Start by marking “Temná krása (Letopisy Pozůstalých, #3)” as Want to Read:
Temná krása (Letopisy Pozůstalých, #3)

Temná krása

(The Remnant Chronicles #3)

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  24,928 ratings  ·  3,435 reviews
Lia sice přežila zajetí ve Vendě, ale teď se musí vypořádat s ještě větším problémem. Hrozí totiž, že dojde ke zničení jejího království. A pouze ona to může zastavit.
Lia se tak musí stát tou, kterou nikdy nechtěla být – První dcerou Morrighanu –, vypořádat se se zrádci, překonat nepředstavitelné překážky a konečně přijmout to, kým je.
Protože osud všech království závisí
Published April 9th 2018 by CooBoo (first published August 2nd 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Temná krása, please sign up.
Abigail I COMPLETELY disagree. I cant stand Kaden. The reason being that just be cause he "loves" Lia he thinks that HES end game. If he loved her, he would…moreI COMPLETELY disagree. I cant stand Kaden. The reason being that just be cause he "loves" Lia he thinks that HES end game. If he loved her, he would want her to be happy, instead he saw her miserable for weeks, playing a game he knew he couldn't control, that he knew ultimately she was at harms way every time and he let her stay there because he was selfish.

I hate guys with that mentality and there's so many of them in the world.(less)

·  24,928 ratings  ·  3,435 reviews

Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
This world, it breathes you in … it knows you, and then it breathes you out again, shares you.”

I don’t know why but I think this quote is so very suitable for the entire book. You’re drawn into this world and you live with the characters, want to know how it continues and what’s going to happen next and then after 679 pages you’re done with the book and it feels like it “breathes you out again”.

The only thing I haven’t decided yet is whether this is a good or a bad thing. *lol* Don’t get me wro
Katerina Kondrenko
11 out 10

Ревью в моем блоге/This review on my blog
Living A Thousand Lives

Short-Soundtrack:
Laura Jansen feat. Ed Harcourt – A Call To Arms
Andrew Belle – Pieces
Onyay Pheori – No More Waiting

Genre: post-apocalyptic, fantasy, upper-YA
Stuff: politics, war, hope, sacrifices, love and a lot of more
WOW: world-building, writing style, characters, twists
POV: 1st-person, m
Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)

Find me on Instagram & Twitter!

Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★
❝I cry out and fall to my knees,
unable to go on,
weeping for the dead,
weeping for the cruelties,
and a whisper calls to me from far away,
You are strong,
Stronger than your pain,
Stronger than your grief,
Stronger than them.

And I force myself to my feet again.❞

I can't believe that this is the end of one of my favorite series of all time. If I could stay in this world forever, I would. I wish it never had to end. This world, these characters, these b
Alyssa
Jul 07, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-releases
***Review posted on The Eater of Books! blog***

The Beauty of Darkness by Mary E. Pearson
Book Three of the Remnant Chronicles
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)
Publication Date: August 2, 2016
Rating: 1 star
Source: eARC from NetGalley

***NO DIRECT SPOILERS, BUT THERE ARE VAGUE NOTES AND SUCH. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. POTENTIAL INSINUATION-TYPE SPOILERS.***

Summary (from Goodreads):

Lia and Rafe have escaped Venda and the path before them is winding and dangerous - what will happen now? This third and f
Cait • A Page with a View
Oh my goodness, I was such an angsty little drama llama about this ARC and I'm so sorry... I take back everything I ranted about 2 years ago. This is a GENUINELY GOOD STORY and absolutely one of my favorite series of all time. I think I was just so invested in the conclusion that it never could have lived up to my expectations...

That being said, I do still wish this trilogy could've been 4 books long in order to have an even stronger conclusion. The first 1/3 of this book was awesome, but then i
Jacqueline
Aug 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.25/5 stars

The Remnant Chronicles Spoiler Free Series Review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMS-6...

If you follow me on twitter you would know I woke up at 3AM this morning and could not go back to bed. I thought maybe I should read a book to help myself fall back asleep...it did the complete opposite.

From 3AM-10Am this morning I finished all 688 pages of The Beauty of Darkness and even though I'm extremely tired I don't regret it at all.

