Start by marking “Bid My Soul Farewell (Give the Dark My Love, #2)” as Want to Read:
Bid My Soul Farewell (Give the Dark My Love, #2)

Bid My Soul Farewell

(Give the Dark My Love #2)

The stunning finale of the epic fantasy duology from New York Times bestselling author Beth Revis.

Alchemy student turned necromancer Nedra Brysstain has made a life-changing decision to embrace the darkness--but can the boy who loves her bring her back to the light before she pays the ultimate price?

Lunar Island is trying to heal. The necromantic plague that ravaged the l
Published September 24th 2019 by Razorbill

To ask other readers questions about Bid My Soul Farewell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bid My Soul Farewell

Start your review of Bid My Soul Farewell (Give the Dark My Love, #2)
Elle (ellexamines)
Do you ever read a really really excellent book, and then read the sequel, and enjoy it fine but realize that you only enjoyed it because you’re invested in the characters and nothing really interesting happened with them? Same.

This book was not bad. I like the commentary on capitalism vs. tradition. The ending of this was genuinely really good, with a great twist I didn’t see coming.

However, I honestly think a lot of this story felt fairly rushed. Instead of making a new story, it rides off th
Chelsea Humphrey
May 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: from-publisher
Give the Dark My Love: 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Bid My Soul Farewell: 🌟🌟🌟

Review to come.

*Many thanks to the publisher for providing my review copy.
chai ♡
Feb 12, 2019 marked it as to-read
Bid my soul farewell as well because the wait for this book is going to kill me
Irena BookDustMagic
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!
One of my favourite series and, in my opinion, one of the best fantasies out there.

Full review to come.
Jenn
I'm not going to lie, I was surprised as hell by how much I loved Give the Dark My Love. So needless to say, I could not wait to get my hands on the sequel. And I finally did!!

There will probably be spoilers of the first book, so be warned if you haven't read it. Nedra is still reeling from the loss of her family and can only find comfort among her dead. Meanwhile, Grey is working under the Emperor to make Lunar Island a better place and to also keep his eye away from Nedra. But what seems like
Stacee
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After the somewhat abrupt ending in the previous book, I was happy that I didn’t have to wait to get into this one.

I really love Nedra. She’s so loyal and loving and determined. I did enjoy getting to know Grey better. It felt like he was more of a rounded character this time around.

Plot wise, it was a bit slow, but I loved it. Getting Nedra and Grey off the island was intriguing and for me, gave a layer of suspense because I expected everyone to be revealed as a necromancer. I enjoyed the bui
Cesar
May 11, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2 stars.

Where did we go? Where did we go from a story involving alchemy, the horrors of necromancy and death, to a story that had the life sucked out of it? Bid My Soul Farewell read like a different story compared to the first book. With this being a duology, I'd imagined the story having a good conclusion while answering some questions that were leftover in the first book. It's complicated, really.

Give the Dark My Love may have been a mixed bag for me, but I had hoped that Bid My Soul Farewell
Nicki Chapelway
Nov 29, 2018 marked it as to-read
Um... I don't mean to make a big deal of this but... I NEED THIS RIGHT NOW OR I WILL PROBABLY EXPLODE FROM ANGST, WORRY, AND ANTICIPATION.
Hollis
Once again, I'm left feeling like I wish I loved this more than I did.

Was that all it took to make a monster? A label and the accusations of others?

After the events of book one, Nedra has become a necromancer, has crossed the line into darkness and treason, because of the devastation wrought by the plague and the necromancer who set it in motion, who had conspired to rule over all. She might have ended the plague but she still lost everything; which means she’ll do anything she can to hold on to
Marissa
Nov 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Maggie [storme reads a lot]
I liked this ending just fine, but I guess I wanted more as well. This book could have been all about a dark necromancer, instead it was a happy ending romance. I’m bitter about the wasted potential, but it’s really not a terrible book.
Andy
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, 2019-read
Nedra Brysstain has passed the moral limits set by her society. She's descended into the dark and brought not only her sister, but a whole army of dead back through Necromancy. Nessie, her sister, still remains a shell and Nedra doesn't know how to help her sister, but she's determined to find a way even if it means sacrificing her soul. Meanwhile, Grey is trying to find a way to help Nedra and the North through more legal means.

This duology was amazing. I loved every second of it. Seeing Nedra
Nemo (The Moonlight Library)
This review was originally posted on The Moonlight Library.

Bid My Soul Farewell was exactly the sequel I wanted for Give the Dark My Love.

I liked how even though the first book felt like a satisfactory ending and a completed story arc, there was enough room in the sequel to tie a lot of things back to the first book, so even though the first book wasn’t cut off mid-story or cliffhanger-y, it still felt like it built itself off the premise of the first one, and I really enjoyed that.

Nedra and Gre
Shelley
*Source* Library
*Genre* Young Adult, Dark Fantasy
*Rating* 3.5

*Thoughts*

Bid My Soul Farewell, by author Beth Revis, is the final installment in the authors Give the Dark My Love duology. The story picks up right where book one left off. The story actually alternates between Nedra Brysstain, and Grey Astor. In the previous installment, Nedra saved the emperor from captivity and found the necromancer who started the plague and doled out justice. But in the process, Nedra solidified herself as a nec
christina
Oct 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-fantasy, ya-series
I thought this series would go out with a bang, but it was more like a whimper. I would still recommend reading this book because it ties everything up nicely and has a happy ending for the MC Nedra. I'm just a little disappointed since I had really high hopes, and was looking forward to an action packed conclusion.

