Start by marking “Shutdown Player: Seattle Sockeyes Hockey (Game On in Seattle #10)” as Want to Read:
Shutdown Player: Seattle Sockeyes Hockey (Game On in Seattle #10)

Shutdown Player: Seattle Sockeyes Hockey

(Game On in Seattle #10)

After a brief marriage to an unfaithful, gold-digging wife, Jared Roderick is looking for the perfect good girl, and he thinks he’s found her. Sweet, quiet, prim Stephanie Clarke is exactly the woman he wants and nothing like his cheating ex. Now to convince a reluctant Steph they were meant to be together.

Steph has had enough of men controlling her life from her preacher
Published April 27th 2018 by Cedrona Enterprises

To ask other readers questions about Shutdown Player, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shutdown Player

Tpagirl
Shutdown Player was the tenth book in the Game On series by Jami Davenport.

Jared. He was a gorgeous NHL player. He was recently divorced from a money hungry puck bunny. She was unfaithful any time she had the chance and drained Jared dry during the divorce. However, as bad a choice he made, he still believed in a forever love. He knew his one and only was out there but he had no idea how to find her. He turned to a matchmaking company that was highly recommended by his married teammates.

Stephani
ItaPixie
Shelves: 4-stars

This was such an enjoyable read.
The romantic side of the story develops really slowly giving the tale more credibiliy.

Steph,our heroine, is getting off a very abusive relationship and she is trying to get her life back on track. She works two jobs and doesn't give men more than a thought until she meets Jared. He is an easygoing guy who still believes in love even after his marriage ended pretty badly.
I've liked to read about these two characters' journey,they have a special bond since the begi

Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
description
In Shutdown Player, Jami Davenport gives us two people who's past has now made them weary of trusting other people, especially when it comes to relationships. But the sparks and connection between Jared and Steph are hard to ignore. They each will have to work through their issues if they want to have any kind of future together.

I loved the way this author created the perfect scenario for these two emotionally damaged people to begin to work through the emotional and mental barriers their pasts
Isha Coleman
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Jami Davenport makes it hard to sit on the sidelines and not root her characters on. The blinders come off and the celebrity becomes human. Shutdown Player is the journey of two good people, who have suffered a bad break. A blow to the heart is not easy to bounce back from, especially when hateful words and violent episodes are part of the equation. Steph knows that first hand. As she rebuilds her life, she struggles to keep her heart intact. Jared is putting that resolve in danger. When it come ...more
2OCC Reviews
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gemma
Shutdown Player was a sport romance and it was the perfect combination of sport and romance. It also had a really good storyline that had a slow burn romance throughout the story between the two main characters. I loved the way that the couple took time to be together. I also really loved the secondary characters in the story as well, especially the sisters. They made me laugh and smile every time they were in the story.

Stephanie was an amazingly strong female character that experienced a lot of
Renee Entress from Renee Entress's Blog
4 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has laughs, pain, secrets, and heartbreak.

If you have not read the below I would recommend reading those books(s) first
Skating on Thin Ice: Seattle Sockeyes Hockey (Game On in Seattle, #1)
Crashing the Boards: Seattle Sockeyes Hockey (Game On in Seattle, #1.5)
Crashing the Net: Seattle Sockeyes Hockey (Game On in Seattle, #2)
Love at First Snow: Seattle Sockeyes Hockey (Game On in Seattle, #2.5)
Melting Ice: Seattle Sockeyes Hockey (Game On in Sea
Erin Lewis
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 star Review Shutdown Player: Seattle Sockeyes Hockey (Game On In Seattle #10) by Jami Davenport

This is book 10 in the series and another winner for Jami Davenport in my humble opinion. This is the story of Jared Roderick and Stephanie (Steph) Clarke.

This book had me hooked from the very first page. I absolutely loved Jared and Steph, two people hurt by their pasts yet equally determined to move on.

Whilst Jared is looking for love, Steph is bound and determined to ignore the sizzling chemistr
Michelle Brace (Wicked Babes Blog Reviews)
Another enjoyable book in the Game On in Seattle series. This series has had me hooked. I get more invested with all the characters after reading each book and am always eagerly waiting for the next character's book. I was curious about Steph from a previous book and of course Jared since we saw the meltdown of his marriage before.

These two have been burned by relationships before. On one hand you have Jared who is eager to find someone but they have to be completely opposite of what his ex was.
Susan Trewick
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Although this is the tenth book in this series I do feel it could be read as a standalone though I do suggest you read the previous books as this series is fab. This story follows Jared and Stephanie, Jared is recovering from a bad divorce, even though she took all he had to give he still believes in love and is looking for the one. Stephanie is in hiding after leaving an abusive boyfriend, trying to get her life back she takes a job at a matchmaking agency, she meets Jared and sparks fly but sh ...more
Claypot_Reads -  Michelle
Shelves: sports
3.5 stars for me

I enjoyed this hockey romance. Jared is gun shy after his acrimonious divorce. Steph is a little broken and hiding secrets she's ashamed of. Add in some hilarious meddling matchmakers and plenty of hot hockey players and it's an easy sports read.

