Start by marking “Robert Ludlum's The Patriot Attack” as Want to Read:
Robert Ludlum's The Patriot Attack

Robert Ludlum's The Patriot Attack

(Covert-One #12)

Robert Ludlums The Patriot Attack
Published September 22nd 2016 by Orion (first published September 29th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Robert Ludlum's The Patriot Attack, please sign up.
Shubhra No, it's USAMRIID researcher and soldier Jon Smith...

Samuel
Jan 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS

“Climb Mount Niitaka”.- Code phrase initiating the Imperial Japanese Navy’s attack on Pearl Harbour.

“Once a man’s will is set, he need no longer rely on others or expect anything from the world”.- Yoshida Shonin.

Recently, I went to a country I had not previously visited in Asia. Japan. Land of the rising sun, first country in Asia to develop to the point where it could flip off the 19th Century Colonial Imperialists with confidence, party to a war which led to the death of
Matt
Oct 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
First and foremost, a large thank you to NetGalley, Kyle Mills, and Grand Central Publishing for providing me with a copy of this book, which allows me to provide you with this review.

In March 2011, everything ran effectively at the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant until an earthquake and subsequent tsunami severely damaged the facility. Years later, Dr. Jon Smith is in the region to meet with a former plant employee who possesses a sample he wishes to share from one of the Fukushima reacto
Buddy Draper
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
This is a Covert-One novel, started by Robert Ludlum. Once again, Jon Smith and Randi Russell save the world. This time they saved it from nationalistic Japanese who wanted to unleash nanotechnology.
Lionel
A guest left this book in the hotel I work in, so I gave it a go.... The praise for this book are about the dead author (Ludlum) not about the actual writer (mills).... a great sign.

I basically liked nothing about this book but didn't hated to the point of not finishing it. thankfully the pace is quite high with lot of small chapters so I could read just a pages at a time.

The story had nothing going on for me. The probability of it happening seams so low in my opinion that it never got me hooked
Mark Megaw
Every moment is so darn urgent that this book becomes numbingly easy to set down for a break; I was always confident that I could focus on real life for a moment without thinking that I'd lose the momentum of a character's subtle growth.

That said, the steady drumbeat of "near misses" is entertaining, and right down the predictable middle of the confines of the genre. If you want an action novel, it's here.
Connie High
Aug 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
as always, these authors never cease to amaze and hold anyone's attention. These novels are unbelievably exciting with always the right bit of mystery and action. The main characters are true of heart and become part of you as they achieve their missions. These novels continually leave me anxious for the next one. This is the second time I've read this one and love it.
Tom
Jan 18, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
While Mills is a decent enough ghost writer, with a Ludlumesque sense of complex plots, his lead characters remain too bland and generic. Jon Smith has unrealized potential, and more scars and injuries than a 17th century pirate, which makes you want to see more interesting characters and dialogue to go along with the fast=moving adventure. Too much B Movie; too little engaging writing.
Dean
May 03, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: robert-ludlum
I gave Kyle Mills one more chance and it was the last time. For whatever reason, he fills the need to make all of the characters talk with a lot of profanity. This is not consistent with the many other books on Covert-One. The other authors, such as Jaime Freveletti, are much better writers. Sorry Kyle, I'm done with your books.
Joel Anderson
Oct 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A simple clandestine meeting turns into something more sinister...perhaps the start of World War 3 and the ultimate subjugation of the entire world to a world power previously thought under control. This may be one of the toughest assignments ever to come to Covert One. Victory is far from certain as LTCOL Jon Smith tries to prevent the war and the potential end days that follow.