-----------------

Give the Dark My Love, #1 ★★★★☆
Bid My Soul Farewell, #2 ★★★☆☆
Tara (Spinatale Reviews)
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
After the events of Give the Dark My Love, I really wasn’t sure where Beth Revis was going to take the story next. But Bid My Soul Farewell was the absolutely perfect conclusion to this story, I loved the journey that Nedra went on in this book. And how Grey developed as a character.

This story expanded the world in scope and showed us more of the empire (which is fascinating!). The theory behind necromancy is delved into more and there are some fascinating ethical conundrums raised.

I really love
Cindy ✩☽♔
Feb 06, 2019 marked it as to-read
I haven't even read the first one yet, but I must say, as far as cover models go, this is quite stunning.
Erin Arkin
Review to come.
Athena (OneReadingNurse)
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I need to upload the reviews for these but right now I'm just rating the last few books I read this year so my total is accurate ❤ happy reading year❤
Miscellaneous Allie
DNF 54%
I may come back to this? I doubt it but who knows. Maybe I just wasn't in the right mind space for it. But I doubt it.

This book for me is like when you get past the honeymoon phase in a relationship and start only being able to focus on all of the little things that your boyfriend does that seriously pisses you off until you break up with them.

I seriously hate Nedra. She's awful. She's so fucking selfish all the time but never posed that way. She's supposed to seem strong and loving but
Carina Olsen
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This final book fully messed with my mind. And it was every bit as good as I had hoped it would be. But it also ruined my heart, just as much as I had feared it would. I liked the ending a whole lot. Though I wish it had been a little longer, haha. I really would not have minded a third book. I always want more of what I love.

But this book did not need more. Because it was perfect just the way it was. Fully evil and rude. But so very amazing as well. I so loved every moment of this. Even the mom
Ruthsic
Warnings: description of gore

Rep: Main character is an amputee

After Nedra defeats the necromancer-introduced plague, she doesn't let go of her undead army, instead retreating back to the hospital as a home base, while she tries to find a way to bring her sister back. Binding her soul back to her sister's body becomes her primary objective, and though she feels for the other undead, and keeps them to give them more time with their family, they are also her protection against the expected attacks
Kayleigh
Oct 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, young-adult, fantasy
3.5 stars.

“That’s what you’ve taught me, Ned.” Grey pushed my hand aside, drawing closer to me. “If you love someone—deeply, in as true a way as you can—you will get hurt. People leave us and love falls apart, and when it does, it hurts. It should hurt. How can you not hurt when what you love is gone?”

I did really enjoy Bid My Soul Farewell, but the pacing really messed it up for me, overall. I didn’t love it as much as the first one, but it was a really solid ending to a great duology! Full RTC
Jessica
Apr 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
4⭐️

I felt the story dragged a bit in the middle, but all was worth it for that ending!!! I adored Nedra: she was incredibly strong-willed and bad ass and ugh I love her so much. Probably my favorite protagonist (maybe a little antagonist 😉) in YA by far.
Chay
May 31, 2020 rated it it was ok
My rating: 2/5

This series had sooooo much potential. I wished that Bid My Soul Farewell had focused more on the necromancy acorrding to this world, good girl turned bad trope, and the interesting political environment/climate than with all of the romance bits and Grey pining for Nedra. Overall the first book was stronger but this was still alright.
Elyse
Bid My Soul Farewell
Release date 9.24.2019

Title & cover were revealed via Beth Revis's email subscription!
C. Alexis
Mar 28, 2020 rated it did not like it
Christy
Sep 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Pick this book up if you love dark stories that crawl into your heart and lodge themselves in firmly, endings like Illuminae, and antiheroes you won't soon forget.
Jackie
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, 2019-reads
Give me all the stories of a young woman’s descent into necromancy and the darkness that hungers for more.

“Bid My Soul Farewell” finds Nedra dabbling further into the art of necromancy as she tries to restore her sister’s soul but soon she finds that there’s something much darker lurking in the distance and with Grey making a name for himself with the Emperor the two find themselves at odds as the call for revolution grows.

It’s not often that I get to read stories that see a hero turn into the
Naaytaashreads
“Power was passion. That hunger - it was desire. A voracious need and longing to consume, to become one.”

I really love the first book but sadly I didn't love the sequel as much as I did with the first one.
I love the storyline, I love the characters but I feel like the story was so just rushed and the ending was so abrupt.
I feel like there was still so much room for stories to share and the plot to thicken.

The character growth was so subtle when it was so hype out with the first book.
I hate Grey
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Dark Skies (Dark Shores, #2)
  • Blood Heir (Blood Heir Trilogy, #1)
  • Sisters of Shadow and Light (Sisters of Shadow and Light, #1)
  • The Crow Rider (The Storm Crow, #2)
  • Forest of Souls (Shamanborn, #1)
  • Scavenge the Stars (Scavenge the Stars, #1)
  • Unravel the Dusk  (The Blood of Stars, #2)
  • TRUEL1F3 (Lifelike, #3)
  • The Guinevere Deception (Camelot Rising, #1)
  • Cloak of Night (Circle of Shadows, #2)
  • The Girl the Sea Gave Back (Sky in the Deep, #2)
  • Heart of Flames (Crown of Feathers #2)
  • Dark Shores (Dark Shores, #1)
  • A Treason of Thorns
  • Don't Call the Wolf
  • These Divided Shores (Stream Raiders, #2)
  • Wild Savage Stars (Sweet Black Waves, #2)
  • A River of Royal Blood (A River of Royal Blood, #1)
Beth Revis writes books. She also eats too much chocolate, wishes she could travel more, and prefers puppies to people. Beth lives in rural NC with her boys: one husband, one son, two very large puppies.

Give the Dark My Love (2 books)
  • Give the Dark My Love (Give the Dark My Love, #1)