Start by marking “Living with Her One-Night Stand (The Loft, #1)” as Want to Read:
Living with Her One-Night Stand (The Loft, #1)

Living with Her One-Night Stand

(The Loft #1)

Jill has never been good at taking risks, but she spends one hot night with a sexy stranger, knowing she'll never see him again. Then Lucas shows up the next morning as her new roommate. He was supposed to be a one-night stand, but now he'll be living in the empty room in her shared apartment for the next six months.

Jill needs stability and a long-term relationship, and
Published April 24th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Living with Her One-Night Stand, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Living with Her One-Night Stand

Start your review of Living with Her One-Night Stand (The Loft, #1)
Alex ♈
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: safe

Light and safe read.
It was a bit dragged on in the middle, but overall a pleasant book.

What I liked the most - the heroine spoke her mind, she didn't hide her wishes and didn't change her future plans because of the hero.

He was ok, I understood how his 'bam' changed his life, but I felt sorry for his family - they missed him a lot. The best - the hero was human, he didn't play superman and was a bit vulnerable.

Safe. None of them was with OP after their ONS, though the h tried to date ->
Sara ➽ Ink Is My Sword
4 “Such a pleasant surprise” Stars
“Some things were like that.
Some things could stand the test of time and grow stronger and more beautiful because of it.
Some things didn’t break.”

Disclaimer: Copy provided by the publisher and NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED:

You got me at rooming with your one-night stand. Literally, I read that synopsis and I knew I had to read this, so I requested and I am so glad I got approved. I really enjoyed this, it blew my expe
Carvanz
Jill wants a forever man. When her online date doesn’t show up she decides to try a fun filled night with the handsome stranger she met instead. Now she’s face to face with Lucas the man she thought she’d never see again.

Lucas had a “bam” two years ago and walked away from his life. He now lives day to day, riding the tide, and only stopping for brief times in temporary places. His life goals do not mesh with Jill’s. He does not want a forever but he does want a now.

This couple! OMG! I loved an
Jessica

Very light, very simple but entertaining enough.
Coco.V
Feb 04, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on iBooks today (2/4/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:
Jill has never been good at taking risks, but she spends one hot night with a sexy stranger, knowing she'll never see him again. Then Lucas shows up the next morning as her new roommate. He was supposed to be a one-night stand, but now he'll be living in the empty room in her shared apartment for the next six months.

Jill needs stability and a long-term relationship, and she knows Lucas can never give her those things. He's looking for a life free of co
Maree Repa
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Five Amazing Stars

The First Date

I was just thrilled to now read book one, The Loft. Just this one night when Jill slept with another gorgeous guy she had met with one night. As she begins a life sharing her home. I simply loved this exciting book so very much too!

As Jill Armstrong was leaving her home, bickering with her house mates as she arrived at the Tea for Two shop to have a drink. And a chat with her good friend Carol Murphy. They talked how Jill had met a man that she had found on the i
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
Loved this one! It was just what i needed, a simple, easy read that was effective. It had those lovely feels, a bit of drama and heat. The hero was an emotional soul, a real beta hero. I liked the situation they found themselves in. Noelle Adams always plays her niche well.
Emily (Mrs B's Books)

This book is the first is a spinoff series of the Tea For Two series and this book focuses on Jill who we met in the last Tea For Two book.

Jill is quirky, smart and a little bit of a geek, but she has a big heart. Lucus had a life changing event and has since changed his entire life and has found himself invited to live with a college friend for a while. It is her that he meets Jill and they hit it off.

However one
Mou
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 plus Stars.

The heroine was ok but I loved the hero... this kind of sweet hero is hard to get in bookland these days! The book was perfectly safe. If you are feeling lazy and want to read something which doesn't tire you much then this book is perfect for the occasion.
Sometime
Mar 06, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
I really like this author but this story didn't work for me. There are a lot of things that this book does right. Both Lucas and Jill were great MCs. Both sweet, both wounded, so much chemistry together. But. But. Lucas was a mess. He had issues that he needed to take care of and instead he ran away. He had something happen to him about 2 years ago and ever since then, he left his stable job, his home, his fiance, his family, and became a wanderer taking nothing seriously and refusing all respon ...more
Lynn
I went into this knowing that the trope of a one night stand to more isn't really my thing. But the book was free and Noelle Adams used to be one of my go to authors. I think her latest formulas aren't working for my particular tastes as well any more.