Tim
Nov 06, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
After re-listening to FADE (Awesome) and prior to that, SURVIVOR, I found PATRIOT ATTACK better than Survivor and a good write overall. I find the premise interesting and creative, but I wish the ending was better. 6 of 10 stars
Chris Yorgason
A pretty good read, but not really up to the standards of the Jason Bourne novels. A little too far-fetched to really keep me interested.
Al Macy
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-book
Silly and unrealistic but fun.
Aura
Oct 20, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Still good but somehow getting more and more mellow...
Stephanie
Dec 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good solid continuation of the Covert One series. One of my usual choices for travel.
Ryan Hillis
Sep 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The All New Covert One Novel!! Colonel John Smith saves the world in this slam bang thriller!!
Andrea
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is the 12th in a series COVERT-ONE created by Robert Ludlum.
I am impressed; this action story is very different than the usual genre.
The Patriot Attack is the story of a deepening rift between Japan and China.
The United States has an agreement to defend Japan as the constitution crafted by Gen Douglas MacArthur at the end of World War II.
Unbeknown to any of the world governments the head of the Japanese Defense Force has been quietly building weapons of war Covert-One operations Colone
Rohit Nair
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kyle Mills is keeping the franchise alive quite skillfully. Fast paced, with Jon and Randi performing their usual stunts with blessings from the elusive Klien and the president. One major drawback here is that the stories are getting quite repetitive. Every story revolves around mad men in possession of apocalyptic technologies who are hell bent on wreaking havoc across the world. Of course they are not successful thanks to the Jon and the C-One team. Still, its a nice read!
Allison Anderson Armstrong
Very drama! Such wow! What luck of the major characters! They never seemed to die, but everybody else did. While I found myself listening to this book with a lot of interest, the writing is cliche and repetitive, too much swearing, and a rather unbelievable plot. World War III basically lies in the hands of 2 people who keep getting very, very lucky in their predicaments. It might make a good movie, but as a book it falls short of anything I would ever call "great fiction."
Jay
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rack up another great story by Kyle Mills

Whether writing under his own name or Clancy or Ludlum, Kyle does a masterful job. Good character development, believable plots and edge of the seat action combine to create a great book.
marie lowndes
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chilling

The ways to kill each other seems unlimited. Let's hope that America will continue to be focused on saving others from themselves. The bravery of our Armed Services is never ending.
Davecapp
Aug 23, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: espionage
An interesting take on Japan and how the military culture may have evolved secretly since WWII, but overall not a great read. Characters are pretty two dimensional with few compelling reasons to turn to the next page (unless you're an idiot like me who can't NOT finish a book).
James McGowan
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent Read .

Well done Robert Ludlum for a very good exciting read .It kept me enthralled to the very end . An excellent futuristic plot .Thoroughly recommended .
Cindy
May 23, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Action, mystery and a nice plot with good narration.
Robert Meaney
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great read .

The neutron bomb was a surprise since my days SAC I remembered it as a weapon never used, thank God.
Daniel Leahy
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great writing and suspense
Stephanie Karina
Aug 20, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not my cup of tea, I read it because a coworker recommended it to me, I love when people share with me their books but this book was awful. The vocabulary was just awful.
Christian
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Sehr spannend
Michael
Sep 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice to read, fast paced and entertaining
Joseph
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A solid 4 1/2 stars for this one! This series has definitely improved with time. Looking forward to the next one
Janice
Feb 27, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: action-thriller
The last in this series. Pretty high specific body count, which is a little unusual (by which I mean, a lot of named and / or recurring characters died - as opposed to masses of unnamed crowds, which has happened several times in this series). And left the main character in pretty bad shape. Was not bad, there have been better in the series. Was probably a good time to stop.
  • The Geneva Strategy (Covert-One, #11)
  • The Janson Option (Paul Janson, #3)
  • The Janson Equation (Paul Janson, #4)
  • The Arctic Event (Covert-One, #7)
  • The Bourne Retribution (Jason Bourne, #11)
  • The Art of War (Tommy Carmellini #6; Jake Grafton & Tommy Carmellini Universe #16)
  • The Pharaoh's Secret (NUMA Files, #13)
  • Deadly Assets (Badge of Honor, #12)
  • The Zurich Numbers (November Man, #5)
  • The Altman Code (Covert-One, #4)
  • The Paris Option (Covert-One, #3)
  • The Lazarus Vendetta (Covert-One, #5)
  • The Templar Legion (Templar, #5)
  • Twice a Spy
  • Eagle Talons (The Iron Horse Chronicles, #1)
Robert Ludlum was the author of twenty-seven novels, each one a New York Times bestseller. There are more than 210 million of his books in print, and they have been translated into thirty-two languages. He is the author of The Scarlatti Inheritance, The Chancellor Manuscript, and the Jason Bourne series--The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Supremacy, and The Bourne Ultimatum--among others. Mr. Ludlum ...more

Covert-One (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Hades Factor (Covert-One, #1)
  • The Cassandra Compact (Covert-One, #2)
  • The Paris Option (Covert-One, #3)
  • The Altman Code (Covert-One, #4)
  • The Lazarus Vendetta (Covert-One, #5)
  • The Moscow Vector (Covert-One, #6)
  • The Arctic Event (Covert-One, #7)
  • The Ares Decision (Covert-One, #8)
  • The Janus Reprisal (Covert-One, #9)
  • The Utopia Experiment (Covert-One, #10)