I received an arc of this book.
Apr 22, 2018 rated it liked it
***ARC Provided by the Author and L. Woods PR***

I struggled with this title. Separately, I thought Jared and Stephanie were interesting. They had interesting stories, her with her abusive ex and him with the gold digger he divorced who bled him dry.

However, the book took a really, really, long time to get past these things and to get to the point where they started a relationship. And, then it got twisty, and introduced the reason that he thinks maybe they won't work. And, there was not enough o
Dora Ruiz Davalos Books and Tequila Blog
4.5 Amazing Stars!
Sports Romance lovers rejoice! This romance is filled with Hat Tricks, both literally and figuratively; any true hockey fan who knows the jargon can tell you this is something great! Shutdown Player is filled with funny and tender moments along with some drama and turmoil mixed in to keep us riveted and holding our breath a little. This is the perfect book to settle down with for an afternoon read it’s fast paced and features some wonderful secondary characters; my favorite wer
Janine - The World Was Hers for the Reading
Stephanie Clarke was ready to take control of her life. After a strict but loving childhood and a controlling and abusive boyfriend, Steph needs to regain control of what she wants out of life. She has new friends, her own apartment and two part time jobs she loves. What she doesn’t need is a romantic interest, no matter how sweet or handsome he may be.

Jared Roderick enjoys being in a relationship, but his ex-wife Candy took him for a real ride. Not only did she cheat on him their entire marriag
Marieke (Marieke's Books & Books and Tequila)
You would think that after a disastrous marriage to a gold-digger, an ice hockey player doesn’t want a happy relationship anymore. But that’s not the case with Jared. Shutdown Player tells his story, and how he wins the heart of a very reluctant/skittish Steph (who has her own secrets). I love this sweet story.
“I have a fondness for Hallmark movies, the sappier, the better.” She giggled, and the sound caressed his ears like the pleasant tinkling of a little bell. “I love them too.”

Jared and St
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jared Roderick has seen the bad side of marriage, he thought he had found his forever so he put a ring on her finger, but shortly there after he realized she wasn't in it for love like he was, she was only after his money and notoriety. Needless to say, once he discovered that little tidbit, and the fact that he wasn't the only man in her life, he decided it was time to move on and find someone who wanted him for the man he is and not what his fame on the ice brings affords him. So he turns to a ...more
Marea
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Stephanie Clarke was raised in a strong Christian family and rebelled against everything when she fell in love with Gino. Little did she realize that her dream man was really a nightmare. A controller who made her do things that she would have to live with forever. When she finally escaped him she tried to forget that life and hide it from everyone. Working 2 jobs to save money so she could go to school, she never imagined that one of them would cause her to fall in love with a client.

Jared “Ho
Susan
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I give Shutdown Player 5 stars for making my emotions sore so high and drop so low. The characters were incredible and the chemistry so intense. Horrible tragedies can sometimes help others to understand you better and build stronger relationships.

Jami Davenport is a spectacular author who has a knack for blending sports, romance and everyday issues into her writing. She creates strong characters who have lived some of life’s most unpleasant experiences and helps to get them through it and find
Stephanie
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Seattle Sockeyes Hockey player Jared Roderick has had a rough go of it. His recent divorce has left him pretty much broke but it was worth it to get rid of his gold digger and cheating wife. He doesn’t even mind being broke. What he minds is being alone. He wants what a lot of his team mates have. A loving wife, a home and even some kids. Jared is funny, sweet and attentive.

Marriage had changed Jared.
And not in a good way.
Up until a year or so ago, he’d lived a fucking charmed life. Then it all
Heather
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
We are back in the world of the Seattle Sockeyes, which is always a great place to be!

Jared "Hot Rod" Roderick has had a rough time lately. He's gone through a rough divorce and his now ex-wife has put him on the brink of financial ruin. He knows he has a couple of years before he can get back on his feet and so his focus is on hockey, yet he really wants to find that person that is meant for him. He's a relationship guy and while he learned his lesson with his ex, it makes him no less anxious t
Bobo's Book Bank
SHUTDOWN PLAYER is book 10 in the Game On in Seattle series. There's several couples who are mentioned and play a part in the story but it can be read as a standalone.