Noelle Adams became a go to author several years ago for feel good romances without overly drawn out drama or over the top anst. I also liked that she involved emotional connections as that's my must have for a romance. I seem to be in the minority
Debbie Oxier
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was another entertaining read from the author. Jill does something she never does, has a one-night stand with a guy she met in a bar. Not only is he gorgeous, but as they talk she realizes he's witty, funny, and a good conversationalist. In short, everything she wanted in a man. Unfortunately, he isn't interested in marriage, a long term relationship. They part company not even knowing each other's names. So imagine Jill's surprise when he ends up being her new roommate!

Lucas is in town for
Isha Coleman
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Adams never shies away from the emotional. Her characters are human. Flawed learning to be fearless. Living with Her One - Night Stand is about need. What started as a chance encounter, becomes a life changing moment for two souls searching. Lucas is learning to live again after an upset in his life. Jill needs her fantasies to help her deal with a sometimes unkind reality. Each is looking for solace and end up finding salvation. Hope is what gives the capacity for love and that's what makes us ...more
Tami
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adams-n, netgalley
Low angst contemporary romance. First in this series. I'm kind of interested in seeing the premises of the other books. Ok, slightly intrigued? Good book from a good author. ...more
Monique
Review written: April 17, 2018
Star Rating: ★★★☆☆
Heat Rating: ☀☀☼☼☼

An Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) of this book was received free via Netgalley for an honest review.

A Noelle Adams book is always good. Some are amazing and some are likable. Living with Her One-Night Stand falls into the likable category for me. This is a spin-off series from the Tea for Two world and the cafe is featured in it. Definitely do not need to have read the earlier series though.

This book didn't set me on fire or w
Lorka
Dec 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: eh-contemporary
A good solid Noelle Adams read. Mention of grabbing water bottles from the fridge: check! Mention of the hero in need of a shave, 5 o'clock shadow going on: check! I'm totally not complaining, but after so many Noelle Adams books, I kind of joke with myself as I start a new book of hers as to how long it will take before I read about the grabbing of a water bottle, lol.

As for this story, it wasn't bad! A new storyline for me, and I think it was done well. The hero definitely had some emotional m
Maria Rose
I really enjoyed this sexy 'one night stand becomes more' romance! Jill and Lucas share a steamy night together when they meet at a bar, but the next morning Lucas turns up on her doorstep as a friend of one of her other roommates, and the new guy moving in! Awkward! They keep the secret of their previous meeting to themselves and pretend not to know each other. At first Jill steers clear of Lucas but realizes that it's silly to do that, and eventually they build an actual friendship.

Lucas clea
Laiza
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.. Ok read nothing unforgettable... It came to a point that I got tired of the hero...
Lavender
3.5 STARS

I rarely ever read short books so to find a short romance that I didn't bail out on before the 20% mark is honestly unheard of. Short romance books often lack character development, a real plot, tend to be cheesy and lack that slow burn and pacing that I love.

This book surprisingly wasn't like that.
I liked being wrong about this one.

Jill is on the rebound from a co-dependent relationship focusing on her roots in the small town life with a new job and good friends. She is smart, sexy a
Marnie
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fun and sexy afternoon’s reading.

We all have a number of authors that we auto-one-click every new book that comes out, and Noelle Adams is one of mine. I love everything she writes. Living With Her One Night Stand is a stand-a-lone in a new series about three young women who had shared a loft apartment above the Tea For Two cafe.

In attempting to push her own boundaries, Jill does something she’s never done before. She met a sexy stranger and had a one night stand, no names, no attachments, jus
Jennifer Hines
Apr 24, 2018 rated it liked it
*I received an ARC of this book free from Barclay Publicity in exchange for an honest review*

Jill is a sweet girl who got done wrong by the man she expected to spend forever with. Now she's out to find her 'forever man'. She wants the man, the house, the family, the roots. What she didn't expect was to get stood up and find herself talking to a hot stranger in a bar. Nor did she expect to find herself in bed with him having the hottest sex she's ever had. And she definitely did not expect to see
Kari
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, for-review, 2018

Living With Her One-Night Stand is the first in a new series. Apparently it is a spin-off of the Tea for Two series, but I didn't feel like I had to have read that one to enjoy this book. It holds up well as a stand alone. Jill decides on a whim to have a one night stand with a guy who seems to be in town for a visit. To her surprise, he ends up being her new roommate, Lucas. Now they have to love with each other and stay away from each other..

For the most part, I liked the story. I hav
Ana Paula
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and this is a great start to Noelle Adam's new series The Loft.

This series is about roommates that are sharing a loft in Blacksburg and it is a spin off of Tea for Two.