I was honestly such an emotional mess when I got to the
Emily (Books with Emily Fox)
I was afraid the last book wouldn't live up to the rest of the series but.... totally worth the read!
So many great relationships and political intrigue!
Andreea Pop
Beatiful, beautiful, beautiful. I was frustrated, happy, shocked, angry, in love, joyous, heartbroken, sad, exhilarated and awed -- I experienced everything on the emotional palette because this was such a great, solid conclusion. I wanted more, perhaps an epilogue to make my greedy heart satisfied but I guess the cleverness and mastery of the book will have to suffice. Lia, there are no words for the sheer badassery. Rafe, you almost-insufferable-at-times and lovable piece of star-hung perfecti ...more
April
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was expecting more, but it was a pretty decent ending for the series.
Helena of Sparta ✰ (on semi-hiatus)
description

WOW. WOW. JUST WOW. WHAT. A. FINALE. I haven’t flown through a book of this size (700-ish pages) in one sitting, since the release of Lady Midnight!!! I read the general reviews on GoodReads for this book before reading it and I can honestly say that I have no idea what you lot were going on about!!! This was amazing!!! I’m personally a huge fan of long and political books (hence, why I study politics ha ha), so maybe that’s why I enjoyed it more??? Either way, I had a blast!

“[I]t was only me,
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
I don't know what else to give this book right now but 3 stars. I will re-read it later. I don't know if it's my mood or the book itself. There were things I didn't like at all.

I liked that Lia was pretty bad@ssed but she ruined everything else. It seemed like that little bit at the end could lead to something good in your imagination. But mostly it was all just strange to me.

I do still think most of it is my mood.

1) I'm not having fun on GR any more. Sometimes when I'm chatting to one of my
Hannah
Jun 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
The perfect finale for the series!

The world building and the character development gets better and better with each book, and this one definitely tops them all!

Also, that last scene was too much for me and I'm still not over it <333
Lindsay Cummings
Wow this was by far my favorite of the trilogy!! So good, so many incredible twists and character developments! Sad it's over, but excited to see what Mary comes up with next!
Lia  °booksnpenguins°
After months spent in denial, after months spent keeping myself back from reading the last chapters of this book because it'd mean I'd be done with this series forever, I finally found the courage to finish it and...the tears are real.
Whether they're joyful tears or sad ones, that's still to decide.
With great regret, though, I must admit this book was good but not that good. I expected more. More character development, more plot depth, more... I don't know, more The Remnant Chronicles-ness, I g
Joshee Kun (조수아)
Warning: Major Spoilers Ahead

I am yours, and you are mine, and no kingdom will ever come between us.

This is undeniably one of the best books I have ever read. It made me feel a myriad of emotions, ranging from uncontrollable joy to heartbreaking grief.

After Lia barely escapes Venda, Rafe brings her to Dalbreck, where he plans to make her his queen. Unfortunately, Lia's happily ever after is obstructed by a mind-blowing plot twist: the despicable Komizar is still alive. Guided by her Gift of kno
April (Aprilius Maximus)
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
This series isn't perfect, but it sure is one of my favourites!
Ashley
Jul 07, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
UPDATE OCTOBER 2015

HOLY CRAP THAT COVER!!!! SLAY LIA SLAAAYYYYYYY! #TEAMLIA #TEAMKADEN . DON'T JUDGE ME.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a title.

The Beauty of Darkness<3 Someone needs to hold me because the wait for this beauty is intolerable

Curse my heart and its indecisiveness.

KADEN?

RAFE?

EXCUSE ME WHILE I GO BUILD A TIME MACHINE, SO I CAN TRANSPORT MYSELF TO THIS BOOK.
What was that? Time machines don't exist?
SERIOUSLY?
2016 *cries*

Alafiya
Saturday, 3:41 am:
I feel like Mary E. Pearson has stirred all my emotions. Emotions that I just can't settle. All of them flying, howling, circling, tumbling and jingling inside me. I have no idea how I'll recover. I just hope I get back to normal soon. Real life seems boring one minute and exhausting the next. I am staring at the ceiling and constantly thinking about this book. Even music hasn't been able to remedy this hangover. I feel miserable. This series has ended. *sigh*

Saturday, 10:14 am
Cody
COVER REVEAL: THE BEAUTY OF DARKNESS

description

I love it, I need this now!

THE BEAUTY OF DARKNESS.. Oh my god what does this mean?
I have too many idea's, I just need this now
2016? Rafe or Kaden? Oh my heart!
Mariana
Jul 24, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I need to know what happens in this book! If Kaden and Lia don't end up together my heart is seriously gonna break. He saw them having a baby for Christ's sake!
Lia has a destiny to fulfill as written in the Song of Venda. She killed the Komizar. She needs to rule Venda.
Rafe wants to go back to Dalbreck and Lia doesn't so I think that's going to drive them apart. I also think that Kaden is going to go after them. But God I don't know, this is just what I want. I need to book now!!
Mariah of the Night Court
VERY GOOD, BUT NOT SATISFIED WITH THAT ENDING.

***Contains Spoilers***

I literally stayed up last night from 10:00 to 5:00 AM reading the last 500 pages of this book. I am drained. Anyways, before I start on the main points of why I deducted 2 stars from this book, let me list some reasons why I enjoyed it.