Stephanie has just escaped an abusive relationship. She's got a whole lot of baggage and a lot to overcome but she's working every day to feel better about herself. Jared is a hockey player who's recently gone through a bad divorce and is trying to get back on his feet. But he's lonely and not looking for a hook up. He goes to a "m
Michelle
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This next installment Seattle Sockeyes series is about Jared and Stephanie. Jared is trying to rebuild his life after a devastating divorce from his gold digging ex-wife. He has lost everything, his home, his car and most of his income trying to dig out of his Ex’s debts. But one thing Jared loves, is being in a relationship. He wants that, someone special to share his life with.
Stephanie is trying to get back to the woman she is, not the one that her abusive ex-boyfriend made her into. She is
Books Laid Bare
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
A realistic look at what is often the case for most, a love that isn’t instant, that needs not just work but patience and that when given time will grow into everything your heart hopes for and more.
The author gave the characters in this book the chance to just be normal, in a situation that should really be as far from normal as you could get, it isn’t every day that a girl gets as hulking heartthrob trying to win her over.
Hockey player Jared was a great guy, on and off the ice. Burnt badly by
Elizabeth Clinton
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sockeye Hockey is back and Jami Davenport gives us our newest couple that have gone through enough struggles that you can’t help get wrapped up in their story.
Jared Roderick a player for The Seattle Sockeyes has been through a really rough time lately, finding out his wife has been cheating and doing all kinds of awful things and has taken him to the brink of losing it all financially. But what Jared is looking for is that one person who can have the kind of relationship that will bring happines
Marybeth
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yay! The Sockeyes are back! This time we get Jared"Hot Rod" Roderick's story and poor guy is not having an easy time of things financially or emotionally during the aftermath of his divorce from his gold digging ex wife. Especially financially, she is bleeding him dry. Jared has not hardened his heart to finding love again though, in fact he craves that. He wants it more than anything. At the recommendation of a teammate he turns to Agnes & Iona, two quirky and amazing matchmaking sisters. H ...more
Emily Utsch
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hockey romance books are my jam, and this does not disappoint me at all. It is just the perfect mix of romance and sport. I love how Jared isnt a typical hockey player spreading his money around and being a horn-dog before finding his match. Oh Steph, my heart just breaks for her! I am so glad she had the happy ending she had. The epilogue was just the cherry on top of the sundae.
I am so glad the great-aunts were in this! They liven up what could be a sad depressing story if it chose to go that
Downward dog
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the tenth book in The Game On in Seattle series and it revolves around Jared, a hockey player with the Seattle Sockeyes. It is a sweet, feel good hockey romance with some suspense.

From the moment Jared and Stephanie meet, they find it hard to fight their attraction to one another but are afraid to risk their hearts. They are perfect for each other, but they have been hurt in the past and they need time to learn to trust again. Jared is still nursing his wounds after marrying a manipulat
Amy
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was soo good that I was able to finish in one day. This is the first book in a long time that has left me able to say that.

Jared is a unique character in that he is a professional Hockey player who is broke. He is divorced and has to give most of his paycheck to his ex. He wants a forever relationship and looks to a matchmaker service for help.

Stephanie is timid after having got out of an abusive relationship. She is not looking for a relationship but after meeting Jared she starts thi
Ree
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After meeting Steph in Penalty Play, I immediately knew I had to read her story.

A good girl gone bad by force, Steph is recovering from being deep in the clutches of an abusive relationship. Avoiding romantic relationships has become her new motto, until Jared. Starting out as friends, Steph begins to get comfortable, though her attraction to him is nowhere near the friend zone.

Jared is fresh off a bad marriage and an even messier divorce. The last thing he should be looking for is a new relatio
Sunny Shelly Reads
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a quirky, cute read. Jared is a hot hockey player, but he's been burned and doesn't act like the typical sports manwhore chasing the puck bunnies. Steph is quiet and kind of insecure as a result of her past relationship, and doesn't quite know what to do when she begins developing feelings for a client. Why? Because she is his professional matchmaker!

The two characters develop a strong friendship base as they get to know one another while Steph is looking for Jared's perfect match. But t
Julie
Shelves: divorce, hockey, romance
Jared lost just about everything when he went through his divorce. He’s spent his life quietly since, but keeps his eye out for a good woman who would want him just for the man he is, not the fact that he is a hockey player. His team mates suggest a matchmaker, and he figures why not.
Steph has had a difficult life and a relationship that tore her apart. She’s trying to move on and takes a job with Agnes and Iona to make extra money. Her job in tails being nice to gentlemen, smiling, chatting, m
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Subscribe to my newsletter to receive a free novel and be notified of new releases, special sales, and contests: http://eepurl.com/LpfaL

USA Today Bestselling Author Jami Davenport writes sexy contemporary and sports romances, including her Game On in Seattle Series, Men of Tyee Series, and coming soon will be a romantic suspense series, Gone Missing.

Jami lives on a small farm near Puget Sound with

Game On in Seattle (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Skating on Thin Ice: Seattle Sockeyes Hockey (Game On in Seattle, #1)
  • Crashing the Net: Seattle Sockeyes Hockey (Game On in Seattle, #2)
  • Melting Ice: Seattle Sockeyes Hockey (Game On in Seattle, #3)
  • Blindsided: Seattle Steelheads Football (Game On in Seattle, #4)
  • Bodychecking: Seattle Sockeyes Hockey (Game On in Seattle, #5)
  • Bottom of the Ninth: Seattle Skookums Baseball (Game On in Seattle #6)
  • Game Changer: Seattle Steelheads Football (Game On in Seattle #7)
  • Goaltending (Game On in Seattle #8)
  • Penalty Play (Game On in Seattle, #9)
  • Shot on Goal: Seattle Sockeyes Hockey (Game On in Seattle Book 11)