We met Jill in the book Seducing Her Brother's Best Friend (Tea for Two Book 3), she is relatively new to town and is trying to find somewhere she can call it home. All along the book she has this feeling of wanting to belong to somewhere or someone, she is tired of not belonging...

She meets Lucas in a bar and th
Mayu
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
*Received a free copy of this book for the Release Week Celebration Event, hosted by Barclay Publicity*
Last year I read Falling For Her Brother's Best Friend by Noelle Adams and loved it. So I was very excited when I got to know that Barclay Publicity was organising Release Week Celebration Event for Noelle Adams another book. I instantly signed up for it and here I am with the review for the book.

The story of Living With Her One-Night Stand flows smoothly with fair number of steamy scenes sprin
Monica
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I would like to thank Netgalley and The Loft for gifting me this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Jill who is looking for her forever partner decides to go on a blind internet date and meets Lucas who has sworn off all relationships. Being stood up by her internet date, she and Lucas start talking and one thing leads to another they decide to make a night of it. So you can guess by the title what is about to happen.

Even though Lucas does not want a long term relationship he doesn’t want Jil
Jessica Wannamaker
Jill first introduced at the tail end of tea for two- Patrick and Carols story. She works for Patrick, and lives above tea for two with her two room mates, soon to be three.

Lucas is the man she meets when her online date no shows. They instantly hit it off and wind up each other’s one night stand. Neither could forget replaying those few hours so when he shows up as her new roommate things change.

These two are push and pull tug of war meets magnets.

She wants forever he wants simple and easy aft
Kerry
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 stars!! I adored the Tea for Two series, and this first installment in the spin-off is fantastic! We've met Jill before, and she really is a great heroine. She knows what she is looking for in life and she is easy to relate to. I really loved her with Lucas. Lucas been through a lot, but the details aren't revealed until the end of the story. He thinks that he wants a life with no commitments, but that mentality is really put to the test the more time he spends with Jill.

The premise of this b
Ofelia
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just love all of Noelle Adams books. I enjoyed reading this book. It grabbed my attention from the very beginning and made it impossible for me to put the book down. Jill and Lucas met at a bar and hit it off and It was only suppose to be a one night stand but no one was more surprised then Jill and Lucas to come face to face the next day and find out they were going to roommates. Jill is looking for her forever guy and Lucas just wants to live his life one day at a time. They could not be mor ...more
Kari Hansen
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jill has reached a point in her life where she wants a man she loves and a family. She has been conversing on line with a man and they have been getting along great however he never showed up. She meets Lucas at the bar and decides to live a little and they spend the night together.

Two years ago, Lucas had a life altering moment and left it all behind. All he wants now is to live his live and enjoy his freedom so the last thing he wants is relationship.

They never thought they would see each oth
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jill and Lucas meet at a bar when her date does not show up. They strike up a conversation and one thing leads to another - as the title says "one-night stand". Little does Jill know, Lucas will soon become her roommate - the next day. They try to pretend that nothing happened between them and try to hide it from their friends. However, the attraction is so strong, it's hard for them to keep away from one another. The only problem is that Jill wants forever and Lucas just wants to live carefree ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Mr. Accidental Hero (Jet City Matchmaker, #1)
  • Our Options Have Changed (On Hold, #1)
  • The Choices I've Made (By The Bay, #1)
  • Seducing the Billionaire's Wife
  • Just One Night
  • Heat Wave (The Magic Jukebox, #4)
  • Fiancé for the Night (One Night to Forever, #1)
  • The Date Dare
  • Tempted by Her Boss (The Renaldis, #1)
  • In His Kiss (Love On The North Shore, #4)
  • Tall, Dark and Charming (Tall, Dark and Sexy, #1)
  • Challenging the Doctor (Marietta Medical, #2)
  • Heart Raider (Heartthrob, #1)
  • Denied (Southern Alphas, #4)
  • A Tempting Friendship (Clover Park #10)
  • Taking It Easy (Boys of the Big Easy, #2)
  • Iris in Bloom (Take a Chance, #2)
  • Falling for Charming
Noelle handwrote her first romance novel in a spiral-bound notebook when she was twelve, and she hasn't stopped writing since. She has lived in eight different states and currently resides in Virginia, where she teaches English, reads any book she can get her hands on, and offers tribute to a very spoiled cocker spaniel.

She loves travel, art, history, and ice cream. After spending far too many yea

The Loft (3 books)
  • Living with Her Ex-Boyfriend (The Loft, #2)
  • Living with Her Fake Fiancé (The Loft, #3)

News & Interviews

“She needed a cup of tea to give her courage for the evening. She was meeting” 0 likes