* Lia went through some hardcore character development and never gives up on what she believes in. She truly cares about the civilians in the three kingdoms and never lets her loyalty falter. Lo
Shannon (leaninglights)
Loved every page. I enjoyed the slower pace, the character development and how books 1 and 2 tied in perfectly. This series is the (good) slow burn you've been looking for :)
Cinda
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, ya
Nonstop action until the very end. Highly recommend this series.
Mar
I'm so, so, so sad. Wait, I need to cry.

Okay, time to recollect myself just to write this review. Then I shall cry again.

This was such a disappointment. The Kiss of Deception was one of my favorite books of early 2015, and then The Heart of Betrayal came that summer and man, that was a great second book in a series. I was so pumped for this book! I bought it at full prize, believing it would be the best 2016 read, maybe just after Empire of Storms... And I was so wrong.

The review will have some
Nastassja

Buddy-read with Katerina & Vira (click on names to check girls' reviews *whispers* they are awesome, you won't regret reading them, I promise). So, we are planning to visit Dalbreck soon, right? (Kate promised we would go). And I would like to link Sarah's review. Though we didn't read this book together, all the feels, guys! You must read the review and feel them too!

When we lose a battle, we have to regroup and move forward again. Choose an alternate path if necessary. But if we dwell on

Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
MAN. This series made me feel so many things! I thoroughly enjoyed this final installment and I'm super pleased with how everything ended up. However, I am taking one star off though bc there were times when it got really slow (especially since this book is like 200 pages longer than its predecessors!) and there was one romance in here that felt just a little too convenient for my tastes. But other than that, this was a great conclusion to a great series that I will definitely be revisiting agai ...more
Rae
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WARNING: MILD SPOILERS FOR THE KISS OF DECEPTION AND THE HEART OF BETRAYAL!

There is nothing better than an epic finale to a story that you have become so invested in. After going through so much with these characters you’ve come to know, there are so many emotions tied into how things will wrap up and eventually end. I love when I pick up the last book in a trilogy and realize it’s HUGE! To me, this means that I will be able to enjoy the story for that much longer, because most of the time I rea
Anja H.
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*5 TEAR FILLED STARS*

"Darkness was a beautiful thing. The kiss of a shadow. A caress as soft as moonlight."

Mary E. Pearson truly stole my heart with these books!
Another trilogy finished.
Another story I will never forget.
This is one of those book trilogies that will forever go down as one of the best I've ever read. Whatever she's publishing next, I'm reading it! When I started these, I actually cursed myself for waiting so long to give these a shot, but now I'm actually glad I waited. Becau
mahana
Jul 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
me after reading about the outcome of the love triangle: y'all ever heard of polyamorous relationships tho????????
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
With previous books in this series, I had so many feels that I had to review them in GIF form. But since this is the final installment in The Remnant Chronicles, I'm going to try to be vague and non-spoilery. That doesn't mean that there weren't just as many feels where this book is concerned. Or that there won't be GIFs. But no one likes to have the final book ruined for them.

Which is likely why there are rarely early copies provided for finales. That isn't to say that there weren't some sent

• Thorne (The Chronicles of Kaya, #2)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • The Great Pursuit (Eurona Duology, #2)
  • Unbound (The Griever's Mark #3)
  • Endure (Defy, #3)
  • The Mirror King (The Orphan Queen, #2)
  • Other Worlds
  • The Immortal Heights (The Elemental Trilogy, #3)
  • Warrior Witch  (The Malediction Trilogy, #3)
  • Neverwas  (Amber House, #2)
  • The Winner's Kiss (The Winner's Trilogy, #3)
  • Dark Tempest (Red Winter Trilogy, #2)
  • Water's Wrath (Air Awakens #4)
  • Lion Heart (Scarlet, #3)
  • Terrapin (Nordic Airre, #1)
  • Forest of Ruin (Age of Legends, #3)
  • Gathering Darkness (Falling Kingdoms, #3)
  • The Bitter Kingdom (Fire and Thorns, #3)
Mary E. Pearson is the NYT bestselling and award-winning author of eleven YA novels and one novella. Her works include the completed trilogy, The Remnant Chronicles, which in a starred review, Publisher’s Weekly called “masterfully crafted.” Her favorite activities as a child were climbing tall trees imagining she was a hero in some fantastical world, or running along fence tops and roofs pretendi ...more

The Remnant Chronicles (3 books)
  • The Kiss of Deception (The Remnant Chronicles, #1)
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
“Love didn’t end all at once, no matter how much you needed it to or how inconvenient it was. You couldn’t command love to stop any more than a marriage document could order it to appear. Maybe love had to bleed away a drop at a time until your heart was numb and cold and mostly dead.” 70 likes
“It doesn’t matter how many universes come and go, I will always remember who we were together.” 63 likes