley gillespie
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wonderful series!

One of the best I have read of late! Kept me glued to every page. Full of excitement and so much intrigue. I loved how you kept all the characters interesting and so
believable. I look so forward to following the next instalment. Thanks for a great entertaining series.

Craig Westbrook
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Started by chance continuing for the Love of it.

I follow Clive Cussler, Tom Clancy and WEB Griffin on a regular basis. Michael Grumley's novels are as good as any I have ever read. The Breakthrough series is fascinating, extremely well-written and I guarantee that once you start it you will read and enjoy every book.
Charles & Janel Wells
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Could be a movie or series...

I thought this was a very unique and exceptional series filled with everything from action, drama, comedy, aliens and love. Once I got started I couldn’t put it down. I’m very partial to mysteries and sci-fi and it had that as well. Very fun read. I advise anyone to take a look.
kim caldwell
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG what an excellent series!

Good guys, bad guys, military, super secrets, dolphins, monkeys and humans....oh my! Lots of action, adventure, scientific discoveries and loss. An emotional roller coaster you simply can't miss. A great story line that is truly a work of excellent creation.
Mary Younk
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you like suspense, action, and dolphins, yes, DOLPHINS, You will love these books. Not only are they a great ride but they are clean. Only a slight sprinkling of profanity and not immoral .
Wish these stories would be turned to a movie series. Love the characters especially Dirk and Sally! You won't regret reading these books.
Cherie
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely Riveting

I've never read a series as good as this one. The characters were brilliant, the plots in the series kept you glued to the book. I found myself unable to put it down. Do yourself the biggest of favors and purchase the series; you will thank yourself. It totally deserves more than five stars.
Denice Darland
Mar 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Couldve been better

This was an intriguing tale on animal communication research and governmental conspiracy that could have really been superb but for the worthless foul language that added absolutely nothing to the story line.
Alejandro
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent sci-fi books

Very very good trilogy, keeps you hooked no matter what, since the begining got hookend and almost didnt put down the first book, waiting to read the next 2 books.
robyn e cogger
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fast paced, wow.........

The dynamics of military, scientist, and nature. Fast paced, well written.
A true adventure, patriotism, and awe inspiring.
Clearly I'm not a writer, and I couldn't put the series down......
Michelle
Apr 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Good story

I liked this book. I love science and this has so much about how the characters go through the process of discovery. It is a good thriller as well. Keeps you on the edge of your seat. Only have 3 stars because the swearing is more than I want.
Kim Williamson
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow!

Well written and believable. Not just another sci-fi read. This makes you think. Showing governments, several, cover ups and the lengths our leaders will go to for greed. I enjoyed this series.
Robert St-Jacques
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing, fast-paced series.

Enjoyed the first three parts of this series. Some great theories are raised and played out, and the characters are likeable. And dolphins - I mean, who doesn't love dolphins?
judith hagmayer
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book

The books were great. Had a hard putting them down to go to bed. The John Clay and the rest of the people were great. Thank you Michael for great books. On to the next book.
Susan McMillan
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great read! I want to turn out to be true!

My son recommended this series and at first I thought “yeh, right”, now I wake up wishing some of it was real... esp the communication with the animals! I hope we reach that point of understanding and learning from them!
Randy Troyer
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable and entertaining. I find myself believing the "fiction" part of science fiction may be a little hazy. I could see this happening, if it hasn't already. I hope we as a species, can handle it.

• The Belial Library (Belial #2)
  • If A Dragon Cries (The Legend of Hooper's Dragons Book 1)
  • Thaddeus Murfee Box Set Books 4-5-6 (Thaddeus Murfee Legal Thrillers)
  • Web of Truth (Cadicle, #4)
  • Endgame
  • Day of Honor (Star Trek Voyager)
  • Twiceborn Endgame (The Proving #3)
  • Drifter: Part Two (Sam Prichard, #7)
  • Reckoning (The Ixan Prophecies #3)
  • Abominable
  • The Half-Assed Wizard (The Half-Assed Wizard #1)
  • The Final Fury (Star Trek Voyager, #9; Invasion, #4)
  • Paint The Wind
  • Lifemarked (The Fatemarked Epic, #5)
With over a 1,000,000 books sold, Michael C. Grumley is the author of the best-selling BREAKTHROUGH series.

He lives in Northern California with his two young daughters. He’s an avid reader, runner and most of all father. He dotes on his girls every chance he gets.

He is currently working on the next Breakthrough book.

Breakthrough (5 books)
  • Breakthrough (Breakthrough, #1)
  • Leap (Breakthrough, #2)
  • Catalyst (Breakthrough, #3)
  • Ripple (Breakthrough, #4)
  • Mosaic (Breakthrough, #5)
“are introverted so what we see on the outside is only the tip of the iceberg. Unfortunately, when they hit their breaking point, we don’t get much warning.” 0 likes
“Alison gave a meek nod.  “Thank you.” 0 likes